Han Held's position statement on the office of Chancellor

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Han Held's position statement on the office of Chancellor

Post by Han Held »

My name is Han Held and it is my honor to be given the chance to run for the position of Chancellor of the CDS.

The CDS is moribound, and there's a hard limit to exactly how much change will be allowed to implemented. So for that reason my attitudes and political positions are largely irrelevant. Regardless I'd like to take this chance to share my background, my goals and my aspirations with you all.

I came here in Feb 2015 and there has been a recurring problem of the chancellor not being available to the citizens whom they serve. While I am not immune to RL distractions, but I very nearly live here (or opensim) -I will be available on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

If elected chancellor, I will hold monthly government meetings. ...and you can take that to the bank. And when possible, I will act on the feedback I get from them, or lay the groundwork for the next administration to do so..

Without our rituals, we are nothing -merely a collection of renters sharing the same server space. It is very rare for us to see one another (a historic problem stretching back to the beginning) and the Inaugural Ball in particular plays a vital role in our community. What happened last term should never have happened, and if I am elected there WILL be a Ball ...even if I have to get up there and DJ myself! (I hope you lot like Black Flag and Black Sabbath ;)).

Likewise, I will have a budget ready and presented to the RA upon their first meeting. I cannot promise that they'll pass it -but I can and do promise that they'll have it. I also assure you that I will work with RA until it's passed.

In short ...if I am elected Chancellor, the trains will run on time.

I have other aspirations for this office as well, of course. Secondlife is hemorrhaging regions each and every day ...just read Tyche Shepard's "newest sims in Second life" thread over on SLU.[1]

If elected Chancellor I will take three specific steps to ensure that we have a future independent of Linden Lab;

1) I will establish CDS outposts on other worlds, including (but not limited to) Inworldz and Metropolis grid.

2) I will begin the process of creating infrastructure to establish colonies both in SL and elsewhere. This will include personal networking (to explore the possiblity of joint events, and recruiting outsiders to help and/or become citizens) and creating a "care package" of open-source content specifically made for use by colonies.

3)work with the SC as much as possible to explore the legal issues around non-SL based citizenship and colonies.

I do not promise that as firmly as I do the more nuts-and-bolts pledges, because they will depend on the willing participation of people I have minimal influence over.

Wether I succeed or fail ...be assured that if elected Chancellor, I will be taking concrete steps to expand CDS holdings and citizenry and to insure the continued existence of the CDS in a post-secondlife world.

Like my idol Kendra Bancroft, I believe that better results often come about through autocratic means. By which I mean by taking initiative, choosing a direction and then going forward.

That's a horrible, horrible philosophy for a chancellor however. And it's my opinion that the office of Chancellor has been used in ways that are far too unilateral in recent years. *cough* Rathaus *cough*

If elected Chancellor I will take a much different tack and take greater consideration of the citizens of the CDS individual feed back and opinions before acting. Even in matters where I act of my own initiative, it will not be until *after* getting as much feedback as possible from any citizens I am able to.

The office of Chancellor imposes heavy responsibilities upon the office holder. If elected I will be asking any previous office holder for ideas on how that burden can be lightened to make it more practical for people with careers in the real world to serve -thereby increasing the number of people who can step up to the plate.

I am Han Held, and I hope that you will consider giving me a chance to serve you in the capacity of Chancellor of the CDS.

Long live the Confederation of Democratic Simulators!

Han Held
5 November, 2017

[1]http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/virtua ... -post.html

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"

Return to “General Discussion”