Ban Lines?

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Ban Lines?

Post by AbbyRose »

I took a walk down the street at Locus tonight and saw ban lines around Garnet's place next to Vic's. I did walk into the courtyard and was bounced. I have NEVER done anything in Second Life to get banned from anyplace, let alone a neighbor's place at CDS. There are ban lines? I have never been mean to anyone, nor do I deserve that. Yesterday, while at my shop, a furry person came in and was looking for the restaurant. I walked her down the sidewalk to Vic's place. (I could have taken her to mine, but figured she had tpd from a link. I walked her to the front door. We did NOT talk politics. I was being a kind person, helping another.)
I do have things that I do and can share with the community. We have a Bath, Skating Rink, Bowling, Game tables. All are welcome.
I will NOT tolerate anyone being mean to me or another for no reason. If someone wants to put up ban lines, move to mainland. CDS is a community of people working together for the betterment of CDS.
Garnet, I don't know you. I do know that you yelled at me the first time introduced myself to you and I was taken back by it. I have extended friendship since. You have no reason to be mean to me. I have never done anything to warrant it.
Tandra, Molly, and I came here, a new community and brought what we knew how to do and had parties to bring people together in friendship. We all had fun together and made us closer to everyone.
Why do a few people.....and I have been here long enough wide eyes wide open...(and it is NOT Cleo)...There are a handful of people out of over 70 plus that want to be mean, be disruptive in meetings, set fires, and put up ban lines? You could stand in the sunshine and if others are standing with you, you'd claim it was raining.....It do NOT make sense to me.

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Ban Lines?

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Abby, I already apologised for your being caught in the crossfire when I was angry at Cleo, the first time I met you. I also said in group chat, in your hearing, when you brought that up again, that I'm not going to apologise twice, and that I expected you to accept the apology like an adult. I can't say I remember your being a friend to me. Obviously we have different views of the same events. I'm not going to justify the lines. Please stay out of my mail-box, you sound drunk. That is all.

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by AbbyRose »

I walked down the street in Locus and found ban lines at your place, for no reason. I have NEVER done anything wrong at SL, let alone at CDS. I believe in giving back to the community, and have. You never apologize. You put up private ban lines? What is being hidden here that new people become threats?

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

*shakes head* You don't listen. I'm done.

Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Pip Torok »

AbbyRose, Garnet,

I speak as a fellow-victim of ban-lines, also (I hope) as someone who has the ear of you both.

Can I suggest :

-- that whoever put-up recent ban-lines put them down as speedily as possible? They inflame situations.

-- that you email me, instead of the other party with whatever comes to mind?

-- that you discontinue the public show here and now?

I would do my best to sort out any miscommunication, problem or hassle that may have occurred.

Pip Torok

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Pip, I already said I'm done with this thread. You are continuing it. It is my choice whether to have ban lines or not. Now, if you wish, we can talk elsewhere.

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by AbbyRose »

Pip, Garnet is done because she "hits and runs"...."hits and hides".....anything for attention. So sad some want to be mean and fight rather then be friends and have fun. So be it. Eat my dust while I race my bike from Alpine to the beach.....

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

Refresher and reminder to all citizens regarding the CDS Covenants:
http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/cds- ... convenant/

General CDS Covenants (These covenants apply to all CDS sims)
SCRIPTS AND PARTICLES
4. Private security scripts must only be used above 512m. They must not range beyond the owner’s parcel borders and must give intruders a 30-second warning prior to ejection.
5. Ban lines are not permitted. Parcels must be set for public access on the access tab of About Land. As a land owner you are allowed to ban individual avatars from entering your land, but please do not ban all. Use courtesy and common sense.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Delia Lake wrote:

As a land owner you are allowed to ban individual avatars from entering your land

Precisely. I have a few individual ban lines. They're my business and my right. I'm doing nothing wrong here. If SL gave me the ability to set them without making the names visible to people inspecting the land (and who does that, by the way?) then I'd use that ability. The parties concerned are just proving why I have them.

I'm just going to repeat this for the hard of understanding:- I'M DOING NOTHING WRONG HERE

Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

What follows is a message from Lia, she doesn't have an account here but with her permission I'm posting it here...word for word.

