New CDS Portal - Reanimation :)

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: New CDS Portal - Reanimation :)

Post by Han Held »

Rosie Gray wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

We could put at the top of the Laws page a disclaimer, saying that due to the laws being auto-translated that they must not be considered as binding in any other language but English, and sorry for the bad translations due to technical language (or something to that effect).

The issue of legality has been bugging me, but that addresses the issue perfectly. Either the way you put it, or "where there are discrepencies between the english or the translated version, the english version shall be considered the definitive version" ...something along those lines.

Other than that issue I think it's great! Anything that makes the laws more accessible to a wider audience can only help.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Good idea the text, can we agree on a text to write at the top ( i think it will appear on all pages as it is in a widget) so I can add it. I leave that to you people more versed in the English language :P

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

OK, after reading over some disclaimers on other sites that use translation services, here's my suggestion:

Translations on this site are performed by Google Translate. Please note that some text may not be translated accurately. In the case of discrepancies between the English version original text and the translated version of a law or laws, the English text shall prevail.

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:09 am

Translations on this site are performed by Google Translate. Please note that some text may not be translated accurately. In the case of discrepancies between the English version original text and the translated version of a law or laws, the English text shall prevail.

Sounds perfect to me, all agreed for this text at top of pages?

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Sounds perfect to me as well :)

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”