Chancellor's Update 10 May 2014

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Chancellor's Update 10 May 2014

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

We had a busy start to the month with lots of visitors to our regions during the Floralia festival over the weekend. We are now into the election campaign for the next Chancellor and 21st Representative Assembly term.

• Floralia
    A big 'thank you' to all of our wonderful volunteers who made Floralia such a success this year. I'm so impressed by what we managed to achieve! Three sporting events, two live music concerts, a poetry reading, a temple, Maypole dancing and a treasure hunt. We had less time than was optimum to maximise our publicity (lesson learnt for next time!) but the turnout from citizens and non-citizens alike was generally really good.

LA Rebuild
    We are on track to complete the infrastructure rebuild (including the fishing village) by the end of May. I've met with Vic and Cadence and Rosie to discuss the requirements for the rebuild and Vic's buildings are close to completion. Cadence's work will appear on the sites too in the next week or so. Once the election campaign is concluded and we have a new RA in place I'd like to see the RA approve any covenant changes that might be needed to take into account the "Houseboat" plots. There's a discussion on the forums about this here:
    http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4470

10th Birthday Celebrations
    Due to the volume of work on 'Floralia' and the LA Rebuild I haven't been able to convene any in world meetings on this topic yet. I think we can continue to make good progress in our discussions here on the forums and begin in world discussions once the elections are over and we have a Chancellor and RA in place for the next key six month period.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”