When you see a Linden...

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

When you see a Linden...

Post by Victor1 »

...especially if they are hanging around your building for a long time... you know somethings gonna happen.

https://secondlife.com/destination/tuscan-order

Linden Lab added my build to the Destination Guide this morning. Expect a spike in traffic in and around the Tuscan Order building for the next few weeks. As I said... most of the buildings i make eventually end up in the Destination Guide, and even though Lia asked the Lab to remove this when she heard that the Lab was gonna add it (since she doesn't want newcomers embroiled in the petty political bickering and backstabbing that goes on day by day within CDS) the lab seen my name attached to the building and added it anyway.

I have all but washed my hands of the "government"... if you lot screw this opportunity up, its on your own heads and not mine.

As for the listing, the wording was done by one of the editors...yes...that means that The Lab already knew LA was on the cards for redevelopment. As I said to some folks in CDS already, while certain members of the "government" are playing power games...the Lab is watching. Keep bickering and power playing, you are simply shooting yourselves in the foot.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: When you see a Linden...

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Good to be on the Destination Guide again. I like the build, I've been eyeing up the textures and use of materials and fingering your bookcases...

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Pip Torok »

Victor1 wrote:

...especially if they are hanging around your building for a long time... you know somethings gonna happen.

https://secondlife.com/destination/tuscan-order

Linden Lab added my build to the Destination Guide this morning. Expect a spike in traffic in and around the Tuscan Order building for the next few weeks. As I said... most of the buildings i make eventually end up in the Destination Guide, and even though Lia asked the Lab to remove this when she heard that the Lab was gonna add it (since she doesn't want newcomers embroiled in the petty political bickering and backstabbing that goes on day by day within CDS) the lab seen my name attached to the building and added it anyway.

I have all but washed my hands of the "government"... if you lot screw this opportunity up, its on your own heads and not mine.

As for the listing, the wording was done by one of the editors...yes...that means that The Lab already knew LA was on the cards for redevelopment. As I said to some folks in CDS already, while certain members of the "government" are playing power games...the Lab is watching. Keep bickering and power playing, you are simply shooting yourselves in the foot.

Hi Vic,

I can well understand your exasperation.

Pretty well every member of our government can lay hand on heart, and say that CDS is their passion. During the election, one candidate actually did say that, out loud, and has since been elected to the government.

But then just simply saying that isn't enough. It could mean :

-- My passion is maintaining the eminence of whatever place I currently hold within the CDS ...

-- My passion is carrying-out the wishes of the citizens of the CDS, having enquired as to what they might be ...

-- My passion is enhancing and encouraging the community of people that makes up the CDS ...

-- My passion is promoting the growth of democracy within Second Life ...

Four very different interpretations, as you see. Most bickering and power-playing stem from these differences.

A useful exercise for future voters is to look carefully at each member of the present government, then to ask themselves "Which of these four definitions does she/he espouse by actions rather than by assertions?"

At our next election, when they and/or fresh candidates present themselves, they'll then know who to support, and why ...

BASE WORDS ARE UTTERED
---------------------------------
W.H.Auden

Base words are uttered only by the base
And can for such at once be understood,
But noble platitudes -- ah, there's a case
Where the most careful scrutiny is needed
To tell a voice that's genuinely good
From one that's base but merely has succeeded

--oOo--

Pip Torok

Last edited by Pip Torok on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Victor1 wrote:

Vic, I too can understand your frustration with the length of time it takes anything to be accomplished, as I felt it as keenly as you when I first arrived in the CDS - and feel it still. However, as a current member of the 'government', I would like to point out that I most certainly am not power-playing. I lay my cards on the table in a forthright way, keep on topic, and do my best not to engage in squabbling. I have no hidden agenda, and am doing my best to accomplish what citizens have indicated to me personally are their preferences, what was discussed in the meetings and surveys that were held regarding LA, and my own experience and judgment.

Your build is very nice and should serve as a good example for LA citizens within the new Tuscan theme.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Vic - congratulations on the (well-deserved) recognition and I, for one, feel honored still to have you as a citizen - even if you have your doubts. I am hoping and working hard - as I believe my government colleagues are as well - to win back your trust. Ultimately, one goal for SL is to have pleasure here. Feel free to come see my mock up for a fishing village idea. Another pleasure in SL is collaboration with highly creative people :) I hope you stay.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon

Return to “General Discussion”