Transcription of 2nd Committee Meeting for CDSL 24-01 held Mar 7, 2018

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Transcription of 2nd Committee Meeting for CDSL 24-01 held Mar 7, 2018

Post by Bagheera »

CDSL 24-01 Committee - March 7 Attendees
CDSL 24-01 Committee - March 7 Attendees

[13:02] Bagheera Kristan: I am thinking it is time to call the meeting to order :)
[13:02] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): will this be a voice ledmeeting?
[13:03] Bagheera Kristan: it was going to be in local chat
[13:03] Bagheera Kristan: will that be alright with everyone, that way we have a transcript
[13:03] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): ok
[13:03] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Fine with me, preferred even
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[13:03] Rosie Gray: yes
[13:03] Laura Azalee: ye
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: Is there anyone who objects to having their chat posted as part of this meeting's transcript?
[13:04] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): no
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: *counts to 5*
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: 1
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: 2
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: 3
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: 4
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: 5
[13:04] Rosie Gray: lol
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: okay, then, no objctions :) smiles
[13:04] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ?
[13:04] Laura Azalee: °?°
[13:04] Sudane Erato: sorry... np with me !
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: Let me go get the links to the last meeting's transcript and also the current law
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: please give me a minute
[13:05] Laura Azalee: ok
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: I wil post them into local chat
[13:05] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): np, I'm gonna be back and forth afk...excuse me if I'm slow to respond (sorry!)
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: if people want to start talking their thoughts - perhaps Han can repeat her's - that's fine
[13:05] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Yeah, let me paste my concern, please....
[13:05] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): My understanding is that the primary change that y'all want to make is to make it so that the RA, and not the Chancellor, is the one who decides if we need to divest of a region or not

My worry is that will be less efficent, and as a result we might end up hemorraging cash longer than we need to
in the event of a financial crisis
[13:06] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): :) done
[13:06] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Also, I thought that there was a provision in the original bill that would allow the RA to step in?
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: Here is the link to transcript of last meeting's chat...https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... 749#p46749
[13:08] Tanoujin Milestone: the last point is true, Han, if I may quote the original: Chancellors announcement to sell the sim.
[13:08] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): Can you explain, since I am new, what it is about? Is CDS thinking about selling lands?
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: Text of Original Law: CDSL 24-01 Responsible Estate Management Act

Rationale:
In the Confederation of Democratic Sims, it is the responsibility of the CDS government to ensure that the estate is financially managed in a responsible manner with an overall goal of keeping CDS in the black.

Tenancy fluctuations and long term vacancies can negatively impact the financial health of the estate. This bill establishes parameters for selling a CDS region if it remains vacant, in the red and a financial liability.

1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region, if he /she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.
The Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time.

2. The Chancellor must give 30 days notice to all CDS citizens of the intention to sell a region both on the CDS forum
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: and in an in-world CDS group notice.

3. The Chancellor must give 30 days notice of the sale to all citizens of the region via notecard. In the case of group owned land, the Chancellor will provide notice via notecard to the group owner.

4. Citizens of the region being sold are responsible for abandoning their land and taking refunds of their tier balance from the tier meters before the date of the sale.

5. Available parcels in the region that is scheduled for sale will remain available for lease during the next 27 days making it possible for residents to purchase land and generate revenue for the sim.
The RA has the authority to convene a session and override the Chancellor’s decision by a majority vote within 29 days of the Chancellors announcement to sell the sim.

6. Three days prior to the sale date, the Chancellor will review the financial status of the sim and post his/her findings to the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forum.
If the sim generated at least 75% of its monthly tier expense, the
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: sale of the sim will halt.
If the sim did not generate at least 75% of its monthly tier expense, the Chancellor will announce his/her intentions to sell the sim or not in the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forums.
On the scheduled date of sale, the Chancellor will clear the region completely of all objects before placing the region for sale.

7. The Chancellor can confer the responsibility of clearing the region on a CDS estate manager.

8. At the Chancellor’s direction, Rudeen must place the region up for sale in the For Sale By Owner group. The Chancellor is responsible for writing up the text for the sales notice and for giving it to Rudeen.

