Tuscan Order Restaurant

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Tuscan Order Restaurant

Post by Victor1 »

It was Lia's idea to actually put the building to use since it's now in the destination guide.

It will act as a spill over restaurant for Brunel Hall, one of three spill over restaurants for couples wanting a more quieter "romantic" time together. Some of the hall's restaurant tables have been copied over, including the new food rezzing system. The bar will be installed later in the week and then the restaurant will be advertised via the main Brunel Hall group.

It also gives me an excuse to actually start holding events and parties at the place. If me and Lia is gonna be locked to the parcel cause of the destination guide, we may as well make use of the place.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Tuscan Order Restaurant

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

I look forward to fresh fish as the new fishing village will be nearby. :)

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Vic. Welcome ! So glad you have decided to settle in and put down roots with us. What a fabulous idea the restaurant is. Best wishes with your new endeavor. Doing events that will bring more visitors to cds is always a delight and a great way to bring new citizens to cds. Will you please post the menu so we can all see what wonderful culinary treats you will be serving. Cleo

Cleo
AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by AbbyRose »

Fabulous idea Vic and Lia. :D

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

This is great! It's been much too long since I've been to an authentic Tuscan restaurant. I don't know where you are getting your wine but in case you didn't know, Tor has had a vineyard in LA for a number of years now so he must have some pretty good vintages by now. I've got sheep cheese...but it's a bit Bavarian due to the difference in grasses between LA and NFS. :D

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I'm not sure who is utilizing the wild olive trees that can be found locally, but I expect some Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the Locus Amoenus groves would be quite nice! :D

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Vic.. I really appreciate the restaurant you have put up in Locus. Nice LM giver to your place in New Babbage too. Lovely. No worries or problems with that, feel free.

I do though have a question. From what I know of TOS, encouraging others to break tos , is indeed itself a breach of TOS> so I believe this sign you have both inside and outside of your establishment do just that and I would like to suggest kindly you consider changing the wording of your sign so as not to Breach TOS.

Your sign says this :

" PLEASE NOTE THAT VIC MORNINGTON OR LIA VENRA ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE POLITICS OF CDS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.
ANY "REPRESENTATIVES" OF THE CDS WHO CONTACT YOU CLAIMING THAT WE ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM IN THE POLITICS OF CDS
SHOULD BE REPORTED TO EITHER LIA V OR VIC MORNINGTON ALONG WITH A SCREENSHOT OF THE CONVERSATION"

Now, first of all I would argue that the statement on the sign is false in that you, Vic, have engaged in the politics of CDS certainly, as evidenced by your posts here and attending political meetings, etc. But that is my opinion nothing else. And personally, I am glad to have you as a citizen of CDS and happy you participate in our politics. But, I am concerned with a destination guide listing that has a sign up that breaches TOS. Asking a resident of secondlife to share conversation is asking them to violate TOS which makes your sign violate tos.

TOS reads, : 4.Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

Obviously asking a resident who uses Linden Labs Destination guide services to breach ToS by sharing conversation logs via screenshot is asking that secondlife resident to violate TOS>

Which is a violation of TOS. It comes under the category of Harrassment . Solicitation/ Inciting others to Violoate TOS.

Please act quickly madam Chancellor and Scientific Counsel. LL AR already filed.

Cleo
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Vic.. I really appreciate the restaurant you have put up in Locus. Nice LM giver to your place in New Babbage too. Lovely. No worries or problems with that, feel free.

I do though have a question. From what I know of TOS, encouraging others to break tos , is indeed itself a breach of TOS> so I believe this sign you have both inside and outside of your establishment do just that and I would like to suggest kindly you consider changing the wording of your sign so as not to Breach TOS.

Your sign says this :

" PLEASE NOTE THAT VIC MORNINGTON OR LIA VENRA ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE POLITICS OF CDS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.
ANY "REPRESENTATIVES" OF THE CDS WHO CONTACT YOU CLAIMING THAT WE ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM IN THE POLITICS OF CDS
SHOULD BE REPORTED TO EITHER LIA V OR VIC MORNINGTON ALONG WITH A SCREENSHOT OF THE CONVERSATION"

Now, first of all I would argue that the statement on the sign is false in that you, Vic, have engaged in the politics of CDS certainly, as evidenced by your posts here and attending political meetings, etc. But that is my opinion nothing else. And personally, I am glad to have you as a citizen of CDS and happy you participate in our politics. But, I am concerned with a destination guide listing that has a sign up that breaches TOS. Asking a resident of secondlife to share conversation is asking them to violate TOS which makes your sign violate tos.

