Comment thread for executive branch plans, 9th term

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Comment thread for executive branch plans, 9th term

Post by Jamie Palisades »

This thread exists to permit public comment on the preliminary CDS government plans for the 9th term outlined here:
http://forums.slcds.info//viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2048. I'll reply to any questions, suggestions or thrown tomatoes over here instead. Questions, suggestions and thrown tomatoes welcome. Regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Comment thread for executive branch plans, 9th term

Post by Jon Seattle »

* Mark commercial plots to implement Commerce bill.
* implement supplemental penalty rent system to implement Commerce Bill
* Implement Chamber of Commerce to implement Commerce Bill.
(On these four, see separate posts to Business/Commerce/Economy)

There is a CDS Chamber of Commerce SL group started by MT that MT says here ( http://forums.slcds.info//viewtopic.php ... =15#p11722 ) is supposed to function as the Chamber of Commerce mentioned in the Commerce bill. Right now the only two visible members (both owners) are MT and Princess. I have several observations:

1. Unlike the New Guild and other NGOs with an official function, the charter of this group has not been approved by the RA. In contrast, the Guild has had every proposed change in the charter approved.

2. SL group membership is by invitation only. In theory anyone can join by asking, but without voting rights. At present to do so they must request membership from MT or Princess.

3. Voting membership is decided by the "leader" and if I read the proposed charter correctly the right to vote may also be removed without review by that individual.

4. Membership is limited to "commercial vendors" in the CDS. Not only does this mean that non-business people do not have a say in critical development decisions, but it defines commerce as retail shops only. Is it true that:

* Other CDS businesses: services, consulting, architects, law offices, etc are not given voting rights and are to be discouraged from owning commercial property?

* Non-profit enterprises, or any size, seem to be excluded?

It seems to me that we should clarify all of this before we move ahead to implementation. Thanks.

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Comment thread for executive (Chamber of Commerce)

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Great questions Jon, thanks.
To keep this threaded and findable I have responded here:
http://forums.slcds.info//viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2062
... and suggest that further chat specifically about the Chamber of Commerce be posted to the "Business, Commerce and the Economy" Boards.
Regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.

Return to “General Discussion”