9. Money from the sale of the region shall remain in the general CDS account (Rudeen).

10. Neufriedstadt is excluded from this act. Given the history of the region and the significance to CDS, Neufreidtadt will remain until it is no longer able to pay for itself or SL service ends.
If the region meeting the criteria as laid out in section one of this act is one
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: of the grandfathered sims: Neufreistadt, Colonia Nova or Monastery then an extra-ordinary session of the RA will be convened to decide which sim is to be sold.
[13:08] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): Cause I wnt to stay here, not have to move again
[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: Let me answer your question, Lady Kiki
[13:09] Rosie Gray: You can also view the law here: https://cdsdemocracy.org/code-of-laws-2/
[13:09] Sudane Erato: :)... no sim selling is imminent :)
[13:09] Rosie Gray: go to CDSL 24-01
[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: The reason we are discussing this now is becausewe are NOT in any danger
[13:09] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): This isn't an immediate concern. We just want to make sure it's taken care of **before** we're running around w/ our hair on fire
[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: When we are NOT in any danger is the best time to decide a course of action
[13:09] Sudane Erato: agreed
[13:10] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[13:10] Bagheera Kristan: The law under discussion was passed several years ago and the current feeling is it is flawed and needs to be revised
[13:10] Bagheera Kristan: Yes Rosie
[13:10] Rosie Gray: thanks Bagheera
[13:10] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): I see
[13:10] Rosie Gray: my concern with the law was primarily point #1
[13:10] Rosie Gray: 1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region, if he /she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.
The Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time.
[13:11] Rosie Gray: as when you move to point #2, it seems to mean that the Chancellor MUST give 30 days notice and begin the sale procedures
[13:11] Rosie Gray: and also that the power seems to rest ONLY with the Chancellor, which I don't think is right
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: looks like it, yes
[13:12] Rosie Gray: done
[13:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I don't read it that way
[13:12] Bagheera Kristan: what do read it to mean, Han?
[13:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Going back to the last part of point one; the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region, if he /she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.
[13:13] Rosie Gray: yes, no mention of the RA also approving
[13:13] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): so if that ever ghappens, the people who live there have to move out?
[13:13] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): There's two parts to that; one is "empowered", not "obligated"; meaning it's an option the chancellor can excercise if they believe it's needed
[13:13] Sudane Erato: but its the "if" clause
[13:13] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): that also means they don't have to.
[13:13] Bagheera Kristan: Does anyone else want to speak to that? or to anything else?
[13:14] Sudane Erato: i will
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: yes, please go ahead Sudane
[13:14] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): I ddont understand
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: then Tan
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: after you. Sudane
[13:14] Sudane Erato: the If clause is really the point
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Looking over it, I thought there was a mechanism for the RA to override the sale; but I'm not seeing it
[13:14] Sudane Erato: and it should be primary
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: point 5, Han
[13:14] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): If suppose you want to sell Colonia Nova, waht happens to teh poeple who live there?
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): That would be good to have, so that Cleo Lane doesn't sell off everything for pocket change :3
[13:14] Sudane Erato: and really.... nothing else matters
[13:14] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Thanks, Tan
[13:15] Sudane Erato: it should be that everyone in the community examines whether it would be right to sell off a sim
[13:15] Sudane Erato: becasue
[13:15] Sudane Erato: there are many more factors than just... the 75% over 3 months issue
[13:16] Sudane Erato: what if all the other sims are doing great??
[13:16] Sudane Erato: i mean... reducing it to these simple prescriptions makes no sense to me
[13:16] Sudane Erato: it should be a community wide decision... chancellor and RA together
[13:17] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises my hand
[13:17] Sudane Erato: anyway... i said enough :)
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: Just a point of order, I am going to ask people to raise their hands to speak and i will call on them in order - we have a lot of people here, if that's okay - when you are done with your time, just end with the word Done, please
[13:17] Rosie Gray agrees with Sudane
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: are you done, Sudane?
[13:17] Pip Torok: ok
[13:17] Sudane Erato: yes, sorry, done
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: no worries, thank you :)
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: Tan is next, then Han
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, please
[13:18] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you - I want to answer directly to Hans concern
[13:18] Tanoujin Milestone: I think efficancy is not the point here . i would like to see a long democratic process and thourough discussion
[13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: also, I think it would be good to give one constitutional branch the decision power - the RA . The Chancellor has no vote in the RA - we would have to introduce something like that and mix everything up.
[13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: the chancellor can use their Veto if necessary. Done
