Government Question Hour Monday June 9th 2014

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Government Question Hour Monday June 9th 2014

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

[19:00] Ceasar Xigalia: I will be recording the meeting for the record
[19:00] Ceasar Xigalia: thank you all for attending
[19:00] Ceasar Xigalia: This is the first of a weekly meeting to meet with government
[19:01] Ceasar Xigalia: I will quickly post the law so we can see why we are doing this
[19:01] Ceasar Xigalia: Government Question Hour Act

Rationale:

In order to make the government more accessible this Act establishes an informal Government Question Hour with at least one government ‘official’ present each week. These meetings will be open to all CDS residents to come and ask questions. The hours will rotate to suit the RL hours of our community.

The Chancellor is charged with establishing a weekly Goverment Question Hour. All members of the government (Executive, Legislative and Philosophical branches) will be invited to attend with at least one official attending each week.
The Chancellor is charged with facilitating representation from all three branches at least once a month.
The Chancellor will rotate the hours of the Government Question Hour to take into account the different time zones of the CDS community and to ensure representation from the different branches of government.
Meetings will be chaired by (one of) the official(s) present and will be open to all citizens to
[19:01] Ceasar Xigalia: attend.

http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/bran ... e-of-laws/
[19:01] Ceasar Xigalia: Also I do believe its a good thing for us to have open sessions where the branches of govt can answer questions
[19:02] Ceasar Xigalia: welcome to Aliasi and Cleo for attending
[19:02] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: ty
[19:02] Ceasar Xigalia: I'm happy if one of you wishes to chair the meeting or I can if you wish
[19:03] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: no thank you
[19:03] Aliasi Stonebender: technically it's your show, we're just here to help answer relevant questions.
[19:03] Ceasar Xigalia: ok ty
[19:03] Ceasar Xigalia: well I will open the floor to questions
[19:03] Ceasar Xigalia: :)
[19:03] Widget Whiteberry wonders which section(s) of the Law Ceasar is directing us to see
[19:04] Ceasar Xigalia: NL 7-1
[19:04] Ceasar Xigalia: and I posted the content in chat
[19:05] Shep (Shep Titian): I have a question .. going by other conversations I've had
[19:05] Ceasar Xigalia listens
[19:05] Shep (Shep Titian): k
[19:06] Shep (Shep Titian): While agreeing this is a good step .. why did you not talk to RA or SC before arranging it
[19:06] Ceasar Xigalia: I actually spoke with Calli
[19:07] Ceasar Xigalia: unfortunately Cadence was away from sl this last weekend
[19:07] Shep (Shep Titian): About a member needing to be here?
[19:07] Ceasar Xigalia: so I posted the meeting and the law on the forums for all to see
[19:07] Shep (Shep Titian): No one informed Soro
[19:07] Ceasar Xigalia: The meetings have to happen weekly according to the law so I didnt think it could wait
[19:08] Aliasi Stonebender: It might be better to give a little more notice in the future, or to at least establish a regular day even if the time should rotate.
[19:08] Ceasar Xigalia: There will be plenty of meetings in the coming weeks
[19:08] Ceasar Xigalia: pleae keep in mind this is day nine of my term so there are lots of things to organise
[19:08] AbbyRose Abbot: I agree about advance notice so people can schedule to be here.
[19:09] Ceasar Xigalia: I posted a note in the group last night and the notice on the forums
[19:09] Shep (Shep Titian): If you need the others to represent .. give them the changs of arranging things
[19:09] Ceasar Xigalia: these meetings will be weekly and scheduled ahead of time
[19:09] Shep (Shep Titian): Notices are not good enough lol
[19:09] Ceasar Xigalia: I plan to post one month at a time as we get organised
[19:09] AbbyRose Abbot: A week, three days before and an hour before usually allows people to get a notice if they have capped notices.
[19:10] Shep (Shep Titian): You NEED representatives
[19:10] Ceasar Xigalia: please keep an eye on the events section
[19:10] Ceasar Xigalia: thank you for the good turn out at such short notice
[19:10] Shep (Shep Titian): What I'm getting at is .. the RA and SC are not yours to just call them by note
[19:11] Shep (Shep Titian): You need to engage with all of them
[19:11] Ceasar Xigalia: let me direct you to the Dean of the SCs post on this matter
[19:12] Ceasar Xigalia: 'Since the Chancellor's job is administrative, the task of scheduling the meetings falls to the Chancellor, but the law requires the citizenry to have access to someone from each arm of government for questions, at least once per month, resulting in that title.
'
[19:12] Shep (Shep Titian): I saw it
[19:12] Ceasar Xigalia: Thats from Calli on the forums
[19:13] Shep (Shep Titian): To me scheduling involves talking to people