TOS reads, : 4.Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

Obviously asking a resident who uses Linden Labs Destination guide services to breach ToS by sharing conversation logs via screenshot is asking that secondlife resident to violate TOS>

Which is a violation of TOS. It comes under the category of Harrassment . Solicitation/ Inciting others to Violoate TOS.

Please act quickly madam Chancellor and Scientific Counsel. LL AR already filed.

The Lindens can police their own TOS so they can investigate your AR. I interpret Vic's email to mean that when some lying, backstabbing manipulator attacks them to third parties behind their backs, Vic and Lia would appreciate notice of it and of who is making the attack. A screenshot simply confirms that the conversation took place. They have not asked for conversation logs to be shared - which would be a contravention of the TOS but, in any case, is for LL to deal with.

Many of us find we need to find ways to defend ourselves against the paranoid wilful misinterpretations of everything we have ever said or done by those who are more interested in creating 'drama' than in the interests of the CDS. This is the kind of nonsense carried out by an elected representative no less regarding the LA remodel which has served to guarantee that nothing will get done and, most likely, we will have to close the sim at some point in the near future.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

I took the sign to mean that Vic and Lia were not part of the RA or other official body, and are not to be blamed for or associated with the shenanigans we are experiencing. Patroklus, you have said so well what I might have said.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Pat you said this ...

"Many of us find we need to find ways to defend ourselves against the paranoid wilful misinterpretations of everything we have ever said or done by those who are more interested in creating 'drama' than in the interests of the CDS. This is the kind of nonsense carried out by an elected representative no less regarding the LA remodel which has served to guarantee that nothing will get done and, most likely, we will have to close the sim at some point in the near future." Patrokolus

As far as I can tell, the L A sim is already revivitalized, it is populated to capacity and will be renovated very soon. I can't imagine how or why we would need to sell it at the moment. Especially with the other four sims full ! That is something to celebrate ! Bagheera held a wonderfulTown Hall meeting last week that was quite informative and made sure that L A will survive.

Regarding Vic's poster, I have consulted with several other elected offcials and none of them thought the sign was appropriate or helpful in any way. Maybe we agree to disagree on that.

CDS is now in a wonderful state of financial strength, we have no parcels for sale , operating in the black not the red of the past. Tiers are not being threatened to be raised. There have been many wonderful events and more to come ! The sense of community is beautiful inworld in CDS! Spend more time with us and enjoy the diversity of all sorts that CDS has to offer. If all of us had just one mind and not diverse thoughts and ideas and opinions, how fun would that be?

Prayers for peace and comfort go out to you Pat. :) relax and enjoy our wonderful community.

Cleo

Cleo
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Vic,

Thank you so very much for changing the sign in your Destination Guide build, .. the new sign is done in very good taste IMHO !

Much appreciated.

Again, Best wishes on your endeavor.

Cleo

Cleo
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Vic, I am really glad to see this! I have this vision of making LA a place that creates a reaction by a visitor of "oh, I want that".. a tiny bit of lust. Your place does that and sets an inspiring standard. Thank you.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Thank heaven we are not building any whited sepulchres within our walls.

Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

words

Don't quote the LL tos to me, i know it mostly word for word.

The LL TOS does NOT apply to Destination Guide Listings, parcels (and regions) which are featured in the Destination Guide fall under the DG Guidelines which take precedence over the TOS. Anyway, mute point, Lia reworded the sign slightly and brought it "in theme" as a poster instead of a black prim with white words.

Also, Destination Guide listed places are basically "Linden Lab Approved" areas for newbies to go to. If the Lab caught even one single hint of a Destination Guide listed place being used for internal powerplay they will immediately and without warning instantly ban said person causing problems. I've seen it happen several times in the 3 other Destination Guide listed places I have. Tuscan Order is now the 4th building i have in the Destination Guide, and I have already told B. Linden and the Destination Guide team to HEAVILY police that listing, which is why some of you have remarked to me about how many Linden Lab employees you have see recently in and around Tuscan Order and LA.

I'm not pissing about anymore, its my name on that listing and I intend to protect my name.

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

Victor, All of this discussion is making me very sad and concerned. And although we are within the jurisdictional limits of LL, I think it particularly worrisome that you have called for the paramilitary presence of LL banners to CDS. CDS is autonomous and it should not be the case that one property in CDS follows one set of norms, and the rest another and lesser set of norms. But with the paramilitary presence of LL in your building, I technically cannot mention or talk about the RA, the Chancellor, the SC or any other issue about CDS while on your premises. This simple act of finding a different privilege and rubbing in our faces is not worthy of CDS nor representative of a democracy.

Return to “General Discussion”