[13:20] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Tan. Han?
[13:20] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Thanks, I'm gonna need a minute -sorry. Please let me type....
[13:20] Bagheera Kristan: take your time :)
[13:21] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): First, a little background. This legislation was introduced in part as a reaction to the addition of Friedsee. For good or ill it was felt that Friedsee was "foisted" on us, through the back door as it were. It was felt by some that it was intended as a milstone around our neck finanically.
[13:22] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ...that FS has worked out is immeterial, I'm talking about our perception at the time
[13:22] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ...so the anxety is what to do if we found ourself with an asset that was bringing down the over-all financial health of the CDS, and how to deal with it
[13:22] Sudane Erato: wow... i don't remember that
[13:23] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): That's the anxiety I had some folks express to me, personally
[13:23] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): at any rate, the main problem IMO that this would solve would be financial, and would be affecting the over-all health of the estate
[13:24] Rosie Gray: hi Brooke ?
[13:24] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Brooke :)
[13:24] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Rosie
[13:24] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): so we might have 5 healthy sims, but how long ...at even $200/pop can we go on with a liabliity? esp in a situation where we're in the red?
[13:24] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): hi Brooke
[13:24] Laura Azalee: hey there Brooke
[13:24] Brooke Brandenburg: Hey Tan
[13:24] Brooke Brandenburg: Hey Laura
[13:24] Brooke Brandenburg: Hey Kiki
[13:24] Brooke Brandenburg: and everyone else too!
[13:24] Sudane Erato: hey :)
[13:25] Brooke Brandenburg: Hey Sudane :)
[13:25] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): So that is the reason for looking at it on a one-sim (instead of a holistic) basis, and for wanting to take a more efficient solution and avoid a "peopl;e's front of judea" kind of situation(by having the decision rest with an individual, instead of a group). Particularly since there's mechanism in place for the RA to block any abusive sale
[13:25] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ...done :)
[13:26] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Hi! ^-^
[13:26] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): and thanks for coming, Brooke :)
[13:27] Tanoujin Milestone: but the people's frot of Judea is all what we are about, Han :D
[13:27] Bagheera Kristan: welcome Brooke - does anyone have anything they want to say next? If not, I'll speak next
[13:27] Bagheera Kristan: Tan?
[13:27] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry, I pass
[13:27] Brooke Brandenburg: Thank you Bagheera :)
[13:27] Bagheera Kristan: ah lol, TAn if you could type what you just said again but without the typos :) I can't figure it out
[13:28] Tanoujin Milestone: as I said - if we had a one person decision with Friedsee back then, we would have sold it
[13:28] Tanoujin Milestone: but we found a better solution
[13:28] Tanoujin Milestone: with time, and lots of work done by Delia
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: we downgradedd the sim and made it a homestead
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: and now it works
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: problem solved
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: why can we not handle the issues we do not know much about in the future the same waay
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: ? done
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: thank you Tan, I'll speak next
[13:31] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises my hand to speak after Bags :)
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: My thought about the problem this law solves is it protects the CDS from getting too deep in a hole. In its current form, I feel it is too draconian and moves too fast - which creates a hole in the fabric of the community with the expeditious loss of a sim...
[13:32] Bagheera Kristan: What I personally would like to do is change the law to have it be a marker - if we havent' reached a certain drop in revenue, then we don't have to fret about it constantly - and when we reach the drop in revenue - we start a course that I would like to be more like an advisory review not a narrow mandate. Done
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: Han, you're next
[13:34] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[13:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Ok, I just want to address Tan's point. If we reach a point where the chancellor decides we have to sell off NFS because reasons, but it's felt that there's alternatives to try; the law provides a way for the RA to over-ride the chancellor's decision and block the sale. On a different note, I have no objection (or opinion) about playing with the dates (30 days, 90 days, whatever)
[13:34] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): done
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: Tan after Han
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: Tan?
[13:36] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, you're next, pelase :)
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: hm, first point, yes, Han, ther is a way to override for the RA, but it is still a flawed law then in my opinion. Next I want to agree with Sudane - revenue of a single sim is not the only factor. We ahe to take the reserves into account as well. And there are other options but to sell - and I want to have them discussed at once, not in the aftermath of an overridden decision of the chancellor
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:37] Bagheera Kristan: since no one has raised their hand, I'll speak next :)
