Transcript, RA Meeting 18-May-2020

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Transcript, RA Meeting 18-May-2020

Post by Lyubov »

Transcript, RA Meeting 18-May-2020

RA Members Present: Kyoko Furse-Barzane, Lyubov Atheria, Richie Deschanel, Rosie Gray, Tanoujin Milestone
Richie Deschanel

Also Present: ALmut Brunswick, Brooke Brandenburg, Lia Venuto, Mizou Vavoom, Vic Mornington

[12:00] Lyubov Atheria: The first item on today's agenda under Administrative Business is 1.1 Review and approve the agenda, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9484
[12:00] Lyubov Atheria: May I have a motion to approve the agenda?
[12:01] Richie Deschanel: move to approve
[12:01] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: sercondf
[12:01] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: or second
[12:01] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Richie and Kyoko.
[12:01] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to approve the agenda.
[12:01] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:01] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[12:01] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:01] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: The next item is 1.2 Review and approve the minutes 5-May-2020, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9477
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: May I have a motion to approve the minutes?
[12:02] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: move to approve the minutes
[12:02] Richie Deschanel: second
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Kyoko and Richie.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to approve the minutes.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:02] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:02] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[12:02] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *2. Executive Report
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Chancellor Emilia is unable to join us for today's meeting, but she has posted a report to the Forum at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9486
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: I will read her report now into the record:
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Message to the Representative Assembly of the 32nd Term and incoming 33rd.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: Greetings to the members of the Representative Assembly. Thank you for your dedication and hard work in the 32nd Term. You have pressed out the law and kept watch over our budget process, our land development, and you have nurtured the sense of community that has always prevailed here.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: I welcome the new members of the 33rd RA. I offer my congratulations to Rosie Gray, to be sworn in on May 25th as Chancellor, of the 33rd Term. Thank you for being a mentor to me.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: As a final gesture, the 32nd Term has been fortunate to line up entertainment for a Homecoming this Sunday, May 24th, from 11am SL to 2pm SL, with music by Joaquin Gustav and Callipygian Christensen.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: This will be our final event on the May calendar with the May budget.
[12:04] Lyubov Atheria: We have welcomed several new Citizens, many of them returning Citizens. This is something to be proud of; being a true home.
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you for having me as Chancellor.
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: Blue skies, and fair weather to all.
Emilia Dagostino
18 May 2020
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: Done.
[12:05] Rosie Gray: ··•°•··..☺ Applauds! ☺ ..··•°•··..
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Chancellor Emilia!
[12:05] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Applause!!
[12:05] Richie Deschanel: i would like to suugest a vote of thanks to Emilia
[12:05] Rosie Gray: thank you to Emilia for stepping up!
[12:05] Lyubov Atheria: Agreed Richie!
[12:06] Richie Deschanel: We need people to step up and she did
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that we hereby resolve to thank Chancellor Emilia for the fine work this term and stepping up into the role when asked.
[12:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: second
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Kyoko.
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that we hereby resolve to thank Chancellor Emilia for the fine work this term and stepping up into the role when asked.
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:07] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:07] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:07] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again Emilia!
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: The next item on the agenda is *3. LUC Report, 10 May minutes at viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9482
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, could you provide a LUC report please?
[12:08] Rosie Gray: LUC, yes
[12:08] Rosie Gray: sorry one moment
[12:09] Rosie Gray: the reparcelling of Alpine Meadow is now complete
[12:09] Rosie Gray: we no longer have prim parcels... they are unnecessary
[12:10] Rosie Gray: and the parcels that were and had no access points now have paths to them
[12:10] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Nice :)
[12:10] Rosie Gray: signage is almost complete... just to name the new paths is required
[12:10] Rosie Gray: community centre is almost finished
[12:11] Rosie Gray: and proposals are being thought about to improve Friedsee
