PROPOSED AGENDA FOR THE 4th 21st RA MEETING. AUG 1, 8AM SLT

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

PROPOSED AGENDA FOR THE 4th 21st RA MEETING. AUG 1, 8AM SLT

Post by Cadence Theas »

I am enclosing the proposed agenda for the 4th meeting of the 21st RA. As always, the public is encouraged to be there and be a part of the discussion and legislative process. This meeting is particularly important because we will be beginning the legislative projects.

Agenda for the fourth 21st RA meeting, August 1, 2014, 8-10am SLT

1) Administrative Business (15 minutes)

1.1) Review and approve agenda

1.2) Review and approval of the previous July 10, 2014 meeting minutes

1.3) Executive Report.
Due to the short notice for this RA meeting, the chancellor has not been invited to participate nor to present his executive report.

2) Citizen Concerns

3) RA Members’ Concerns

4) Old Business

4.1) Legislative Project Agenda for the 21st RA term

Based on the results of the survey conducted to the RA members, the following legislative agenda for the term is proposed:

Order of Legislative projects for the 21st RA
1 Power of the chancellor
2 Checks and balances
3 New sim legislation
4 Building commission
5 New sim
6 Archie and Hippo access
7 Conflict of interest
8 Handling harassment
9 NSF School to Guild act
10 Citizen oversight
11 Liquidation of CDS
12 Referendums

This list does not preclude other legislative priorities that acquire circumstantial importance based on things happening in CDS or in other branches of government. The idea is to determine a calendar for the introduction of legislative projects, the assignation of study committees if the RA so decides, the participants of said committees (RA and non-RA members based on interest and knowledge), and a calendar of completion to present finished legislation to the RA for consideration. If there is no issue with this order, we can begin to address the projects in this session. When the time comes, I will be asking RA members to consider abstention from discussion and voting during certain issues, although hopefully this issue will be taken care of in part by the Checks and Balances legislation.

5) New Business (65 min.)

5.1) First projects discussion. Topic to be determined based on final legislative project priority survey.

The projects are not yet approved. This topic will be determined by agenda point 4.1.

5.2) Other new issues

5.2.1) Bill proposal: Management of Official Media Channels of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators Act

5.2.2) Bill proposal: Consent for Snapshots and Machinima Act

(http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 991#p29991)

6) Commission Reports
NA

7) General Announcements (5 min.)

8 ) Next RA Meeting (5 min)

9) Adjourn

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”