[19:13] Shep (Shep Titian): Not giving them a done deal
[19:13] Ceasar Xigalia: ty Shep are there any more questions
[19:13] Aliasi Stonebender: Shep, while you make a good point, let's not fauly Ceasar for actually trying to meet his obligations.
[19:13] Delia Lake: What we used to do was that the Chancellor would send out the notices but at least 1x a month an SC member, usually me, and also 1x a month an RA member and 1x a month the Chancellor, with the 4th up for grabs for government host
[19:13] AbbyRose Abbot: Hopefully, that will be resolved once the PIO's meet and take rolls.
[19:13] Aliasi Stonebender: Previous chancellors under the law did not always do it so well or regularly.
[19:14] Ceasar Xigalia: I am glad all 3 branches are here tonight
[19:15] Ceasar Xigalia: does anyone else have any questions for the three of us
[19:15] Shep (Shep Titian): Sounds good Delia .. everyone knowing what's what :)
[19:15] AbbyRose Abbot: I got a notice today.
[19:15] Catz Jewell Lane (Catz Jewell): I thought i saw a notice last night
[19:15] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: you did catz:)
[19:16] Catz Jewell Lane (Catz Jewell): ok so im not crazy then, lol
[19:16] JerryDon Lane: Yes....a notice was sent
[19:16] AbbyRose Abbot: Guais sent out a notice about a parade at Roma. I am wondering if it would be ok or if people want to work on a CDS Float/Floats for that parade?
[19:17] Catz Jewell Lane (Catz Jewell): when is this parade Abby?
[19:17] Ceasar Xigalia: who are you asking the question of Abby?
[19:18] Ceasar Xigalia: Does any one want to get involved with the CDS Roma float?
[19:18] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: Has roma invited us to make a float abby ?
[19:19] Molly Medier: May I ask what is Roma
[19:19] AbbyRose Abbot: Yes.
[19:19] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: ROMA is a set of simes, the owner Torin used to live in CDS he built a lot of the origail colonia nova
[19:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Apologies for being late. ㋡
[19:19] AbbyRose Abbot: Guais sent out a notice this morning about a parade and making floats for the parade for the 28th.
[19:19] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: i guess they are having a parade.
[19:19] Catz Jewell Lane (Catz Jewell): Dont we have enough on our plate now? SL birthday, our birthday
[19:19] Ceasar Xigalia: welcome G
[19:20] Molly Medier: Thank you Cleo
[19:20] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: well we have sl 11 and then the 10th for CDS :)
[19:20] AbbyRose Abbot: I think it could be a fun project and a goodwill gesture to participate.
[19:20] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: I would say to get some details about it
[19:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Those are government initiatives, however. The CDS does not need to have a government initiative for a few private citizens to organise a float in a different community and estate ㋡
[19:21] AbbyRose Abbot: Gaius is here. Perhaps he can give us float/parade info?
[19:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): And indeed a few citizens, because the max for a float is 5.
[19:21] AbbyRose Abbot: Hi Colt. *hugs*
[19:21] Molly Medier: ah I see
[19:21] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: hi colt !
[19:21] Molly Medier: but if it would represent our CDS then should
[19:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I can give as much info as I have, Abby - I'm waiting on the info and rules NC from above. ;)
[19:21] Catz Jewell Lane (Catz Jewell): Hi Colt
[19:22] Colt Shostakovich (Coltrane Shostakovich): hi everyne
[19:22] Molly Medier: ji Colt
[19:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): From a CDS perspective, yes, Molly, it should.
[19:22] Ceasar Xigalia: lets talk about it when you have more details :)
[19:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): That said, there will be some people from the CDS who will not be able to attend and take part.
[19:22] JerryDon Lane: Hi Colt
[19:22] Widget Whiteberry: Are we talking about establishing a CDS presence in this parade?
[19:22] Shep (Shep Titian): Hi Colt
[19:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Yes, that'd be a better idea ㋡
[19:22] AbbyRose Abbot: Yes, Widget.
[19:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): @Widget, it's an open invitation for CDS citizens to organise a float
[19:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Or a few floats. It depends.
[19:23] Ceasar Xigalia: I think G is saying CDS citizens
[19:24] AbbyRose Abbot: I think it would be a great way of advertising CDS and show goodwill toward other places Events.
[19:24] Delia Lake: ROMA is an old community too. It could actually fit with our 10th anniversary plans and promos if there were people who would work on a float
[19:24] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: ROMA and CDS are very closely connected actually
[19:24] AbbyRose Abbot: :-) yes, Delia.
[19:24] Molly Medier: so agree Delia
