5th 22nd RA Meeting 10/2/2015 --- Transcript

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

5th 22nd RA Meeting 10/2/2015 --- Transcript

Post by Pip Torok »

[15:40] Cadence Theas: Ok, we can go ahead and start the meeting. Tor should be here. Timo asked for a 7 day vote
[15:40] Cadence Theas: but we have a quorum
[15:40] Cadence Theas: a copy of the agend and other documents are in the iris box
[15:40] Cadence Theas: so
[15:40] Pip Torok: tks
[15:41] Cadence Theas: do I hear a motion to approve the agenda for today?
[15:41] Pip Torok: so moved
[15:41] Cadence Theas: a second?
[15:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Second
[15:41] Cadence Theas: ty
[15:41] Cadence Theas: is there any discussion?
[15:41] Pip Torok: none from me
[15:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: None here
[15:42] Cadence Theas: ok, I just wanted to mention that today is focused on the new sim. Rosie cannot make it, and I hope someone else from the LUC will be here
[15:42] Cadence Theas: a vote on the agenda
[15:42] Pip Torok: aye
[15:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Aye
[15:42] Cadence Theas: aye
[15:43] Cadence Theas: the agenda is approved
[15:43] Cadence Theas: the next item is the mintues from the last meeting on Jan. 21
[15:43] Shep [Shep Titian]: I'm on the LUC
[15:43] Cadence Theas: unfortunatley Tor was not at that meeting, so...oh good, ty SHep
[15:44] Cadence Theas: so, we do not have mintues to approve or disapprove
[15:44] Shep [Shep Titian]: Although I missed the last meetying :D
[15:44] MystiTool HUD 2.0.2: Entering chat range: Victor1st Mornington (18m)
[15:44] Cadence Theas: but the transcript is published
[15:44] Cadence Theas: HI Vic
[15:44] Catz Jewell: Hi Vic
[15:44] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: ello
[15:45] Cadence Theas: the next item is the executive report
[15:45] Cadence Theas: we have not been able to meet at a time that is convenient for the chancellor
[15:46] Cadence Theas: so he has published his report for January in both the executive forum as well as the general one, so I encourage people to please comment
[15:46] Shep [Shep Titian]: The chancellor put his report on the forum
[15:46] Cadence Theas: it is nice that he posted in a public forum just so we can comment
[15:47] Pip Torok: I have read and i am happy with the contents of his report
[15:47] Cadence Theas: at this point I want to ask if there are any citizen concerns
[15:47] Cadence Theas: I am too Pip
[15:47] Cadence Theas: that and the idea that he and the LUC seem to be reconciled
[15:47] Cadence Theas: which means we can only move forward
[15:47] Cadence Theas: are there any citizen concerns?
[15:48] Cadence Theas: are there any RA concerns?
[15:48] Pip Torok: none from this RA member
[15:48] Callipygian Christensen: I touched the Speaker thing to speak
[15:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: None here, but I --
[15:48] Cadence Theas: sorry Calli
[15:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I see Calli wants to speak.
[15:48] Cadence Theas: your turn
[15:48] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you - perhaps, since Tor is not here again today, the job of producing Minutes can be taken on by someone else?
[15:49] Cadence Theas: good point Calli
[15:49] Cadence Theas: Tor was supposed to be here
[15:49] Cadence Theas: do either one of you gentleman want to take on the task?
[15:50] Cadence Theas: Pip? Gaius?
[15:50] Pip Torok: barring hiccups I am glad to publish the Minutes
[15:50] Cadence Theas: ty Pip :)
[15:51] Cadence Theas: we have two items of old business to deal with
[15:51] Cadence Theas: one concerns the diplomatic relations bill
[15:51] Cadence Theas: Gauis, did yo uhave a chance to consult with the SC and republish the bill in the forum?
[15:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: No, I have not been able to
[15:53] Cadence Theas: ok, so we can reagend it for the next meeting?
[15:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Yes, that will be best,
[15:53] Cadence Theas: ty
[15:53] Cadence Theas: the next item concerns a contingency
[15:54] Pip Torok: 4.2?
[15:54] Cadence Theas: that the competition organized by the chancellor and the LUC for the new forum in CN be contingent on the bettering of relations between the different parties...yes, 4.2 Pip
[15:55] Pip Torok: I see
[15:55] Cadence Theas: Shep, were you at the meeting with Pat?
[15:55] Shep [Shep Titian]: No I was'nt
[15:55] Shep [Shep Titian]: sorry
[15:55] Cadence Theas: np
[15:55] Shep [Shep Titian]: I have spoken with him though
[15:55] Cadence Theas: and can you give his assessment?
[15:56] Shep [Shep Titian]: Not on CN no sorry
[15:56] Cadence Theas: no, not on CN, rather the relationship with the LUC
[15:57] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[15:57] Shep [Shep Titian]: I think that occured because he wanted to be at a certain meeting and was told no
[15:58] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[15:58] Shep [Shep Titian]: I think he has decided to let that pass for the greater good
[15:58] Cadence Theas: ok, I was hoping that we could give the green light to the CN forum
[15:59] Shep [Shep Titian]: Has he agreed it with anyone?
[15:59] Cadence Theas: but we have to wait until we have members of the LUC and the chancellor to confirm that there are conditions to open the competition
[15:59] Cadence Theas: since they will be working together on this
[16:00] Callipygian Christensen: The Chencellor published about this on the Forums: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6385
[16:00] Cadence Theas: yes, Calli.