[12:11] Rosie Gray: there is also a proposal to make some adjustments to the area at the waterfront in Locus Amoenus
[12:11] Peter from New York is online.
[12:11] Rosie Gray: there is a notecard about that ㋡
[12:12] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie, yes the proposal notecard is in the box if you don't have it already. We will discuss this later in New Business.
[12:12] Rosie Gray: great thank you
[12:12] Richie Deschanel: great work - thank you Rosie and the LUC
[12:12] Rosie Gray: that's everything from the LUC
[12:12] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: That's a lot :)
[12:12] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie, great work!
[12:13] Lyubov Atheria: Does anyone have any questions for Rosie about the LUC report?
[12:13] Richie Deschanel: not me
[12:13] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none. Thank you again Rosie.
[12:13] Almut Brunswick: I will refer to it in the Citizen's Concern
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut, That will be the appropriate time.
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: Next *4. MoCA Update.
[12:14] Lyubov Atheria: Kyoko, do you have a MoCA update?
[12:14] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Delia and I have finally chatted and are working on a new exhibit for the end of June.
[12:14] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: We don't know exactly what yet, but the gears are turning
[12:15] Laura Richards is online.
[12:15] Richie Deschanel: we will wait in anticipation
[12:15] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: So the current show will remain up til mid June.
[12:15] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I will announce it again this week in CDS group
[12:16] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Please buy the new MoCA book, available at MoCA and The NEW Art Gallery
[12:16] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: done
[12:16] Mizou: Hi Brooke
[12:16] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Kyoko. So, this current exhibit will remain in-place for the remainder of the current MoCA Curator term, correct?
[12:16] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: I thought our term ran until August
[12:17] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: The term is one month off the election cycle as I recall
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: In July the RA will appoint the new MoCA Curator. The RA term begins 1 June.
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: So it is likely the appointment will be made in June to be seated 1 July
[12:18] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: well we can talk about that. Technically then this moca term runs until the curator is chosen again
[12:18] Lyubov Atheria: I can check the dates from last year to be certain.
[12:18] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: thank you
[12:18] Lyubov Atheria: With some good fortune, there will not be much change in the leadership of MoCA :)
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Kyoko.
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *5. Citizen Concerns
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Would any citizen like to offer something at this time?
[12:19] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Rosie?
[12:19] Rosie Gray: yes sorry.. was just looking up about theMoCA appointment
[12:19] Rosie Gray: 2) Appointments will be for a time period of 6 months: either August to January or February to July.
[12:20] Rosie Gray: from CDSL 31-1 MoCA Curator Appointment
[12:20] Rosie Gray: done
[12:20] Lyubov Atheria: Ok, so we think *through* the month of July, taking office 1 August?
[12:20] Rosie Gray: that's what it says, from August to January, or February to July
[12:21] Lyubov Atheria: Ok, thank you for clarifying that Rosie, and forgive my mistake Kyoko.
[12:21] Rosie Gray waves at Tan ㋡
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: hey :)
[12:21] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: forgiven
[12:21] Lyubov Atheria: Almut, I see you in the queue. Would you like to state a Citizen Concern at this time?
[12:21] Brooke Brandenburg: Hello Tan :)
[12:21] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: TAN!!!!
[12:21] Mizou: Hi Tan :)
[12:21] Almut Brunswick: I would like to propose something in respect on the LUC meetings: It is not easy to follow the discussions for a relatively new citizen to follow the discussions about places when you don't have an idea where these places actually are
[12:22] Tanoujin Milestone: terrible lag.... and RL kept me busy, forgive my lateness
[12:22] Richie Deschanel: Hi Tan
[12:22] Almut Brunswick: I knwo that Lyubov has started to create something like a 3D diorama to represent the regions as models
[12:22] Mizou is wondering about Tan's chickens :)
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:23] Almut Brunswick: so it would be easier to show which region or plot is currently subject to the discussion
[12:23] Kyoko Furse-Barzane wondering about Tan's seating
[12:23] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: there is a relief map
[12:23] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: but it's old
[12:23] Almut Brunswick: Any form of map or picture would be most welcome
[12:24] Almut Brunswick: I would summarize it as a yet open point of improving communication with citizens
[12:24] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: control M will bring up the SL map which is pretty good for seeing what's what
[12:24] Richie Deschanel: suggest the map in your viewer
[12:24] Richie Deschanel: yes
[12:24] Almut Brunswick: And how can I guess then which part of the sim are you talking about?
