Transcript - 6 October 2020 RA Meeting

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: Forum Gai Nebuleuntis Curionis, Colonia Nova
Contact:

Transcript - 6 October 2020 RA Meeting

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

[12:01] Lyubov Atheria: Welcome everyone to today's RA meeting. I now call this meeting to order.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: The first item on the agenda is 1.1 Review and approve the agenda, https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9610
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: I motion to approve the agenda as posted.
[12:02] Guillaume Mistwalker: second
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Gaius.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to approve the agenda as posted.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:02] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:02] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:02] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:02] Lyubov Atheria: Next, 1.2 Review and approve the minutes 22-September-2020, https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9600
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: I motion to approve the minutes as posted.
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke.
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to approve the minutes as posted.
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:03] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:03] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *2. Executive Report
[12:03] Lyubov Atheria: Chancellor Rosie, you have the floor.
[12:03] Rosie Gray: ah
[12:04] Rosie Gray: thank you
[12:04] Rosie Gray: I have been busy chasing people for tiers (nothing new there)
[12:04] Rosie Gray: but today I noticed a problem with the land transfer scanner, where it didn't notify EMs about the purchase of a parcel
[12:05] Rosie Gray: so this is a concern
[12:06] Rosie Gray: I have sent a notecard to all EMs about it so that we can be extra vigilant about looking at the parcels of land and noticing if there is something missing from our actions
[12:06] Rosie Gray: I think that's all I have to report right now
[12:06] Laura Azalee: q
[12:06] Lyubov Atheria: Please, Laura?
[12:07] Laura Azalee: when did you send the note? I dont think I got it
[12:07] Rosie Gray: just a few minutes ago
[12:07] Laura Azalee: ah
[12:07] Laura Azalee: let me check thn
[12:07] Lyubov Atheria: Chancedllor, are there plans for a Halloween party this year?
[12:08] Rosie Gray: not as of yet, but there will be one
[12:08] Laura Azalee: no
[12:08] Laura Azalee: I didnt get it
[12:08] Laura Azalee: done
[12:08] Rosie Gray: you are on the recipients list, Laura
[12:08] Rosie Gray: maybe look in your trash
[12:08] Laura Azalee: no cant be n trash
[12:09] Lyubov Atheria: We can troubleshoot the email outside the meeting perhaps?
[12:09] Rosie Gray: well, I sent it to you
[12:09] Laura Azalee: ah wait
[12:09] Laura Azalee: it was an email?
[12:09] Rosie Gray: yes
[12:09] Laura Azalee: sorry will shut up now Lyubov
[12:09] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any additional comments or questions for the Chancellor? I would like to thank Rosie for the amazing Oktoberfest activities, four fabulous days of events!
[12:10] Lyubov Atheria: I hear no additional comments or questions. Thank you Chancellor!
[12:10] Lyubov Atheria: The next agenda item is *3. Land Use Commission Report
[12:10] Lyubov Atheria: Brooke, would you like to present your report now please?
[12:10] Brooke Brandenburg: Yes. Thank you.
[12:10] Brooke Brandenburg: This report covers the Oct. 4th meeting of the LUC.
[12:11] Brooke Brandenburg: 4. Old Business:
A. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery - update.
Almut has the first part of the old sluice done, but no final texture yet. She will next create the pathways.
When all is complete, but not textured, the Chancellor will review the products before placement and
final texturization. The final version will allow for seasonal texture changes.
[12:11] Brooke Brandenburg: B. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law.
Lyubov opened a forum discussion for a proposed Transparent Region Development Act. Responses have
been posted and a concept is evolving, clarifying the role of Chancellor and the processes involved
[12:11] Brooke Brandenburg: 5. New Business
A: LA Coast Line Renewal project for the southwest corner.
Sudane has prepared a concept drawing of her suggestions for revamping the coastline.
[12:11] Brooke Brandenburg: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nss ... sp=sharing
[12:12] Brooke Brandenburg: The document shows a more organic shoreline and more parcel density. Buildings would be anchored
to the parcels and the style of them is still being discussed. Several builders will work on the houses
once a consensus is reached on style. At that point, it will become a proposition for the RA to vote on.
[12:12] Brooke Brandenburg: At our last RA meeting, the RA voted on a request that “the LUC be directed to create and publish a
proposal by 31 October 2020 for a redevelopment project in one region of CDS with the greatest
potential to have a positive impact on parcel sales and region occupancy.”

