Prim Parcels Again

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Prim Parcels Again

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

We should keep that parcels in AM in mind, though. An Info line that tells they are locked as prim parcels and could be demanded from the Chancellor would not harm.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

You should probably mention the other prim parcels, too, then, just to be consistent.

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

There are no official prim parcels in LA

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Oh, I was told by someone that the water parcels are considered that. However, there are some in FS for sure, so they should be included as well. :)

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

[12:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sylvia on the forums also rcommended a solution for Friedsee, too, if there should be one there

To clarify, in response to this statement Gaius made at the RA meeting today: I'm not recommending that anything be done about FS, other than it be discussed if AM is discussed. As I said earlier, I think that only the prim parcels in CN and NFS really need regulation, since those are the regions with cities that have the small parcels that make prim parcels more of a necessity.

My comment about FS was solely in response to Lilith's request that the AM prim parcels be addressed in the discussion. Tan suggested just an info line about AM saying that the parcels are available upon request. My suggestion is that the same be said re: FS.

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

I totally agree with Sylvia. :)
My main problem with the prim parcels in AM is that most citizens are not aware we have them and buy another full parcel instead if they need more prims (not an as good deal as there another house needs to be rezzed).
Having a line about them in the AM covenant might help to solve this problem.
Same with FS of course.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Coop
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Coop »

The homestead sims usually don't need prim parcels since they have a lower overall prim count, and the plots are generally set up to absorb the prims available. Most of the newer sims don't need prim parcels since they are typically done with a larger prim multiplier per parcel. NFS and CN are single prim sims, so they need prim parcels if you want to have much in the way of decoration.

I now lay down the command of my legions and retire to private life. Marcus Licinius Crassus
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I do not oppose changes of the other covenants, but would appreciate if there were tangible text proposals. Meanwhile I am posting the current versions for CN and NFS for further discussion:

Proposal to change region specific covenants v.2

1. CN specific covenant: change the statement under „Zones and Typologies“ > „Zone R (Villa Quarter) and Zone L (South Riverfront Plots)“ Number 11 to

2. NFS specific covenant: add the same text under "A) Zones and Typologies" > "Zone O:(Outside city walls)" as number 5

TEXT

[Plots R.01-1 through R.01-5 | Plots P280-01 trough P280-20] are reserved to supplement the prims of those owners of parcels within the [Colonia Nova | Neufreistadt] city walls who have tiny parcels and thus very few prims. One prim parcel can be purchased for each city parcel. [There must be a minimum of 2 trees per plot. | - ]

The prim parcels are locked to make sure they are correctly regulated. You can request available parcels from the *Estate Managers*. If you want still more prims, you would simply buy a normal parcel outside the city walls, and in exchange, you would give up the prim parcel that the normal parcel is now replacing. This would free up the prim parcel for use by someone who cannot afford the expense of purchasing a normal parcel outside the walls to use as a prim parcel.

This exchange is on a parcel by parcel basis, so that for each normal parcel purchased, you would give up one of your owned prim parcels. The purchase of any additional normal parcels would be treated the same, with the exchange of one owned prim parcel for each normal parcel purchased.

The property situation that emerged before xx.xx.2017 is grandfathered.

TEXT END

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren

Return to “General Discussion”