Transcript: RA Meeting 11 August 2014 8:30 SLT

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Transcript: RA Meeting 11 August 2014 8:30 SLT

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Members of RA present: Cadence Theas, LRA; CLEOPATRA Xigalia, Rosie Gray and Tor Karlsvalt

Chancellor Ceasar Xigalia presenting a report.

[20:29:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): "CDS? I thought I was in Colorado!"
[20:31:10] Cadence Theas: Well, Gwyn was going to try to make it, but we can start without her, we want to start on time because of the chancellors schedule
[20:32:41] Cadence Theas: Thank you all for being here. This is an important time because we have started the commission to begin to look at the different issues in CDS
[20:33:06] Cadence Theas: this meeting is going to be a little different, I changed the order of the agenda to accommodate the chancellor
[20:33:12] Cadence Theas: and his limited time to be here
[20:33:31] Cadence Theas: so I would like to call the session to order and start with the first time which is to approve the agenda
[20:34:00] Cadence Theas: is there a motion to approve the agenda for this meeting?
[20:34:13] Rosie Gray: so moved
[20:34:19] Cadence Theas: second?
[20:34:19] Bagheera Kristan is online.
[20:34:42] Tor Karlsvalt: second
[20:34:46] Cadence Theas: ty
[20:34:51] Cadence Theas: is there any discussion?
[20:35:04] Bagheera Kristan is offline.
[20:35:14] Cadence Theas: then I call the motion to a vote
[20:35:20] Rosie Gray: aye
[20:35:44] Cadence Theas: Tor? Cleo?
[20:35:47] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[20:36:00] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: Hello all to you too hello
[20:36:11] Cadence Theas: Cleo, do you approve the agenda?
[20:36:17] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: abstain
[20:36:21] Cadence Theas: aye
[20:36:26] Cadence Theas: the agenda is approved
[20:36:39] Cadence Theas: ok, the next item is the intervention of the chancellor
[20:36:45] Cadence Theas: before you begin Ceasar
[20:37:14] Cadence Theas: I would like to ask you to allow time at the end of your report for the RA to ask you questions
[20:37:21] Cadence Theas: the floor is now yours
[20:37:33] Ceasar Xigalia: Members of the Government, visitors, and my fellow citizens,
[20:37:44] Ceasar Xigalia: It is good to see you all here at the 5th Representative Assembly Meeting of the 21st Representative Assembly of The Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
[20:37:53] Ceasar Xigalia: We are now two weeks into the third month of this less than six month long 21st RA term. I will update you on the progress of the Executive Branch, discuss the state of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators today, and let you know some of the things your Executive Branch team plans for the rest of the term.
[20:38:16] Ceasar Xigalia: First of all, I agree wholeheartedly that the office of chancellor’s powers need to be more clearly defined. I have set forth specific policy for my administration per the laws that treat each and every citizen fairly and equally.
[20:38:31] Ceasar Xigalia: This has not happened in the past administrations since the laws are so broad as to allow for chancellors’ to use “discretion” to determine policy on a case by case basis.
[20:38:44] Ceasar Xigalia: I applaud the RA doing whatever it can to make the actions of future chancellors less open for interpretation and be as clearly defined as possible. When things have been done on a case by case basis in the past, it has led to the appearance of biases and allows for citizens to be treated in less than equitable ways.
[20:39:08] Ceasar Xigalia: The first step in this process of clarifying powers via laws, was something in which I had a part in last term.
[20:39:24] Ceasar Xigalia: During the 20th RA I wrote an RFP with the assistance of Delia and CLEO, in order to have the current laws consistently and accurately available on the Web Portal.
[20:39:34] Rosie Gray notes that we aren't in an election at the moment
[20:39:46] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[20:40:46] Ceasar Xigalia: excuse me madame LRA
[20:40:54] Cadence Theas: please continue
[20:41:02] Ceasar Xigalia: will you attend to the hecklers
[20:41:37] Cadence Theas: I will ask that the audience refrain from comments during your intervention
[20:41:45] Ceasar Xigalia: thank you
[20:42:01] Ceasar Xigalia: This ball unfortunately has been dropped completely by the current RA and without knowing what the laws are at any given time, CDS operates in a state of inaccuracy.
[20:42:12] Ceasar Xigalia: I urge the RA to push this to the forefront of the agenda so that laws passed by previous RA’s are ALL available in one place. I also suggest this be done for SC rulings and set precedents.
[20:42:34] Ceasar Xigalia: As I have proceeded to attempt to provide the service to CDS as I read is required by the laws of CDS, The Scientific Council has whittled away at The Office of the Chancellor’s powers by way of interpreting how much The Chancellor’s Office does, in effect, legislating from the bench.
[20:42:49] Ceasar Xigalia: One case in point is the three parcels now held off the market by the SC even though the Office of the Chancellor has followed the law.
[20:42:52] Soro (Soro Dagostino): Objection, Point of Order
[20:42:57] Timothy Scarborough is online.
[20:43:08] Ceasar Xigalia: Madame LRA
[20:43:12] Cadence Theas: Soro, we will have time to question the chancellor
[20:43:30] Soro (Soro Dagostino): Objection to the presentation not being a report.
[20:43:32] Cadence Theas: right now it is his opportunity to describe his performance
[20:43:40] Soro (Soro Dagostino): But a political statement.,
[20:43:42] Cadence Theas: it is his interpretation of a report
[20:43:53] Cadence Theas: you can question him after he finishes
[20:43:59] Ceasar Xigalia: One case in point is the three parcels now held off the market by the SC even though the Office of the Chancellor has followed the law.
[20:44:15] Ceasar Xigalia: Another is the ruling on the Web Portal, and others.
[20:44:38] Ceasar Xigalia: These moves by the SC which change the very power structure in the CDS, are unprecedented for the current sitting SC, and perhaps any SC in the history of CDS.
