CDS History Museum In Need of New Caretaker ASAP

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

CDS History Museum In Need of New Caretaker ASAP

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

A year ago, with the help of some wonderful support and donations from CDS citizens, I founded the CDS History Society and the CDS History Museum in CN. Today, I no longer have time to maintain the museum or send out requests for donations, so a necessary change is about to happen.

The tier has been paid for another month, and after that, I will have to stop making payments on the parcel. If someone would like to take over the CDSHistoria avatar and the responsibility of making sure that the tier is paid each month, please contact me directly so that transfer of the necessary information can be made.

It was loads of fun setting up the museum, and I know it still gets visitors, so I hope someone will adopt my baby. :)

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: CDS History Museum In Need of New Caretaker ASAP

Post by Han Held »

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:31 pm

A year ago, with the help of some wonderful support and donations from CDS citizens, I founded the CDS History Society and the CDS History Museum in CN. Today, I no longer have time to maintain the museum or send out requests for donations, so a necessary change is about to happen.

The tier has been paid for another month, and after that, I will have to stop making payments on the parcel. If someone would like to take over the CDSHistoria avatar and the responsibility of making sure that the tier is paid each month, please contact me directly so that transfer of the necessary information can be made.

It was loads of fun setting up the museum, and I know it still gets visitors, so I hope someone will adopt my baby. :)

Absolutely -sure thing. I'll have to give up one of my NFS parcels, but no problem.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Well, the idea is that you don't pay for it out of your own pocket. The parcel is owned by the CDS History Society, not by me, and tier is paid by way of donations from the community. I'll talk to you more about it in world, but don't give up anything just yet till I have a chance to fill you in on how it's been working. :)

ETA: To clarify, I have been the "custodian" for the group and its land, and you will take over as group owner and caretaker of the museum. Of course, if you want to change things over into your name and pay tier out of your own pocket, that will be up to you. :)

Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:17 am

Well, the idea is that you don't pay for it out of your own pocket. The parcel is owned by the CDS History Society, not by me, and tier is paid by way of donations from the community. I'll talk to you more about it in world, but don't give up anything just yet till I have a chance to fill you in on how it's been working. :)

ETA: To clarify, I have been the "custodian" for the group and its land, and you will take over as group owner and caretaker of the museum. Of course, if you want to change things over into your name and pay tier out of your own pocket, that will be up to you. :)

I assumed that I'd take over as group owner and caretaker -I'm wary of relying on donations so my plan is to pay for the parcel outright and look at the donations as "compensation" for the expense. We'll talk inworld and that will give me a better idea of how you've been running it. I don't think I'm going to deviate terribly far from how you've been doing it (so don't worry, you're not going to tp in and find a museum dedicated to Great Nekos In History :D)

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

OK! I'm working on a list of things I need to do to make sure all is ready for a smooth transition. I'm thinking next week because my partner will be on RL holiday and I will have more time to attend to this. If I get it all in order prior to then, I will let you know, and thanks again for stepping up! I still love the idea of CDS having a history museum and am happy I was able to get the project started, but it's time to hand it over and with your love of CDS history, I know you will take good care of it. :)

Return to “General Discussion”