Chancellors speech Inaugural Ball

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Chancellors speech Inaugural Ball

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I am honored and humbled to be elected Chancellor in this the 10th anniversary year of CDS. I would like to thank Bagheera Kristan, Vice Chancellor. As you know she was not formally elected but from the time the decision was made for us to work as a team we have collaborated by joining forces to do what is best for CDS.

The significance of this term and the magnitude of responsibility the citizens have placed on us will stay in the forefront of our minds throughout the term. This coupled with the fact, that our victory was achieved by a difference of only a few votes leaves us with the task of drawing together everyone in CDS to achieve a common goal.

There has been a degree of polarization in our community and concern for people's rights, whichever side of the political divide you are on. I have been asked in the last few days whether I intend to do the best for CDS. My answer was 'of course', however the question is now, how with this polarisation do we make this happen. As you have seen Bagheera and I can easily build a bridge in Locus Amoenus without anyones help. It will take the cooperation of the community for us all to build the bridges between people. So how am I going to serve CDS as a whole and do my best for you all.

I was elected on a platform of teamwork, transparency and open government, positive improvements to the workings of the executive branch, the promotion and growth of CDS, citizen participation, the separation of powers in government, a promise about imminent domain, citizen inclusion in any sim design process, and government by policy and process. I intend to use all of these ideas and guiding principles, in a fair way, for every citizen, to ensure that CDS remains on its democratic course and that we remain a nation governed by the rule of law.

At the start of my term I saw the need to clarify with the SC the constitution and law governing the end and start of Chancellor terms of office. I was determined only to take office only when it was legal for me to do so. I will continue to respect the rule of law as I move through my term.

On a lighter note the opportunities for us to come together as a unified community to make the tenth anniversary year a great one in CDS history excites both me, Bagheera and my team as we continue to serve you all over the coming months.

I would like to thank Bagheera Kristan our Vice Chancellor for supporting my campaign for election and for her sterling work as Chancellor in the first half of the 20th RA term. I would also like to thank Pat for his work as Chancellor for the six weeks following the by election and for putting on this magnificent ball.

I would like to thank all the members of the 20th RA for their service to CDS over the last six months. And finally I hope you will all join me in congratulating the members of the new 21st RA as they take up the challenge of making CDS the best place to live and participate in virtual community.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”