C. Tib. Curio - Term-long Policy Initiatives

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

C. Tib. Curio - Term-long Policy Initiatives

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

Hi all!

I have asked that all RA members share with me a list of policy initiatives and objectives they would like to see completed by the end of the term. Here is my concise list of ideas, which are based primarily on my concerns for the CDS's culture. Many of my ideas are not legislative necessarily, but seek to encourage changing the CDS's culture and society in beneficial ways to encourage activity. As SL avis, we are all on SL to enjoy ourselves away from RL. While the CDS is not a burden, some of our more committed citizens do feel burned out and I think that it would be better for all of us to improve the cultural climate of the CDS. I encourage your feedback, questions, and further ideas.

I. Cultural:
1. Work with the Chancellor to Institute a Cultural Fund to encourage cultural events in the CDS
2. Establish non-governmental regional committees to host quarterly cultural events
3. Develop CDS and regional symbols and update outdated symbols
4. Award the Order of the Anzere, consider a citation award
5. Give CDS cultural organisations technology to encourage sponsorship
6. Weigh a CDS historical society

II. Administrative:
1. Await the Chancellor's opinion on retaining the Hippo tier system
2. Address the backlog on the code of laws and RA rules of procedure from the 25th term
3. Work with the LUC and Chancellor to convert one parcel into a sandbox conditional on occupancy
4. Address the problem of occupancy
5. Promulgate a commission to begin the process of considering sustainable expansion, especially into openspace regions
6. Explore innovative methods to defray CDS's costs

I certainly do not expect all of these ideas to be enacted but some of these are pragmatic enough to mean that they should be done quickly and well with public input.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Return to “General Discussion”