Report to the SC - Facebook 6/22/2014

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Report to the SC - Facebook 6/22/2014

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

This is a copy of a report made to the SC on 6/22/2014 and is listed as item 5 on the SCs agenda for July 5th 2014.

Report to the SC - Facebook

I wish to report to the SC that Rosie Gray removed me as an Administrator and downgraded my rights from the Confederation of Democratic Simulators (CDS) Facebook page. This followed me being added as an Admin by Tor Karlsvelt a few minutes earlier in my official capacity as Chancellor.

Immediately prior to this set of events posts and comments made to the CDS FB site, by myself and others, regarding the SL11B CDS exhibit were removed, repeatedly, despite repeated successful postings. Someone with the rights to remove legitimate posts at that time was removing them. This required action on my part to protect the assets of CDS.

The following screenshots show the postings made that were removed.

The attachment FB screenshot of posts activity log.png is no longer available
FB screenshot of posts activity log.png
Screenshot of FB 2.jpg
Screenshot of FB 3.png

There followed an IM conversation with Rosie Gray where I pointed out that CDS law requires the Chancellor to manage 'web-based tools' as per NL 7-3 and that the Chancellor is responsible for 'overseeing the production and maintenance of publicity and public information with respect to the actions, policies and history of the CDS government.' as per NL 13-1.

I will gladly share the IM chat I received from Rosie Gray, which includes her typing a number of profanities.

This is the time line record as a screen shot from FB which shows me being added as an Admin then down graded to Editor then added as an Admin again. Tor added me at my request as an Admin under my authority as Chancellor per my request today June 22nd 2014.

FB Rosie actions.png

Given the requirement on me as Chancellor to protect the assets of CDS I have removed Rosie Gray at this time from an Admin role (together with a number of others) and have retained/added the following people as Editors, pending review of these events by the SC. I can add others on request as per the law.

Editors
Arria Perreault
Sonja Strom
Widget Whiteberry
I intend to add
Gwyneth Llewelyn

Relevant laws reproduced in full below.

June 22nd 2014

NL 7-3 Web Portal Act
Web Portal Act
1. The CDS Website, Forums, Wiki, Colonia Nova Blog and any other
current or future web-based tools so designated or approved by the RA
shall be consolidated into a new CDS Web Portal.
2. The responsibility for administering and maintaining the CDS Web
Portal lies with the Executive Branch, and in particular with the CDS
Public Information Officer (“the PIO”). The Executive will appoint a
system administrator for the new site.
3. The new web portal will based on an open-source content management
system (such as Drupal or Plone) and will allow each branch of
government to determine the content of their section of the new site.
4. The RA hereby mandates the PIO to develop a coherent plan for
consolidating, rationalising, and connecting the CDS Web Portal and
all its individual elements -including a development plan, hosting
options, and a draft budget of initial and yearly costs.
5. The RA authorizes the PIO to enter into exploratory discussions
with the current legal owners of the various elements of the CDS Web
Portal regarding the transfer of the latter and of all rights related
thereto into CDS ownership.
6. The PIO shall prepare a report on this matter, including suggested
legislative proposals (if any) and submit it to the RA for
consideration no later than 1 September 2007.
7. In the absence of a PIO, the responsibility for taking this
forward rests with the Chancellor.
8. The RA shall consider the report within 2 weeks of receipt of the
report. It shall draft and vote on legislation on this matter no
later than one calendar month after receipt of the report and in no
case later than 1 October 2007

CDSL 13-01 Public Information Act
This Act clarifies the duties of the Chancellor pursuant to Article II, Section 2(c) of the Constitution. The Chancellor shall be responsible for overseeing the production and maintenance of publicity and public information with respect to the actions, policies and history of the CDS government. In order to ensure no one is overburdened, and that obligations pursuant to this law are met in a timely fashion, this authority may and should be delegated, in whole or in part, to a Public Information Team. Pursuant to the Constitution, however, the Chancellor retains the responsibility for the performance of these duties.
The Chancellor shall designate a Public Information Team, with individual duties specified in writing and made publicly available at the beginning of each term. Functions including maintenance of the calendar, group event notice supervision, inworld physical information source (kiosks, magazines, handouts, etc.) development and maintenance, shall each be assigned to a named individual reporting regularly to the Chancellor.
The Chancellor shall be responsible for ensuring that all information about the CDS made publicly available within the CDS regions is current and up to date at all times.
The Chancellor shall arrange for information kiosks to be deployed and maintaned at high-traffic points in each CDS region. These kiosks are to include, at minimum, maps of each region identifying the purpose and ownership of each building; brief and uncontroversial information about the origins and purpose of the CDS; and a pictorial guide to the CDS as a whole. This information also shall be made available in a simple package which can be distributed to visitors, new citizens or other interested parties.
The Chancellor shall ensure that group subscribers for the CDS inworld group are available at a broad range of public sites within the CDS, and at all official events. Posting access to this group shall be open to all citizens. Guidelines for use of the group should follow those for the current Al Andalus group, included below. The Chancellor shall designate a member of the Public Information Team to be responsible for oversight of notice policy, and for assisting any citizen who may have content concerns or language difficulties, to post notices in conformity with the guidelines. Use of the group by citizens, within the guidelines, for any event which might be of general interest, shall be strongly encouraged.
Passwords for all official media channels shall be held by the Chancellor and appropriate members of the Public Information Team, the LRA and the Dean of the SC. Under no circumstances shall these passwords be known only to one person. At the beginning of their term, the Chancellor shall change all passwords and immediately notify the LRA and the Dean of the SC of the new passwords for the term.
All informational, public relations and other promotional activities not specifically assigned to the Chancellor under this Act shall be the responsibility of citizens, acting as individuals or through regional, trade or other non-governmental associations.

CDSL 15-04 CDS Weportal Act
The CDS Webportal is the main channel of communication of CDS. It is equally open to each branch of the government, of each NGO active in CDS and to all CDS citizen.

The Administrator is responsible for accesses, (providing username and password for named redactors ) support and quality management. The Administrator manage the whole portal, the plug ins, theme, widgets, and the picture gallery on the home page. The Administrator name an another responsible if unable to work on the portal for more then two weeks. The Administrator is responsible to provide a regular backup of the portal. The Administrator has access to the blog.

The Editor is responsible for the content of a branch, an NGO, a faction or any activity in CDS. Each organization is responsible to nominate a person who gets the role of Editor and to submit the name to the Administrator who will provide access to the blog for the duration of their term. The Editor has an access to the blog.

The owner of the domain name http://www.slcds.info and subdomain portal.slcds.info assure continued service in collaboration with the Administrator.

Inclusion in the list of CDS bloggers on the home page is open to every citizen who has a blog, as long as the blog is in line with our laws, the LL ToS and the Declaration of Human rights. Bloggers can submit a request to the Administrator.

Passed 30 October 2011

Attachments
Screenshot of FB 4.png
Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”