It was decided by the LUC that the questions Lyubov included in her notes to Almut before the
meeting - and regarding this request - deserve some thoughtful consideration through a group
discussion, probably occurring by email.
[12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: B. Road/path mesh project - Report to be given by Sudane, but once again postponed.
[12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: 6. Miscellaneous.
Regarding the questions mentioned above, discussion brought up the topic of how to attract - and keep -
more landowners in the CDS. It was suggested that we look at other long-lived and successful sims/regions
in SL to hopefully gain some insights. Mizou has agreed to visit Ville de Coeur and examine the buildings and landscaping there. Frequency of events will be taken into consideration also.
[12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: 7. Next Meeting: Sunday, October 18, 12 PM SLT.
[12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: Done
[12:13] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke! Please allow me a moment to catch up with my reading! :)
[12:14] Brooke Brandenburg: I hope I didn't go too fast...sorry!
[12:14] Almut Brunswick: Smiles, apparently it's been a productive meeting then :D
[12:14] Brooke Brandenburg: I thought so!
[12:14] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:15] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, looks great, thank you Brooke and thank you Almut!
[12:15] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[12:15] Almut Brunswick: :)
[12:15] Lyubov Atheria: I have two short comments:
[12:16] Lyubov Atheria: Regarding the RA request and Sudane's suggestion, I hope the LUC performs due diligence and creates a proposal with a primary focus on marketability, with the goal of attracting net new owners in CDS, and not simply a migration of current Citizens to the newest development.
[12:16] Almut Brunswick: Nods!
[12:16] Almut Brunswick: Hence the Miscellaneous discussion
[12:16] Lyubov Atheria: Secondly, at our last RA meeting, I noted that the LUC was interested in replacing the wooden walkway along Monastery Lake and that the RA was awaiting a proposal. Yesterday, Delia posted a brief proposal to the Forum at https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9611 (as Delia walks in the door!)
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: Does anyone have any further comments or questions about the LUC meeting before we continue?
[12:17] Delia Lake: lol
[12:17] Rosie Gray: hi Delia
[12:17] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: captain on the bridge
[12:17] Delia Lake: Hi. this is still my work day so apologies in advance if Im slow to respond
[12:17] Lyubov Atheria: Please, Almut your comment?
[12:18] Almut Brunswick: Sudane could not present her road concept again and Delia could not attend the meeting yesterday, so whatever she will present now was not subject to the LUC meeting
[12:19] Almut Brunswick: done
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Thank your for this clarification Almut.
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: Also, thank you Delia for your post. I encourage everyone to read and comment as appropriate.
[12:19] Lyubov Atheria: The next agenda item is *4. Road Committee Update
[12:20] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[12:20] Lyubov Atheria: Gaius, could you share an update with us please? I understand that there are names prepared for consideration today?
[12:20] Guillaume Mistwalker: Yes, there are.
[12:21] Guillaume Mistwalker: After a poll for suggestions and also several public meetings, the Road Committee has come up with a few recommendations for road names in Locus Amoenus.
[12:21] Guillaume Mistwalker: You can find the list here. https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9609
[12:21] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[12:21] Guillaume Mistwalker: That link includes the list and a corresponding map that was the basis for deciding on the names.
[12:22] Guillaume Mistwalker: One final comment before I am done.
[12:22] Guillaume Mistwalker: There are two suggestions that were left somewhat open, #1 and G.
[12:23] Guillaume Mistwalker: G has two close proposals, #1 was left open for public comment on the forums but only one response was given.
[12:23] Guillaume Mistwalker: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9568
[12:23] Guillaume Mistwalker: (Thank you Laura)
[12:23] Guillaume Mistwalker: Done.
[12:23] Laura Azalee: ^^
[12:24] Lyubov Atheria: Let's see if we can quickly resolve #1 and G right now...with only one public comment, I feel comfortable accepting Laura's suggetion. Does anyone here have any feelings about G? g. Strada delle vigne/dei vigneti
[12:24] Laura Azalee: they are pretty much the same
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: What does it mean?
[12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: what does that mean Laura?
[12:25] Laura Azalee: road of vineyards
[12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: ah that's good then
[12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: gets my vote
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: Ah
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: Yes
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: Better then Brewer's lane :D
[12:25] Lyubov Atheria: So, which choice exactly?
[12:25] Almut Brunswick: than*
[12:26] Laura Azalee: I'd go for the first one, but like I said, they are the same
[12:26] Almut Brunswick: dei vigneti is plural?
[12:26] Laura Azalee: yes
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: First it shall be :)
[12:26] Brooke Brandenburg: Laura knows best
[12:26] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: Laura Knows Best (tm)
[12:26] Almut Brunswick: yes, she is the native speaker
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: right, Lets follow Laura
[12:26] Lyubov Atheria: and 1 shall be "Decumano" correct?
[12:27] Laura Azalee: I suggested the Latin word Decumanus... but DEcumano is ok
[12:27] Almut Brunswick: Something with 10?
[12:27] Lyubov Atheria: Then Decumanus I think we should prefer.
[12:27] Laura Azalee: it's the same actually
[12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: Decumanus & Cardo were streets that crossed in a town or city
[12:27] Guillaume Mistwalker: One is Latin, the other is Italian.
[12:28] Brooke Brandenburg: from the Roman military camps originally
[12:28] Laura Azalee: the Decumanus was one of they main roads in roman towns Almut
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: These are the proposed names then, as I understand:
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: LOCUS AMOENUS

