An offer to residents of LA

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

An offer to residents of LA

Post by Victor1 »

Since the marketplace has absolutely no buildings at all which will sit in the fishing village plots of the redone LA (most marketplace "Tuscan" builds are for 30x30 or larger plots) I will give my services to returning CDS residents (folks who left CDS, currently have no land, but have decided to return) or new residents (folks who have never owned land) who will buy one of those fishing villiage plots.

The larger "estate parcels" at the back of the region are large enough to accommodate the very sparse Tuscan offerings on the Marketplace but again, if any returning or new residents want me to build them an actual real tuscan house then contact me inworld, name is Victor1st Mornington.

These buildings will be free of charge (I don't charge for custom buildings at all anymore) and will be held over to the land owner copy/mod but no transfer. For new residents who dont know my style of building, you can see it at Locus itself, the Tuscan Order Cafe.

...offer withdrawn due to covenant rules...

Last edited by Victor1 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Re: An offer to residents of LA

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Very nice offer. Thanks

Citizen
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Hello Vic -

Per the RA written and approved covenants (I had nothing to do with creating them), the covenant for the fishing village plots is as follows:

Zone F: (Fishing Village). Mixed commercial and residential, small in scale, restricted to the original buildings (pre-fabs) created for them, or rebuilds as specifically approved by the Chancellor.

Long before I became Chancellor, the concept for the fishing village was to have buildings very controlled in appearance along the same lines as the buildings in the NFS sim (the "fachwerk")...and the buildings were always going to be provided/built custom by the CDS Guild and government and made available to residents free of charge. Whatever the politics may be, as Chancellor, it is my job to uphold that ruling.

Since the Guild chose to not participate in the construction, I have begun to assemble a team of builders around the core of 5 who offered their services. Vic, you were and are always welcome to join that group; this would enable your builds to be in theme with the rest of the village since you would be part of the founding collaboration to set that theme. Otherwise, anyone would be permitted to submit a building for approval in the fishing village with the understanding that it will need to be specifically approved by whichever Chancellor is in office at the time.

Thank you.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

Ok, offer withdrawn then.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Bagheera wrote:

Hello Vic -

Per the RA written and approved covenants (I had nothing to do with creating them), the covenant for the fishing village plots is as follows:

Zone F: (Fishing Village). Mixed commercial and residential, small in scale, restricted to the original buildings (pre-fabs) created for them, or rebuilds as specifically approved by the Chancellor.

Long before I became Chancellor, the concept for the fishing village was to have buildings very controlled in appearance along the same lines as the buildings in the NFS sim (the "fachwerk")...and the buildings were always going to be provided/built custom by the CDS Guild and government and made available to residents free of charge. Whatever the politics may be, as Chancellor, it is my job to uphold that ruling.

Since the Guild chose to not participate in the construction, I have begun to assemble a team of builders around the core of 5 who offered their services. Vic, you were and are always welcome to join that group; this would enable your builds to be in theme with the rest of the village since you would be part of the founding collaboration to set that theme. Otherwise, anyone would be permitted to submit a building for approval in the fishing village with the understanding that it will need to be specifically approved by whichever Chancellor is in office at the time.

Thank you.

Are you kidding me? Vic just made a great offer and you basically tell him to get stuffed!

This is utter madness. You could have contacted Vic in world to see if what he was offering could fit with the vision for the fishing village. Instead you respond in such a jobsworth, "it wasn't me what wrote 'em", ultra-bureaucratic fashion quoting the covenants.

It doesn't even make any sense when you draw the analogy with NFS. The fachwerk in NFS were made by many different people - Sudane, Dianne and Moon immediately spring to mind. There isn't total Soviet-style uniformity; there are diverse builds with common architectural elements. Why can't we have some fishing village builds by Vic and a number of other models made by others? Given the few people you have working on the LA rebuild - having totally alienated the Guild - rejecting the services of a *major*, *respected*, *talented* builder with an SL-wide reputation just seems entirely counter-productive.

The concerns I expressed at the last RA meeting are not going away. Bags: you seem to be systematically alienating everyone who could help with the LA remodel and who you need to make it work. First Rosie and the Guild and now you are treating Vic extremely badly.

There is still time to rescue the remodel but our Chancellor needs to build bridges, not delete them!

Honi soit qui mal y pense
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Vic,
So nice to see you attempting to do things that create a positive impact on CDS and fit in here. I am happy to see your generous offer of helping to build in CDS.

Bagheera Wrote.

