Google+ content

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Google+ content

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Yesterday I received the following mesage from the Google+ Team:

You’ve received this email because you have content in Google+ for your personal (consumer) account or a Google+ page you manage.

This is a reminder that on April 2, 2019 we’re shutting down consumer Google+ and will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts. Photos and videos from Google+ in your Album Archive and your Google+ pages will also be deleted.

Downloading your Google+ content may take time, so get started before March 31, 2019.

No other Google products (such as Gmail, Google Photos, Google Drive, YouTube) will be shut down as part of the consumer Google+ shutdown, and the Google Account you use to sign in to these services will remain. Note that photos and videos already backed up in Google Photos will not be deleted.

For more information, see the full Google+ shutdown FAQ.

I´m a bloody Newb when it comes to google+ and only use it when I have no other choice :D
But this message made me wonder if we are in danger to loose content at our CDS Google account.

Can someone who is more experienced than me please have a look at this and take action if needed?

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Han Held
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Google+ content

Post by Han Held »

There's almost nothing on our G+ page, is there? I don't think it's much of a problem.

As far as I know, this doesn't affect google sheets or google drive which are things we do use extensively.

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"

Return to “General Discussion”