Transcript - RA Meeting Dec 15, 2016

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Kate Amdahl
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Transcript - RA Meeting Dec 15, 2016

Post by Kate Amdahl »

[11:06] Lilith Ivory: ok let´s start with the sewaring in of ranma :)
[11:06] Lilith Ivory: The affirmation of office is a public declaration that in the office to which you have been duly elected, you will solemnly affirm to uphold the Constitution of the CDS and take the duties of the RA seriously
so please if you would, insert your own name into the RA affirmation and read the text into the local chat:

I, .... , having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
[11:07] Ranma Tardis: I, Ranma Tardis, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
[11:07] Lilith Ivory: would you please Ranma?
[11:07] Lilith Ivory: thank you and congrats
[11:08] Kate Amdahl claps
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone: hu?
[11:08] Bagheera Kristan: yay! welcome *applause*
[11:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[11:08] Lilith Ivory applauds
[11:08] Lilith Ivory: let´s hope I will not have to swear a new RA member in during the next 6 month :)
[11:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's hope!
[11:09] Kate Amdahl: Seconded, Lilith. :)
[11:09] Lilith Ivory smiles
[11:09] Ranma Tardis: me too because it would mean ....
[11:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I call this meeting to order.
[11:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Has everyone reviewed the agenda?
[11:09] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[11:10] Ranma Tardis: yes
[11:10] Bagheera Kristan: yes
[11:10] Kate Amdahl: Yes
[11:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) hears the rustling of paper behind him.
[11:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the agenda?
[11:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hi Tor.
[11:10] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[11:10] Kate Amdahl: I second
[11:10] Lilith Ivory: Hi Tor
[11:10] Kate Amdahl: Hi Tor!
[11:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): LEt's vote.
[11:10] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:10] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[11:10] Kate Amdahl: aye
[11:10] Ranma Tardis: Aye
[11:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Have we all reviewed the minutes of the last meeting?
[11:11] Ranma Tardis: yes
[11:11] Tanoujin Milestone: very nice m inutes, i move to approve them
[11:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7857
[11:11] Bagheera Kristan: I second
[11:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote.
[11:11] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[11:11] Ranma Tardis: aye
[11:12] Kate Amdahl: aye
[11:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:12] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes ㋡
[11:12] Bagheera Kristan: (sorry keyboard malfunction)
[11:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor, would you like to present us with a report?
[11:13] Tor Karlsvalt: Yes.
[11:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Après vous.
[11:13] Tor Karlsvalt: Sorry for the delay, I was working with the forum
[11:14] Tor Karlsvalt: Well that you all for your support in my becoming Chancellor.
[11:14] Tor Karlsvalt: We have a lot of work ahead.
[11:14] Tor Karlsvalt: Briefly I am about to submit the budget
[11:15] Tor Karlsvalt: I anticipate a sizable loss this term of over $500.00 USD if we run at the same revenue of last term.
[11:16] Tor Karlsvalt: Mostly this is due to an expanded event budget and an anticipated expenditure due to conversion of our tier collection to Casper.
[11:16] Tor Karlsvalt: That conversion will require action by RA.
[11:16] Tor Karlsvalt: At present, Sudane is experimenting with Casper.
[11:17] Tor Karlsvalt: It seems the logical choice of tier collection software and is widely used in SL.
[11:17] Tor Karlsvalt: As many of you are aware, Hippo is not being supported.
[11:18] Widget Whiteberry nods
[11:18] Tor Karlsvalt: This leaves the CDS as a risk if there should be a major fault in the tier collection system.
[11:18] Tor Karlsvalt: Better safe than sorry imo
[11:18] Kate Amdahl nods
[11:18] Ranma Tardis: nods
[11:19] Tor Karlsvalt: So we are not really doing bad.
[11:19] Tor Karlsvalt: I think our loss just on maintaining the estate is probably under $100 USD.
[11:19] Tor Karlsvalt: For the term.
[11:20] Tor Karlsvalt: Still, as you know, a healthy community needs more than just pixels under foot.
[11:20] Tor Karlsvalt: So we need to spend to maintain our web presence and offer events.
[11:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:21] Kate Amdahl nods too
[11:21] Tor Karlsvalt: It is my hope we can encourage more people to make CDS home
[11:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[11:21] Bagheera Kristan: *very nice, Tor !*
[11:22] Ranma Tardis: claps
[11:22] Tor Karlsvalt: And thereby keep the reserve intact and available for rough patches and special initiatives such as our late expansion to Freidsee.
