Rosie Gray Chancellor Platform Nov. 2017

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Rosie Gray Chancellor Platform Nov. 2017

Post by Rosie Gray »

Rosie Gray Campaign Statement for Chancellor Nov 2017

If elected as the CDS Chancellor for the 28th RA session, I commit to the following:

1) Creating a budget and associated marketing plan based on it

2) Immediately holding a meeting with all Estate Managers to review EM duties

3) Along with the PIO’s, create an events plan for the term. I’d like to explore adding a regular participatory event such as the Paintball Game.

4) Assign a Chancellor’s representative to the Land Use Commission (LUC)

5) Hold once a week ‘coffee with the Chancellor’ meeting/social for citizens. Once a month that can become the ‘Government Question Hour’ if it’s suitable for other branches of government.

6) I would encourage the LUC to provide an inventory, region by region, on what needs attention and their recommendations. I would continue to encourage our best citizen builders to consider projects that would enhance the CDS landscape. Major projects need to be discussed and approved, but it is my belief that without this kind of continued refinement and updating of our graphic environment that the CDS would become visually unappealing to the vast majority of people who have become accustomed to the many beautifully thought out and detailed landscapes to be found in SL at large. Any replacements of major public buildings would of course follow the precedents set in the past, with respect of historical significance and preservation of history.

7) Conduct a survey of citizens to ascertain their interest in various aspects of the community.

8 ) Visitor survey - I’d like to put surveys out in some of our public spaces requesting visitors to fill them in. Questions would include; how did you find the CDS? What is your impression of this region? And similar. (Those are just rough examples as I’d need to take the time to properly word questions and would like to confer with others who are experienced with surveys.)

Overall, I see the job of Chancellor as a maintenance position, something like the Mayor of a town. Ensuring that the CDS tiers are collected, parcels are set for sale, group settings are kept up to date, and citizens are welcomed and oriented to the community are day-to-day functions of the executive. Being available and including other citizens in projects and events as much as possible is important and necessary.

I have been a member of the Representative Assembly for 5 sessions, and held the position of Chancellor twice. I’ve been a citizen of the CDS for 7+ years.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to questions from the community that I will answer to the best of my ability.

Rosie Gray
CDS Chancellor Candidate

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”