A comment to the LUC transcript of Dec 19th

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

A comment to the LUC transcript of Dec 19th

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8795

Just a reminder that the covenant update for NFS is already written, commented and corrected - LUC just needs to improve it further or pass it. It is in that ominous LUC google drive folder.

To spare you all time and allow for public comments as well, I post the text as self reply below.

To make that clear: if you say it is crap and we do not want it at all, no problem. But somehow we agreed last term it was necessary. In fact we spent quite some time discussing it. So, take it or leave it, lol

Last edited by Tanoujin Milestone on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: A comment to the LUC transcript of Dec 19th

NEW Proposal NFS COVENANT 12 oct

The City of Neufreistadt is modeled after the town Rothenburg ob der Tauber in Bavaria with surrounding valley. There are a lot of simple to google online sources for images to get an idea of the design. The townscape is dominated by medieval builds. Although the time period of the theme is indeterminate, the standard residential and/or commercial house is wooden framework, (German: „Fachwerk“), or in CDS jargon a „Fach“.

There are two types of buildings, structures and lands: private and public. Public buildings are not subject to specific zone or typology guidelines.These buildings and structures are directly administered by the Executive Branch of the CDS.

General guidelines for private builds:

Maximum height 20m
Structural elements can be stone, wood and terracotta
Roofing elements can be wood, slate or terracotta shingles or thatch
External flooring elements can be brick, ceramic, stone or wood
Wall elements can be stone, brick, wood or stucco
Door and window elements can be wood, iron or brass
Glass in small panes
All buildings must have functioning doors.

There are two main zones: outside the city walls (O) and inner city (I).

Zone O guidelines - standard parcels:

Residential only. Commercial activity is prohibited.
Buildings in this zone resemble styles of alpine Europe and should aim to link visually with the style of Alpine Meadows.
Buildings must preserve a distance of 4m to neighbouring plots.
There must be a minimum of 4 trees per 512m2 of plot area.

Zone O guidelines - prim pool parcels

Plots P280-01 trough P280-20 are reserved to supplement the prims of those owners of parcels within the Neufreistadt city walls who have tiny parcels and thus very few prims. One prim parcel can be purchased for each city parcel.

The prim parcels are locked to make sure they are correctly regulated. You can request available parcels from the Estate Managers. If you want still more prims, you would simply buy a normal parcel outside the city walls, and in exchange, you would give up the prim parcel that the normal parcel is now replacing. This would free up the prim parcel for use by someone who cannot afford the expense of purchasing a normal parcel outside the walls to use as a prim parcel.

This exchange is on a parcel by parcel basis, so that for each normal parcel purchased, you would give up one of your owned prim parcels. The purchase of any additional normal parcels would be treated the same, with the exchange of one owned prim parcel for each normal parcel purchased.

The property situation that emerged before 15.10.2017 is grandfathered.

Zone I:

1. A person may not hold more than 2 plots or more than 1024 sqm in the inner city.
2. Commercial and residential use.
3. All plots must have buildings.
4. All buildings must be in Medieval Germanic urban style.
5. All structures must be placed immediately adjacent to a street or connect to it via a path.
6. The houses adjacent to the Platz (Marketplace) must have an entrance facing the Platz. Ground floor must be devoted to commercial purposes, upstairs may be residential. Owners may apply for free use of the Platz area in front of their parcel for moveable objects such as tables or chairs. Those objects must be ‘shared’ with the LV group so they can be moved by the estate Managers if necessary for special events etc.

Redevelopment Project in the Inner City and Consequences

Since the city has become outdated (as of Oct. 2018) and there are very few prefabricated fachwerks, while it is pretty hard for citizens with intermediate building skills to make their own competitive level build for the inner city, the elite builders of CDS have started a renovation project with approval of the Citizenry. In case you want to join this project contact the Chancellor and/or the Guild.

There are three measures taken:

1. The dated houses are replaced with contemporary ones that reflect the latest state of the art.

2. The new houses are anchored to public land, with two effects:
- the land impact of the house does no longer count against the capacity of the parcel, giving inhabitants more headroom to rezz their own interior objects.
- The house can no longer be returned by the parcel owner. Make sure you like what you buy, although there is a script for texture changing in the making, further customizations are quite unlikely to happen.

3. The new houses are „densified“, that is the given 4x4m rectangular parcel grid is ignored where it makes sense and adjacent houses are condensed to block ensembles. This leads to a more realistic look and more space for the inhabitants. The workarounds for rezzing outside the parcel borders are described in a notecard to be found in the Tier Box of those parcels.

Note: this renovation takes place either with the agreement of current owners (you can apply for an update as well), or as parcels become vacant / available and the builders find time to work on them. Nobody who currently owns a building will be forced to give up their property for redevelopment.

These covenants were approved by the 22nd RA, April 19, 2015 and modified by the 27th RA Oct. 15, 2017 and the 29. RA xx xx xxxx

Ian Maclaren
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

I think the new covenant/statement is fine. If its already approved by all those RA's, what's the issue of further approval?

Sudane...............

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

The former approvals relate to the former versions of the covenant that did not include the section with the densification project. It was drafted to be approved by the 29th RA, but this did not happen. We would have to strike the mentioning of the 29th and exchange it with the number of the current RA that is going to approve it.

The sequence was as follows: we agreed the covenant needs a change to fit the ongoing densification. It was set on RA agenda. RA was of the opinion it is not their job to write covenants and forwarded it to the LUC. LUC discussed it, now it seems to be ready for approvement by LUC. So I would expect the LUC approves it by vote and sends it back to the RA. RA passes it, then we can ask the exec to put it in the „about land“ tab and other places where it might shine up.

So if the LUC votes on it on the next meeting and I find it approved in your transcript, I will put it back on RA agenda ;)

edit: see, Sudane, I asked the LUC to do it as LRA, I drafted it as a member of the LUC. I need approvement to avoid the impression I do what I want without control just because I was member of several committees/assemblies. That is always the problem if you wear several hats. Sorry for being bureaucratic, but I need a proper formal procedure.

Ian Maclaren
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

I'm ready to vote 'aye' on this at the next RA meeting.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

As a member of neither the LUC or the RA, but as a fan of Sudane's builds, I hope this gets all the proper blessings soon. What you have written looks very good, Tan!

Return to “General Discussion”