CDS Law Library

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

CDS Law Library

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

I had wanted to wait until I completely finished this small project before I announced it, but since I haven't found the time and the patience to do it in recent weeks I think I should just announce it.

The CDS's law code is primarily found online at our website. Last term, after giving it some thought after our website was repeatedly offline, I thought I should start compiling the laws together and that I should put them in a public and conspicuous space. If you were to head to the basement of the Praetorium in CN lately, you probably have noticed that there are a series of "scroll cases" which contain CDS laws from the third session of the RA (NL 3) to the most recent law passed in the twenty-fourth session of the RA (CDSL 24). These scroll cases contain the laws currently active in the CDS, and I still have the archaic and repealed parts of the code to add.

I will compile these remaining sections of the law code in the coming weeks and put them in the two remaining scroll cases (of five). If you would like the entire library which I have compiled so far, send me an IM inworld and I'll drop the folder full of many notecards on you! I will also share the scroll cases with the CDS LV group when I am done or deed them to the group.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know! I'll appreciate it.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: CDS Law Library

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Thank you, Gaius! That's not only a practical backup for when unexpected things happen to the website, but it's just a cool idea to have the laws in world where we can see the displays. :)

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I noticed those some time ago, and thought it was an excellent use of the space. It adds that in-world interest that is so important for the community, and for visitors to the CDS.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

We're an inworld community; it only makes sense to have the laws inworld too. Thank you so much, Gaius! :)

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Em Warden
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Em Warden »

I greatly appreciate your effort, Gaius. Thank you!

When you go through hell- keep walking!

Winston Churchill
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Guillaume Mistwalker wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm

The CDS's law code is primarily found online at our website. Last term, after giving it some thought after our website was repeatedly offline,

Do you mean the forum or the new website? Nobody made me aware that there was a downtime of the cdsdemocracy.org.

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I thought you tried to help Rosie fix it last summer, Mizou? It crashed beyond repair for a while there (as I recall it).

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 pm

I thought you tried to help Rosie fix it last summer, Mizou? It crashed beyond repair for a while there (as I recall it).

Yes, indeed but that was fixed in May 2017 when we put the new website on cdsdemocracy.org and on Bluehost

I am wondering if Gaius was talking about more crashes after that date?????

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Hmm, well, I see at least two forum threads started by you in June addressing progress on the updates and getting everything moved over, so since those were during the last term, my guess is that is what Gaius is referring to. However, I'll let him answer that question for sure! ;)

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

No, I don't think so. I was thinking about the most recent time that the website was down.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Ok so all is well since the new website, yes, must have been June, I think I started to work on it in May when Rosie was staying with me in Ireland.
So, all is well with the CDS website and next thing to do this springtime is to work on the migration of this forum to http://forum.cdsdemocracy.org with the help of Gwyn.

Return to “General Discussion”