[11:22] Tor Karlsvalt: And not least, our ability to capitalize on the LL offer to grandfather our regions.
[11:23] Tor Karlsvalt: I applaud the government and RA of last term for taking advantage of that offer.
[11:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[11:23] Tor Karlsvalt: Forgive me for not posting the budget earlier. I am a bit rusty
[11:24] Tor Karlsvalt: but I will have it available for you to view before the meeting is over.
[11:24] Tor Karlsvalt: Thanks you
[11:24] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[11:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[11:24] Kate Amdahl applauds
[11:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[11:24] Ranma Tardis: claps
[11:24] Tor Karlsvalt: naturally if you have aqny questions.
[11:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Since our next section is citizens' concerns, are there any? If not, please ask questions of the Chancellor.
[11:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): And please use the talking stick in the centre.
[11:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:25] Ranma Tardis: Tor, why are we losing $500, is that to convert the sims to grandfathered?
[11:26] Bagheera Kristan: yes, well, I was going to mention this during RA concerns, but it is Chancellor, executive business...
[11:26] Bagheera Kristan: oh, please go ahead of me, Ramna :)
[11:26] Tor Karlsvalt: than you Ranma.
[11:26] Tor Karlsvalt: First here is the link to the budget I created.
[11:26] Tor Karlsvalt:
[11:27] Tor Karlsvalt: The loss is esentially resulting from expenses for events and an anticipated tier collection system change.
[11:28] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, we have a lot of yellow on the map, we need to get more parcels sold.
[11:28] Rosie Gray nods
[11:28] Bagheera Kristan: (please let me know when I may speak)
[11:28] Ranma Tardis: should we be ready to decommission a sim?
[11:29] Tor Karlsvalt: The grandfathering has been a huge plus, but we are still running close to break even.
[11:29] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[11:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:29] Bagheera Kristan: First, I want to thank Tor for his excellent talking points, they very much mirror my own concerns. I want to bring up something I wrote about on my list of priorities on the forums, which is the competition we now face from LL and the big rental agencies. They offer amenities now that we do not. My thought is to link some or all of the CDS provided builds to a prim outside of the owned parcel which would afford the owner more LI and allow us to offer more luxurious amenities.
[11:29] Bagheera Kristan: I believe, if we offer this and take steps to be "found", our citizen membership will increase
[11:30] Bagheera Kristan: this would require math to make sure we don't overburden the sims, but I think it is a necessity considering what our "competition" offers
[11:31] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are you done, Bagheera?
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I don't see you typing.
[11:31] Bagheera Kristan: yes, done :)
[11:31] Bagheera Kristan: thank you
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Could you please click the talking stick again, please?
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie?
[11:31] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Rosie Gray
[11:31] Rosie Gray: yes thank you
[11:32] Rosie Gray: I just wanted to comment on what Bags said about linking the supplied buildings on parcels where people aren't supposed to replace the build
[11:32] Rosie Gray: I think that's a really good idea
[11:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:32] Rosie Gray: number one, it would alleviate the problem of people misunderstanding, when they buy a parcel and it says X number of prims
[11:32] Rosie Gray: but they only get whatever is left over after the build
[11:33] Rosie Gray: and number two, as Bags has mentioned, it would make the amenities more favourable
[11:33] Rosie Gray: I think this should be only done on parcels where you aren't supposed to replace the builds though
[11:33] Rosie Gray: done
[11:33] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Kate Amdahl
[11:33] Bagheera Kristan: *nods in agreement*
[11:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Kate?
[11:34] Kate Amdahl: On the same subject, I'm afraid I lack some technical context: what does it mean in this sense to link the builds?
[11:34] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Guillaume Mistwalker
[11:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera, would you like to respond?
[11:34] Bagheera Kristan: certainly
[11:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): If not, I can or Rosie.
[11:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ok ㋡
[11:35] Bagheera Kristan: the land impact/prim count applies to whatever parcel the base prim is resting on, which means, when a build crosses parcel lines, whichever parcel holds the base prim, carries the cost of the entire linked build
[11:35] Pip Torok confesses a similar lack of the same content
[11:35] Bagheera Kristan: right now, our government supplied housing is all linked inside the parcel in which it stands
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: I observed that when LL introduced their premium parcels, they linked all their buildings to a prim outside the parcel, onto their own land
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: and the owner of the parcel had the full LI of the parcel at their disposal, even though they already had a building there too
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: did that make sense?