[19:24] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: CN is the first full roman residential sim
[19:25] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: and torin built a lot of it
[19:25] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: he owns roma
[19:25] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: He was a citizen fro a long time.
[19:25] Ceasar Xigalia: does any one else have a question?
[19:26] AbbyRose Abbot: Will there be a formal meeting to bring together the PIO's?
[19:27] Ceasar Xigalia: I sent you all a notecard yesterday
[19:27] Ceasar Xigalia: so yes we are going to meet
[19:27] Molly Medier: yes and it seemed rather involved :((
[19:27] Ceasar Xigalia: thats why we have a team, not just one of you :)
[19:28] Molly Medier: ah ok :)
[19:28] Ceasar Xigalia: PIO team
[19:28] Ceasar Xigalia: anything else?
[19:28] AbbyRose Abbot: yes, I have one more question.
[19:29] AbbyRose Abbot: sorry.....
[19:29] Ceasar Xigalia listens
[19:29] AbbyRose Abbot: Is there a way to give people limited EM rights, that have the knowledge in case the appointed EM's are not online?
[19:30] AbbyRose Abbot: not me......
[19:30] Ceasar Xigalia: no this isnt
[19:30] Ceasar Xigalia: possible
[19:30] AbbyRose Abbot: It's either all or no?
[19:30] Ceasar Xigalia: yes it is
[19:30] AbbyRose Abbot: ok.
[19:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I have a question, if you're finished Abby ㋡
[19:31] Ceasar Xigalia: ok G
[19:31] Shep (Shep Titian): Simple to give perms and take them away again
[19:32] Ceasar Xigalia: Someone either has an Estate Management role or not
[19:32] Aliasi Stonebender: yeah, the best you can do is give people GROUP permissions and have public land assigned to that group.
[19:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): What are your own plans for the new sims envisioned by the recent referendum, Caesar?
[19:32] Ceasar Xigalia: its a private sim setting
[19:32] Aliasi Stonebender used to EM a couple of different sims, so is familiar with how the tools work.
[19:32] Ceasar Xigalia: My own plans are to follow the instruction of the RA
[19:32] Ceasar Xigalia: with regard to new sims
[19:33] Ceasar Xigalia: would you like to add to the answerfor Abby , Aliasi?
[19:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Then, for RA members and those who follow the RA present, has there been any work done on that front?
[19:33] Aliasi Stonebender: well, not a lot to add.
[19:34] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: The RA has not met yet.
[19:34] Aliasi Stonebender: it's a pretty binary thing, either someone IS an estate manager, or they aren't. Group land permissions are about the only thing that can be done in finer detail.
[19:34] Aliasi Stonebender: the only thing above EM is the actual sim owner, who has all the powers of the EM plus, only they can make/remove them.
[19:35] Ceasar Xigalia: Exactly Aliasi
[19:35] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: i certainly hope to see the new sim as a priority no the agenda for the first meeting..
[19:36] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: G .. :) since we had an overwhelming response with the referendum.
[19:36] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: on the agenda.. i mean..
[19:36] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: does that make sense?
[19:36] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: I am waiting for Cadence to set up the first RA meeting.
[19:36] Widget Whiteberry: How many Citizens voting = overwhelming response with the referendum?
[19:36] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: let me get it
[19:37] Delia Lake: 48 voted interest in a new sim
[19:37] Widget Whiteberry: thank you, Delia
[19:37] Ceasar Xigalia nods
[19:37] Ceasar Xigalia: 8 against
[19:37] AbbyRose Abbot: 48 is a good number. How many people did vote?
[19:38] AbbyRose Abbot: ok.....good odds
[19:38] Delia Lake: I think 65
[19:38] Molly Medier: yes
[19:38] Delia Lake: out of 80
[19:38] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: 65 citizens voted, 21 did not.
Of the 65 who voted, on the referendum:

48 voted yes
8 voted no
9 abstained
[19:38] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: seems strong to me :)
[19:39] AbbyRose Abbot: That's a better turnout then in the States for elections?
[19:39] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: nods
[19:39] Ceasar Xigalia: :)
[19:39] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: i hope we get some good designs to consider.
[19:40] Ceasar Xigalia: and any further questions?
[19:41] Ceasar Xigalia: last call for questions before we adjurn
[19:42] Ceasar Xigalia: ok thank you all for attending
[19:42] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: What time is the meeting next week ?
[19:42] Ceasar Xigalia: I will post the agend for the rest of the month shortly, so everyone is aware
[19:42] Molly Medier: Thank you
[19:42] Ceasar Xigalia: schedule sorry
[19:42] Ceasar Xigalia: ok meeting adjurned

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”