[20:46:04] Ceasar Xigalia: Madame LRA, I am receiving disrespectful IMs from Rosie Gray, I ask that government officials act with appropriately
[20:46:36] Cadence Theas: Ceasar, with all due respect, you can just ignore the IMs while you speak
[20:46:42] Cadence Theas: I cannot control IMs
[20:46:44] Nic Kelberry: Can't hear the speakers very well at all..
[20:46:55] Ceasar Xigalia: noted
[20:46:58] Nic Kelberry: why is volume so low?
[20:47:33] Cadence Theas: please continue
[20:47:38] Ceasar Xigalia: Changes were made without consulting the citizenry or even the RA for their vote for an amendment that such a change would normally require.
[20:47:48] Ceasar Xigalia: he SC made these changes, which are changes usually reserved for the legislative branch of any government. I recommend the RA give this matter urgent attention.
[20:48:05] Ceasar Xigalia: The SC made these changes, which are changes usually reserved for the legislative branch of any government. I recommend the RA give this matter urgent attention.
[20:48:26] Ceasar Xigalia: The most concerning ruling is the one regarding the Web Portal. The CDS portal which houses arguably over half of what “is” CDS, the official record of our laws, Constitution, published Financial records and the day to day written interactions that become what IS the history of CDS, have now been put in the hands of people who are not accountable to any elected official.
[20:49:05] Ceasar Xigalia: Though I am delighted to finally see the citizens request for a new sim via referendum this term addressed by the RA, I am saddened by the RA’s unnecessary lack of expediency in this matter.
[20:49:20] Ceasar Xigalia: I urge them to have the sim open for new citizens to purchase land prior to the date required for any new citizens to run for office for next term as well as to vote, as I see MORE people being able to participate in our democratic process as one great benefits of the acquisition of a new sim at this time.
[20:49:43] Ceasar Xigalia: More people who are actively involved in the government and workings of CDS will allow us the greater strength, diversity, and progress as we move forward.
[20:50:04] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[20:50:08] Ceasar Xigalia: Thank you to everyone who has participated in the Executive Team so far this term.
[20:50:19] Ceasar Xigalia: First and foremost your Vice Chancellor, Bagheera Kristan.
[20:50:34] Ceasar Xigalia: Bagheera as Vice Chancellor, has done a superlative job this first third of the term. Her contribution is indespensible and I cannot thank her enough for the work she does for all of us.
[20:50:48] Ceasar Xigalia: I hope you will all take the time to thank her personally for all of the things she does that are noticeable and the work she does behind the scenes that make our experience in CDS a good one.
[20:51:07] Ceasar Xigalia: Bagheera was instrumental in the swift completion of the Locus Ameonus project and was able to help not only get it completely done and on the market on schedule, but also took it upon herself to build homes for the parcels for land owners who were not satisfied with the homes that were on their parcels previously.
[20:51:29] Ceasar Xigalia: Many of the fishing village parcels now have more than one pre-approved build available for future owners. Thank you, Bagheera.
[20:51:46] Ceasar Xigalia: We have consistently been at 97% plus occupancy for the month of July.
[20:52:03] Cadence Theas: (a reminder to the chancellor to allow time for questions)
[20:52:05] Ceasar Xigalia: The three parcels currently held by the S C are the only parcels not sold and collecting tier.
[20:52:25] Ceasar Xigalia: Bagheera and I have worked together to create and implement consistent regulations that allow for land to be put on the open market in a fair and open, transparent way.
[20:52:38] Ceasar Xigalia: By announcing the land is available and then setting it for sale on a first come first serve basis and a pre-determined time our occupancy rate has stayed high and the land has been purchased by a wide variety of people.
[20:52:53] Ceasar Xigalia: These regulations were constructed with the equality of treatment of all citizens, no matter what their political leaning in mind, and the system is working.
[20:53:05] Ceasar Xigalia: I urge citizens to encourage new citizens to come to CDS and for all current citizens to remain citizens.
[20:53:17] Ceasar Xigalia: This is something we can all do.
[20:53:28] Ceasar Xigalia: Let’s make CDS a welcoming place where everyone is encouraged to join, and all are encouraged to stay.
[20:53:40] Ceasar Xigalia: I would like to address an unfortunate episode that took place during this past month, and explain it to the citizens.
[20:53:50] Cadence Theas: please do
[20:53:52] Ceasar Xigalia: When land is owned and tier is not paid, this is allowed to take place for 14 days, no matter the state of the tier box and then the land is acquired by the government.
[20:54:12] Ceasar Xigalia: The communication by the Executive Team as required by law is always done per the law and is ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS, an effort to retain the citizen No one has ever been encouraged to leave by THIS executive branch’s team, to my knowledge, and I will take action if I am ever notified that it has by anyone working for the Executive Branch. Therefore, I regretfully must report the following.
[20:54:36] Ceasar Xigalia: There has been a case, where a member of the 21st RA, Tor Karlsvalt ,former chancellor himself, (and supporter of my opponent for chancellor this term), Tor Karlsvalt, took it upon himself to encourage a citizen to leave the CDS. Tor sent a notecard that appeared to be “official” because Tor not only signed his name but referenced his status of RA member in the card to a relatively new CDS citizen, and encouraged that citizen to leave.
[20:54:42] Brandy Maltas (Kalli Birman) is offline.
[20:55:02] Ceasar Xigalia: He was attempting to do what I must assume he knew was the chancellors duty to execute, which is taking care of the land of CDS.
[20:55:16] Ceasar Xigalia: I am appalled by this action by my fellow government official, and former chancellor, in an attempt to usurp power of the Executive Branch with misleading statements to a citizen.
[20:55:28] Cadence Theas: Chancellor
[20:55:36] Ceasar Xigalia: I want to make my displeasure about this action publicly known and expect this sort of behavior to cease.
[20:55:42] Cadence Theas: Chancellor
[20:55:57] Ceasar Xigalia: On a brighter note, and to reiterate, I hope that you will join me and the majority of citizens who continue to make CDS welcoming to everyone no matter their political leanings!
