When something loses its meaning.

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Em Warden
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: When something loses its meaning.

Post by Em Warden »

Well, I never...

I have been less online than usual lately, but I come in to check for IM:s and pay the tier. My IM:s have been capped a couple of times, but last time I logged on, I had an IM from Ranma telling me that she wanted to postpone the next RA meeting until the 22nd, could I attend, and did I have any issue for the Agenda? I answered that the 22nd was fine with me, and the only thing I could think of for the Agenda was ---, but that the RA might not be the best forum for it.
Today when I logged on, I had another IM from Ranma, saying that there might not be any more RA meetings, that she was unsure whether she would stand again, and why did I boycott the RA meetings? I have been absent from one (1) meeting so far, and I did not make any riots during the ones I attended.

And now, when I log into the Forums to read the latest posts (I have to admit that I do that too seldom), I found that Ranma wants to close down the CDS. I am sorry, but I really can't take all this seriously. It is a bad joke.

To Ranma:
Earlier you were very eager to become the LRA. You may have your reasons to be disappointed, but seriously you can't solve that problem by suggesting to kill the entire CDS off. The CDS is a wonderful place, it is very old in SL, and it also has a history of conflicts and troublesome, despotic people, some of which tried to run us down. We have survived everything because we love the CDS, and this incident will blow over like the rest.

Disband the CDS because the present LRA is dissatisfied- excuse me, but that is utterly ridiculous. The CDS democratic experiment is far too interesting and rewarding to be easily dismissed. Our sims are very beautiful, and the companionship between us citizens is solid. Rest assured, we will defend the existence of the CDS against any assaults, and since it is an ongoing experiment, we can adjust the laws to fit new situations. But it has to be made in a democratic manner, of course, involving all citizens.

The CDS may have lost its meaning to you personally, Ranma. We have to accept that. But don't make any more of it than that.

When you go through hell- keep walking!

Winston Churchill
Ranma Tardis
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Sudane would of been better off working at a convenience store. She has worked so hard for the CDS. We really owe her so much!
I did what I had to do and now I am waiting for the end of the term. I told Shep at the beginning, I would not stand for reelection. In fact I almost resigned with her. Now the term is almost over (thank God!) and I can turn it over to the next RA.
My intent was to try and bring the supporters of CDS tougher. I think it was a failure and people missed my point. You really missed the point.
I have no bad feelings towards the CDS but a eternal sadness, the ideal of democracy in SL does not work.
So we have one more meeting under my leadership, there is nothing on the agenda.
So happy with the thought my time at leadership with CDS is about over pass the ball to YOU! I will relax as my health declines in the real life.
I will maintain my property in LA as a sign of support but really I do not have the energy to be in leadership.

I wish the CDS every possible success.

Catz Jewell
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Catz Jewell »

The only time CDS was enjoyable was when there was political opposition. A handful of power hungry mongers banned the opposition. You reap what you sew. Just let it die. Let it die so that others can begin again. Some of us still have a goal of Democracy in SL.

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Catz Jewell wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 pm

The only time CDS was enjoyable was when there was political opposition. A handful of power hungry mongers banned the opposition. You reap what you sew. Just let it die. Let it die so that others can begin again. Some of us still have a goal of Democracy in SL.

1) Sorry, there's more to democracy than "trolls trolling trolls".

2) Nothing is stopping anyone who's serious about having a go at it. Get your like-minded folks together, chip in some funds, and have at if you're up to the challenge.

Show us what for...if you're able.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Coop
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Coop »

Ok people, let's all take a deep cleansing breath and step back from the keyboards.

What we learned today as a repeated lesson is that without inflection or cues from the speaker irony and sarcasm are generally taken literally. Whatever the intention of the original post may have been, where we ended up was not where we need to be. I will not comment on intentions of the original post, nor on the tone of the replies. What I will say is maybe it would be a good day to get some fresh air and walk in a park.

Frank discussion of next steps, ideas on how to make CDS government smaller while keeping the long-established democratic underpinnings are good things to discuss. There is work to be done, so let's all keep our heads about us, shall we?

Coop, wearing his new shiny Moderator hat.

I now lay down the command of my legions and retire to private life. Marcus Licinius Crassus
Kate Amdahl
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Kate Amdahl »

Just let it die. Let it die so that others can begin again. Some of us still have a goal of Democracy in SL.

I don't see why the CDS would have to die for someone to start a new experiment in democracy elsewhere. If you follow through, I'll be truly interested to hear how you do, and will cheer you on -- although I'll be doing it from my home here in the CDS. Or "Freedonia," as we will clearly agree to call it (kidding). :)

^^^\ Kate /^^^

http://kateamdahl.wordpress.com - The Winged Girl Blog (lots of CDS-related posts)
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

The day we can not populate the RA seats with volunteers we have to introduce plenary meetings to balance the exec.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Ranma Tardis
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I do not feel well enough in rl to continue in the CDS. In real life, I have enough politics to last me a lifetime. I never intended to be a "troll" but to drum up support for CDS.

I have a tremendous respect for the people of the CDS.

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Ranma Tardis wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:45 am

I do not feel well enough in rl to continue in the CDS. In real life, I have enough politics to last me a lifetime. I never intended to be a "troll" but to drum up support for CDS.

Ranma, just to be very clear ...I wasn't calling you a troll.

I actually wasn't calling anyone a troll per se; when I said "trolls trolling trolls" what I meant is the practice of folks arguing just for the sake of arguing with no other purpose.

---
Catz Jewell
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Catz Jewell »

Han is the biggest troll to ever move to CDS, other then perhaps Rosie.

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Coop wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:11 am

Ok people, let's all take a deep cleansing breath and step back from the keyboards.

Frank discussion of next steps, ideas on how to make CDS government smaller while keeping the long-established democratic underpinnings are good things to discuss. There is work to be done, so let's all keep our heads about us, shall we?

Coop, wearing his new shiny Moderator hat.

Yay, coop!

---
Coop
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Coop »

I think it is obvious this topic has run long enough.

I now lay down the command of my legions and retire to private life. Marcus Licinius Crassus

Return to “General Discussion”