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: In the RA meeting, I proposed the following : "1. If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months AND if the CDS sims as a whole have fallen below 90% of covering monthly expenses for more than three consecutive months AND the Chancellor deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS, the Chancellor is to make a forum post immediately to alert the citizenry that this is an issue and this will be included on the agenda of the next RA meeting. The RA and Chancellor will review the situation at the RA meeting and if they determine it is in the best interests to divest CDS of the sim, the follow steps will be taken." And TAN proposed: "If the issue of a loss-making region and/or a deficient CDS as a whole is brought to the RA by a concerned citizen, the RA will examine the facts and keep the issue on the agenda until a decision is made.
In case the RA decides to sell a region after thorough discussion both at RA meetings and on the
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: forums, the following steps will be taken."
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: I'd like to ask people to read that and speak to these ideas that are currently on the table as changes.
[13:38] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[13:39] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): afk a min, rl, sorry
[13:39] Bagheera Kristan: or anything else, but those are the current proposed changes.
[13:40] Sudane Erato: Bags, if people decide on that, I could track those percentages in the monthly $$ report
[13:40] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks for making that points clear, Bags, nice move
[13:40] Bagheera Kristan: that's great :) Thanks Sudane
[13:40] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I would like that, Sudane :)
[13:40] Bagheera Kristan: well, my question now is do people here think TAn and I are on the right track? or what would any of you suggest?
[13:40] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Thank you
[13:41] Sudane Erato: perhaps we should see what those percentages actually ARE before making a final resolution
[13:41] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I suggest keeping the law as it is, and if anything adjusting the amount of time given
[13:41] Pip Torok raises hand
[13:41] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Pip
[13:41] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I'm afraid the proposals laid out will end up sticking us with expensive liabilities that will end up making us potentally less able to be solvent long-term
[13:42] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): done, sorry pip
[13:42] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): go on :)
[13:42] Pip Torok: i'd say yes ... on the right track AS LONG AS we all get to see the monthly reports
[13:42] Pip Torok: done
[13:43] Rosie Gray raises hand
[13:43] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Pip. It sounded like Sudane offered to make that available? Did I hear you correctly, Sudane?
[13:43] Sudane Erato: yes.... we're already tracking most of that... percentage of break-even and such
[13:43] Sudane Erato: but I could add in the exact measures that you are proposing here
[13:44] Sudane Erato: and i'm up to date... haven't done February yet :)
[13:44] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Sudane. Rosie next
[13:45] Rosie Gray: ah thanks... just to answer your question, Bags, I DO think that you and Tan are on the right track, that's all ?
[13:45] Rosie Gray: done
[13:45] Laura Azalee: so do I
[13:45] Babs (babsbrooke): ditto
[13:45] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): yes I think so too
[13:46] Bagheera Kristan: thank you
[13:46] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[13:46] Bagheera Kristan: Yes Tan
[13:46] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises my hand
[13:46] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks. If we can agree that we do not want to leave it, Like Han suggested, that would be a progress in the current discussion.
[13:46] Tanoujin Milestone: done for now
[13:47] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan, Han you are next
[13:48] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I just want to remark that there are two kid avi communities I've been a part of .... Dreamville and Willowdale. In recent years I've seen both forced to sell off regions; and as SL's user numbers continue to decline I think that's a trend that is going to continue. So we're going to be faced with this issue probably sooner than we like. Done.
[13:49] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han.
[13:49] Sudane Erato: raise hand
[13:49] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Sudane
[13:49] Sudane Erato: I appreciate Han's caution... and I think I internalize it myself.
[13:50] Sudane Erato: But i think that Bags and Tan's proposals share that caution and spread it to the wider community
[13:50] Sudane Erato: they are not wild radical solutions
[13:50] Sudane Erato: they just widen the involvement in the decision/issue
[13:51] Sudane Erato: done
[13:51] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Sudane
[13:51] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand.
[13:51] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Tan
[13:51] Sudane Erato: sadly... i must go deal with snowy issues in RL :)
[13:51] Bagheera Kristan: bye Sudane, thanks for coming !
[13:51] Laura Azalee: awww Sudane!
[13:51] Rosie Gray: bye Sudane!
[13:51] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Nice to see you, thanks for coming Sudane :)
[13:52] Sudane Erato: thank you all! :)
[13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: bye Sudane!
[13:52] Sudane Erato: bye
[13:52] Laura Azalee: bye bye
[13:52] Tanoujin Milestone: Thank you Sudane, that is indeed the point. And thanks to han that we can have a civilized discussion and be friends even if we are not of the same opinion from time to time - to the point:
[13:52] Pip Torok: bye
[13:53] Tanoujin Milestone: if we want to go further down the route, we would have to decide if we want 1. the fixed percetages (and I tend to be open to that)
[13:53] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): oesp..almost crashed here
[13:53] Tanoujin Milestone: 2. the alarm function for the chancellor only or everypone (to be discussed)
[13:53] Laura Azalee: yes laggy
[13:53] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises my hand
