Lilith Ivory (SC Dean)
Callipygian Christensen (SC)
Delia Lake (LUC head)

1) Administrative Business
Ranma Tardis called the meeting to order [10:06]

Review and approve agenda [10:08]

Review and approval of the previous meeting minutes [10:13]

Executive Report
Rosie presented her proposed budget for this term. During the course of discussion, Lilith Ivory pointed out that the budget had not been posted with enough time for the RA to vote on it [10:25], after some discussion, it was decided to table the budget vote until the next week. [10:32-10:43]

2) Citizen Concerns
There were no citizen concerns

3) RA members concerns ...

Han Held asked about the accessiblity of the LUC's working google documents. A discussion followed which covered topics of the LUC's documents, the scope of the LUC and various issues that some citizens have with the actions proposed by the LUC. [10:50-11:43]

4.)Old Business
Widget Whiteberry brought up the Government Question Hour Act, and pointed out that question hours had not been being held. It was decided to begin having them. [11:43-11:46]

5.) New Business
none

6a) Discussion on NGO Act
The NGO Act was discussed and voted on [11:49-11:51]. The text of the act follows:
CDS LAW REVIEW CHARTER

RATIONALE

Experience has shown us that without ongoing review the body of laws can become out-dated, contradictory and challenging to understand and apply.
An NGO provides a method to ensure ongoing review of the body of laws, with continuity that cannot be guaranteed by using the Committee or Commission structure (subject to review and possible discontinuation each six months).
The NGO structure allows and encourages participation by all citizens of CDS, permits review of multiple laws simultaneously and formalizes a process of review, reporting, and recommendation to the RA, to ensure transparency and awareness of the NGO’s activities.

MISSION

To establish and maintain clarity, coherence and consistency between and among the CDS Constitution and Laws by

A. reviewing existing laws for
(a) conflicts among and between the laws and Constitution,
(b) obsolescence,
(c) clarity of language and
(d) practical application and enforcement
B. presenting findings and recommendations for public review and consideration by the Representative Assembly (RA).
C. encouraging citizen familiarity with the CDS Constitution and Laws and engaging interested citizens in the review process.

The existence of the NGO does not limit the rights of citizens to communicate with the RA.

IDENTITY
Law Review (LR) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) and based in the community of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators (CDS). The NGO membership is a self-organizing, self-selecting sub-group of CDS citizens; self-selection allows individual citizens to choose for themselves whether to participate or not, and ensures that Law Review is open to any citizen who wishes to participate.

MEMBERSHIP

Participation is open to any willing and interested citizen; however, no one serving in elected office or as an SC member can serve as Chair, Vice Chair or Secretary.

ROLES

1. The Chair maintains lists of laws for review; assigns project leaders; convenes and leads meetings;and sends final drafts and occasional work-in-progress reports to the LRA for inclusion on the RA agenda.

2. The Vice-Chair maintains and publishes a monthly membership list on the LR Forum thread with invitations to citizens to participate; schedules quarterly informational meetings and takes over from the Chair should the need arise.

3. The Secretary publishes drafts of proposed laws and transcripts to the appropriate LR Forum/s and informs the Chair; sends in-world group notices alerting citizens to drafts posted to the forums or sent to the LRA for inclusion on a RA agenda; at the request of the Chair produces work-in-progress reports for the Chair.

4. Project leaders volunteer and are assigned by the Chair in consultation with General Members. Project Leaders lead the editing process for specific laws; respond to comments from work group members; notify the Chair and Secretary when a revision is ready

6) General Announcements
Han Held praised the job that Rosie Gray, Brooke Brandenburg and Aedan Charron did on the SL13B CDS exhibit [11:54]

Han Held also announced going to RL surgery the following week and subsequently begging off meetings afterwards [11:55]

7) Next RA meeting
It was decided to hold the next RA meeting on June 25th, 2016, noon SLT [11:59]

8 ) Adjourn
Meeting was adjourned [12:01]

---
"I could talk talk talk, talk myself to death
But I believe I would only waste my breath" -Roxy Music "Remake, remodel"

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”