I have begun to assemble a team of builders around the core of 5 who offered their services. Vic, you were and are always welcome to join that group; this would enable your builds to be in theme with the rest of the village since you would be part of the founding collaboration to set that theme. Otherwise, anyone would be permitted to submit a building for approval in the fishing village with the understanding that it will need to be specifically approved by whichever Chancellor is in office at the time.

Note the middle of the quote where she says to you " Vic, you were and are always welcome to join that group". Perhaps you will think about the two offers Bagheera extended to you.

Thank you again to everyone who attended the RA meeting on the 15th. It was nice to see so many people working together to make our virtual community a great place to be. While we renovate LA let's also try to work extra hard on trying to build a welcoming and loving, collaborative community.

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

So, Bags, you basically get an obedient crew and people who really could have made LA a showstopper are forced out. Well, visitors will take a look at the north side of the bay, then the south and say "Are we in the same sim here?"

Cleo ... you are as always breathtakingly insincere.

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Garnet, Pat - you know I am not a collared slave, nor am I playing your political pattycakes. I actually am a paying member of this community.

I didn't alienate the Guild, they alienated themselves. The things people thought were me dictating what to do were just me repeating what others had said they wanted to see. If you go back and read the notecard I submitted to the Guild, you'll see I repeatedly say "do what you want"..

I didn't select the group I am working with, they selected themselves by contacting me and offering to help.

Vic didn't offer to help, he decided to make things he liked and then hoped to have them approved afterwards.

I'll approve anything that fits.

I'm the Chancellor you've got, so make the best of it.

Your negative backstabbing is doing more harm than I ever could.

Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

Pat & Garnet, thanks for the support, but the Covenant itself isnt really Bags fault. It was as Bags pointed out brought to pass by the vote of the RA itself. I skipped past most of that new covenant which was brought forward to the 19th RA and i think passed by the 20th RA.

The 20th RA passed it, the guild wrote it. Bags has now went to private citizens with the full backing of the covenant, she has in effect managed to COMPLETELY bypass the Artisans guild ENTIRELY, this will set a precedence for any future chancellor... Rosie, i told you this would happen.

As for Bags reply...

I didn't alienate the Guild, they alienated themselves. The things people thought were me dictating what to do were just me repeating what others had said they wanted to see. If you go back and read the notecard I submitted to the Guild, you'll see I repeatedly say "do what you want"..

You did alienate the guild. The notecard you sent to us was nothing more than a shopping list. You even had the UTTER CHECK to put in the notecard that you wouldn't mind "dictating" what certain builds should look like. What is the Artisans Guild? A group of like minded builders who can collaborate to build an in-theme flowing sim, or a puppet of an overconfident, egotistical Chancellor who has managed to ramrod this LA development down everyones throat? The Guild is supposed to the former... NOT the latter.

Vic didn't offer to help, he decided to make things he liked and then hoped to have them approved afterwards.

Yes, i offered to help. The first version of Verona Bridge which i built in prims you said you "loved" that is why I went on to build the bridge which is out now and the only difference between the first version of that bridge and the current one is the detailing rail work on the second one has curved tops. Then all of a sudden you pull a 180 and say in group chat you didnt like it? Whats wrong Bags, been getting pressure from your new found friends? There was also the Tuscan Port Tower idea, the thread for it is still in this forum, i posted a picture of said tower, you said you liked the idea and the look, i built it in world, you rezzed it... and low and behold...once you got "complaints" about the Verona Bridge (which you "loved") you then decide to ditch the port tower (which you liked). The entire point of the redevelopment of LA was to get the community involved, you have effectivley told the community to go sod to itself and turned into a mini dictator, rough-shodding the Artisans Guild, trampling over its very meaning of being the Guild. You then use the politics of the covenant to find a way to control each and every single aspect of what Locus will look like.

So, i presented two different buildings, BOTH of which you liked, the first of which (the Tuscan Fort) you even said will replace the mini roman temple out in the water, the second of which you liked until you said you received "complaints"...then all of a sudden you stated you didn't like it, the bridge went, then the fort tower went. According to you that's not offering to help? LMAO!

Lia spent a year and a half in Tuscany... i have over 200 photos of Florence and some small fishing village she went to. Tuscan Order is pure "classic" Tuscan and about the only real tuscan themed building there is in Locus. Why do you think the Lab added the building in the first place to the Destination Guide without me even submitting a form? I know whats going to happen, and Garnet is partially right, folks will teleport into the Tuscan Order thinking the design of the sim is going to be classic style Tuscan, and look over the water to see some bastardized version of the Costa Del Sol.