[16:01] Cadence Theas: but the LUC is not here
[16:01] Cadence Theas: if I receive RA approval, I can get confirmations from both parties that they are reconciled
[16:01] Shep [Shep Titian]: That posyt makes a lot of sense
[16:02] Pip Torok: move to accept LRA's initiative
[16:02] Cadence Theas: ty Pip
[16:03] Cadence Theas: is there a second?
[16:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: What is the rationale behind requiring a motion?
[16:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Anyone can ask if both have reconciled... can they not?
[16:04] Cadence Theas: that you trust me to ask both parties if they can work together to open the competition
[16:04] Pip Torok: imo the RA needs to show one voice in this matter
[16:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Second, then ㋡
[16:04] Cadence Theas: Unless the chancellor is here it is hearsay
[16:04] Cadence Theas: ty Gauis
[16:04] Cadence Theas: can we vote on this
[16:04] Pip Torok: aye
[16:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: aye
[16:06] Cadence Theas: for the record, the motion is: to authorize the LRA to speak with both parties and get confrimation that they are reconciled to work togehter on the competiton and future projects
[16:06] Pip Torok: so move
[16:06] Cadence Theas: can you recast your vote, please
[16:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: aye
[16:06] Pip Torok: aye
[16:06] Cadence Theas: aye
[16:06] Cadence Theas: the motion carries
[16:07] Cadence Theas: ok
[16:07] Cadence Theas: now the part that interests us all
[16:07] Cadence Theas: the LUC recieved two proposals for the new sim
[16:07] Phanessa Svenska is Online
[16:08] Cadence Theas: Timos:
[16:08] Cadence Theas: and one from Gauis:
[16:09] Cadence Theas: and the LUC announced in the forum the recommendaiton to accept Gauis' proposal for the new sim
[16:09] Cadence Theas: it is now int he hands of the RA to approve the plan or not
[16:09] Cadence Theas: Timo has requested a 7 day vote
[16:10] Cadence Theas: and Tor was supposed to be here
[16:10] Cadence Theas: but we can ask Gauis to explain his plan for the new sim
[16:10] Cadence Theas: and for the public to ask questions regarding the plan
[16:11] Cadence Theas: Gauis could you speak about your diea behind the plan that you submitted tot he LUC?
[16:11] Cadence Theas: (there is a copy in the iris box too
[16:11] Cadence Theas: of the plan
[16:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Before I explain my proposal, I believe I should first note that I intend to abstain from voting on the proposal (as is only appropriate).
[16:12] Cadence Theas: yes, ty
[16:12] Cadence Theas: we can still discuss it
[16:12] Cadence Theas: and have people ask questions
[16:12] Cadence Theas: you have the floor
[16:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The proposal, however, is inspired off my own imagination of an alpine hamlet from Switzerland, deep in the Alps. It is meant to combine elements of Neufreistadt and Alpine Meadow that make those two sims amongst the most successful sims of the estate.
[16:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The private part of the sim (primarily in the east, on the border with NFS) possesses a small hamlet, parcels for farms, and parcels in the mountain woods.
[16:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Larger parcels for farms and cottages in the woods give way to smaller, more affordable homes in the Hamlet.
[16:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The major geological elements of the sim include two mountains (corresponding to NFS and Monastery's landscape), a stream, and a lake in the south-east (corresponding to the chasm in NFS).
[16:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Major public works include: an airport, a ski resort, a public monument in the centre of the hamlet, and a chapel.
[16:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The land to the west of the sim, on a larger mountain, comprise a large public property for the benefit of citizens.
[16:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Finally, the airport will also have three parking spaces for rent.
[16:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Done.
[16:17] Cadence Theas: Gauis, I have a question
[16:17] Cadence Theas: what do you think has made NSF and AM successful as sims
[16:17] Cadence Theas: what do you identify as the variables that have made them so
[16:17] Cadence Theas: and how do these appear in the new sim?
[16:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The success of NFS is its affordability, with having smaller parcels for sale in the city. That is what I sought to replicate in the hamlet.
[16:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: As for AM, I would say it is the large amount of prims in addition to the large parcels available there that blend into a unique landscape.
[16:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: That is the inspiration I had with some of my (admittedly) unconventional parcels in my proposal.
[16:20] Cadence Theas: what is the percentage of public to private lands? i am going to relog while you answer, I am having severe chat lag
[16:21] MystiTool HUD 2.0.2: Entering chat range: Cadence Theas (9m)
[16:21] Cadence Theas is Online
[16:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: WB
[16:22] Pip Torok: WB
[16:22] Cadence Theas: lets hope it worked
[16:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: 49.511719% of the sim is private.
[16:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: In terms of area.