[13:54] Tanoujin Milestone: and 3. amoment please- if we wnat a decision of the chancellor and RA together or RA only
[13:54] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:54] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan. Han you are next
[13:55] Pip Torok raises his hand
[13:55] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): To point number two that Tan raised; I think that the more information presented to and available to the citizens...the better. I would like those numbers publically available, preferably included with the regular financial report. Done
[13:55] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. Go ahead Pip
[13:57] Pip Torok: imo the initiatorshould always be the RA's but it should be part of the chancellors brief to be urgently alive to the ra's action
[13:57] Pip Torok: done
[13:57] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Pip. My turn next
[13:58] Bagheera Kristan: A couple points I see from my perspective....
[13:59] Bagheera Kristan: The CDS has a healthy reserve so the moment we are in the red is not a crisis - we have at least several months to figure things out - it would be a slow decline. I like the idea of not targeting a single sim
[13:59] Bagheera Kristan: Sims can always be changed and I think it is healthy to try to fix a sim before just getting rid of it - that allows us to evolve to changing situations instead of losing fundamental capital (i.e. a sim)
[14:01] Bagheera Kristan: My second point is the where Tan and I see things aslightly differently. In his proposal, he wants any citizen to be able to sound the alarm. I think any citizen can raise the issue during an RA meeting, there is always a point on the agenda for citizen concerns...but I think it might be chaotic to just open the door to citizens sounding the alarm in an unstructured way
[14:01] Bagheera Kristan: That is why we have a government, I think.
[14:01] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[14:02] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[14:02] Bagheera Kristan: Yes Tan
[14:03] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks. May be we are at the point as a committee now to vote on some points? I am more than ready to change my mind on the fixed numbers for example
[14:03] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[14:03] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) raises my hand
[14:03] Bagheera Kristan: Yes Han
[14:04] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I just want to say that even though I'm the odd Han out, I'm happy with going along with what y'all decide. Done :)
[14:04] Laura Azalee: °?°
[14:04] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, me too :)
[14:04] Pip Torok: me too
[14:05] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): me too
[14:05] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Han. I want to respond to TAn's request for a vote which is I would like to hold off specifically because - at the last meeting SL was having problems and Gauis was in attendance - he was in mid-thought when he crashed
[14:05] Bagheera Kristan: and I want to hear what he had to say because it was on these points we are discussing
[14:05] Tanoujin Milestone: ahh, yes, okay
[14:06] Bagheera Kristan: Does anyone else have anything they want to say today?
[14:06] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held) shakes my head
[14:06] Laura Azalee: nope
[14:06] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb) shakes head
[14:06] Tanoujin Milestone: just a little thing
[14:06] Bagheera Kristan: yes Tan
[14:06] Pip Torok shakes head too
[14:07] Tanoujin Milestone: if we wnat the RA and the Chancellor decide together, do we give the chancellor a vote in this special situation? I have trouble to imagine the process here
[14:07] Rosie Gray raises hand
[14:07] Laura Azalee: we would have to I think
[14:07] Laura Azalee: sorry rosie
[14:07] Rosie Gray: np
[14:07] Bagheera Kristan: Rosie is next, TAn are you done?
[14:08] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, done, soryy
[14:08] Bagheera Kristan: thank you "Tan, go ahead Rosie
[14:08] Rosie Gray: I just wanted to say that I am agreed that the Chancellor should be able to have a say in the discussions around this, but I do think that it's the RA's decision in the end. So, I don't think that the Chancellor needs a vote.
[14:08] Rosie Gray: done
[14:09] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[14:09] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Rosie. Just to clarify - and I believe this is just procedure - this committee comes up with a proposal which is brought before the RA to then clarify and vote on as a body. So taht is how it is done.
[14:09] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead, Tan
[14:10] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, I tend to agree with Rosie. It would affect constitutional questions otherwise.
[14:10] Tanoujin Milestone: just want to stress we have to make it clear in the text
[14:10] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[14:11] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tan. That is how I believe it is too. The RA makes the laws. That's our Constitution.
[14:11] Bagheera Kristan: Does anyone else have anything they want to say now?
[14:11] Laura Azalee: no
[14:11] Bagheera Kristan: counts to 5
[14:11] Bagheera Kristan: 1
[14:11] Bagheera Kristan: 2
[14:11] Bagheera Kristan: 3
[14:12] Bagheera Kristan: 4
[14:12] Pip Torok: not me
[14:12] Bagheera Kristan: 5
[14:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): not really
[14:12] Lady Kiki Whatever (inekeb): no
[14:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): I reserve the right to *CENSORED* on the forum tho :p
[14:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ? ? giggle ? ?
[14:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): ?
[14:12] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): (I have half an idea about the mechanism, but I'll post when I have it thot out)
[14:12] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, thank you everyone. Next meeting to be determined. I want to catch up with Gaius and see if he can make it
[14:13] Hannah Marie Bloodtempestwolf (han.held): Nice to see all y'all :)
[14:13] Bagheera Kristan: :) This meeting is adjourned.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon

Return to “General Discussion”