[11:36] Leslie Allandale: yes
[11:36] Tor Karlsvalt nods
[11:36] Pip Torok: to me yes, thank you
[11:36] Kate Amdahl: It did, thank you. Clarification: would the prim allowances for tenants remain the same?
[11:37] Kate Amdahl: (net more li available to them?)
[11:37] Widget Whiteberry observes that this will alter the count for public prims
[11:37] Bagheera Kristan: I suspect we may have to do some mathematical calculations along with the linking, because it would impact LI distribution
[11:37] Kate Amdahl nods
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Which leads to my concern.
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I don't think this will be universally feasible, especially for some buildings which we don't have rights to edit.
[11:38] Tor Karlsvalt nods
[11:38] Bagheera Kristan: I believe we have rights to edit almost if not all buildings?
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Here in CN, for example, or even in some houses in NFS, it would be a concern.
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Possibly, Bagheera.
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Not if the builder is gone.
[11:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Widget's concern is a good one, but this idea is generally in the common interest.
[11:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): In other words, I think it's best if we commit to changing the building currently on sale and phase in this new initiative.
[11:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *the buildings, rather.
[11:40] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[11:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Done.
[11:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma?
[11:40] Ranma Tardis: What do we get for our $362.71 for events, it seems excessive
[11:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is that a question, Tanma?
[11:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *Ranma
[11:41] Ranma Tardis: yes, of course
[11:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): To whom?
[11:41] Ranma Tardis: Tor
[11:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor, would you like to answer?
[11:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): He seems preoccupied with the budget.
[11:43] Kate Amdahl: I can partly speak to that if Tor's not available
[11:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sure, Kate, but I must note the time.
[11:43] Kate Amdahl nods
[11:43] Kate Amdahl: I'll be brief
[11:43] Kate Amdahl: Attracting new citizens is essential to maintaining
[11:43] Tor Karlsvalt: sorry
[11:44] Tor Karlsvalt: I was away a bit
[11:44] Kate Amdahl: income. Retaining current citizens is essential for the same purpose.
[11:44] Kate Amdahl: Events help keep current citizens engaged and provide a venue for connecting with potential new citizens.
[11:44] Kate Amdahl: They're a natural place to invite friends or for someone to meet a lot of CDS folk.
[11:45] Kate Amdahl: Without them, our sense of community and fun would degrade, which I expect would show up in our population and bottom line.
[11:45] Kate Amdahl: Done
[11:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor, would you like to add anything to KAte's rationale?
[11:45] Bagheera Kristan: they are also a perk, part of what our membership gives to us *adds in a whisper*
[11:45] Tor Karlsvalt agrees with Kate.
[11:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): IF there is nothing you want to add, Tor, then we can move on to Delia.
[11:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Then we can move on.
[11:46] Tor Karlsvalt: thanks
[11:46] Tor Karlsvalt: only that they do provide a place for all of us to get to know each other, be a community, put ourselves forward as a vibrant community and place to come.
[11:47] Tor Karlsvalt: and they offer space for others to get involved with set up.
[11:47] Tor Karlsvalt: Some of do not want to participate in politics but they might eagerly help with events.
[11:47] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[11:47] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you
[11:43] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Delia Lake
[11:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Delia?
[11:48] Delia Lake: I want to go back to what Bagheera raised
[11:48] Delia Lake: I also think it has merit
[11:48] Delia Lake: and it would only affect a few buildings in the Estate
[11:49] Delia Lake: the Quay buildings in LA, some of the Forum of CN, and the Mews of AM are the only ones that cannot be changed as things are currently written
[11:50] Delia Lake: Others must conform to the covenants but can be changed somewhat
[11:50] Delia Lake: so the Mews for example, someone could not replace a "condo" with one of fewer prims there
[11:51] Delia Lake: done. Just wanted to provide more info
[11:51] Bagheera Kristan: I was thinking it might apply to gov builds like the shops on the Marketplatz as well
[11:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you, Delia.
[11:51] Bagheera Kristan: even though one can theoretically remove them, it is a challenge, even for a b uilder
[11:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Please unclick your name on the talking stick, please.
[11:51] Delia Lake: The NFS Marketplatz buildings can be replaced but the code is very strict for them
[11:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): That is something that we as RA members can consider: changing some of that language.
[11:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Perhaps you could send me and Bagheera the relevant wording, Delia, and we can discuss it.
[11:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I want to note, as well, that I was rather lenient with RA members raising their own concerns.