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut. The members of the next LUC will be appointed starting at next week's Oath of Office Ceremony meeting. It is certain that some members of the current LUC will not be re-appointed. You may wish to direct your concern to the LUC members after those appointments are made.
[12:24] Almut Brunswick: This is not enough
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: Yes ok, let's postpone it then. Done.
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut.
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any more Citizen Concerns?
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none.
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *6. RA member concerns
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: Would any RA member like to offer something at this time?
[12:26] Rosie Gray: hello Vic ㋡
[12:26] Vic Mornington: *waves*
[12:26] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: Hey Vic!
[12:26] Mizou: Hi vic
[12:26] Richie Deschanel: Hi Vic
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: Would any RA member like to offer something at this time?
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: not me
[12:26] Richie Deschanel: not from me thanks
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you.
[12:26] Rosie Gray: no thank you
[12:27] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *7. Old Business
[12:27] Lyubov Atheria: At our most recent RA meeting we discussed Uncontested election process. There has been an open forum discussion at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9473
[12:27] Lyubov Atheria: At our last meeting, we agreed to several actions:
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: Repleal NL 12-1
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: Replace with a new CDSL 32-1
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: and update CDSL 13-5
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: These proposed changes have been on the forum since the last meeting, for 2 weeks now.
[12:29] Lyubov Atheria: This post contains the proposed actions viewtopic.php?p=49574#p49574
[12:29] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that the RA Repeal NL 12-1 STV Quota Bill,
Approve CDSL 13-05 Chancellor Election Act proposed language at viewtopic.php?p=49574#p49574, and
Create CDSL 32-1 Election Bill (STV Quota), with proposed language at viewtopic.php?p=49574#p49574
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: Do I have a second?
[12:30] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: second
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Kyoko.
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: Does any RA member have any comments or questions before we proceed to a vote?
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: yes Richie?
[12:30] Richie Deschanel: I have read and am happy with the changes
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Richie.
[12:31] Rosie Gray: I am as well
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: I am ready to ote
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: +vote
[12:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane hugs Tan
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: :D
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you RA members.
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that the RA Repeal NL 12-1 STV Quota Bill,
Approve CDSL 13-05 Chancellor Election Act proposed language at viewtopic.php?p=49574#p49574, and
Create CDSL 32-1 Election Bill (STV Quota), with proposed language at viewtopic.php?p=49574#p49574
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone hugs Back and smiles bright
[12:31] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: aye
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:31] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:31] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: The next agenda item is *8. New Business
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: Today's new business item concerns a review and approval of LUC proposed changes to Locus Amoenus harbor median area
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[12:33] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, would you like to introduce this proposal? The proposal is contained in the blue box on the table if you have not reviewed it previously.
[12:33] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Tan?
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: rasied her hand first LOL
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: kk
[12:33] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: But let Rosie present
[12:34] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you I see Kyoko in the queue, then Tan. Rosie first please.
[12:34] Rosie Gray: actually, I would like to ask Mizou to present it, since she is here and it is from her
[12:34] Rosie Gray: Mizou?
[12:34] Mizou: Ah ok sure
[12:34] Mizou: So the roundabout in LA beside the harbour is the area for redesign
[12:35] Mizou: atm it has a round grassy area which is not the middle of the road comign from CN
[12:36] Mizou: 1) create a newer roundabout with the new signage as we have now in AM
[12:36] Mizou: 2) move the kiosk, bicycle rack to the right of the bridge
[12:37] Mizou: 3) add the new 6 sim map also to the right of the bridge
[12:37] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: facing the water or the land?
[12:37] Mizou: 4) I discussed my proposal with Sudane and she made some changes to it
[12:37] Mizou: sorry Kyoko?
[12:37] Mizou: i dont understand?