[20:56:08] Ceasar Xigalia: Everyone who is following the laws should be encouraged to stay, and enjoy CDS ! Our strength is in our continued growth and your welcoming attitudes with everyone who lives here and visits.
[20:56:24] Cadence Theas: Chancellor
[20:56:29] Ceasar Xigalia: yes
[20:56:41] Cadence Theas: consider the time, please
[20:56:56] Ceasar Xigalia: ty
[20:57:07] Ceasar Xigalia: CDS Estate Manager Team
[20:57:24] Ceasar Xigalia: Thank you to Bagheera for overseeing the CDS Estate managers with me and to all of our CDS Estate Managers who continue to do an outstanding job of keeping up the sims. Thank you especially today to Carlo Islar for his outstanding service in June and July and the beginning of August. Not only did Carlo regularly keep up with the European Time zone for us, he was active in identifying issues with lag and consulting with the VC with ongoing issues. Thank you, Carlo.
[20:57:36] Ceasar Xigalia: We now welcome Lam Erin, also in the European time zone, to our CDS Estate Manager team and thank the rest of the team for their ongoing contribution to life in CDS : Nolligan, Trebor, Sudane and Sonja. Bagheera has been doing a wonderful job of leading this team as evidenced by the smooth running of the sims this past two and a half months. Bagheera and her team have been replacing trees on public land that were previously owned by private citizens with trees that are owned now by CDS and are able to change as the seasons change, thank you to the CDS EM’s who have helped her with this. This project is ongoing.
[20:57:44] Ceasar Xigalia: PIO TEAM
[20:57:55] Ceasar Xigalia: The Four member PIO team is to be commended on providing us with an outstanding number of events this past month. These events have given opportunity for new visitors to see and participate in CDS, as well as a chance for the bonding of our citizens into a more cohesive community. Thank you AbbyRose, Molly, Andromdeda and Dee. Events in the Schloss during July included an Evening at the Schloss event featuring JC Farsider and Colt playing jazz. We had another event in July that featured BlueMonk playing at the Docks of Colonia Nova, as well as a dance concert, for which we owe special thanks to Molly. Thank you also Molly for the garden party on the 27th. Another highlight of July was the event which kicked off the 10th Anniversary of CDS by commemorating the initiating event which saw Haney Linden post a call for proposals for improving snow sims, answered by Ulrika and Kendra.
[20:58:03] Ceasar Xigalia: The result was us having the first CDS land in Anzere. Special thanks to Bagheera, our Vice Chancellor, who teamed up with the PIOs to put on a wonderful set of events that spanned the square in NFS and our Anzere Infohub land. Bagheera was able to get special permission from the Lindens to have access to the stream so that a celebration event could happen. Well done Bagheera, Abby, Molly, and Andromeda for making this happen, and to all my fellow citizens who attended. Your PIO team will be continuing the 10th anniversary celebrations for the rest of the term and also invites you to participate in a fun time with an August Circus. Thank you PIO TEAM. Abby Molly Andromeda and Dee.
[20:58:26] Ceasar Xigalia: GOVERNMENT QUESTION HOURS
Thank you to the members of the other branches of government who have attended, answered questions, and led the GQH that are required by CDS law. Also thank you, to my fellow citizens who have attended and asked questions of the Government.
The rest of the term is looking bright. We anticipate continued growth. CDS has remained consistently full and I look to do all I can to encourage the purchasing of more than one sim this term. Look for the PIO’s to continue to have fabulous events, and for the CDS EM’s to continue to make day to day life in CDS enjoyable.
[20:58:36] Ceasar Xigalia: Thank you for your attention.
[20:58:49] Ceasar Xigalia: Madam LRA, thank you for inviting me and having me present early in the agenda. I am available to stay and briefly take some questions from citizens and the RA now, please “ raise your hand” and I will call on you and answer a few questions as time allows.
[20:59:08] Cadence Theas: Chancellor, the person that calls on people is me
[20:59:12] Cadence Theas: ty
[20:59:26] Cadence Theas: I open the floor to questions to the chancellor
[20:59:30] Ceasar Xigalia: I'll be happy to take my own questions
[20:59:32] Cadence Theas: a reminder to click the SPR
[20:59:52] Cadence Theas: Chancellor, you do not preside here, sorry
[20:59:54] Cadence Theas: Calli
[21:00:11] Cadence Theas: or
[21:00:13] Cadence Theas: sorry
[21:00:13] Callipygian Christensen: I see Guillaume ahead of me
[21:00:15] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: Gauis is first
[21:00:15] Cadence Theas: VGiaus
[21:00:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): TY Mme LRA
[21:00:23] Cadence Theas: I didnt
[21:00:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): (and sorry Calli)
[21:00:28] Cadence Theas: see your name
[21:00:32] Cadence Theas: please go ahead
[21:00:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I have two questions, Herr Chancellor
[21:00:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ceasar, you say that the SC has changed the power structure of the CDS. Yet, in your report, you only specify a minor ruling and one that stays a sale of land while the SC investigates. How, in your opinion, are these "unprecedented" acts by th SC to change the constitutional power structure of the CDS? What "changes" has the SC taken that are, in your opinion, overstepping their bounds?
[21:01:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I ask for a bit of a clarification there.
[21:01:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Second: Ceasar, you have been absent so far for much of the last month. As a citizen, I ask you, are you able to fulfil and exercise the powers granted you by the Constitution or will you be absent for the remainder of the term? If the latter is the case, M. Chancellor, I ask you consider your resignation for your embattled chancellorship — especially one you are less and less willing to fight for.
[21:01:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Done
[21:01:52] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Callipygian Christensen
[21:01:52] Ceasar Xigalia: First of all Gaius
[21:02:08] Ceasar Xigalia: I have not been absent thank you very much
[21:02:25] Ceasar Xigalia: I have no idea why you would say that it is not true
[21:02:27] Rosie Gray snorts
[21:02:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) has certainly not seen him around much.
