Minutes, RA Meeting 06-January-2020

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

richie deschanel
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Minutes, RA Meeting 06-January-2020

Post by richie deschanel »

Minutes of meeting of Representative Assembly held on 06-January-2020.

Present: Lyubov (20180414), Rosie Gray, Kyoko Furse-Barzane, Tanoujin Milestone, Richie Deschanel

Also Present: Lilith Ivory, Cathy Sabre (part), Callipygian Christensen (part)

1.1 Review and approve agenda

Tanoujin Milestone motioned to approve the agenda as posted on the Forum viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9299, seconded by Rosie Gray. For: 5 Against : 0

Resolved to approve the agenda

1.2 Minutes of last meeting held on 17-December-2019

The minutes of the last meeting had been posted on the Forum viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9293.

Rosie Gray motioned to approve, seconded by Tanoujin Milestone. For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved to approve the minutes of the meeting held on 17-December-2019

2. Executive Report

As the Chancellor was unable to be present at the start of the meeting, her report was read out by Lyubov.

Chancellor Remarks to January 6th meeting of RA.

To: Lyubov, Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane), Richie Deschanel, Rosie Gray and Tanoujin Milestone
Hello members of the 32nd Representative Assembly, and Friends and Citizens who have joined us today for the meeting.

I wish you all health and good cheer for 2020. I have greeted a couple of new or returning Citizens recently. Please help me welcome them when you can. Almut Brunswick has rejoined us, and new names I’ve yet to meet; DJQT, DrHannibal Carthegan (mfalme), and there may be others.

We have occasional new visitors and I encourage all of us to say hello and make them feel welcome without overburdening their sense of free, unselfconscious exploration of our beautiful home sites and public places.

Speaking of public places, Monastery is now under the hopeful management of our own Tanoujin, who hopes to bring us expanded entertainment options there. Congrats to Kyoko for the successful opening of the New Art Café. I regret that I missed the event, featuring Calli as DJ. Soro would have loved this, and I continue to hope I will hear something from him or that he will return soon. I keep looking for him to pop in every day. I did see the Art Café last night, Kyoko, and it’s beautiful and a very smart exhibition with clever art.

Our Budget continues to be in good shape, and I want to especially thank everyone for staying up to date on Tier. We expect to have a surplus this month, but it will be added to our available funds going forward, to cover more events and infrastructure improvements.

This month, our featured event is an Ice Skating event on Saturday, the 18th of January, from 11:30 to 12:30 on Friedsee Lake. We will have DJ Maggie, the most adorable kitten who has found her mittens. I look forward to enjoying cocoa and conversation with everyone, and then perhaps enter the race. Of course, dancing is an option, too. The prize is a silver ice skate trophy, which Cathy has generously made for us. She would like to customize it for the winner and perhaps continue this as an annual event. Thanks so much for the dedicated work, Cathy.

I want to thank everyone who decorated the public areas for the holidays! This added so much cheer and many photo ops. I captured a few and tagged them as CDS on Flickr. If everyone would undecorate the public areas in the next week or two, it would save me from having to return the objects, which might feel rude. My apologies if I must eventually send them back to you. However, I’m getting attached to the orange VW parked at the curb in NFS. Nice touch, Laura Azalee!

This is a slow time to relax and reflect after the holidays. This is a community that cares, and we govern ourselves with polite procedures for working out conflicts and challenges that often create chaos in the outer world. Our sims are better provisioned and have better performance and, more prim allowance, than ever. May the peace and harmony we find here, and the friendships we make, carry into positive change in our lives, as we skate into another year of democratic government.

Next month, we look to Han to present a Valentine event. Cathy and I have discussed a return of the Bar Crawl events, although perhaps keeping them here in CDS. I welcome your suggestions.

Your Chancellor, Emilia
6 January 2020

Members of the RA thanked the Chancellor for her report.

3. LUC Report

Rosie Gray, the RA representative on the LUC, advised that there was nothing further to report since the last LUC meeting on 15 December 2019.
It was noted that the next meeting of the LUC would take place on Saturday, 11 January at 10:00 SLT.

4. Citizens’ Concerns

Cathy Sabre advised that she had posters for the January event (Skating) and would be sending these out shortly along with an announcement regarding the proposed race. She also advised that she was making a trophy for the event which could become perpetual if a place was found to display it.

