CDSL 24-01 discussion outcomes table...pending...

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

CDSL 24-01 discussion outcomes table...pending...

Post by Bagheera »

Below, it was my intention to post a table of the suggested revisions to CDSL 24-01 broken down by Sequential Step.

It's readability is dependent on Administrative assistance to show the coding. Until that happens, here is a link to a page I created elsewhere to show the table:

http://bagheera.tv/cdsl-24-01-table-of- ... d-changes/

Late Addition: Name of Law -

a) Keep as CDSL 24-01 Responsible Estate Management Act and revise it

or

b) Repeal original law (to achieve a name change) and change to CDSL 28-01“Region Divestment Act”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
below is the table in BBCode (which may or may not be readable at this time)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
[table]
[tr]
[th]Text of Law Currently in Force[/th]
[th]Suggest Change #1[/th]
[th]Suggested Change #2[/th]
[th]Sequential Steps[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Rationale:
In the Confederation of Democratic Sims, it is the responsibility of the CDS government to ensure that the estate is financially managed in a responsible manner with an overall goal of keeping CDS in the black.

Tenancy fluctuations and long term vacancies can negatively impact the financial health of the estate. This bill establishes parameters for selling a CDS region if it remains vacant, in the red and a financial liability.[/td]
[td](no suggested changes)[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Rationale for law[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](1) If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months[/td]
[td]If the CDS fails to generate more than 90% of its monthly tier expense for and a region fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months[/td]
[td]If the CDS fails to generate more than 90% of its monthly tier expense for and a region fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, or the CDS as a whole fails to generate more than 90% of its monthly expenses for six consecutive months.[/td]
[td]What triggers the law to go into effect?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region if he/she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.[/td]
[td]the Chancellor is to notify the RA for review to determine if it is in the best financial interests of the CDS to divest of the region.[/td]
[td]the Chancellor or anyone is to notify the RA for review to determine if it is in the best financial interests of the CDS to divest of a region.[/td]
[td]Who initiates the first action and what do they do?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]The Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time[/td]
[td]If the decision is made to sell, ... (appended to current law)[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]What does the Chancellor do first if the decision is made to sell the region[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](2) The Chancellor must give 30 days notice to all CDS citizens of the intention to sell a region both on the CDS forum and in an in-world CDS group notice.[/td]
[td]The Chancellor must give 90 days notice to all CDS citizens of the intention to sell a region both on the CDS forum and in an in-world CDS group notice.[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Timing of notice to all citizens.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](3) The Chancellor must give 30 days notice of the sale to all citizens of the region via notecard. In the case of group owned land, the Chancellor will provide notice via notecard to the group owner.[/td]
[td](3) The Chancellor must give 90 days notice of the sale to all citizens of the region via notecard. In the case of group owned land, the Chancellor will provide notice via notecard to the group owner.[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Timing of notice to citizen landowners and groups of the affected sim/region.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](4) Citizens of the region being sold are responsible for abandoning their land and taking refunds of their tier balance from the tier meters before the date of the sale.[/td]
[td](4) Citizens of the region being sold are responsible for abandoning their land and subsequently notifying the Executive (Chancellor or Estate Manager) to issue a refund of their tier balance from the tier meters before the date of the sale.[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Citizen owners' responsibilities to abandon land and how to collect refund of tier balance.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](5) Available parcels in the region that is scheduled for sale will remain available for lease during the next 27 days making it possible for residents to purchase land and generate revenue for the sim[/td]
[td]Strike[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Are parcels put back on the market for sale after sale decision made?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]The RA has the authority to convene a session and override the Chancellor's decision by a majority vote within 29 days of the Chancellor announcement to sell the sim.[/td]
[td]Strike[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]RA authority and process to override Chancellor's decision to sell.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](6) Three days prior to the sale date, the Chancellor will review the financial status of the sim and post his/her findings to the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forum.

If the sim generated at least 75% of its monthly tier expense, the sale of the sim will halt.

If the sim did not generate at least 75% of its monthly tier expense, The Chancellor will announce his/her intentions to sell the sim or not in the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forums.[/td]
[td]Three days prior to the sale date, the Chancellor will announce his/her intentions to sell the sim or not in the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forums.[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Last chance review[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]On the scheduled date of sale, the Chancellor will clear the region completely of all objects before placing the region for sale.

(7) The Chancellor can confer the responsibility of clearing the region on a CDS estate manager[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Instructions to Chancellor to clear sim for sale.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](8) At the Chancellor’s direction, Rudeen must place the region up for sale in the For Sale By Owner group. The Chancellor is responsible for writing up the text for the sales notice and for giving it to Rudeen.

[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Delegates responsibilities for getting the sim sold.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](9) Money from the sale of the region shall remain in the general CDS account (Rudeen).[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]Designates where how money from the sale is distributed.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td](10) Neufriedstadt is excluded from this act. Given the history of the region and the significance to CDS, Neufreidtadt will remain until it is no longer able to pay for itself or SL service ends.
[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]NFS excluded from this Act.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]If the region meeting the criteria as laid out in section one of this act is one of the grandfathered sims: Neufreistadt, Colonia Nova or Monastery then an extra-ordinary session of the RA will be convened to decide which sim is to be sold.[/td]
[td]n/a[/td]
[td]How to handle grandfathered sims so as to preserve the financial discount.[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: CDSL 24-01 discussion outcomes table...pending...

Post by Sudane Erato »

I have a couple of thoughts and comments about these proposals. In general, I feel its a great idea to plan for these possibilities, so there is not fear and confusion when such a difficult proposition happens. But there are always details....

1) The last section of Bagheera's table mentions grandfathering, which is special lower monthly rates which we pay for our sims. People should know that ALL six of our sims are in the "grandfathered category" (which we arrived at by various routes, but which nonetheless are all the same now). We have two homesteads and 4 full regions. Because they're all in this same category, I suspect that the considerations of this section really don't apply.

2) One topic which has never been mentioned in the many months over which we've discussed this subject is the issue of sim placement. We are now 6 sims in a compact 2x3 arrangement, and a divestiture of one or more will have a profound impact on the appearance of our community space. First, it needs to be said that any sale of a sim to another party MUST be accompanied by the re-location of that sim away from our land grouping. Second, moving a sim away from our land grouping really must be accompanied by careful planning of how we will compensate for the gap which remains.

Since Neufreistadt is not a sim which can be sold under this proposal, the simplest sims to sell from the point of view of "re-grouping" would be LA and CN. If we lop off the two northern-most sims, we still have a 4-sim self-contained unit, which is of course all we can hope for. But... perhaps other considerations (for example, LA is turning out to be relatively profitable) might require that different sims be sold. If so, how to we arrange what we have left?

I know this doesn't sound like an economics question. But consideration of what our community will look like, which has a HUGE impact on what newcomers might think about us. Those of us who work on keeping the place looking neat and "immersive" will surely hope that this kind of consideration goes into planning for this difficult possibility.

Sudane..........................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: CDSL 24-01 discussion outcomes table...pending...

Post by Rosie Gray »

Another possibility that we haven't talked about, would be to downgrade a region, if it is not performing. Locus Amoenus and Colonia Nova are both full regions that could be downgraded to homesteads if it was necessary. It would of course mean redeveloping to a simpler design.

I agree with Sudane's comments about the problems of removing one of the regions and leaving a gap as being something we truly do not want to happen. Also that any region sold would absolutely have to be moved away from us.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”