The Duties of the Scientific Council SAFE FORUMS

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

The Duties of the Scientific Council SAFE FORUMS

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

I am making this post because as a member of the 20th RA it has come to my attention that there are citizens who read the forums but are afraid to post here because they might be attacked if they do. It is crucial that we as a community make an effort to be factual in our responses, and respond to issues not persons. Saying you disagree with something is different than calling people names and mischaracterizing them. The SC has a duty to protect us as citizens in world and on the forums and in my experience, they do not do either.

The Scientific Council is an integral component of the C.D.S. democracy. Members of this body are responsible for ensuring that the actions of the C.D.S. government, as well as citizens and non-citizens alike do not violate the C.D.S. Constitution, the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, or our founding philosophies. As part of this responsibility, the Scientific Council is responsible for moderating the C.D.S. forums to ensure conversations remain civil and avoid libelous or overtly inflammatory statements.

This comes from the statement of the SC on this site

The way I read the above, the SC has a duty to make sure that these forums have only :
CIVIL CONVERSATIONS
NO LIBEL
NO OVERTLY INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS

FYI......on a personal note. I have asked to have the Libelous statements about me removed and was told no by the SC. For anyone reading these forums, know that many statements about me are false and attempts to have them removed were denied by the SC I just stopped trying to get them removed and also stopped defending myself against these people who continued to state false things about me.

LIBEL: 2
a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression

Dear Fellow Citizens.
Know that your rights to be protected on these forums may be denied, I do not know if this is a complete hands off policy that protects no one or if it is depending on ones political affiliations or biases by the members of the current SC. I only know for sure my experiences with this SC is they do not protect me or anyone affiliated with me, but seem to do so for those affiliated with themselves. This is just my observation.

The SC has failed in my opinion protect me and others as is their legal duty. Be aware that you could be in the same boat if you post on these forums. Hopefully this will be discussed and changed. Forum posting should not only be for the VERY BRAVE. You should expect that your ideas will be challenged, but not that your person and who you are will be attacked and misrepresented.

As a member of the 20th RA I request that the SC make a statement to the community about what is allowed and not allowed on these forums and how the citizens will be protected by them as is their duty.

As part of this responsibility, the Scientific Council is responsible for moderating the C.D.S. forums to ensure conversations remain civil and avoid libelous or overtly inflammatory statements.

Cleo
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: The Duties of the Scientific Council SAFE FORUMS

Post by Cadence Theas »

In any other virtual social format, the original posting that opens this topic would be called trolling.

It is hard to believe that CDS is so full of corruption that virtually ever aspect, previous chancellors, the current SC, previous RAs, have all proven to be inept, deficient, or otherwise unfit for office.

I think these sorts of posting should not be presented in the forum unless there is hard documentary evidence, otherwise, they just feed the frenzy of rumor mongering which for some people passes as responsible politics.

We should request that trolling be reserved for under the bridges in CN an LA.

Still frustrated,

Cadence

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I completely agree with Cadence. Using these forums to try and stir up arguements is irresponsible and prejudicial. I've had enough of it too.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

Cleo, with whatever due respect, if we started policing these forums to ban anyone who made people feel uncomfortable, you'd be first. If I posted more often, I'd probably be second.

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Cleo, I refuse to take IMs from you as you use them to slander people. You then hide behind TOS to prevent people from exposing what you say. You've done that at least since the first hour we met. If there's any danger to people from 'mischaracterisation' it's from you.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Garnet Psaltery wrote:

Cleo, I refuse to take IMs from you as you use them to slander people. You then hide behind TOS to prevent people from exposing what you say. You've done that at least since the first hour we met. If there's any danger to people from 'mischaracterisation' it's from you.

Cleo has done that to me on more than one occasion also. I post this here so that those newer to the CDS will see that it is more than just a few people that have had this experience of her deceit.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Garnet Psaltery wrote:

Me too. It's been her m.o. since she came here as ThePrincess Parisi six (seven?) years ago.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

Are we doing a hands up? ... ok then me too ... oh I so wish I could print the abuse .. the slander.. the lies ..

Other than that ... nice try Cleo .. it's you saying that new people are scared to post .. by linking them with you .. I can only speak for myself .. having been a close friend of yours in the past, I bear none of your new friends any malice whatsoever.. and am more than happy to hear their opinions ... I know nothing of their histories so have nothing to prejudge them on ... and sorry but being your friend is not enough to change that ..

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..

Return to “General Discussion”