Note to Ceasar on SL11B

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Note to Ceasar on SL11B

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Ceasar

The SL11B Exhibition Space has been opened now for successful applicants. I have claimed the parcel for CDS (so it does not get taken back and reallocated) and got Rosie and Lilith registered as Assistant Builders. Sudane was not online at the same time as me or I would have registered her too as per our application.

Lilith has rezzed her build from last year though, of course, changes can continue to be made. We need to make final decisions about the build and also the content to develop the theme of “CDS 2024: twenty years of virtual democracy”.

How do you want to take this project forward? I’m not clear about what you want to do and it is important that we clarify who is leading this so that citizens can be brought in and a really superb exhibit put together for our 10th anniversary year. I’m happy to continue leading the project but, as Chancellor, this is your call.

Regards,
Pat

-----------------------------------
JD has commented elsewhere that this approach should be made via the Chancellor' office rather than on the forums. I have approached Ceasar in world about this but I'm not clear what he wants to do. The notecard above is the one I sent to Ceasar today in world. There is a time pressure here; Bags helpfully posted the key dates in the previous locked thread:

• Sims opened today (May 30th) for Exhibitors to claim their parcels.

Exhibitors have until Monday (June 2nd) before noon SLT time to claim their parcels.

Builders have between June 2nd and June 18th to complete their builds, on June 18th at noon the sims close to builders.

Sims open to the public on June 22nd.

We need to get moving if we are to engage people and develop a high quality exhibit and this uncertainty over who is doing what doesn't help us. I'm not trying to 'bounce' Ceasar into letting me run this! Widget asked me in the other thread if I would be prepared to carry on with it if asked and I said yes. Until that point, I had assumed that Ceasar would want to take over running of this project. I really don't mind either way as I assume there will be opportunities for me to provide ideas and input as a CDS citizen whoever is leading the work.

The important thing to focus on is getting a high quality exhibit which showcases our 10 year history and looks forward in a fun and imaginative way to another 10 years of virtual democracy.

One idea was for our each of our current citizens to send '20th Birthday Wishes' to our future CDS citizens in 2024. If you had a message for them, what would it be? :)

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “General Discussion”