CDS featured on SLTV program

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

CDS featured on SLTV program

Post by Bagheera »

I am sad to say I missed them, but luckily, others were inworld to greet the Japanese television crew from SLTV who shot a live hour-long broadcast featuring CDS.

My thanks to Vic who told me they had come, and to Cleo who gave me the link to the program:

I wrote them a notecard back and had it machine translated into Japanese - hopefully I haven't offered them Jupiterean lobsters with mango chutney but instead have successfully managed to let them know how pleased and honored CDS is about this.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Nolligan
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Re: CDS featured on SLTV program

Post by Nolligan »

I chatted with the film crew as they were setting up and welcomed them to the CDS. They seemed very nice and friendly and gave me a rough outline of what they were doing. They also gave me a URL but I couldn't get it to load (probably blocked here in China) - was anyone else able to view their programme?

'So long and thanks for all the fish'
Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

Yeah their lead programmer came in via the destination guide for Tuscan Order, spent a good 30 minutes chatting with him, took about 10 minutes to explain to him that i wasnt the sim owner :D

Still, the translation object he was using was actually dang good.

Thats the 2nd film crew to land in Lia and my restaurant since it got added, theres been at least 3 SL Magazine reporters who have dropped in as well, i've told at least two of them not to do an article on L itself until after the revamp of the sim, but the rest of CDS can be featured. It's pointless getting a magazine to do an article on a region if that region is about to change its look, by the time the magazine comes out, the article is already outdated.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I posted a link to the video on my Facebook page and on the CDS Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/SLCDS?ref=hl If anyone has Facebook and hasn't linked to the CDS page yet, I'd encourage you to!

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”