1. Decumanus

2. Cadence's Quay

3. Ponte dei Perduti

4. Lungomare Molly Medier

5. Via Luna

6. Riva dei Rustici

7. Riva degli Artigiani

8. Riva dei Pescatori

a. Vicolo Greco

b. Strada Tortuosa

c=d. Via degli Ulivi

e. Vicolo Bagheera Kristan

f. Via Fiume

g. Strada delle vigne
[12:28] Lyubov Atheria: Is this correct?
[12:28] Laura Azalee: on second thoughts... since all the other names are in Italian...maybe DEcumano is better
[12:29] Guillaume Mistwalker: That was my thinking, Laura.
[12:29] Laura Azalee: ok
[12:29] Guillaume Mistwalker: (I do sometimes have good ideas!)
[12:29] Laura Azalee: ha!
[12:29] Lyubov Atheria: So, to correct:
[12:29] Lyubov Atheria: 1. Decumano

2. Cadence's Quay

3. Ponte dei Perduti

4. Lungomare Molly Medier

5. Via Luna

6. Riva dei Rustici

7. Riva degli Artigiani

8. Riva dei Pescatori

a. Vicolo Greco

b. Strada Tortuosa

c=d. Via degli Ulivi

e. Vicolo Bagheera Kristan

f. Via Fiume

g. Strada delle vigne
[12:29] Lyubov Atheria: Is this right Laura?
[12:30] Laura Azalee: yes
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: i think Laura opted for Strada delle vigne?
[12:30] Laura Azalee: yes
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, okay
[12:30] Guillaume Mistwalker: That's what Lyubov has there, yes.
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: isee
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: new glasses , sorry
[12:30] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that the following names be adopted: 1. Decumanus

2. Cadence's Quay

3. Ponte dei Perduti

4. Lungomare Molly Medier

5. Via Luna

6. Riva dei Rustici

7. Riva degli Artigiani

8. Riva dei Pescatori

a. Vicolo Greco

b. Strada Tortuosa

c=d. Via degli Ulivi

e. Vicolo Bagheera Kristan

f. Via Fiume

g. Strada delle vigne
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Is there a second?
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: i second
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan.

[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that the following names be adopted, 1. Decumanus