[21:02:55] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: i call for the RA to vote to remove Rosei, she has heckled twice.
[21:03:07] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: Rosie Gray is heckling twice or more in this meeting.
[21:03:12] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: i calla vote to remove her.
[21:03:21] Rosie Gray winks at Cleo
[21:03:25] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: I move that we remove Rosie gray from this meeting. NOW
[21:04:16] Cadence Theas: I once again ask the public to refrain from extraneous comments. we should give the chancellor our full attention and respect
[21:04:29] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: The public AND the RA please madame LRA.
[21:04:30] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[21:04:43] Cadence Theas: that was implied Cleo
[21:04:44] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: There is a motion on the table
[21:04:56] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: make it explicit to Rosie Gray please
[21:05:25] Cadence Theas: Rosie, try to keep your comments to a minimum, ty
[21:05:38] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: ty madame LRA, motion withdrawn
[21:05:38] Cadence Theas: now continue your answer Ceasar
[21:06:56] Ceasar Xigalia: Gaius, Please go back and read all the rulings by the SC this term and you will see the changes in power structure in CDS. next question
[21:07:19] Cadence Theas: Ceasar, you do not preside here
[21:07:22] Cadence Theas: Calli
[21:08:20] Cadence Theas: then Rosie, then Tor, then me, then Gaius
[21:08:52] Callipygian Christensen: Having asked this privately in IM more than once, and by e-mail more than once, I would ask when the Chancellor will provide the information regarding the PIO team; specifically who is responnsible for what areas, and duties.
[21:09:25] Cadence Theas: Ceasar, your chance to respond
[21:10:50] Ceasar Xigalia: Calli as I have emailed you the answer to this question and pointed you to the place on the forums where it is detailed I am somewhat surprised at your question.
[21:11:29] Callipygian Christensen: No Ceasar, you pointed me to a law which you have not followed - you did not reply to my last e-mail regarding this
[21:12:05] Ceasar Xigalia: I disagree
[21:12:33] Callipygian Christensen: the law says: The Chancellor shall designate a Public Information Team, with individual duties specified in writing and made publicly available at the beginning of each term. Functions including maintenance of the calendar, group event notice supervision, inworld physical information source (kiosks, magazines, handouts, etc.) development and maintenance, shall each be assigned to a named individual reporting regularly to the Chancellor. I am asking you to provide that information, for citizens and for the PIO team themselves.
[21:12:37] Ceasar Xigalia: I have answered all your emails
[21:13:32] Ceasar Xigalia: for clarity the and to reiterate all the PIO team members are responsible for all the PIO duties
[21:13:33] Cadence Theas: but answer her question, please
[21:14:02] Ceasar Xigalia: for clarity the and to reiterate all the PIO team members are responsible for all the PIO duties
[21:14:36] Ceasar Xigalia: I am very happy with the permance of the PIO team this term
[21:14:46] Cadence Theas: ok ty, Rosie
[21:14:46] Ceasar Xigalia: performance
[21:15:18] Rosie Gray: is it my turn?
[21:15:21] Cadence Theas: yes
[21:15:23] Rosie Gray: thank you
[21:15:27] Rosie Gray: The job of PIO is to publicize the CDS, and that means the PIO team need access to all of the tools to do so. They also need the tools to put on events. As it is, only you and Bagheera can give entertainers rezzing rights for their tip jars, music streams etc.
[21:15:36] Rosie Gray: Ceasar, please explain why you have not seen fit to give your PIO team the tools to do the job, in particular your head PIO. Further, you thank them for their work, and I have personally seen AbbyRose and Molly do a lot of work - as much as they can given their hobbled permissions, but I would like to know what Andromeda and Dee have done to deserve your thanks and praise.
[21:16:00] Rosie Gray: that is two specific questions please
[21:16:10] Cadence Theas: your turn to respond Ceasar
[21:16:53] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Rosie Gray
[21:17:07] Ceasar Xigalia: Andromeda and Dee are both busy working projects for the PIO team
[21:17:20] Rosie Gray: what projects and what are they doing>?
[21:17:23] Ceasar Xigalia: one is the circus
[21:17:40] Ceasar Xigalia: another is an extensive new citizen welcome packet
[21:18:01] Ceasar Xigalia: another is a weekly on going event
[21:18:28] Ceasar Xigalia: I am very happy with all of the PIOs
[21:18:49] Ceasar Xigalia: As far as adding performers to the group.
[21:18:53] Rosie Gray: and my other question regarding permissions of the PIO team?
[21:19:05] Ceasar Xigalia: that is an issue that I am working on
[21:19:31] Ceasar Xigalia: the LV group is in a mess and I have work to clean that up
[21:20:22] Ceasar Xigalia: I have already completed a lot of work on the LV group
[21:20:29] Ceasar Xigalia: and have more to do
[21:20:36] Ceasar Xigalia: in the meantime
[21:20:49] Ceasar Xigalia: no performer has been left without the group
[21:21:09] Ceasar Xigalia: Bagheera and I have been diligent in being available to add them
[21:21:20] Ceasar Xigalia: ty for that question Rosie
[21:21:24] Cadence Theas: ok, ty, Tor you are next
[21:21:28] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Tor Karlsvalt
[21:21:42] Cadence Theas: then me, then Gaius, then Abby
[21:22:07] Tor Karlsvalt: Thanks
[21:22:08] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: I am going to ask for a seven day vote now i have to log out at 930.
[21:22:20] Cadence Theas: so granted
[21:22:25] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: ty madam LRA
[21:22:25] Tor Karlsvalt: Thank you for the long diatribe against the RA and especially the SC. I would note that the SC has been drawn into controversy after the Executive took unprecedented actions to grab total power over communication, land controls and the Treasurer’s Office.

I note that the Chancellor as waisted his time attempting to gain sole power over the web portal and other media.
