Do we want to buy prims and raise tier in LA & AM?

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Do we want to buy prims and raise tier in LA & AM?

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I wonder if we want to go the same route with LA and AM as we did with NFS and CN - buy 50% more prim capacity from the Lindens and raise tier by 29%. Opinions?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Do we want to buy prims and raise tier in LA & AM?

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

As someone with a parcel in LA, I'd say "no", simply because the regions are (I think) already double prim and don't have the issues that NFS and CN did with low allowances.

Also, I don't want more of my tier increased, as I am already paying increased tier on five other parcels. ;)

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

I think we should raise this question in 6 months or so. We need to determine how this change really has impacted NFS and CN. We changed the sim capacity back on Nov 1 but have only now increased the tier rates as proposed, and I feel the changes need awhile to settle in.

Sylvia's point, of course, is a good one. But the big picture is that increased tier is not the only issue here. Given a steady land pricing environment, people choose the parcel which offers for them the best combo of resources and price. When those factors change, it takes awhile for an individual to readjust to what's best for them. So if we modify AM and LA, both prims and prices will rise (at different rates), and people on those sims will have to readjust themselves as well.

So I feel we should go slow here and see what happens with NFS and CN.

Sudane....................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Have to say I agree with Sylvia, probably because I've just gone to a nice big parcel on AM that has plenty of prims and I'm not so keen on paying more for it. ;)

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”