[16:23] Cadence Theas: Calli, did you want to ask something?
[16:24] Callipygian Christensen: Cadene: that is from the previous agenda item - I'll save it for the end of the meeting.
[16:25] Cadence Theas: ok.
[16:25] Cadence Theas: I would like to open the floor to everyone here to begin to ask questions about the proposal
[16:25] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[16:25] Cadence Theas: we cannot vote on it tonight
[16:25] Cadence Theas: but we can at least have assurances
[16:26] Cadence Theas: Penelope
[16:26] Penelope Gossamer: Thanks, Cadence. My main concern is with the SW access road from NSF to the new sim which I have also expressed in the forums.
[16:27] Penelope Gossamer: Can we be assured no property will be confiscated to make room for a new access road?
[16:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Ah -
[16:27] Penelope Gossamer: Done
[16:27] Cadence Theas: Gauis?
[16:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Yes, Penelope, you can be. ㋡
[16:27] Penelope Gossamer: Thanks Gaius :)
[16:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: In reality, that road does not cross the border, while Timo did indeed have a road that crossed the sim boundary there.
[16:28] Pip Torok: and fwiw ill add mine under any "hat"
[16:28] Cadence Theas: Gauis, did you see Rosie's suggestion in the forum
[16:28] Cadence Theas: about the culdesac
[16:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The road there actually stops short, but you can not see that on the parcel map. You can see it, instead, on the second map that shows the visual perspective of the sim
[16:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Sorry, internet went out, so I am not sure if my messages sent
[16:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Did you receive my response, Penelope?
[16:30] Penelope Gossamer: I did .. thank you
[16:30] Cadence Theas: Vic, hthen Calli
[16:31] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: Thanks, right now there is 10 parcels for sale on the current sims, three of them i would consider prim property yet they have not sold... is there a REAL contingency plan to actually do some marketing for this new sim so its not the same old faces playing parcel merry go round and we end up with 20 parcels empty between elections? done
[16:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: That would be an executive question and not one I can answer. ㋡
[16:32] Cadence Theas: I think the person that can answer that is not here
[16:32] Cadence Theas: unless Bells, do you know of what is being planned?
[16:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Though, Bells could answer
[16:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: She had said she was making dinner, so she may be away...
[16:33] Cadence Theas: yes
[16:33] Cadence Theas: in the meantime, Calli
[16:33] Cadence Theas: we can ask her when she is back
[16:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: ((Thank you for your question, Vic))
[16:34] Cadence Theas: yes, it was a good question
[16:34] Callipygian Christensen: Thank you. I can't tell clearly if parcels abutt each other directly. There was discussion in the past about having all 'setbacks' be public land bbetween parcels, allowing owners full use of their land without setback restrictions in some areas and not others. IS this intended to happen and if not, could it be included please.
[16:35] Cadence Theas: Gauis?
[16:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Is what specifically intended to happen?
[16:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Have public land separate private parcels?
[16:36] Callipygian Christensen: Instead of some parcels having a covenant sying 'you cant build within 5 metres of the parcel edge' or such, will those easements be 'built in' as public land between parcels.
[16:37] Cadence Theas: that is what Bags did in the LA redesign
[16:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I have not done any work on a covenant, but according to my plan, no, it will not be the case
[16:38] Callipygian Christensen: It will not be the case that it is part of the design, or not the case that it will be part of covenants or both?
[16:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I have no control over the covenants, so it is not the case that it is part of the current proposal
[16:39] Callipygian Christensen: I ask for clarification because if it it is *not* built into the design, it will almost certainly end up in the covenants if it isn't specifically stated that it should not.
[16:39] Cadence Theas: Calli, it also begs the question if there are enough public prims left to put up tree and shrub buffers between properites
[16:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: At the moment, there are no publicly owned buffer zones between parcels.
[16:40] Josie Cooperstone [Josephine Fotherington]: 0_0
[16:40] Cadence Theas: the question is is if they are necessary
[16:41] Cadence Theas: why do you want to see them Calli?
[16:41] Callipygian Christensen: I am not so much asking about buffers using prims as 'space' - so that a person buying a parcel can use their whole parcel for a building if needed - and since this is the planning phase, if there is a desire for tree buffers, then now is the time to adjust the prims I'd think.
[16:42] dj Zemenis is Online
[16:42] Callipygian Christensen: I personally thinkpublic easements are a better choice than future debates over the covenant compliance of a building, the need for variances or whatever.