[21:22:37] Tor Karlsvalt: With regard to the incident the Chancellor refers. I did not encourage a citizen to leave the CDS. I did politely request that he complete the abandonment of his land. The citizen had already left the CDS as he took a refund of all the tier paid on his only parcel in CDS. This parcel was current with tier until the Citizen willfully took his refund and caused the tier box to flip FOR SALE. As is common with our dual system of hippo and land tools, all that remained for the resident was to abandon this land. Any other interpretation of the residents action is unsupportable and inconsistent with good government and precedent established by prior Chancellors. Instead the Chancellor misclassifies this situation as a delinquency. It is not, It was an abandonment.
[21:22:47] Tor Karlsvalt: I would encourage the Chancellor to DO HIS JOB and not protect his friend who certainly should have lost title to his parcel when he willfully took his refund.

But I would like the chancellor to answer why, his EMs are almost never online or even rarely in CDS.
One has resigned and has not been replaced.

Also, why has the PIO no EM powers as is traditional? Can you explain why you need to work on something that has, for 10 years probably been routine permission for the PIO or people responsible for events?
[21:23:00] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, why do people responsible for events not have land tools permitting them to properly host events? I note that they are unable to give performers rights to rezz props. I think you are exaggerating the availability of yourself or Bags,

Finally, I would like the Chancellor to explain why reimbursement for event expenses have been delayed. I note that a Chancellor has been impeached for not paying CDS expenses. I also wonder why the PIO team can not add expenses to the Treasurer’s reimbursement request. In the past, PIOs were usually allowed to post their expenses for reimbursement.

Finally I would like to know what steps you have taken to provide the PIO staff with a budget?

I would also like to thank Abby and Molly for the wonderful work that have been doing for CDS.

Thank you
[21:23:48] Tor Karlsvalt: I yield to the Chancellor for his response
[21:24:12] Ceasar Xigalia: Tor the PIO staff has a budget which was presented here and you approved as a member of this RA
[21:25:45] Ceasar Xigalia: I am following the protocol sent to me by the Treasurer for all reimbursement activities
[21:27:01] Tor Karlsvalt: If I may Chancellor, it would appear your budget is not communicated to your staff.
[21:27:24] Ceasar Xigalia: Tor I made no reference to misconduct in the RA except by you
[21:28:02] Ceasar Xigalia: I would ask you Tor not to bully and heckle my Vice Chancellor and staff
[21:28:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) rolls eyes.
[21:28:17] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, RA members have received complaints that reimbursements are not made timely or not after repeated requests.
[21:28:23] Ceasar Xigalia: Madame LRA I too need to leave at 930
[21:28:31] Tor Karlsvalt: Thank you for the scolding Chancellor.
[21:28:50] Cadence Theas: then I will invite you to the next RA meeting to continue the questioning
[21:29:06] Cadence Theas: I think there are a lot of questions that people want to ask you
[21:29:21] Cadence Theas: including me
[21:29:29] Cadence Theas: but it is now 9:30
[21:29:48] Ceasar Xigalia: You have my availability for times of attendance :)
[21:29:51] Bells Semyorka thinks the chancellor must be tired of all the avoiding questions or has other things more important than CDS
[21:30:15] Tor Karlsvalt: Ms LRA
[21:30:19] Cadence Theas: yes Tor
[21:30:20] Ceasar Xigalia left chat range.
[21:30:26] Ceasar Xigalia is offline.
[21:30:40] Pip Torok agrees with Bells
[21:31:39] Tor Karlsvalt: I must point out that I have NEVER bullied or heckled the Vice Chancellor. This statement by the Chancellor is incendiary and indicative of his imperious attitude with which he receives questions or disagreement.
[21:31:44] Tor Karlsvalt: Done
[21:31:53] Rosie Gray: hear hear!
[21:31:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) nods.
[21:32:02] Widget Whiteberry nods
[21:32:24] Molly Medier: yes agree on this
[21:32:25] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: AbbyRose Abbot
[21:32:25] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[21:32:36] Cadence Theas: We have RA and Citizen concerns coming up in a moment, we can use these moments to make a list of questions of the chancellor
[21:32:45] Cadence Theas: so he can come prepared next time to answer
[21:32:54] Cadence Theas: and not do political posturing
[21:33:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) nods.
[21:33:18] Nic Kelberry is offline.
[21:33:23] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: NOTES the LRA being political now
[21:33:36] Widget Whiteberry notes the time
[21:33:40] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: NOTES that ONLY ME is on the side of the majority of the voters last term
[21:33:55] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: and that you are all in RA now the political opponents of the chancellor.
[21:34:05] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: and very biased and rude.
[21:34:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I thought CLEO had to leave at 9:30, Mme LRA?
[21:34:12] Tor Karlsvalt: point of order
[21:34:14] Cadence Theas: so did I
[21:34:15] Vic Mornington (Victor1st Mornington): pot...kettle... etc
[21:34:19] Bells Semyorka checks her watch...interesting
[21:34:19] Tor Karlsvalt: Cleo does not have the floor
[21:34:23] Cadence Theas: I agree, tor
[21:34:27] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: you have no right to say point of order at anything
[21:34:34] Cadence Theas: Abby
[21:34:36] Cadence Theas: you are next
[21:35:05] Nic Kelberry is online.
[21:35:17] Cadence Theas: then Molly
[21:36:33] Widget Whiteberry nudges Abby
[21:36:38] AbbyRose Abbot: It is my turn?
[21:36:44] Cadence Theas: I just recognized you
[21:36:51] AbbyRose Abbot: Thank you.
[21:37:22] Second Life: The message sent to C.D.S. is still being processed.
If the message does not appear in the next few minutes, it may have been dropped by the server.
[21:38:47] AbbyRose Abbot: We as PIO's have been working around the fact that we have not been given the password to the Calendar, have not been taught to use the Kisoks, and can not not add an entertainer to the LV group temporarily to perform their concerts.
