A very public post about a very private matter

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

A very public post about a very private matter

Post by Bagheera »

I am moved by the compassion of the many who have spoken with me regarding my abrupt departure. It is true, I have wrestled with the privacy issues for some time and where the lines are drawn in CDS. I swore to myself I wouldn't get involved in the politics, and then I did. My own weakness manifest.

However, in addition, I am also struggling deeply with a RL issue and the morning I resigned and left, it had all become too much and I just snapped. It is nothing personal and I cherish the friendships I have with each of you, whether I have talked with you privately about this matter or not.

I do miss the community. Maybe when I am in a better frame of mind, I'll make my way back. Until then, be good to each other, be good to your own selves. Love and peace. Bags.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: A very public post about a very private matter

Post by Han Held »

Bagheera wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 pm

I am moved by the compassion of the many who have spoken with me regarding my abrupt departure. It is true, I have wrestled with the privacy issues for some time and where the lines are drawn in CDS. I swore to myself I wouldn't get involved in the politics, and then I did. My own weakness manifest.

However, in addition, I am also struggling deeply with a RL issue and the morning I resigned and left, it had all become too much and I just snapped. It is nothing personal and I cherish the friendships I have with each of you, whether I have talked with you privately about this matter or not.

I do miss the community. Maybe when I am in a better frame of mind, I'll make my way back. Until then, be good to each other, be good to your own selves. Love and peace. Bags.

Life happens, and god knows that's an issue I can't exactly cast the first stone on either. I miss your being a part of the community and while I don't agree with you on some issues, I value your insight and more than once you've articulated a view that I hold better than I'm able to myself.

In or out of the CDS; my door's always open! 8)

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Han Held »

Han Held wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:47 pm

and while I don't agree with you on some issues

Actually, that's not even accurate. On the one issue I completely agree, but decided on a different course of action for myself. I understand and respect the way you feel about it. 8)

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

You've been an articulate and valuable member of the CDS community for years, Bagheera. I know you would be - and will be - welcomed back by most of us here. When you are ready, of course.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “General Discussion”