[16:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The LUC RFP did not specify it as a requirement for proposals, so I would say that zoning will specify these buffers. I think it would be appropriate for the rural parcels (cottages, farms) and not the urban ones (hamlet, parking).
[16:43] Cadence Theas: has it been an issue in any other sim than LA?
[16:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Furthermore, I would think that publicly owned buffers would not make sense in this sim because it would push the sim further from the numbers specified in Trebor's financial numbers, which was included in the LUC's request for proposals.
[16:46] Callipygian Christensen: I believe the ultimate goal of adding a sim is a beautiful addition of livable parcels - and I hope that the LUC will read this and consider how to make public easements AND Treb's financial numbers work together. :)
[16:46] Cadence Theas: Calli, I think buffer zones are legislating conflict and not co-living
[16:47] Cadence Theas: NSF and AM have worked marveously without buffer zones
[16:47] Callipygian Christensen: Cadence - we have different viewpoints then - I see it as saving future LUCs and Chancellor's time, removing potential conflicts of citizens with their gov't and making it easier for citizens to use their land.
[16:48] Cadence Theas: and I see it as taking away the chance for people to make gardens
[16:48] Callipygian Christensen: Cadence - personally in AM my build was non-compliant with covenant, as was my neighbours - the builds only remained because we all in a row..three of us, agreed not to make covenant complaints...
[16:48] Cadence Theas: look at Delias, Peneolpes Rosie and my properties in NSF
[16:49] Cadence Theas: contiguous and coherent because we were allowed to build up to the edge with gardens
[16:49] Callipygian Christensen: had someone else chosen to complain,, our neighbourly agreement would have been pretty worthless..so the lack of drama doesnt necessarilly mean a lack of issues.
[16:49] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I think discussion has been exhausted on this point... ;)
[16:49] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[16:49] Pip Torok: agree....
[16:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Josie, did you have a question for me?
[16:50] Callipygian Christensen nods to Gauis - I'll make my case to the LUC and Chancellor - thank you for listening.
[16:50] Josie Cooperstone [Josephine Fotherington]: very quickly - is this a double prim sim?
[16:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Yes, it is
[16:50] Josie Cooperstone [Josephine Fotherington]: ok ty done
[16:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: ㋡
[16:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker] sees Bells is back
[16:51] Cadence Theas: Vic, do you want to ask your question again
[16:51] Cadence Theas: for Bells
[16:51] MystiTool HUD 2.0.2: Entering chat range: Nolligan Nino (18m)
[16:52] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: hold on, i'll scroll up and copy it
[16:52] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: Thanks, right now there is 10 parcels for sale on the current sims, three of them i would consider prim property yet they have not sold... is there a REAL contingency plan to actually do some marketing for this new sim so its not the same old faces playing parcel merry go round and we end up with 20 parcels empty between elections? done
[16:52] Bells Semyorka: thanks Vic, I was trying to find the question.
[16:53] Bells Semyorka: We have had talks about a plan for marketing the new sim; however the final places that we will advertize to haven't been sorted out.
[16:53] Bells Semyorka: if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them and try my bust to use them
[16:53] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: ahhh ok, thanks :)
[16:54] Bells Semyorka: that's all I can really say about it
[16:54] Bells Semyorka: :)
[16:54] Cadence Theas: ty Bells
[16:54] Cadence Theas: I think the most important thing at this point is to advance the proposal for tier and the covenant
[16:55] Cadence Theas: which I believe are executive branch proposals
[16:55] Cadence Theas: so that all of this can be approved at the same time
[16:55] Cadence Theas: Bells, do you know if there is a proposal for the cevenant
[16:55] Cadence Theas: and the tier schedule?
[16:56] Bells Semyorka: I'm sorry Cadence. I haven't had the opportunity to talk with Pat about this topic at all
[16:57] Cadence Theas: is the LUC working on covenants?
[16:57] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I believe the rationale is to have the sim proposal approved by the RA before the covenant and other executive functions are done
[16:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: (It wouldn't make sense for them to do that work before we approved the proposal)
[16:58] Pip Torok: that is also my understanding
[16:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: *we have approved
[16:58] Cadence Theas: that is true, but the basic idea has been in motion for awhile now
[16:59] Cadence Theas: technically, there can be no sim or building until covenant and tier schedule is approved by the RA
[16:59] Cadence Theas: Vic
[17:00] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: just one more question... roughly speaking, how long will it be before this new sim "drops"?
[17:01] Cadence Theas: I dont think there is anyone here who can answer that question
[17:01] Vic Mornington [Victor1st Mornington]: ahhhhh ok, thanks, done :)
[17:01] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[17:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: The LUC does have a schedule, though