[21:39:35] Cadence Theas: (remember to say done and click the SPR when you are finished)
[21:39:38] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: The chancellors office doesn’t control that website thing anymore Abby, ask The SC about the calendar.
[21:39:43] Cadence Theas: Cleo
[21:40:07] Cadence Theas: are you answering for the chancellor?
[21:40:07] AbbyRose Abbot: I spoke to Sudane about reimbursement of expenditures. She imd me back and said she needed Ceasar to send and approve our emails to be added to a spread sheet. That was weeks ago.
[21:40:10] Rosie Gray notes Cleo answering on behalf of her husband, the Chancellor
[21:40:24] CLEOPATRA Xigalia: im answering as an RA member and someone who reads the forums
[21:40:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) notes CLEO is heckling a citizen of the CDS.
[21:41:22] Cadence Theas: I am going to have to ask everyone to please refrain from comments
[21:41:28] AbbyRose Abbot: Our Mission of PIO's is to hold Events, advertise CDS, and bring the citizens together with others in SL that might want to join us.
[21:42:27] AbbyRose Abbot: We have put together a Commerce Listing. However, it has not been added to the kisoks.
[21:43:24] AbbyRose Abbot: We are working on a Circus, with hopes that all will participate.
[21:44:33] LadyJ Celestalis is online.
[21:44:42] AbbyRose Abbot: We work around what little tools we have been given to accomplish what we can for the citizens.
[21:44:59] AbbyRose Abbot: done
[21:45:02] Cadence Theas: Molly
[21:45:04] Cadence Theas: you are next
[21:45:32] Cadence Theas: (Abby click the SPR again to remove your name)
[21:45:49] Rosie Gray notes that Ceasar only just went offline
[21:46:13] Cadence Theas: Molly, your turn to speak
[21:46:22] Molly Medier: thank you
[21:47:50] Cadence Theas: While Molly is framing her statement, I wanted to mention that after she speaks we have to approve the minutes, then there is time for RA and citizen concerns
[21:48:49] Molly Medier: Through all the trials and tribulations of our new assignment as PIO's , we do it for the love of CDS and to bring joy and others in to share. I have arranged a great group for the 16th and Bags promply paid me for the event :)).
[21:49:32] Cadence Theas: Molly, was that out of her own pocket?
[21:49:35] Molly Medier: So I do say we don't give up that easy -
[21:50:02] Molly Medier: so don't know Cadence but I would have paid also
[21:50:16] Cadence Theas: ty Molly and Abby
[21:50:25] Cadence Theas: and thank you for what you have done for CDS
[21:50:30] Bagheera Kristan is online.
[21:50:33] Molly Medier: The group cut the rate but was still 3 thou Lindens
[21:50:54] Molly Medier: thank you Cadence
[21:50:54] Tor Karlsvalt stomps the floorboards in agreement.
[21:51:05] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[21:51:16] Cadence Theas: next item is approval of the August 1 minutes
[21:51:26] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: dj Zemenis
[21:51:28] Cadence Theas: is there a motion to approve the minutes?
[21:51:48] Tor Karlsvalt: I move that we approve the minutes.
[21:51:56] Rosie Gray: Minutes are here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5281
[21:52:11] Tor Karlsvalt takes good notes.
[21:52:13] Rosie Gray: second the motion
[21:52:14] Lia V (Venra Aries) left chat range.
[21:52:15] Cadence Theas: second to the motion?
[21:52:18] Cadence Theas: ty Rosie
[21:52:22] Cadence Theas: any discussion?
[21:52:29] Tor Karlsvalt: no
[21:52:34] Rosie Gray: nope
[21:52:50] Cadence Theas: then is there a vote to approve the minutes
[21:52:57] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[21:53:04] Cadence Theas: aye
[21:53:05] Rosie Gray: aye
[21:53:12] Cadence Theas: Cleo?
[21:53:27] Cadence Theas: motion carries regardless
[21:53:43] Cadence Theas: ok, the floor is open now to Citizen and RA concerns
[21:53:53] Cadence Theas: dj, did you want to say something?
[21:54:20] dj Zemenis: as a newer voter...i must say...i shied away from RL politics because of the mud raking and backbiting...i am saddened to see it has made it's way into SL...i had hopes that we may be able to do it right this time. the amount of time waisted on things other than gov't business is a waste of everybody's time and energy...
[21:55:00] dj Zemenis: done
[21:55:05] Cadence Theas: ty
[21:55:06] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[21:55:19] Molly Medier: ♪♫♥ Applauds!!! ♥♫♪
[21:55:19] Pip Torok: hear hear!
[21:55:28] Cadence Theas: anyone else wants to speak
[21:55:36] DJ Sugaree (SugareeRose Resident) is offline.
[21:55:38] Molly Medier: Thanks so much DJ for speaking :))
[21:56:17] Cadence Theas: the next item is new business, and the idea of adding legislation project 6 to Tor's commission
[21:56:29] Cadence Theas: item six is Hippo and Archie access
[21:56:37] Tor Karlsvalt: ok
[21:56:40] Cadence Theas: and is relevant to the chancellor's powers
[21:57:10] Cadence Theas: is there a motion to include item 6, Hippo and Archie access, to Tor's chancellor's power commission?
[21:58:00] Cadence Theas: is there a motion?
[21:58:07] Rosie Gray: so moved
[21:58:11] Cadence Theas: ty
[21:58:14] Cadence Theas: second?
[21:58:17] Leslie Allandale is online.
[21:58:30] Tor Karlsvalt: second
[21:58:33] Cadence Theas: ty
[21:58:39] Cadence Theas: any discussion?
[21:58:48] Tor Karlsvalt: no
[21:58:58] Rosie Gray: not from me
[21:59:39] Cadence Theas: ok, then I call the motion to a vote. To include Item 6 of the legislation projects, Hippo and Archie access, for consideration in the first commission
[21:59:45] Tor Karlsvalt: ays
[21:59:48] Rosie Gray: aye
[21:59:50] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[21:59:54] Cadence Theas: aye
[21:59:58] Cadence Theas: Cleo?