2. Cadence's Quay

3. Ponte dei Perduti

4. Lungomare Molly Medier

5. Via Luna

6. Riva dei Rustici

7. Riva degli Artigiani

8. Riva dei Pescatori

a. Vicolo Greco

b. Strada Tortuosa

c=d. Via degli Ulivi

e. Vicolo Bagheera Kristan

f. Via Fiume

g. Strada delle vigne
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:31] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:31] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:31] Guillaume Mistwalker: Aye
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:31] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you for the excellent work Gaius!
[12:32] Guillaume Mistwalker: ㋡
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: very nice!
[12:32] Almut Brunswick: clap clap clap
[12:32] Brooke Brandenburg: well done
[12:32] Guillaume Mistwalker: Thank you, Mme LRA.
[12:32] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[12:32] Rosie Gray: love those names!
[12:32] Brooke Brandenburg: and thank you Laura!
[12:32] Guillaume Mistwalker: Yes!
[12:32] Guillaume Mistwalker: Thank you, Laura.
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: Chancellor Rosie, please be advised that these road names have been approved and you may update maps, signage and related items as appropriate :)
[12:32] Lyubov Atheria: Especially thank you Laura!
[12:32] Rosie Gray: thank you Ms. LRA
[12:33] Laura Azalee: I didnt do that much...
[12:33] Rosie Gray: Especially thank you Guillaume!
[12:33] Guillaume Mistwalker: Thank you to everyone who participated!
[12:33] Lyubov Atheria: Laura only kept us from doing Very Bad Things with the Italian language :D
[12:33] Laura Azalee: lol
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: and thanks to the sign makers in advance, lol
[12:33] Brooke Brandenburg: hehe
[12:34] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you once again to all involved :)
[12:34] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *5. Citizen Concerns
[12:34] Lyubov Atheria: Would any Citizen like to share something at this time?
[12:34] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:34] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Almut?
[12:35] Almut Brunswick: Yes please. Regarding the coming elections, I checked my New Citizen's Guide and saw that there is still a missing section about the procedure. Just a laconic comment
[12:36] Delia Lake raises her hand
[12:36] Rosie Gray: c
[12:36] Almut Brunswick: I would ask everone here to contribute some information to close this gap and not just to point on the laws
[12:36] Almut Brunswick: done
[12:36] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut. Delia has a comment, then Rosie please.
[12:37] Delia Lake: when I post announcements regarding candidates and voting, each time I'll post procedures as well
[12:37] Delia Lake: SC Dean does this announcement posting
[12:38] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Delia. Rosie?
[12:38] Rosie Gray: thank you
[12:38] Rosie Gray: I did point out all of the relevant laws on the forum thread, and that the SC Dean makes announcements so that citizens will know what is required and what to do
[12:39] Almut Brunswick: c
[12:39] Rosie Gray: I would suggest that if that's not enough, then Almut might need to read through them all and create her own condensed version. Otherwise, all the information is there and it's pretty hard to know how to make it more understandable.
[12:39] Rosie Gray: done
[12:40] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie. Almut, you have a final comment?
[12:40] Almut Brunswick: That is true, Rosie, and I went through the laws. It is, however, a bit like picking raising from a cake. Therefore I would really prefer to have a more condensed version in th eguide rather than to wait for the official announcements.
[12:41] Almut Brunswick: Done.
[12:41] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut for raising your concerns.
[12:41] Tanoujin Milestone: c
[12:41] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Tan?
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: A constructive suggestion: lets wait for the dean to post the procedures, and us it in a time neutral version for the citizens' guide
[12:42] Rosie Gray nods
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: r
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: I think this is an excellent suggestion Tan. We can use this cycle to take elements from the Dean's announcements to enhance your guide Almut.
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: I see no further Citizen Concerns, thank you.
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *6. RA member concerns
[12:43] Lyubov Atheria: Would any RA member like to share something at this time?
[12:44] Brooke Brandenburg: nothing from me, thanks
[12:44] Tanoujin Milestone: i have none
[12:44] Laura Azalee: not me
[12:44] Guillaume Mistwalker: None here.
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you RA members.
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *7. Old Business
[12:44] Lyubov Atheria: Discussion of reform to LUC Act and new Transparent Region Development Act. See Forum topics at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9527 and https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9596
[12:45] Lyubov Atheria: I would like to note that, this discussion is ongoing. It appears that we are still a great distance from any text ready for a vote.
[12:45] Brooke Brandenburg: Motion to table this discussion.
[12:45] Laura Azalee: second
[12:45] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura.
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone: (with the sidenote we all should do our best to contribute to the discussion and bring the transparency act forward)
[12:46] Lyubov Atheria: I agree Tan.
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: There is a motion to table this discussion as we continue to bring this item to a conclusion.
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote to table the current discussion.
[12:47] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[12:47] Laura Azalee: aye
[12:47] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[12:47] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: Next, *8. New Business
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: The Chancellor has brought to my attention an issue with private parcel sounds spamming visitors outside of the owner's parcel itself.
[12:48] Lyubov Atheria: Rosie, would you like to comment on your suggestion please?
[12:48] Rosie Gray: yes
[12:49] Rosie Gray: this past Oktoberfest, one of our past citizens put out a sign that had a repeating video with audio on it
[12:50] Rosie Gray: she forgot about it, and it was VERY annoying, and could be heard from most of the sim
[12:50] Rosie Gray: I eventually sent it back after trying to get her to come and get it
