Notes from the Inaugural/Merger Ball

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Notes from the Inaugural/Merger Ball

Post by Rose Springvale »

Thanks to everyone who came to the ball on Sunday; i hope you all had a great time. As many of you were not able to attend, i've gotten permission to repost the Chancellors speech and also have some of the notes sent to CDS during the Ball. There were more, but i don't yet have copies of them.
Chancellor Jamie Palisades' August 9,2009 speech:

Thanks all, and welcome. As we usually do within the government here, this is a text comment. Unusually for gov't. hopefully a brief one. Everyone I know -- on all sides -- is delighted to see the successful merger of our two communities full of creative people and really stellar architecture and surroundings :) so ...
please do continue to help us make it better, in the way that only a citizen-owned project can …and before i close -- yes, we're there already --
thanks especially to our irreplaceable creative force and dual citizen Rose Springvale without whom, literally, ...Al Andalus would not have prospered, this merger would not have happened, and -- well, we'd not have a party :D

Congratulations to the New Confederation

To the honourable governments and citizens of the Confederation of Democratic Sims and Al Andalus - as the ruler of a confederation of independent states myself, I understand the challenges you faced and the great success you have achieved in this joining of your great lands. Congratulations and many happy years in your new unity.

Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, Europa

Telegram to the CDS/Al Andalus Union from the Gunbunnies

From CronoCloud Creeggan Commanding Colonel of the Caledon Gunbunnies

We, the Gunbunnies wish to congratulate the CDS and Al Andalus on their Union and wish them and their people success and happyness Now and in the Future

Always at your Service
Colonel CronoCloud Creeggan

To the CDS from the City of Steelhead = Steeltopian Empire
On behalf of the Lady of Steelhead, Katt Severine and the Managers Tensai Hilra and TotalLunar Eclipse; and on behalf of the Emperor of Steeltopia, SteelCobra Calamari, we would like to congratulate the C.D.S. and Al Andalus for their successful merger. As Steelhead adds a new sim, Shanghai, to our lands, and faces those challenges, finding one's land doubled is an even greater challenge. We are sure that the people of this new confederation are up to these challenges.

Klaus Wulfenbach
Steelhead Ambassador and representative for the Steeltopian Empire

if anyone has any pics, please send them... mine are little more than afterthoughts, but two pros didn't get any, so no complaints :)

Attachments
mergerball4.jpg
Dancing in the Plaza
Dancing in the Plaza
Gathering in the Opera.
Gathering in the Opera.
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Notes from the Inaugural/Merger Ball

Post by Sonja Strom »

Thank you Rose and everybody involved for the great party. :D