Garden of Peace

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Garden of Peace

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

During the RA Meeting of June 11, 2017 (http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8135) Ranma Tardis spoke on „shifting LI [Land Impact] to public land for some residential builds“. Pip Torok misunderstood „LI“ as „L.01 Colonia Nova“ (The Garden of Peace) and stated: “well it was named to counter a very fractious period of CDS in the past ... I suggest it has helped quell that storm and is with respect now out of date“ and „I propose that L1 be handed to the public land“. While Ranma asked Pip to file a formal proposal and Pip was thinking of forwarding the issue to the LUC, Sylvia Tamalyn cleared up the misunderstanding and Lilith Ivory reminded the RA to return to more pressing topics.

To be honest, I did not remain silent because I am a shining example of buddhistic equanimity but did just not get what the heck Pip was talking about ;) I am pondering who owned the parcel before - possibly Pip?

Now, before this starts to reach out to the LUC or becomes an official RA business, I would like to emphasize that I am the proud owner of L.01 Colonia Nova, which was designed by Mizou with some contributions of Rosie, Pip and Gaius. I really hope there will be no attempt to expropriate this beautiful park from me, even more because I oppose rededicating tier generating residential land to public property.

I am making this public for two reasons: I’d like to renew the invitation to every citizen to use this park for personal recreation, including spontaneous gatherings and scheduled events. And I would like to know your opinion. If you really think it is out of date I could hire a designer to renovate it. Thank you.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Garden of Peace

Post by Han Held »

I appreciate the reminder, personally. I'm pretty oblivious to most things outside of NFS, including the Garden Of Peace; which I've now added to my profile picks. :)

Beyond that I have two comments;
1)We'll always have conflicts, we'll always need a neutral, peaceful place -so I can't see your garden ever being 'out of date' in that sense. Even if it was made in response to a specific conflict that's now in the past; that doesn't change the fact there will be conflict in the future. It's human nature. And when there is -there will be a need for a peaceful spot (or eight ;)).

2)As one of the remaining prim-slingers in SL, I'm one of the worst people to talk about things being out of date. I've looked around and I noticed a number of system trees (specifically Pine Trees by Eric Linden). I use system trees myself (a lot); but if you're worried about not using the 'latest and greatest' maybe replace those?

I also suggest sending out an open invitation in the group for people to drop by -including a landmark.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Thanks for bringing this up, Tan. During the RA meeting, I wanted the topic to move along so we could get to the portal issue, but my understanding has always been that you were owner of that lovely parcel, and YES, I do visit it from time to time! Your garden was one of the first places I noticed on my initial explorations in CDS, and I have returned to it several times since.

Since it is owned by a citizen, that should be the end of any discussion about giving it back to the public. I am not going to support anything of the sort, and I expect that once Pip sees that you own the parcel, that will be the end of the matter.

As for updating, I like it the way that it is. :)

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I very much like the garden too! It was previously owned by Pip, who I 'think' was the one to bring it back into existence after it wasn't there for some time. The original one was owned by Rose Springvale.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Ranma Tardis
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Ranma Tardis »

During the meeting, I thought Pip was refering to the Li prim shift.

If I understand corectly, Pip wants the RA to take lot L1 from its owner.

I see no reason why the RA should get involved with Pips dispute. I refer Pip to the Chancellor for any action.

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Rosie Gray wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 am

I very much like the garden too! It was previously owned by Pip, who I 'think' was the one to bring it back into existence after it wasn't there for some time. The original one was owned by Rose Springvale.

Yes the original one was owned by Rose Springvale and it was designed by myself for 'Utarid & Springvale' the CDS law firm when Colonia Nova was very new.
I found some photos taken right after designing this first garden in my archives:

Ut&sp_nameplate1.jpg

Rose asked me to design her offices right above the garden and then the garden.

garden-done_004.jpg
fountain_002.jpg
ut&sp~garden2_001.jpg
ut&sp~garden2_004.jpg

The garden became very much a part of the view as seen from the RA offices and when Rose left and I believe ThePrincess/Cleopatra bought the land and build a big house, the general reaction of CDS citizen was not in favour of the the loss of the garden where a deer family had it home as well as rabbits, i think, squirrels and pigeons.
Pip bought the land next and asked me to redesign a garden and we decided to call it the Garden of Peace, then Tan took it over from Pip and I redesigned the central part.
The garden has a new deer family, their names are ThePrincess for the female deer, Caesar for the male .... :D :lol: :roll:

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Ranma Tardis wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:58 am

During the meeting, I thought Pip was refering to the Li prim shift.

If I understand corectly, Pip wants the RA to take lot L1 from its owner.

I see no reason why the RA should get involved with Pips dispute. I refer Pip to the Chancellor for any action.

I think it´s needless to say that neither the chancellor nor the RA has the right to take away a parcel from a citizen who is in good standing without consent of this citizen. Especially not as long as we don´t plan to give up the region where this parcel is located.

.. and to be honest I don´t think Pip wanted to suggest anything like that.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Soro Dagostino »

Back in my early days in CDS, I always thought the Springvale property and the Park were the best property parcels in CDS. A big shout out to Tan for dedicating the Park to the solace of CDS Citizens.

FWIW.

Bottle Washer
CDS SC

Return to “General Discussion”