TED Talks - Weekly Discussion Day and Time?

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

TED Talks - Weekly Discussion Day and Time?

Post by Lyubov »

I have recently started a weekly discussion series using TED Talks. TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a lecture series that features prominent speakers on a broad array of timely subjects. The talks are always under 20 minutes long, and video and transcripts are provided. They may be viewed on ted.com and also on TED's YouTube channel.

I need some help to schedule a regular day and time for our discussions. While I have received a great deal of interest and support for the concept, I am struggling to find a day and time that would accommodate most people. I have tried Sunday at 1400 SLT and most recently Sunday at 1600 SLT.

If you are interested in this discussion series, what days and times work best for you? One hour should be sufficient. The primary constraint is to avoid conflicts with other CDS activities.

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Re: TED Talks - Weekly Discussion Day and Time?

Post by Delia Lake »

I'm excited to have a discussion group in the CDS again. For a number of years in the CDS, Widget Whiteberry produced Virtually Speaking. It was an always interesting, high quality weekly discussion about important issues. Sunday late afternoon or early evening does work for me and I am open to other times as well. If you are interested in participating, please let us know what days and times work best for you.

Return to “General Discussion”