[12:50] Rosie Gray: but it made me think about this and our covenant, that it should be a given that you can't put some media like that on your parcel and not restrict it to your parcel
[12:51] Rosie Gray: there have been other instances
[12:51] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, yes
[12:51] Rosie Gray: fortunately, the SL tools allow us to restrict sounds to our own parcels, so it is easy enough to do
[12:51] Rosie Gray: so, I ask that the RA consider adding that to our General Covenants
[12:51] Rosie Gray: and, while doing so
[12:52] Rosie Gray: there is also, from the same person, a repeating welcome message that you get spammed with every time you walk past
[12:52] Rosie Gray: I think these should also be restricted to private parcels
[12:52] Rosie Gray: in the same way
[12:52] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[12:52] Rosie Gray: done
[12:52] Laura Azalee: c
[12:52] Lyubov Atheria: Please, Laura?
[12:53] Laura Azalee: actually I would restrict ALL sounds to parcels..if someonne has noisy birds or dogs or whatever tht may be natural, but i dont see why neighbours should put up with them since they can be easily stopped
[12:54] Laura Azalee: done r
[12:54] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura.
[12:54] Brooke Brandenburg: I personally enjoy the environmental sounds in place on the sims. I would hate to lose those.
[12:54] Rosie Gray nods at Brooke
[12:54] Brooke Brandenburg: river sounds, birds
[12:54] Brooke Brandenburg: all very nice
[12:54] Laura Azalee: honestly dont
[12:55] Brooke Brandenburg: but spamming us is out or should be
[12:55] Rosie Gray: you do have the ability to turn them down or off
[12:55] Brooke Brandenburg: yes it's an individual choice
[12:56] Lyubov Atheria: So, we are in general agreement that non-natural sounds must be restricted to the parcel itself (and greeters), but there is a question of whether and what exactly "natural" sounds may be allowed, correct?
[12:56] Rosie Gray: c
[12:56] Lyubov Atheria: Yes Rosie?
[12:56] Rosie Gray: one thing to consider
[12:56] Rosie Gray: with the natural sounds
[12:57] Lyubov Atheria: I would not expect that "public lands" would restrict parcel sounds (ie. waves)....
[12:57] Laura Azalee: no not public (unfortunately) lol
[12:57] Rosie Gray: is that if you restricted all sounds to parcels, then when you walked down a road you would be missing the gradual entry of bird song, river sounds, etc and then the gradual fading away of them
[12:57] Rosie Gray: ummm... can I finish?
[12:58] Rosie Gray: one of the things about a soundscape is having that kind of thing... where it fades in a fades out as appropriate
[12:59] Rosie Gray: of course I don't like the old fireplaces that roar like they are massive bonfires either, but the birds, fountains, things like that are lovely and I think we would be making a mistake to remove the ability to hear them all
[12:59] Rosie Gray: this sign was another matter
[12:59] Rosie Gray: we don't want to make our regions sterile
[12:59] Rosie Gray: done
[12:59] Ϻơơƞɽɩŝɛ (moonrise.azalee): q
[13:00] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Rosie. Moon, you have a comment?
[13:00] Ϻơơƞɽɩŝɛ (moonrise.azalee): Question yes, about sounds, Sounds are only played when the center of the object that plays them is within visable draw distance, is that correct? in general? (what I read in the firestorm wiki)
[13:01] Lyubov Atheria: I'm not sure...I think that might be subject to the object and also the viewer's falloff setting...that falloff may be quick or not.
[13:01] Ϻơơƞɽɩŝɛ (moonrise.azalee): meaning i suppose that natural sounds on the CDS public lands should be fine, there is a way to ignore items that make sounds if people want, fromm their own controls, or from volume. but restricted to purchased lands makese sense most likely
[13:01] Ϻơơƞɽɩŝɛ (moonrise.azalee) nods
[13:02] Ϻơơƞɽɩŝɛ (moonrise.azalee): done
[13:02] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Moon.
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: q to Laura
[13:02] Lyubov Atheria: Please Tan.
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: ty. I have some difficulties to understand, Laura, i would like to know more about your personal experience
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: are you annoyed by natural sounds like chirping, birdsong and waves?
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:04] Laura Azalee: not by the chirping or waves no
[13:04] Laura Azalee: but very noisy stuff
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: r
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, I get your point
[13:04] Guillaume Mistwalker: q
[13:04] Laura Azalee: we should also remember that sounds are on a loop
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: howling wolves, barking dogs, that bonfires Rosie mentions
[13:04] Laura Azalee: so the SAME sound is repeated ALL the time
[13:05] Tanoujin Milestone nods
[13:05] Laura Azalee: I was on the other side once
[13:05] Laura Azalee: I had some cats miaowling all the time and my neighbours hated me
[13:05] Brooke Brandenburg: lol
[13:05] Rosie Gray: lol
[13:05] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that draft text concerning “"Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" be posted to the General board on the Forum, proposing that all "non-natural" sounds (and greeter messages) be restricted, and posing the question of whether "natural" sounds should also be restricted. This restriction would be an item in General Rules included in the General Covenant, https://cdsdemocracy.org/cds-themes/
[13:06] Laura Azalee: second that
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: good
[13:06] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Laura.
[13:06] Guillaume Mistwalker: r
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, thanks for explaining
[13:06] Lyubov Atheria: It "should" be a simple one-line item but I will need help drafting this.
[13:06] Lyubov Atheria: Moon you have a question?
[13:07] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that draft text concerning “"Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" be posted to the General board on the Forum, proposing that all "non-natural" sounds (and greeter messages) be restricted, and posing the question of whether "natural" sounds should also be restricted. This restriction would be an item in General Rules included in the General Covenant, https://cdsdemocracy.org/cds-themes/
[13:07] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:07] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:07] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:08] Brooke Brandenburg: abstain
[13:08] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:08] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:08] Lyubov Atheria: Finally, we come to *9. General Announcements
[13:08] Tanoujin Milestone: yay
[13:08] Lyubov Atheria: Events:

