Honoured

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Honoured

Post by Sonja Strom »

Great! :D

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

Thank you all. I'm also surprised to receive this honour. I consider it a privilege to have been able to contribute to the good of our CDS community for these now many years.

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

I am so sorry that I haven't been around to respond and to congratulate the recipients myself! I have been busy in the past two weeks with finishing my undergraduate studies and then I went on a week and a half long trip to France, but I am back now. Sorry!

As for a ceremony, I think that we should organise something—but it is a little late in the season to do something for inauguration day! Perhaps we can do something later in the term—a special ball in September or August (when the first recipients were given them) for the Order?

As for the paraphernalia, Archie can send the medals to the recipients but I know that the certificate which accompanies the medal is made by Rosie, who I will speak with to arrange them.

Congratulations again to everyone!

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

My understanding is that in the past, it was awarded at the Anniversary ball in the fall (September?). I would love to see tradition followed this time around, too! :)

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

Congratulations, friends, on this honor - I can't think of a more deserving group of honorees!

Return to “General Discussion”