[22:00:12] Cadence Theas: the motion carries regardless
[22:00:42] Cadence Theas: the next item is a bill that Trebor has published in the forum and asked that it be presented today in the RA meeting
[22:00:59] Cadence Theas: (there is a copy of it in the iris box on the center table)
[22:01:00] Leslie Allandale entered chat range (19.27 m).
[22:01:20] Cadence Theas: members of the rA, have you had a chance to look at this act?
[22:01:36] Rosie Gray: yes I have
[22:01:53] Rosie Gray: it's been published on the forum for some time
[22:01:56] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[22:02:01] Cadence Theas: I have too
[22:02:03] Cadence Theas: Cleo?
[22:02:16] Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
[22:02:20] Cadence Theas: she must be here in body only
[22:02:25] Cadence Theas: yes Calli?
[22:02:45] Callipygian Christensen: I have had Rl distractions so apologies for not noticing this on the Forums..
[22:02:53] Leslie Allandale: So, I didn't miss anything?
[22:03:21] Callipygian Christensen: before you move as published..I am concerned that CDSL 17-01 Citizen Notification Act may have some conflicts with the timing in this bill
[22:03:37] Cadence Theas: can you elaborate?
[22:04:01] Callipygian Christensen: as part of 17-01 it states:
[22:04:02] Callipygian Christensen: 2. Citizens will be given at least 30 days notice of such changes.
[22:04:38] Callipygian Christensen: I am not sure thee bill allows for that..so either it should, or it should specify that 17-01 does not apply
[22:05:00] Soro (Soro Dagostino) raises hand
[22:05:12] Cadence Theas: are you done Calli?
[22:05:30] Callipygian Christensen: yes..I can post the full 17-01 if needed but I am done.
[22:05:34] Cadence Theas: ty
[22:05:35] Cadence Theas: Soro
[22:06:08] Cadence Theas: although we have not moved to discuss this bill yet
[22:06:11] Soro (Soro Dagostino): I suggest the matter be tabled for 30 days -- or at least to the next meeting of the RA.
[22:06:38] Soro (Soro Dagostino): With specific notice on the Forum.
[22:06:41] Soro (Soro Dagostino): done.
[22:06:52] Cadence Theas: Rosie
[22:06:58] Rosie Gray: thanks
[22:07:04] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Soro Dagostino
[22:07:11] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Rosie Gray
[22:07:34] Rosie Gray: I just wanted to ask Calli if her concern re 17-01 was because of point 7 on the Land Sale and Tier Act document?
[22:08:04] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Callipygian Christensen
[22:08:08] Rosie Gray: done
[22:08:11] Callipygian Christensen: Yes Rosie..
[22:08:14] CLEOPATRA Xigalia is offline.
[22:08:22] CLEOPATRA Xigalia left chat range.
[22:08:35] Callipygian Christensen: its not about publication of THIS bill..but about implementing tier increases with appropriate notice.
[22:08:41] Callipygian Christensen: done
[22:08:43] Rosie Gray nods
[22:08:43] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[22:08:53] Cadence Theas: ok, Soro is that your reason as well?
[22:09:02] Soro (Soro Dagostino): Yes.
[22:09:18] Cadence Theas: ok, lets do the motion thing
[22:09:32] Cadence Theas: is there a motion for the RA to consider the Land sale and tier act?
[22:09:54] Rosie Gray: so moved (I thought I already did... sorry)
[22:10:09] Cadence Theas: no, we hadn’t done that yet
[22:10:13] Cadence Theas: is there a second
[22:10:16] Tor Karlsvalt: second
[22:10:20] Cadence Theas: ty
[22:10:32] Cadence Theas: additional discussion?
[22:10:35] Tor Karlsvalt: no
[22:11:04] Rosie Gray raises hand
[22:11:18] Cadence Theas: I suggest that we ask Trebor to make the modification that Calli and Soro suggest, and bring the bill to the next RA meeting
[22:11:21] Cadence Theas: yes Rosie
[22:11:31] Rosie Gray: okay... well we could do that
[22:11:43] Rosie Gray: or we could add a modification
[22:11:45] Tor Karlsvalt: seems reasonable, or send it to a commission.
[22:12:03] Cadence Theas: this could be discussed in the commission headed by Rosie
[22:12:10] Cadence Theas: since it is relevant to the new sim
[22:12:12] Rosie Gray: I somehow think this fits with the mandate of the new sim commission... yes
[22:12:38] Cadence Theas: then lets ask that commission to submit this modification for the next RA meeting
[22:12:58] Rosie Gray: yes, sounds reasonable to me
[22:13:36] Cadence Theas: ok, I move that the land sale and tier act be sent to the second commission for the modification of point no. 7 which concerns notification
[22:13:58] Cadence Theas: is there a second?
[22:14:15] Tor Karlsvalt: second
[22:14:31] Cadence Theas: I call the motion to a vote
[22:14:33] Rosie Gray: aye
[22:14:40] Cadence Theas: aye
[22:14:42] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[22:14:46] Cadence Theas: motion carries
[22:14:59] Cadence Theas: the last item for today are the commission reports
[22:15:19] Cadence Theas: since the commissions were just formed
[22:15:29] Cadence Theas: there may bot be any report to give
[22:15:40] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[22:15:43] Cadence Theas: but let me ask both Tor and Rosie if they have anything to report at this point
[22:15:52] Tor Karlsvalt: thanks
[22:16:01] Rosie Gray: yes I do
[22:16:13] Tor Karlsvalt: only that I have formed the commission with the following: Widget Whitberry
Covey Homewood
Delia Lake
Mizou Vavoom
[22:16:36] Tor Karlsvalt: We are in the process of finding a good time to meet. I hope this side of Sunday.