As someone new to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and someone who has had little to no contact with anyone apart from passing "hellos" to people like Tor, i have found it more and more incredulous that people in this forum can sprout such nonsensical waffle about "being friends and having fun". It has been the same people time and time again who have tried to paint me and vic in a bad light, never doing it directly infront of us, only doing it well outside of chat range. Well, it ends now. I got word yesterday that for the THIRD time in two weeks, visitors to the Tuscan Order have been harassed. The Lab have been made aware of what is happening.

As for Abby's comments which started this post, yes Abby, you have been mean. Apart from the fact you don't seem to care about the harassment I have been receiving, you had the sheer audacity to word your post about the Destination Guide is a lie on Vic's part? Namely this post here... http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... =15#p21461 Yes there is a form, no Vic did not apply, myself and Vic was ready to drop the parcel but then we got a message from one of our friends saying that The Tuscan Order was added. The other Destinations Vic has in the guide was also added by the Lab.

Brunel Hall Hotel - https://secondlife.com/destination/haunting-brunel-hall not been updated to reflect the end of Halloween, no form sent.

Zenobia Time Station - https://secondlife.com/destination/zenobia-time-station added by the lab, no form sent, lab got original destination wrong and took 2 months to fix it.

Not to worry though Abby, apparently Vic and now me are collectively blowing smoke up your butt. As for the Japanese film crew, they did come into CDS via the Tuscan Order's Destination Guide, Vic did not contact them, he came across one of their reporters after that reporter teleported directly into the Order and landed on the spot the Destination Guide lands people at, why do I know? Because i was there for the tail end of the conversation and as Vic had mentioned in CDS group chat they was using local chat translators, they mistook Vic as the sim owner, and he had to spend 10 whole minutes explaining that he wasn't, and that they should chat to Baghera, why do you think they filmed for so long inside the Tuscan Order building even though at that point in time the building itself wasn't even finished on the inside, also, if Vic had actually contacted them don't you think he would have sent them to Brunel Hall Hotel which is a FAR better building than Vic''s rush build of the original Tuscan Order building (which by the way Vic doesn't even LIKE the Tuscan Order building)? SHAME on you for coming in here and acting innocent Abby, SHAME on you to flat out call Vic a liar for the credit he has received from Linden Lab by the Lab adding those listings and not him, then you have the flat out bald faced cheek to say you are not attacking him? Right, whatever you say. As for the sign you mention? Since the harassment of visitor groups to the Tuscan Order has continued, i have replaced it with one of my own making.

Since I now have the feeling that certain individuals out there are wanting to take credit for any sort of media attention that CDS gets from the Tuscan Order, I have since contacted the remaining two SL magazines, and since last month one Second Life Machinima Guild Film member and told them to cancel the planned features they have been willing to do on the Tuscan Order, the original sign which caused a fuss has been reworded back to something close to the original and I will be putting a note in the parcel description for any SL media interests to contact me directly so I can pass them on to Brunel Hall Hotel's restaurant. I will NOT be party to advertising a set of regions where abuse of individuals is allowed to be carried out with seeming impunity. From here on in, i will be limiting my contact with people within CDS to people I already know.

Just as a final word of warning to certain individuals out there. You are no longer dealing with Victor when it comes to the Tuscan Order, you are dealing with me, and some of you are now treading on very, very thin ice.

Liandra Wheeler
AKA - "Lia V" in SL

This is what i get for having this forum bookmarked on Chrome and letting Lia use my PC when she was up visiting today.

I want my forum account here deleted, pointless me posting in here anyway.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

I can't say I blame you, Vic. There's poison running rampant in the system here, spoiling every good effort being made. I suggested the introduction of ostracism. The sooner that becomes law the better, and not limited to one per year! Ask yourselves, citizens, do you want to live in a genuinely thriving environment peopled by adults, or are you happy to let banal idiocy and malice rule?

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

1. As a member of the RA : I would like to know exactly who has been "harassing" visitors to the Tuscan Order Restaurant? Citizens? others? This allegation is serious and it needs to be stopped immediately. We do have an SC and they will be able to handle any such problems that are so serious as you state, Lia.