5. RA Member Concerns

There were none.

6. Old Business

Chancellor's Draft Budget for 32nd Term Dec 2019 - May 2020

Lyubov motioned to approve Chancellor's Draft Budget for 32nd Term Dec 2019 - May 2020, as posted to viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9291, seconded by Richie Deschanel. For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved to approve the Chancellor’s budget as posted at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9291

7. New Business

7.1 RA Journal – update RA page on Portal

The RA is required by the CDS Constitution to maintain a journal of proceedings which had previously been maintained through the CDS Portal but was now hold under RA Announcements on the CDS Forum. It was considered that holding the information in two different locations was not administratively efficient. A proposal to make the RA Announcements board on the forum was considered.

Following discussion Tanoujin Milestone motioned to update RA page on Portal, https://cdsdemocracy.org/the-representative-assembly/?? to state that the RA Announcements board on the Forum, viewforum.php?f=2?? is the Journal, seconded by Rosie Gray.
For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved that the RA page on the Portal is updated to state that the RA Announcements board on the Forum is the Journal.

7.2 NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act – update archaic language

Lyubov reported that the 31st RA had agreed a revision to wording for citizen consultation on the Forum but a final vote had never been taken. Concerns had been raised about other areas but it was pointed out that the change being considered here was simply to update the language used from ‘City’ to ‘CDS’. Other concerns should be addressed separately.

Following discussion Lyubov motioned to vote to approve the updated text for NL 4-6, as posted to the Forum discussion at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9045 seconded by Kyoko Furse-Barzane.
For: 4 Against: 0, Abstain: 1 (Tanoujin Milestone)

Resolved to approve the updated text for NL 4-6, as posted to the Forum discussion at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9045

7.3 NL 4-16 Prim Allotment Act - reclassify as Archaic, superseded by CDSL 21-01 Permanent Land-Use Commission Act. NL 4-16 at https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-4-16-p ... tment-act/

Lyubov motioned that 7.3 NL 4-16 Prim Allotment Act be reclassified as Archaic, seconded by Richie Deschanel. For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved that NL 4-16 Prim Allotment Act be reclassified as Archaic.

7.4 NL 4-20 Construction Authority Act be reclassified as Archaic, superseded by CDSL 21-01 Permanent Land-Use Commission Act.. NL 4-20 at https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-4-20-c ... s-nl-3-10/

Lyubov motioned that 7.4 NL 4-20 Construction Authority Act be reclassified as Archaic, seconded by Kyoko Furse-Barzane. For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved that NL 4-20 Construction Authority Act be reclassified as Archaic

7.5 NL 8-6 Commerce Act - repeal, no longer relevant or desirable, https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-8-6-commerce-act/

Lyubov motioned that 7.4 NL 8-6 Commerce Act be repealed, seconded by Tanoujin Milestone.
For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved that NL 8-6 Commerce Act be repealed

8. General Announcements

Lyubov: Call for applications for MoCA Curator, to serve from February through July. To apply, send a notecard to Lyubov (20180414 Resident) briefly stating your interest and qualifications. The RA will make appointment at our next meeting. See https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/cdsl-31-1 ... pointment/

Lyubov: LUC Meeting on 11 January at 10:00 SLT.

Lyubov: CDS Event: Freidsee Skating Party on 18 January.

Kyoko Furse-Barzane: The immersive/interactive show is gradually being taken down (MoCA). Kyoko and Delia are planning an interim exhibit to carry to the next term of the curatorship.

Tanoujin Milestone: Monastery is under construction now, while the old ensemble remains in place.

9. Date of next meeting

Lyubov expressed a desire to hold an RA meeting at a weekend as the Chancellor is only able to attend weekend RA meetings, and there are several more Citizens who may be able to join us on a weekend.

Following discussion on suitable dates Lyubov motioned that the next RA meeting be set for Saturday, 25 January, beginning at 1200 SLT, seconded by Richie Deschanel. For: 5 Against: 0

Resolved that the next RA meeting be held on Saturday, 25 January at 12:00 SLT

10. Motion to adjourn

Lyubov motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Tanoujin Milestone. For: 5 Against : 0

Resolved that the meeting be adjourned

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”