Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

PROPOSED AGENDA FOR THE 3rd 21st RA MEETING, JULY 10, 7-9PM

Post by Cadence Theas »

Agenda for the third 21st RA meeting, July 10, 2014, 7-9pm SLT

I want to thank the RA members and the attending public for contributing to a very pleasant second session on July 4th (and to the Americans for giving up part of their holiday to be present at the session). I do think that we can accomplish more in an atmosphere of amicability, working towards a common goal by working subsequently through our differences in a spirit of compromise and reciprocity.

1) Administrative Business (15 minutes)

1.1) Review and approve agenda

1.2) Review and approval of the previous June 4, 2014 meeting minutes

1.3) Executive Report.

The chancellor has been invited to attend this session to give his monthly report as required by law.

2) Citizen Concerns

3) RA Members’ Concerns

4) Old Business (10 min.)

4.1) Second to Gwyn’s motion July 4, 2014

Second to Gwyn’s motion to ask the SC if, under the current laws, the Treasurer and the EO are Civil Servants or not, and report back to the RA with the answer. She further moved to table the current need for a waiver until after the SC responds to the question.

5) New Business (65 min.)

5.1) RA participation in the Government Hour

To establish a schedule with the dates the Chancellor reserved for other branches of government, and persons who will represent the RA.

5.2) Presentation of legislative projects for the 21st session to be scheduled during the term
To determine a calendar for the introduction of legislative projects, the assignation of study committees if the RA so decides, the participants of said committees (RA and non-RA members based on interest and knowledge), and a calendar of completion to present finished legislation to the RA for consideration.

5.3) First projects discussion. Topic to be determined based on final legislative project priority survey.
The project is not yet identified. I hope to have the missing responses from the RA before the meeting tomorrow to be able to complete the legislation project calendar, and identify what project(s) we start in this 3rd session of the term.

5.4) Other new issues

6) Commission Reports

NA

7) General Announcements (5 min.)

8 ) Next RA Meeting (5 min)

9) Adjourn

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”