Land sale hitch

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Land sale hitch

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

I've sold 1645 Sudanestrasse to Em Warden but because we weren't online at the same time I wasn't there to get my refund when she bought it so she couldn't pay the meter. I've now gone in and got my refund but now the meter says the parcel is for sale. I don't know how to ensure Em gets her land and I can't hang around inworld as I'm not well. I just want it known that she is the rightful new 'owner' and please could someone make sure this goes through for her? Thank you.

Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Land sale hitch

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

Garnet,
If Em has already purchased the parcel via the land tab than all she needs to do is click on the Hippo "for sale" sign and pay the tier. Even if someone else was foolish enough to pay the tier Em still has the actual ownership of the parcel, not the individual who paid Hippo. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Trebor

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

I hope you can fix it, Garnet, and my best wishes for a quick recovery of your health!

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Okay - I just goofed I think.
I saw a NFS parcel and bought it... then realized it still has 4 weeks left and is owned by Cleo.. but the land itself was for sale so... im confused
Who owns it, her, or me?
I missed the bit about land auction because I've been busy picking up some shifts and things have got busy with my IW regions.

I was looking through the forums to find out if there was a reason why the parcel Cleo paid tier on yesterday was still set for sale via land today.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Moonrise, if you were able to buy the land itself then you are the owner. Cleo will need to get her refund from the meter then it will set itself 'for sale' and you can pay it. She can explain why she paid it but I imagine it was to ensure she was still the owner and could therefore legitimately sell it.

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Okay - I'll wait and hear then I guess.
I wasn't sure if she had paid tier at the auction but forgot to buy the land, or if she was the seller of the land and simply still had tier.
Thank you for the response.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Return to “General Discussion”