Chancellors Commencement Announcement

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Chancellors Commencement Announcement

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Thank you to everyone who voted and to those who elected me as Chancellor. I ran on a platform of teamwork and my opponent on building bridges. The race was close but let’s make sure all of us in CDS win this term by making it the best ever.

The CDS Constitution says ‘The Chancellor of CDS shall, subject to the laws of CDS, have the power: ………to appoint and pay deputies or other staff to hold office in the Office of the Chancellor of CDS to facilitate the discharge of any function of the Office of the Chancellor conferred by this Act or any other Act of the Representative Assembly;’. Under the authority of this part of the constitution my first act as Chancellor today June 1st 2014 is to appoint Bagheera Kristan as a deputy. She will be known as Vice Chancellor and will be assisting me in directing a team of Estate Managers responsible for land management in CDS. I have been preparing for office by meeting with a number of CDS citizens some of whom have graciously agreed to join the Chancellors team to help provide services.

Much of the day to day responsibility of the running of CDS is placed in the executive office and although the powers of the executive are great the office is also required to perform a large number of duties to ensure CDS runs optimally. Our true purpose is to serve you the citizens of CDS. Having been elected to make sure this happens I will, with the assistance of Bagheera, appoint a team to ensure we can provide all the services to you the citizens. I will provide further details of this team this week.

Locus Amoenus
There has been a lot of discussion about Locus Amoenus. I therefore intend to provide clarity about the remaining time line. I have spoken with the people who have been involved in the build of the fishing village and have been asked by some to allow a further week so that the builds they are working on can be completed. Other builders are complete which is great news.
Part of the original plan, based on discussions during CDS-wide planning sessions over the past two years, was for the fishing village to be similar in administration to the inner city of NFS. The vision for the LA fishing village was to have a few different builds available for citizens to choose from when they took possession of a parcel. Builders will be asked to provide copies of their builds to the archivist avatar ‘Archie’. We will place the builds in rezzers so that prospective plot purchasers will be able to look at the selections available for their new homes before they make a choice.

We are happy to take requests for fishing village parcels over the next two weeks. If there are multiple requests for the same parcel we will select the next owner at random from the list. The intention is to let everyone who would like a parcel an opportunity to have one so allocation will be on the basis of one person one plot until all initial requests have been satisfied. I hope we have enough parcels to satisfy demand, but I look forward to the RA asking CDS to develop a new sim as the referendum overwhelmingly suggested.

SL11Birthday
Right out of the starting gate we have the SL11B. Pat accepted the invitation during his term. I’m delighted to ask him to work with me closely to run the event. Meetings on this will start June 1st at noon SLT (Amphitheatre) and everyone is invited to participate. I have asked Pat to pass me any notes or meeting records so that I have a clear understanding of the work done so far. This is a fantastic opportunity to join with the entire SL community and also showcase what is great about CDS, especially as we enter our tenth anniversary year.

CDS 10th anniversary
This is another great opportunity for us all to unite and celebrate what citizens have achieved over the past 10 years and to look forward to the next 10 with anticipation. I would like to ask you all to think how you can be involved. I will be looking shortly at how the Chancellors team can assist the other branches of government to make this anniversary year a celebration worthy of this important occasion.

Events
I have appointed a number of people to help serve as Public Information Officers and events coordinators. This team will be moving forward to ensure that new or potential citizens are made aware of what CDS is, how they can use all the facilities we have to offer, and what they should do get help if they need it. In other words to make sure people feel welcome!
They will also be looking at events and will publish an event calendar in the coming weeks. We hope to provide some fantastic opportunities to enjoy CDS.

The goal of this executive team is to serve all the citizens of CDS
The executive team is put together for one purpose and that is to serve the entirety of CDS, both those who voted for me, those who voted for Pat and those who didn’t vote at all. Let’s all keep in mind both campaign slogans as we move forward into the 10th anniversary term and for every one of us to continue walking the democratic path the founders set us on 10 years ago.

‘Building Bridges because team work matters’

There will be many opportunities for people to participate this term. We have more bridges to build, we can do that if we are all one CDS team, and it will take each and every one of us. Please feel free to give us any input or any request, my door is always open.

Ceasar Xigalia
Chancellor

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”