Chancellors RA update

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Chancellors RA update

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

CHANCELLORS ADDRESS TO THE FIRST SESSION OF THE 21ST REPRESENTATIVE ASSEMBLY

Thank you Madam LRA, members of the RA, CDS citizens and visitors here today.

The first eleven days of my term in office have been full of transitional tasks, activities working on the new fishing village parcels, the SL11 birthday, setting up a new administration, to name a few. I have prioritized the time I spend on these activities for CDS and appreciate everyone’s patience, as I establish the executive team and set up internal policies and procedures as I simultaneously fulfill the day to day duties that the Chancellor’s office is assigned.

My first action when elected was to spend time reviewing the CDS constitution and all laws that reference the chancellor’s office and its duties. I also reviewed the tools needed to perform such duties. As I pledged when I took the oath of office, I will endeavor to do my best to perform the duties of the job and follow the law of CDS, to the benefit of CDS citizens, its future citizens, and the ongoing future of CDS.

CDS LAND MANAGERS
On day 1 of my term, I became fully responsibility for the running of the actual sims and the land management of CDS. It was essential that I had the ability to execute this duty, the tools to do so, the ability to manage and control what happens in the sims and CDS land for which I am accountable. The powers to execute the duties of the Land Management function of the Executive Office lie in several areas. The Land Verwaltung group, the Estate Management tools of the sim, the Hippo system and the land scanner information. These are four separate tools that help the CDS Estate Managers perform their duties. Since I am responsible for the activities of the people with these tools I took the action to make sure I was able to control and oversee what happened with them. I did this immediately when I took office since I had responsibility over the sims and land management.

The CDS constitution states that the Chancellor is not able to hold any government office outside of the Executive Branch. I interpret that to mean no one who is in the direct employ of the Chancellor is allowed to serve on the RA or the SC. Taking that factor into account, I made some initial appointments to enable the Executive Branch the immediate ability to do its job. I requested that other citizens who wished to assist let me know.

I responded to a request by citizens to cover all time zones and accepted Nolligan Nino’s gracious offer to cover the Asian Pacific Time Zone as a CDS Estate Manager. I can report now that USA/European and Asian time zones are all covered with exceptional people. There is no one employed by the Executive Branch who serves in the other branches of government.

The tools abilities and powers explained :

LV Group

I took immediate action to make sure that the roles of the LV group, since it controls CDS government land, had clearly designated divisions and were properly assigned so that people in the group had the abilities they should have per the law. I made two statements on the forums about this and requested that anyone who felt they lost an ability contact me to discuss how their issue could be resolved.

I removed from the Executive Branch group roles those people who had served the previous administration, added those who were part of the new administration and retained those who served both.

Estate Manager / private estate tool
Upon taking office, in order to ensure that the people who were under my administration had the tools they needed to keep the sims up, I first removed the ability to use the tool from the past administrations’ employees and added the new administration’s CDS Estate Managers to the role of “Estate Manager” on the land management tool for the private sim. This gets somewhat confusing because the job title of the employees of the executive team is “ CDS Estate Manager” and there is a tool that a private sim has which allows a sim owner to designate people the role of “Estate Manager” which gives an enormous amount of power over all five sims and is an On or Off setting within the private sim tools. In order for the CDS Estate Mangers that work for the executive branch to perform the full duties of their position they are also required to have abilities far above that of an ordinary citizen or even a member of the SC or the RA. They require BOTH the EM tool AND roles in the LV group to perform their full duties. Such things as being able to set a parcel for sale, deal with abandoned land, pass through parcel ban lines, see who rezzed objects on public land and when, identify land ownership, etc. These things have to be limited to a certain number of people in order for one person, the Chancellor, to be held responsible for what happens with them. Keep in mind I do not believe I can recruit members of the SC or RA, which I believe violates the law I am sworn to uphold. My selections for this role satisfy the separation of duties (identified in my manifesto), and allows me the ability to manage the people who serve in the Executive Branch. To reiterate, I believe it would be difficult for me to “supervise” the LRA, or any other official in another branch of government, if they were to be appointed to a role under my supervision.

Hippo System
The hippo system manages the tier payments for parcels in CDS. The ability to manage this system is needed by the CDS Estate Managers to perform their duties. I made the same transitional changes to the management of this system as I have outlined above. In the spirit of transparency I set the boxes so that any citizen could view land in arrears and parcel owners.

Land scanner
I also removed individuals from past administrations from receiving emails from the land scanners. The information is made public to all citizens on this link. http://www.tospitimou.com/landscanner/v ... DIRECTIONS

THE CDS ESTATE MANAGERS
The CDS estate managers will be supervised by the Vice Chancellor who reports directly to me. I am fully responsible for the activities of the department.

In light of the fact that the CDS sims are full and land is at high demand I would like everyone to have a fair opportunity to obtain land if they are interested in doing so. I have created a policy that will ensure that fair distribution of land occurs. When a citizen owned parcel reverts to CDS ownership the availability of that parcel will be announced via the CDS group as well as the forums for a period of at least 72 hours, giving anyone interested in the parcel the ability to place their name on a list. A random choice will be made to establish who receives the parcel, should more than one person be interested. If no one expresses interest, the land will be set for public sale and the PIO team will be informed as they have the duty to promote CDS. Private sales of land by citizens will not be affected by this policy.