10 October – Monastery Grand Opening
[13:08] Tanoujin Milestone: at noon!
[13:09] Lyubov Atheria: Tan, would you like to tell us about this event please?
[13:09] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, Sudane has finished in general, but she will go on tweaking and fiddling for weeks to come
[13:09] Lyubov Atheria: Wonderful!
[13:09] Tanoujin Milestone: nevertheless it is time for a little party
[13:10] Lyubov Atheria: Absolutely! at 1200 SLT on 10 October! :D
[13:10] Rosie Gray: c
[13:10] Tanoujin Milestone: so I would be happy to welcome anyone interested in a thank you and bravo party for Sudane next saturday at noon
[13:10] Tanoujin Milestone: at the new monastery
[13:10] Tanoujin Milestone: Verduu will DJ
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: so, please consider to come and have a good time dancing and chatting
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:11] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan. Rosie?
[13:11] Rosie Gray: thank you, just a question for Tan
[13:12] Rosie Gray: I noticed that you have the Monastery parcel under the group that Arria had it, and it has a specific description
[13:12] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, i did no
[13:12] Rosie Gray: just wondering if you are managing that group now and have considered changing the description
[13:12] Tanoujin Milestone: t take care ;)
[13:12] Rosie Gray: thank you
[13:12] Tanoujin Milestone: i will check into that
[13:13] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: could be a nice move to invite the group members and update the description if necessary, thanks for the hint
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Great ideas!
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Tan so much for reviving the Monastery :)
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Next:
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Elections:

9 October – Qualification deadline to run for office

16 October – Qualification deadline to vote

21 October – Call for candidates
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Please look for notices from our Dean of the SC, Delia in the coming days and weeks.
[13:14] Almut Brunswick: c
[13:14] Lyubov Atheria: Lastly, Meetings:

18 October – Land Use Commission meeting, 1200 SLT

24 October – Government Question Time, 0900 SLT

1 November – Scientific Council meeting, 0900 SLT
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Almut, you have a comment?
[13:15] Almut Brunswick: Qualification deadline is then in 3 days!
[13:15] Almut Brunswick: That is quite close
[13:15] Tanoujin Milestone: pay your tier and you will be good
[13:15] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: To qualify, just make sure you own a parcel and your tier is paid :)
[13:15] Almut Brunswick: Ah ok
[13:15] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[13:15] Almut Brunswick: ty:D
[13:15] Almut Brunswick: I did
[13:15] Rosie Gray: :D
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: Are there any additional General Announcements?
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: I hear none, thank you.
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: *10. Next RA Meeting

Propose: Tuesday 20 October at 1200 SLT
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: I motion that the next RA meeting be Tuesday 20 October at 1200 SLT
[13:16] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[13:16] Laura Azalee: second
[13:16] Laura Azalee: third!
[13:16] Laura Azalee: LOL
[13:16] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Broke and Laura.
[13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: you go L!
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Please vote, that the next RA meeting be Tuesday 20 October at 1200 SLT
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[13:17] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:17] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:17] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, the motion carries.
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: I now motion to adjourn.
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: A second?
[13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: please
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Brooke.
[13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: I motion to adjourn.
[13:17] Guillaume Mistwalker: Second
[13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Aye
[13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[13:18] Laura Azalee: aye
[13:18] Guillaume Mistwalker: aye
[13:18] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you, this meeting is now adjourned.
[13:18] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you
Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”