[17:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: IIRC, it's before April
[17:02] Cadence Theas: correct me if I am wrong, but the RA approves the design, the Chancellor works out the tier schedule and covenant for RA approval, then the hancellow designates who build the sim
[17:02] Cadence Theas: so we have three tasks before we sart building
[17:03] Cadence Theas: sorry for th e typing mistakes, but I have a new keyboard
[17:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I think that is the case
[17:04] Cadence Theas: should we be working with the chancellor now to move forward with the tier schedule and the covenant?
[17:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I think we need to approve the design first ㋡
[17:05] Cadence Theas: we can get this done more quickly if we designate someone ... Gauis, I do not see much opposition to your design
[17:05] Pip Torok: making sure we dont create unnecessary delays of course...
[17:05] Cadence Theas: its not approved but the parameters of the new sim are vaery clear
[17:06] Cadence Theas: and the covenant would be the same regardless
[17:06] Cadence Theas: we can designate someone to be the liason to the chancellory
[17:06] Cadence Theas: to help with the covenat and tier scheduloe
[17:07] Pip Torok: I wd suggest Shep ...
[17:07] Cadence Theas: so that it gets through the RA...
[17:07] Cadence Theas: but it should be someone from the RAç
[17:07] Josie Cooperstone [Josephine Fotherington]: I think the LUC is working on covenant drafts.
[17:08] Cadence Theas: do we know how far along they are?
[17:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: I am willing to do so, as I have a vested interest in seeing the sim being worked out
[17:08] Josie Cooperstone [Josephine Fotherington]: I do not.
[17:08] Cadence Theas: ty Gauis
[17:09] Cadence Theas: I move that Gauis make contact with the LUC and CHancellor in the interest of facilitating thedevelopment of th ecovenant and the design of the tier schedule
[17:09] Pip Torok: seconded
[17:10] Cadence Theas: please vote
[17:10] Pip Torok: aye
[17:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: aye
[17:10] Cadence Theas: aye
[17:10] Cadence Theas: the motion carries
[17:11] Cadence Theas: I also move that Gauis publish in the forum his drawings and designs for the new sim, so that we can have public input before the next meeting, recognizing and thanking the people who commented today
[17:11] Pip Torok: seconded
[17:11] Cadence Theas: ty Pip
[17:12] Cadence Theas: can we vote
[17:12] Pip Torok: aye
[17:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: aye
[17:12] Cadence Theas: Calli, did you want to speak before or after the vote?
[17:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Actually, the drawings and designs are already on the forums, Cadence
[17:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Rosie posted them
[17:13] Callipygian Christensen: Not sure it matters Cadence, if all you are doing is appointing a liason - my question is about the whole process and the law
[17:13] Cadence Theas: I know, but we should repost them...how so?
[17:15] Callipygian Christensen: Is the how so to me?
[17:15] Cadence Theas: yes
[17:16] Callipygian Christensen: The law says once you approve the design that the LUC puts forward (which it has done) the Executive takes over and really, until the building is done, the RA need not be involved
[17:17] Callipygian Christensen: SO if you can get quorum to pass the design, the EO can purchase the sim, and things can proceed - tier and covenant follow. SO I'd focus on that at this point.
[17:17] Cadence Theas: if I understood correctly the RA also ahs to approve the tier and the covenant
[17:17] Cadence Theas: no?
[17:17] Callipygian Christensen: You approved tier rates as part of the Budget I thought
[17:18] Cadence Theas: they did not appear in the budget
[17:18] Cadence Theas: Pat said he would work them out later
[17:18] Callipygian Christensen: The covenant isnt even mentioned in the new law that I can see, and logically it would be created once the design is final so that it applies to reality, not to potential changes.
[17:19] Callipygian Christensen: Ok..then if they do not exist yet, RA needs them before it can approve the plan I think.
[17:19] Cadence Theas: so, my proposal is to work in tandem with a proposal that was approved by the LUC so that we dont wait and do it sequentially
[17:20] Cadence Theas: that is why the liason
[17:20] Cadence Theas: to work within the law but in a more efficient manner
[17:20] Cadence Theas: since we still have to approve the tier schedule in the RA
[17:22] Callipygian Christensen: There are also a number of other requirements in the law - since this cant be voted on today may I suggest that the law be reviewed to ensure the plan you approve meets all of them?
[17:22] Cadence Theas: of course
[17:22] Cadence Theas: and you could help us by point ing out where the pitfalls may be
[17:22] Cadence Theas: but the liason is non binding
[17:22] Cadence Theas: it is merely a matter of efficiency
[17:23] Cadence Theas: and a spirit of working together between branches
[17:23] Cadence Theas: I also vote aye, so the motion carries
[17:24] Cadence Theas: but we will be consulting you Calli to help us move forward on this
[17:24] Callipygian Christensen: I was mistaken - the ovenant *is* part of the plan for approval..not even a separate issue..
[17:24] Cadence Theas: that is what brought Dougga down
[17:24] Callipygian Christensen: Consulting me isn't needed - this is the law you as RA legislated:
[17:25] Callipygian Christensen:

