Historical document - 2/7/14 LA building request notecard

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Historical document - 2/7/14 LA building request notecard

Post by Bagheera »

February 7, 2014

To: Rosie Gray, Guildmeister
and Distinguished Members of the RA (Rosie, Tor, Cleo, Shep, Gwyn):
and Lilith Ivory

This notecard is 2 parts.

PART ONE - Guild negotiations for compensation

I spoke with LIlith, who is standing in for Calli as head of SC while Calli is away, to sort out the proper way to negotiate compensation to the Guild for work performed by the Guild. Here is the crux of our conversation:

= = = = = =

[2014/02/03 13:56] Bagheera Kristan: OH! I wanted to ask your advice - or the counsel of the SC...(I feel like I am making some things up as I go along LOL) Rosie and I were going to come up with some agreement for how work by the Guild would be compensated by the government and also how builds would be transferred for archiving. My concern is Rosie is RA, you are SC, Calli is SC.... since my intent was to have some sort of compensation.. how can this agreement be done so we aren't violating any of the restrictions on compensation for RA? (and SC?)

Lilith Ivory: I think the RA should decide about it while Rosie as guild master abstains from her right to vote

Bagheera Kristan: yes.. what Rosie and I discussed was, I am to give her a list of what I want built and then she'll call the meeting so people can go over the list and choose what they want to do

Lilith Ivory: /me nods

Bagheera Kristan: so I will get the list together - give it to Rosie - at the same time, tell Rosie that the RA and the Guild should do the contract, not me (?) did I get that right?

Lilith Ivory: I think so.

= = = = = = =

PART TWO - List of items for the Guild to consider working on for Locus Amoenus

Not all the items need to be done by the Guild. Items can be augmented by Marketplace purchases or contracts with other builders.

At present, All the prims I have created have been set to Land Verwaltang and share with group, so group members ought to be able to move, or change what they want to keep. Instead of returning prims, if they are not going to be used - just set their Z elevations 300+ wherever they are now and I will pick them up.

All builds need to ultimately become the property of the CDS government with - at a minimum - no copy with a back up copy (2 each). Fishing village buildings are required to be mod/copy. The government is prepared to compensate the Guild &/or builders for their work. If the Guild &/or builders want to donate their creations, their donation is welcome...and the builder (of course) retains the right to sell versions of what they create for CDS to others.

1. Fishing village builds - there are three parcel shapes of 256 meters.

a) 16x16 square - there is - at present - just one of these - item c) might also become one of these.
b) 12x20 main area with a 4x4 square protruding from the front right corner if one is facing the building from the water
c) 12x20 main area with a 4x4 square protruding from the right side (I will probably have to show you this one, and this one faces into the area where I had talked about a roundabout - which could change.. more about that later/below)

The most critical need is 1 each of a) and b) and then build modularly (as below) or alternative builds.

Criteria for these, above and beyond covenant:

Each parcel supports 116 prims. The builds should use no more than 66 prims and preferably less (so that the owner has at least 50 prims to play with) My original standard was closer to 40 prims LI - if you can achieve that without sacrificing "fishing village charm" - that would be wonderful !

These are mixed use - if you go with the "modular" wishlist item below, this is less critical - but please build these so they can work either as shops or residences or both. My demo build was 3 floors and rooftop access - builders can design whatever they wish, just please remember they need to be attractive to prospective owners, not just for presently known citizens, but in the future on the open market.

This is a wishlist - not a requirement - but IF builders want to collaborate and make this a modular design, which options that can be interchanged between buildings, that would be ideal (a real world equivalent would be when someone wants to buy a travel trailer that comes with different floor plans and alternate door and window placements which can be mixed and matched). Doing this also means that future residents don't have to be stuck with the build that came with their parcel, but can mix and match to get what they want.. so even if this isn't the first thing that is done, this would be good for the sim's marketability.. so I see this being a good long term project for the Guild, if there is interest.

Almost every fishing village building has one shared wall on the longside, so collaborate between builders on window placement...also on shapes.. builders might want to not use the entire parcel shape or switch up floors..

Collaboration on colors and shapes - the real Tuscan fishing villages are brightly colored, so it would be great to see that - but also harmony between the colors - maybe work with a color palette system to come up with, example: five compatible colors

My demonstration building design had upper walkways which Garnet is worried went past bedroom windows...actually, in my design they did not in front of the top floor except at the upper gate

Overall prim count for items 2 & 3 below should not exceed 800 prims combined (preferably less - 800 is a real maximum)

2) Quay expansion and Bridge - I am happy to dictate how this should be configured, but I would love for this to be more a collaborative effort if the Guild is interested. What I am hearing from citizens is they wanted a larger central meeting place, so I have expanded the Quay and enlarged the bridge. Lam has expressed that he would like greenery in this area and many central paved areas in Mediterranean countries have park areas integrated, so I am hoping to get some greenery in here. The bridge can be widened and made into something inviting and magnficent (while balanced in its location). The Quay has always been the center of Locus Amoenus and it continues to be a natural extension of the fishing village, so it will be the primary "town square" for LA.

3) Entrance area from Colonia Nova on the North side. I had originally suggested a 20 meter diameter roundabout with fountain, however I realized there is a lot more open space here, so if someone has something more expansive, I am open to ideas. If not, then, a 20meter diameter roundabout with fountain, tree and/or statue please I have already put a curve in the road as a suggestion. There is a fishing village parcel here (item (c) above).. however that layout can be changed (while keeping the parcel size to 256m for economic reasons)

4) North cliffs - I have used Skye studios mesh cliffs kit to put something down, but it would be wonderful if someone is inspired to create some custom cliffs for this edge of the sim.

5) Roads and paths - I have been experimenting with mesh paths and textures by Marketplace makers...however I do also have the JVC land map system that can make custom meshes - in which case, what would be needed is help making custom path textures. Not a priority - a wish list item

6) Seawalls with stairs.. I have put in place prims to show the configuration and flow for these walls and stairs...however my prims and definitely my textures were never meant to be the final final say. My stairs are primmy - so please improve the stairs first - then if you want to make the walls more craggy.

Three points -
a) the open area in front of the 16x16 square parcel is intended to be some small patio meeting place, so needs a feature - tree, fountain or statue - and seating. It overlooks the small island that is the center of the sim.

b) the double level of the seawall is deliberate, however the arches are suggestions only, if someone has a better idea for how to support the upper level, I am game to change it. (the original idea it was based on is in Portofino and the upper level is just supported with plain poles)

c) the inland end of the seawall - the lower level goes down to the boats - the upper level at present is not finished.. it can just end there as some kind of lookout spot and/or become the entrance to the last parcel or wrap around to land.

7) Liveaboard boats - I put this 2nd last because I don't know if any of the Guild are boat builders or want to tackle this...if yes, great! Dimensions are 12meters wide for all liveaboard parcels with leeway for government builds themselves to extend slightly beyond land borders (for the curve) as each liveaboard has at least 4m open water on the sides. Liveaboard lengths are 24meters and 32 meters.

8) Estate builds (28x44 parcel size) - I put this last as land owners may want to use their own Tuscan builds or things they find off the Marketplace. It would be nice, but not necessary, for the CDS government to have something prefab to offer the homeless Comte & Comtessa.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”