[22:17:14] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, widget has created a working draft of necessary duties fo the Exec. This should help us as a guide.
[22:17:16] Tor Karlsvalt: Done
[22:17:20] Cadence Theas: ty Tor
[22:17:23] Cadence Theas: Rosie
[22:17:28] Rosie Gray: thank you
[22:17:42] Rosie Gray: yes, the New Sims Commission has met once
[22:17:42] Callipygian Christensen: Maybe mention the Forums for the Commissions?
[22:18:03] Rosie Gray: yes thanks Calli
[22:18:21] Rosie Gray: there is a forum thread for the New Region Commission
[22:18:45] Rosie Gray: you can see the Agenda, transcript, and Minutes of the first meeting there
[22:18:59] Molly Medier: good
[22:19:15] Rosie Gray: we have also approved and begun gathering responses to a survey
[22:19:28] Rosie Gray: you can find the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KRKG3ZG
[22:19:39] Rosie Gray: please note that you can access the survey only ONCE
[22:19:50] Rosie Gray: and that we encourage all citizens to do so!
[22:20:00] JerryDon Lane is offline.
[22:20:16] Pat Sheridan is offline.
[22:20:19] Widget Whiteberry murmurs that it it's very short
[22:20:23] Rosie Gray: and lastly, we have scheduled our next meeting for next Sunday
[22:20:35] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[22:20:45] Rosie Gray: thanks to Widget for her work on the survey
[22:20:59] Rosie Gray: and to Leslie who has volunteered to do the Minutes
[22:21:00] Widget Whiteberry beams
[22:21:11] Molly Medier: nice
[22:21:18] Rosie Gray: we are also going to have in-world meetings for discussion
[22:21:39] Rosie Gray: each member of the commission will take at least one time for a meeting, to host
[22:21:43] Rosie Gray: they will be next week.
[22:22:01] Rosie Gray: and sorry
[22:22:10] Rosie Gray: I should have said.. the Commission members are
[22:22:32] Rosie Gray: besides myself, Lilith Ivory; Bromo Ivory; Leslie Allandale; and Patroklus Murakami
[22:22:51] Rosie Gray: and we have also engaged certain people for their expertise
[22:23:10] Rosie Gray: as special advisors
[22:23:27] Rosie Gray: they are Arria Perreault; Gaius Curio; Gwyneth Llewelyn; and Widget Whiteberry
[22:23:34] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[22:23:42] Rosie Gray: thanks to all of them
[22:23:43] Rosie Gray: done
[22:23:46] Tor Karlsvalt: I also thank Callie for creating a similar thread for the Powers Commission.
[22:23:47] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[22:24:04] Cadence Theas: and thank you to all the members of both commissions
[22:24:07] Callipygian Christensen: The Commission forums are in the 'Commissions & NGOs section' btw
[22:24:28] Cadence Theas: well, I am happy to say that we managed to do this just under two hours
[22:24:35] Cadence Theas: thank you all for attending
[22:24:36] Rosie Gray: thanks calli
[22:24:44] Tor Karlsvalt: yay
[22:24:51] Widget Whiteberry: well done
[22:25:00] Callipygian Christensen: (or will be once I get Tor's done :)
[22:25:00] Rosie Gray: :D
[22:25:01] Molly Medier: thank you all :))
[22:25:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) claps
[22:25:06] Cadence Theas: I will be asking the chancellor to attend the next meeting so we can continue to ask him questions
[22:25:16] Tor Karlsvalt notes that the sim was in the dead of night when we started and now is bright morning.
[22:25:18] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[22:25:24] Cadence Theas: yes Rosie
[22:25:46] Rosie Gray: May I request that the Chancellor be given a maximum number of words, since he brings prepared speeches
[22:25:51] Rosie Gray: and a maximum time limit
[22:26:01] Rosie Gray: so that there will be time for people to ask questions and get answers?
[22:26:10] Cadence Theas: the invitation is not for him to give another report
[22:26:23] Cadence Theas: rather to answer the questions that people wanted to ask him today
[22:26:26] Rosie Gray: I do not consider what he gave to be a report
[22:26:31] Cadence Theas: I consider this to be unfinished business
[22:26:37] Rosie Gray nods
[22:26:58] Cadence Theas: I also dont think he will give a report as we expect
[22:27:12] Soro (Soro Dagostino): Nor answers.
[22:27:15] Cadence Theas: it was clear the intention to discredit the RA and the SC
[22:27:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker) nods.
[22:27:39] Cadence Theas: sorry for the editorializing
[22:27:47] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[22:28:00] Tor Karlsvalt nods over issues the initiated.
[22:28:11] Tor Karlsvalt he*
[22:28:27] Cadence Theas: anyway, I move to adjourn this meeting
[22:28:33] Tor Karlsvalt: second
[22:28:33] Rosie Gray: second!
[22:28:36] Cadence Theas: lol
[22:28:37] Rosie Gray: lol
[22:28:42] Cadence Theas: no discussion?
[22:28:43] Tor Karlsvalt: mine was first.
[22:28:45] Tor Karlsvalt: no
[22:28:47] Rosie Gray: no
[22:28:54] Cadence Theas: is there a vote?
[22:28:57] Molly Medier: Listening and slowly learning
[22:28:58] Tor Karlsvalt: aye
[22:29:21] Cadence Theas: Rosie?
[22:29:23] Callipygian Christensen: I believe we have an intelligent and sensible populace thatis quite capable of reading such reports and coming to their own conclusions about the accuracy of them *shrug*
[22:29:25] Rosie Gray: aye
[22:29:32] Cadence Theas thinking about it......aye or nay......
[22:29:37] Cadence Theas: aye
[22:29:38] Rosie Gray: hahah
[22:29:41] Cadence Theas: thank you all
[22:29:49] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Yes, Calli
[22:29:52] Soro (Soro Dagostino): TY Cadence.
[22:30:02] Tor Karlsvalt saves the transcript for editing tomorrow.

Citizen

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”