Anyway, its blatantly obvious you neither need, nor want my help. I'll do a George Carlin and simply spectate this trainwreck of a redevelopment headed by an overconfident Chancellor who is in WAY over their head and has managed to alienate a lot builders in CDS, manipulate the Artisans Guild into a corner and then use the politics of the Covenant to privatize and monopolise the rebuilding of Locus.

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Vic - there are quite a few hundred words of mine in that notecard, but you pounce on the phrase "wouldn't mind dictating" and take it out of context. Do you know why I said that phrase? No, you don't. If you read through that notecard again, it is full of "here I did this but feel free to change it". Even the item you are referring to with that "dictating" word in it is followed by absolute largesse to change it however you choose. The reason that word is in there is because Rosie had washed her hands of the project, then come back and instructed me to parcel and terraform the sim and create a notecard of what I needed since the whole LA had been left to me to finish. The notecard was written, as I interpreted Rosie's instructions, so that Guild members could pick and choose whatever they wanted to do and I would have to finish whatever wasn't chosen. I was trying to preserve cohesion to a project which was about to be piecemealed ... but there is no dictating of anything except prim allocations.

If you have ever visited my inworld shop, you know that what the RA and Guild wanted for LA isn't my natural style, any more than it is yours... you gravitate towards Old London Steampunk, I gravitate towards Maxfield Parrish with a twist of Japanese Ukiyo-e. I never wanted to design any part of LA. I have my own homestead sim to play with. I spent over 2 1/2 years helping my partner manage and redesign his two sim galleries which he liked to redo every 2-3 months or so. I am sick and blind from major sim redesigns.

As for your tower, I'll be blunt. My personal feeling is, since the Locus Mundi is the "spiritual center" of the community of Locus Amoenus, it seemed rather inappropriate to cap it with a build by someone so outspoken with his utter contempt of CDS. I was going to wait and see how things played out, as the day you offered it, for a couple hours there, you actually sounded happy about CDS.. but that quickly changed back to the contempt you've had no hesitation to express. I was hoping it would change back again, but instead it has spiraled to worse.

In my own opinion, your bridge is out of proportion, both to the original and to the needs of where it is placed. I told you, when I encouraged you to build it, that it would be the focal point, visible from all parts of the sim, and it should be something grand and wonderful. Your bridge was a lot of work, yes, but so far, the consensus is that it isn't a "landmark" type bridge; it is adequate and authentic but it is not something that will beckon to people to come see it. If enough people weigh in differently to say it is a landmark bridge (and they have until Sunday to do so), I will do my job as Chancellor and listen.

Vic, I did everything I knew how to make right that I wasn't going to use your bridge. You shoved aside all my good faith efforts and went public with a string of accusations about my character that had no basis in reality. Perhaps my attempts to make things right gave you the wrong impression. Plenty of people have built for CDS and seen their builds get mothballed, including myself, without a fuss.

Oh, and the Chancellor never was required to work with the Guild. The Chancellor always had permission by our laws to look outside the Guild. This RA told the Guild to work together with the Chancellor, it was the Guild that refused to work with me.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Bagheera wrote:

I'll approve anything that fits.

According to a plan that results in chaos. Nice going.

Bagheera wrote:

I'm the Chancellor you've got, so make the best of it.

I didn't vote for you and I shan't next time either. I didn't trust your middle manager way of talking and I was right to be sceptical.

Bagheera wrote:

Your negative backstabbing is doing more harm than I ever could.

Now there you insult me. I don't stab people in the back. I hit them with the truth right in the face. Something Cleo doesn't seem to be capable of doing.

Of course something will seem negative if it doesn't fit your viewpoint. Why do you think I get angry? For kicks? It's out of love for what this group of sims ought to be and fails to be each time it lets one or two people come in and wreck it. Deal with that, Chancellor.

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Yes, LOL, you win. You've been baiting me and I totally took the bait. My apologies.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Bags

I'm not 'backstabbing', I'm telling you some home truths in public. 'Backstabbing' would involve spreading rumours behind your back. that's really someone else's style. I raised my concerns about the LA rebuild in the RA meeting openly and in front of you. I made specific criticisms of the build quality and some of the design decisions which I feel are out of place in a supposedly 'Tuscan' sim. In this thread I've criticised the way you have handled Vic's offer. It is inappropriate for you to respond to citizens' concerns in this way. Either you accept there will be criticism and deal with it professionally i.e. by offering reasons and arguments or you are too thin-skinned to deal with criticism and resort to insults - any who disagrees is 'negative' and a 'backstabber'. Currently you are taking the latter, rather unproductive course.