NO ONE should be harassing ANY visitors to the CDS, not ever. Please report each violation to the SC.

2. Thank you very much Vic for setting out the mesh tower you made for LA. Quite generous of you, indeed.

3. Anyone who wishes to have Ban Lines again discussed should bring it up in the next RA meeting during citizen time or I will gladly move that we have a committee set up to discuss this again.

4. Where are we with the conflict resolution committee that was set up by Cadence ? This issue might be one that would be appropriate for that sort of action. I hope we hear a report at the next RA meeting

5. CDS is doing well! December financial statements show we are covering our tiers even with about half of LA locked down still. I look forward to seeing January's. CDS has a wonderful community of wonderful people. Vibrant and fun ! GROWING !... STABLE !... STRONG!

6. Thank you Lia for attending the town hall meeting we had for the upcoming CDS ART Festival 2014. It was nice to have you there, thanks for participating with your presence at the meeting.

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

The SC can't as it stands get rid of you, Cleo. Do you really think it's that effective?

"NO ONE should be harassing ANY visitors to the CDS, not ever.". Please, my sides are killing me.

So, your next game plan is to nudge one of your stooges into raising the matter of ban lines - bearing in mind that I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG HERE - then try to get the weight of a conflict resolution committee to bear on what was simply a matter of me using the powers legally allowed me in CDS to defend my property and visitors from malicious individuals, in the vain hope of getting me banned. Remember also that I wasn't the one raising the matter in public and in this forum. I tried to call a halt to it but no, it goes on and on.

Is that your game plan, then? Dream on, Cleo.

Oh and I'm sure Vic and Lia will be madly grateful for your thanks. Don't try to use her name to boost your arts festival. She can speak for herself - and I'll gladly relay any thoughts she has here, if Vic isn't around to do so - but I don't believe for a minute she was there to support you.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Garnet,

Your statements seem so angry and defensive to me. :( I see a wonderful place when I look at CDS. A community with a long history and lots of positive aspects, way more good than bad. :D :D :D

I never said you did anything wrong.

I am banned too from your property, but I do not mind. Though, it must be said I also have no clue what I ever did to you. The first time I met you was at Tor's introduction, a few weeks before the election when I, as the chancellor requested, helped you find a parcel. Thereafter, you seemed to be in attack mode toward me. Again ,I have no understanding of why. Ceasar is banned from your property too and he has never met you. He doesn't care either, btw. And you ARE correct, it is your right to ban whoever you please from your property. I turn the ban lines off, and have no reason to visit you, so it doesn't enter my mind or bother me.

I use banlines also. My personal decision is to ban people who have griefed me and attacked me physically or harmed my business. But, if the citizens, want to bring this up in the RA meeting, it is their right to do so, just like it is yours to ban.

Part of living in a democracy is that we have two things, each of us. Rights and Responsibilities. One of our responsibilities is to allow others to exercise their rights.

I am in no way trying to get you banned. Why would I think that you could be banned from CDS for exercising your right to ban individuals from your property? shrugs I have no "stooges". Quite insulting to say that, not to me but to them. I never said that Lia supported me personally, I only thanked her for her attendance at the meeting.

( Garnet. if my mere existence bothers you so much you can mute me inworld, block me on these forums and keep me banned from your parcels. maybe that will make your days better )

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

By golly, Cleo, your ability to whitewash history is breathtaking. Owing to your usual tactic of being obnoxious in private you forestall many attempts to expose you but .. there are ways. Anyone can read this forum and see other people's comments about you. Anyone is welcome to talk to anyone else about you. There will be an interesting dichotomy of opinion.

When I have time I'll collate my particular experiences of your behaviour, including my AR on you for your creepy invasion of my personal space, i.e. my IM inbox, from which I warned you off many times but, heck, what's another person's preference to you? No evidently doesn't mean no to you. Yes, you are banned, and I blocked you after waiting a long time just so I could hear what further slanders you cared to propagate. That began the first day we met when you immediately tried to bias me against the current CDS officials .. meh. I haven't time just now but I shall.

Return to “General Discussion”