Chronicles Redux

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Danton Sideways
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Chronicles Redux

Post by Danton Sideways »

I’m back – sort of. I doubt you’ll be seeing much of me in-world. I did have a nice discussion the other day with Soro and Shep in Colonia Nova, but my visits are still rare.

Yet I’ve taken back up my personal CDS history project. The latest article takes a closer look at the end of the merger with Al Andalus, way back in 2010. The post is here:

http://dantonsideways.blogspot.fr/2014/ ... art-1.html

It’s a mystery even to me why I do this. When I think of CDS I start writing long detailed accounts of past events. Second Lifers are said to fall into categories: there are builders, creators, organizers, merchants, homemakers, lovers, fashion victims, travelers, warriors, performers, bloggers and more (and combinations of these). I seem to be mostly some kind of blogger.

This time around I hope to alternate between continuing the historical narrative, and summarizing current events - to try to pull myself into the present. If all goes well my next production will be an account of the first few months of the 20th RA.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Chronicles Redux

Post by Rosie Gray »

Hello Danton! I look forward to meeting you sometime, on one of your rare visits in-world :)

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

Hi Danton,

I'm delighted to see you back! Sorry I missed you inworld.

Delia

Danton Sideways
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Well here it is. I finally managed to write a post that could be considered "CDS News" instead of "CDS History":

http://dantonsideways.blogspot.fr/2014/ ... art-1.html

As "news" it's a bit old already: the post covers the events of last October and December. I wanted to start from the beginning of the 20th RA, which means starting with the election period. The challenge now will be to keep up the momentum, and to produce a subsequent article that comes right up to the present (or almost).

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Thank you for that, Danton. There's just one thing I need to mention. I did not know you would refer to my pictures in Flickr or I could have warned you that they are not currently available. I have withdrawn all pictures of CDS except for my own builds and the Tuscan Order until the poison is drained from CDS. I don't think I need to spell out the name of the poison.

Danton Sideways
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

And thank you, Garnet - at least someone has read my post! I removed the mention of your photos, and the link. As for the poison: the difficulty - and the wonder - of CDS is that it is an ungated community. The range of opinions and values, and the energy and methods with which they are defended, is about the same as in the real world. That CDS should so faithfully reflect contemporary society is all to its credit.

I'll take this opportunity to link to my second installment of CDS news: http://dantonsideways.blogspot.fr/2014/ ... art-2.html

I don't know how long I can keep this up. I forgot how much time it takes. In order to keep going I may have to reduce these posts to a bare minimum.

Danton Sideways
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Here is my report on the month of January 2014 in CDS:

http://dantonsideways.blogspot.fr/2014/ ... art-3.html

I'm a little over a month behind on the news. And it seems unlikely I'll be able to keep this up for very long. But for the moment I'm finding it amusing enough to go on.

Danton Sideways
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

I'm still running a month behind the events - but I'm still running. Here is February:

http://dantonsideways.blogspot.fr/2014/ ... art-4.html

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Your work is appreciated, thank you.

Lady observer
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Lady observer »