2. The Executive will consult with the LUC who will create a proposal to include:

a. Region theme in keeping with Master Plan
b. Location in relation to existing Regions in keeping with Master Plan
c. Covenant
d. Number and size range of plots
e. Tier rate per plot, as identified by the Executive
f. Breakdown of income based on occupancy of private parcels to include ‘break even’ point, as identified by the Executive
g. Prim count for Region (single, double, triple, etc)
h. Zoning designation and balance between public, private and commercial land
i. Any proposed public builds e.g. the amphitheatre
j. Any other infrastructure that will impact the community as a whole (connecting roadways, waterways, bridges, etc)
k. Parties responsible for sim design, terraforming and construction ‘on site’
l. Project update schedule

3. The Executive will review the plan to ensure that there are clearly defined compliance points

a. The Executive will be responsible for enforcing deadlines
b. The Executive will be
[17:25] Callipygian Christensen: authorizing payments due as services are rendered
c. The Executive will be securing intellectual property agreements where required
d. The plan will be returned to the LUC after review for a final ‘sign off’

4. The plan will be presented to the RA for approval
a. If the plan is approved, the Executive will proceed to Phase II

[17:26] Callipygian Christensen: So just a matter of a checlist that it meets these requirements before you approve it.
[17:26] Callipygian Christensen: Done.
[17:26] Cadence Theas: then it makes even more sense to work together between branches
[17:26] Cadence Theas: ty Calli
[17:26] Cadence Theas: we have reached out two hours
[17:26] Soro Dagostino is Online
[17:26] Cadence Theas: I move that we adjourn
[17:27] Pip Torok: seconded
[17:27] Cadence Theas: please vote
[17:27] Pip Torok: aye
[17:28] Cadence Theas: Gaius?
[17:28] Cadence Theas: he must be afk
[17:29] Cadence Theas: I say aye and thank you to Pip for offering to do the minutes
[17:29] Pip Torok: Ill liaise with tor and aim to publish ASAP
[17:30] Cadence Theas: ok, do you have the transcript as well
[17:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker]: Aye, sorry
[17:30] Pip Torok: i do
[17:30] Cadence Theas: since I had to log off, I lost half of it
[17:30] Cadence Theas: ok ,good. ty
[17:30] Cadence Theas: mpotion to adjourn carries
[17:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio [Guillaume Mistwalker] claps.

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”