Minutes - December 3rd, 2016 meeting of the 26th RA

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Kate Amdahl
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Minutes - December 3rd, 2016 meeting of the 26th RA

Post by Kate Amdahl »

Here are the minutes from our most recent meeting. Gaius was kind enough to orient me in my Archivist duties as soon as I got in touch with him in-world, so I apologize for the delay while I was getting myself fully informed.

Minutes - 26th RA meeting and swearing-in
Dec 3, 2016, 12PM SLT

Present: Lilith Ivory (acting as chair until new LRA is sworn in), Tanoujin Milestone, Bagheera Kristan, Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker), Kate Amdahl, Pip Torok, Ranma Tardis, Soro (soro.dagostino), Sudane Erato, RG Cooperstone, Garnet Manx, Leslie Allandale.

Lilith swore in the members of the 26th RA, with one seat remaining vacant pending the by-election. Members sworn in were Tanoujin Milestone, Bagheera Kristan, Gaius Tiberius Curio, and Kate Amdahl.

Bagheera nominated Gaius as LRA. Tanoujin seconded. Gaius accepted the nomination. Lilith called the vote. Bagheera, Tanoujin, and Kate voted aye. Gaius abstained. The motion carried, and Gaius was elected LRA for the 26th Representative Assembly.

At this point, Gaius assumed chairpersonship of the meeting.

Volunteers were requested for LRA pro tempore. Kate Amdahl and Bagheera Kristan volunteered. Kate Amdahl withdrew in favor of Bagheera and nominated her for LRA pro tempore. Tanoujin seconded. Bagheera accepted the nomination. Gaius called the vote. Gaius, Kate, and Tanoujin voted aye; Bagheera abstained. The motion passed.

Kate volunteered for Archivist. Bagheera seconded. Gaius called the vote. Tanoujin, Gaius, and Bagheera voted aye; Kate abstained. The motion passed.

Gaius called for citizen concerns. None were offered.

Gaius called for RA members' concerns. Bagheera reported she would be setting out presents for CDS members on her land and encouraged others to do the same. She also volunteered to organize the effort.

Bagheera, Kate, and Gaius indicated an interest in taking part.

Gaius expressed a desire to work over the 26th term on occupancy and on meeting break even. Gaius also asked for RA members to each send him a short list (5-10 bullet points) of things to accomplish for this term.

Gaius recommended setting a bi-weekly meeting schedule. Times were discussed. Thursdays during the day were identified as a workable time for all RA members. The next RA meeting was set for December 15, 2016 at 11AM SLT.

RG Cooperstone raised the concern that the time frame might be difficult for CDS members in the Americas with day jobs. Gaius mentioned that extraordinary meetings can be scheduled. Bagheera pointed out that 11AM SLT is a good time for European members. Kate mentioned that she is in North America and that the time works well for her since she can take a break at work to attend.

Gaius called for RA members' to send him their e-mail addresses and re-read the CDS code of laws and duties of the RA in the constitution(s).

It was noted that it would be important to check in with new Chancellor Tor Karlsvalt to ensure the RA meeting time would work for him.

Gaius called for further concerns. None were expressed. Gaius moved that the meeting be adjourned. Kate seconded. Bagheera, Tanoujin, and Kate voted aye for adjournment.

^^^\ Kate /^^^

http://kateamdahl.wordpress.com - The Winged Girl Blog (lots of CDS-related posts)

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”