We will be doing a region wide cleanup as well, as you have been informed of by Bagheera on the forums. This is necessary to continue to preserve our sim resources because over the years many people have rezzed things on common land and in the sky. Please the Chancellors office if you need to rez anything on public land. This cleanup will allow the sims to function in the most efficient way for everyone. If you have prims returned and have questions about that contact me or one of the CDS EMs and the situation will be explained and resolved. We will attempt to inform citizens of returns ahead of time, but that may not always be possible. Please be patient.

LOCUS AMOEUNUS COMPLETION
I inherited LA with some houses on them that were mostly finished but not in the Archive yet. I was able to obtain copies of houses built by Vic last week, and have yet to have copies of the ones built by Cadence Theas. Cadence and I are both finishing the builds and have stated we will have them with to the Archivist as soon as possible. Those will be given to the CDS Archive as soon as that work is complete. (As you might guess I have not had much time to build in the past few weeks.)

I set up a process for distributing the land in LA fairly, coordinated with the Dean of the SC on this matter, and announced that the parcels are to be set for sale in the coming week. I posted this on the forums and sent several group notices. I placed a sign with a notecard giver near the parcels inworld.

After the fishing village parcels are set for sale, my administration will continue to coordinate putting the finishing touches on the sim per the directive of the RA last term.

GOVERNMENT QUESTION HOUR SCHEDULE
The first meeting was held on June 9, 2014

I will shortly schedule the meetings for the rest of the term which will give the other branches of government an opportunity to sign up to attend and meet the citizens.

PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICERS
This term has great need for PIOs in CDS. I felt compelled to staff this position with four people as the needs are so great for this term. Being responsible for the Executive Branch during both the tenth birthday celebrations and the potentially building a new sim, among other things, it seemed imperative that the PIO duties of the Executive Branch were able to be fulfilled.

1. NEW CITIZENS: New materials, processes and procedures are needed to orient new citizens to CDS. I inherited no new citizen orientation process and feel the need, especially with a new sim possibly on the horizon, to create from scratch activities policies and materials that will ensure that new citizens are adequately greeted, educated and fully oriented to CDS upon arrival. And additionally to have people available to work directly with the new citizens.
2. EVENTS: Day to day events, weekly re-occurring events in CDS become more important as we have a larger more active population.
3. SPECIAL EVENTS: There will be many special events this term that the PIO team will be involved in and will need extra attention .
4. NEW SIM: Grid wide promotion of CDS will be more important than ever as we prepare to open a new sim and make ourselves able to draw new citizens who are aware of CDS and what living in a democracy means, both its responsibilities and benefits. The PIOs will need to be directly involved in this activity.

Keep in mind, the idea is not that they are the ONLY ones working to do these things in CDS, my administration is geared toward allowing citizens to participate in as many things in CDS as they desire. I and the PIO team wish to facilitate the ability of any other citizens who want to help in these areas.

To date I have appointed a team and have begun to orient them to the positions they hold. We will be meeting very soon to establish specific goals, duties and time lines. These meetings will happen regularly, the agendas will be sent to the PIO team ahead of the meeting.

SL11 Birthday Celebration
On June 1st I was handed the SL11 Birthday celebration. The previous administration had made application to the SL11 Birthday celebration so that CDS could participate. A theme was decided, a parcel was reserved and a decision had been made that we would not participate in any of the stage events during the birthday celebration. I asked if anything else had been done and was told that no other work had been done on the SL11 birthday celebration. Since I felt responsible for the end result of this event and the transparency of the process as well as the ability for all citizens to participate I made an ambitious commitment to make this an event that would bring CDS citizens together to achieve a common goal, and truly represent the entire population of CDS at the moment. I want to thank the over thirty citizens who have attended meetings in preparation for the event and a very special thanks to Jerry Don Lane who added CDS back in to the list of presenters at the stage events as well. I look forward to seeing a great turnout of people manning the booth as well as putting together the final presentation and participating in the events related to this. There are many forum threads and all of the meeting minutes posted about this celebration. It is not too late to participate, so contact me if you are interested in doing something to help.

THE NEXT FIVE MONTHS
TENTH ANNIVERSARY The CDS tenth anniversary celebrations will commence planning immediately after the SL 11 birthday is done. I look forward to coordinating this with all branches of government and suggest a time frame for the celebration to commence with a kick off event on July 31, 2014, the tenth anniversary of the Linden proposal launch, with a crescendo leading to the actual birthday of September 20th celebration, with highlights continuing through the end of this term. This is for each and every one of the CDS citizens to feel a part of and enjoy!

July 31 2004 Haney Linden launches project for communities wishing to preserve the snow sims/ kick off 10th anniversary celebration
September 12 2004 Proposal Approved, 10 year anniversary celebration
September 20 2004 Land in Anzere, 10 th Birthday of CDS Celebration!
Tenth anniversary size celebration of Oktoberfest !
November 14 2004 Provisional Government, 10th anniversary
Grid wide exposure of CDS, the ability for all citizens to participate as they desire, and a good time to be had by each and every one of us is the goal of these events.

I look forward to working with the other branches of government in any way possible in the celebration of the TENTH anniversary of CDS.

BUDGET
I am currently finalising the budget and will have it with the LRA Friday.

Thank you very much.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”