A Fish[ing Village] not called Wanda ...

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Laura Azalee
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Re: A Fish[ing Village] not called Wanda ...

Post by Laura Azalee » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:40 am

Sorry I am far too late but i didnt see this before! Pip asked me time ago as he wanted to call it Stella and I suggested Stella Marina (starfish) which would sound good - many villages/towns have the word Marina. I thought he would suggest that with the LUC but he must have forgotten... :(
Please not La Speranza - it sort of sounds silly in Italian.A really ugly name...sorry. Nobody would call a town like that- And not a real village like leuca or viareggio - this is an imaginary village.
if it has to be hope (which I really dont like anyway) let it be the spanish word Esperanza at least - sounds better. Please.

Laura Azalee
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Laura Azalee » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 pm

At last I have figured out what La Speranza makes me think of. A charity hostel for the homeless run by nuns.
Seriously. Please reconsider.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 pm

We will have to discuss what you've said, Laura. If it sounds too silly to an Italian speaker, then I think we need to pay attention.
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." ~ Socrates

Laura Azalee
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Laura Azalee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:50 am

Thank you Rosie. I was appalled when I saw that name. Sorry for not seeing that before, but I did think that someone would have asked the only Italian speaker you have at CDS before going ahead. Which nobody did - apart from Pip long ago, but then he seems to have forgotten/ignored what I said. I confess I did feel a bit hurt about it.
Wanda is a bit of a silly name too but at least there is a fun joke behnd it, which is nice. I still do think that Stella Marina would be a gorgeous name for it, but oh well. At this point anything that does not sound like a charity hostel for the homeless (could also be for abused children and/or single mothers LOL) will do.

Laura Azalee
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Laura Azalee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:53 am

it just occurred to me... how about choosing a few names and having a poll?

Sylvia Tamalyn
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:46 am

I would like to see the LUC's discussion of this matter. Hopefully the March 3 transcript will appear soon.
Live every day like it's Taco Tuesday!

Return to “General Discussion”