I have an interest here. I was one of the original financial backers of LA (we bought the sim by borrowing money from citizens in the form of a bond which was paid back when the sim plots were sold). I was a participant in the original founding ritual and some snowdrops of mine are in the Locus Mundi. It was a great ritual and symbolic of us coming together to build something new. I was also one of the original inhabitants of LA and may decide to buy a plot there again in the future. I've owned land in every sim of the CDS at one point or another (apart from the Monastery).

I'm really concerned by this quote of yours:

As for your tower, I'll be blunt. My personal feeling is, since the Locus Mundi is the "spiritual center" of the community of Locus Amoenus, it seemed rather inappropriate to cap it with a build by someone so outspoken with his utter contempt of CDS. I was going to wait and see how things played out, as the day you offered it, for a couple hours there, you actually sounded happy about CDS.. but that quickly changed back to the contempt you've had no hesitation to express. I was hoping it would change back again, but instead it has spiraled to worse.

Now, you're entitled to your opinion about Vic but what does that have to do with the quality of the build? And since when do you get to decide that Locus Mundi cannot be redeveloped in this way because you basically don't like the way Vic conducts himself? As I recall, Vic's proposal got positive feedback in the relevant thread. I was glad you raised the issue of what to do with the LM because it brought back happy memories of the founding days of the sim and it seemed like a really good idea to preserve it in the new design. I don't think it's right that you let your personal opinion of Vic colour a decision about how to preserve its 'spiritual centre'.

There is still some hope for the LA remodel. There are a few builders who currently seem to be prepared to work with you on this. I know some of them and know they are talented. Others I'm unfamiliar with. But the point I made in the RA meeting still stands. You can't afford to keep pissing them off because we could end up with no one willing to work on this project. We need you as Chancellor to act as a leader who builds consensus and brings people together. I have some really serious doubts right now that you can achieve this. I'm not saying it can't be done, I haven't given up on this yet but I'd love it if you proved me wrong.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

Bagheera wrote:

...and whose fault is that?

Lets take a look at the platform you proposed as chancellor during the debates, these chats are freely accessible in the forum...

[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: 4) Friendly, outgoing personality combined with a strong sense of ethics and fair play. Some might say I am too righteous, I try to temper it, but I acknowledge this is a double edged sword

FAILED - You know the trolling that has been going on with me and Lia, you know the contempt some members of the citizenship had put towards me for being outspoken. Sure, i accept that. You then went on to IGNORE the same trolling that was directed towards Lia who has taken over the running of Tuscan Order. You also said absolutley nothing about the claims thart the Japanese TV Film crew that was in CDS last year had nothing to do with me at all even though I sent you a message in SL explaining that I was directing their scout to you, you said nothing about the continued claims that the TV crew from vocal members of this forum came in somewhere else and all I was doing was lying...fair play... MY ASS.

[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: 5) Committed to the LONG TERM success and survival of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators...to upholding the Constitution and working with the Science Council, Guild, RA and citizens to make CDS a great place to enjoy one's Second Life.

FAILED - The mess with the Artisans Guild shows this. You have also allowed your personal feelings to get in the way of running the chancellorship as a neutral party by now being firmly in bed with the Cleo camp, you fail on both counts and are now making yourself out to be a flat out liar.

[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: I recognize that C.D.S. is going through some growth spurts and pains right now, and that being Chancellor will be a challenge. I will endeavor to be fair and objective, using our existing laws and covenants to support everyone so we can all enjoy our own space in the greater community. I believe it is important to make decisions that will support positive outcomes and sustain C.D.S. for the long haul, going forward.

FAILED - "support everyone". Thats the two key words here, especially the "everyone" part. You rammed the redo of Locus down everyones throat. You presented a plan of which the current sim layout looks NOTHING like that plan. You then go to on make the Artisans Guild a joke and now you bring your personal feelings into the consideration of builds WHILST SUPPORTING a few people who have been indirectly trolling me and Lia.

...and you wonder why i'm "vocal"? We have a chancellor which is now SUPPORTING the camp of people who have been shown to cause harrasement issues in CDS and TWO of those people are in the build crew for Locus. Your chancellorship is a joke, you are making the entire RA look to be a joke, you have already made the Artisans Guild a joke and you are now slapping most of the population who KNOWS what is going on in CDS in the face. If there was ever a case to impeach a ruling Chancellor, now would be the time.

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Bagheera wrote:

Yes, LOL, you win. You've been baiting me and I totally took the bait. My apologies.

What the hell do you mean by that? I'm not baiting; I'm damned serious.

All your speeches during election time seemed to me to be mealy-mouthed management/politician speech, and here you are proving me right. Not only do you continue to swat away criticism by ignoring the real problems but you insult those who criticise you by treating what they say as a joke. That is contemptible.

Return to “General Discussion”