[12:38] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: to the right of the bridge as it is pictured in the texture?
[12:38] Mizou: Do you meanthe images that I added to the notecard?
[12:38] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: yes:)
[12:39] Mizou: ah ok, yes the smaller roudabout would be in the middle with the signage
[12:39] Mizou: and sudane suggested another round area beside the bridge and out of the way of traffic for all the other important information such as: kiosk, 6 sims map, etc
[12:39] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: the middle of what?
[12:40] Mizou: The middle would be the middle of the road coming down from CN
[12:40] Mizou: where the current median/roudabout is but smaller and more in the middle
[12:41] Lyubov Atheria: I think your proposal sounds great Mizou and I fully support it. It will be a small but pleasant change to the area.
[12:42] Mizou: Thanks and i will work on it with sudane and Rosies suggestions
[12:42] Richie Deschanel: Looks like an improvemnet
[12:42] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Mizou.
[12:42] Mizou: thanks
[12:42] Lyubov Atheria: Kyoko, is that all?
[12:43] Mizou: yes done
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: Tan you wanted to offer something?
[12:43] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: sorry
[12:43] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: no it wasn't
[12:43] Kyoko Furse-Barzane: but since we do not viote on it I will be quiet
[12:44] Tanoujin Milestone: I wanted to mention Chancellor emilia alread approved any changes somewhat carte blanche, and now that I hear rosie is involved in the process we can state that both outgoing and incoming chancellors approve the changes. they are presented to the rA as a courtsey
[12:44] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan.
[12:45] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, the RA's approval is not required in this case, but presented as a courtesy in the interest of transparency.
[12:45] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Mizou.
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: Next on the agenda, *9. General Announcements
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: Chancellor Emilia has just announced, CDS Homecoming Event, Sunday 24 May from 1100 to 1400 SLT.
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone: yay!
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: The Oath of Office Ceremony for the 33rd Term will be Monday 25 May at 1200 SLT, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9480
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: The Mad Hatter's Inaugural Ball is Sunday 7 June, festivities begin at 1130 SLT, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9483
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Everyone here should have received their invitation over the weekend!
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: The next LUC meeting is Sunday 14 June at 0800 SLT, minutes for 10 May at viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9482
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: Lastly, a Call for nominees to join LUC for 33rd term, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9479
[12:48] Mizou raises hand
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: The incoming RA will make appointments to the LUC at the meeting immediately following the Oath of Office Ceremony next Monday.
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Does anyone else have a General Announcement to make?
[12:49] Almut Brunswick: Yes!
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Please, Almut.
[12:49] Almut Brunswick: You just got my appointment
[12:49] Almut Brunswick: :)
[12:49] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut.
[12:50] Almut Brunswick: It will be difficult to me to attend, but I will try to make it
[12:50] Almut Brunswick: (in case that I will be nominated and confirmed of course)
[12:50] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut.
[12:50] Mizou raises hand
[12:50] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Mizou?
[12:51] Mizou: I have sent you my appointment as well for the LUC nominees
[12:51] Mizou: i am very eager to continue the work
[12:51] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, thank you Mizou.
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: Our next agenda item is *10. Next Meeting
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: This is the final meeting of the 32nd term.
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: The next meeting will be the Oath of Office Ceremony for the incoming Chancellor and RA for the 33rd term, on Monday 25 May at 1200 SLT.
[12:53] Lyubov Atheria: Lastly, I motion to adjourn.
[12:53] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[12:53] Richie Deschanel: raises and
[12:53] Richie Deschanel: hand
[12:53] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan.
[12:53] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Richie?
[12:54] Richie Deschanel: before we adjourn I would like to thank you all - I have enjoyed my term and in the words of Arnie 'I'll be back' !
[12:54] Richie Deschanel: done
[12:54] Rosie Gray: hehe
[12:54] Kyoko Furse-Barzane giggles
[12:54] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Richie! You will be missed, but never far!
[12:54] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to adjourn.
[12:54] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:54] Richie Deschanel: aye
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:55] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:55] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, this meeting is now adjourned.

Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”