[11:52] Bagheera Kristan: *sorry*
[11:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): In the future, I think I ought to be more strict as it refers to the agenda.
[11:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): No need to be sorry -- I did it too.
[11:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's move on to New Business.
[11:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The most pressing matter is the election of an RA member.
[11:53] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ...to serve on the LUC.
[11:53] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[11:54] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tanoujin, I believe you were the member for last term, no?
[11:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Seems they are away.
[11:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) sees some life.
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: it was les
[11:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Oh, I see.
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: no i was not
[11:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Would any RA member be willing to serve on the LUC?
[11:56] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand* but I am a busybody so you might not want me, lol
[11:56] Kate Amdahl grins
[11:56] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[11:56] Ranma Tardis: grins
[11:56] Kate Amdahl: I nominate Bagheera Kristan for RA member on the LUC
[11:56] Delia Lake: Les was the RA rep and Gaius who is now on the RA was the Chancellor's rep last term
[11:57] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:57] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Do you accept, Bagheera?
[11:57] Bagheera Kristan: I accept
[11:57] Bagheera Kristan: ty
[11:57] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I second the nomination.
[11:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote.
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:58] Kate Amdahl: aye
[11:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[11:58] Ranma Tardis: aye
[11:58] Bagheera Kristan: abstains, lol
[11:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Congratulations, Bagheera ㋡
[11:58] Bagheera Kristan: thank you :) !
[11:58] Ranma Tardis: claps
[11:58] Kate Amdahl claps
[11:58] Pip Torok: congrats!
[11:59] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Next, let us consider some of the things RA members told me are their initiatives this term.
[11:59] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Would anyone like to speak on their most pressing concerns for this term or provide a summary?
[11:59] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Please keep it to five minutes.
[11:59] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[11:59] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Kate?
[12:00] Kate Amdahl: Thank you. :)
[12:00] Kate Amdahl: My greatest concern is engagement of current citizens and new citizens.
[12:01] Kate Amdahl: I'm not fully aware of everything we've done in the past, so some of the things I'm thinking of (I'll post on the forum) may have been considered and set aside.
[12:01] Kate Amdahl: Additionally, I know we have limits on how much we can take on.
[12:02] Kate Amdahl: However, I feel that we can work on identifying and directing our efforts toward actions that give us the greatest bang for the buck in terms of publicity, traffic, and engagement, within the bounds of Tor's vision and priorities.
[12:02] Kate Amdahl: Done.
[12:02] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[12:02] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[12:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma?
[12:02] Ranma Tardis: am not so sure about the paid events
[12:03] Ranma Tardis: I think it was in the 19 term, I paid for fishing events out of my own funds. sure it got people here but they all left after the event.
[12:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma, the question was about your goals for this term, not necessarily your objection to a line in the budget.
12:04] Ranma Tardis: We need to have more dialog like in the old days. when if 2 people starting chatting,soon it would be 4 or more
[12:04] Ranma Tardis: patience.
[12:05] Ranma Tardis: so I think we need to find a way to bring people toughter without expending funds.
[12:05] Ranma Tardis: like the old days of neuf
[12:05] Ranma Tardis: so I say we need a new approach
[12:05] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Delia Lake
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Did you have a comment, Delia?
[12:06] Delia Lake: Yes. I think we do need more events. It only works to engage 2 more people to the 2 people talking if there are 4 people in the Estate! and often that is not the case
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are you done?
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): If so, please click the moderator list.
[12:07] Delia Lake: We need to bring people who are citizens inworld to participate in fun things and attract noncitizens as well. it is up to us to engage those who come to events, entice them to visit our other areas
[12:07] Kate Amdahl nods
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): (Sorry for interrupting)
[12:07] Rosie Gray nods too
[12:08] Delia Lake: done
[12:08] Delia Lake: And imo we always pay for every event, either in dollars paid out or in the volunteer time of a number of people. there is always a cost
[12:08] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Bagheera Kristan
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera.
[12:08] Bagheera Kristan: To expand on the benefit of paid for events....
[12:09] Bagheera Kristan: They get people here who otherwise would not find or know about CDS. People come to sims but they only really stay when they see other people there, events are a guaranteed way to get people here. In addition, high quality events cost money and they are a real perk to being a member of CDS
[12:09] Bagheera Kristan: in addition
[12:09] Bagheera Kristan: I can point to one person who came to CDS because of an event, who didn't know of it before, and is still a citizen, or at least was last I looked
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: Colt came because he knew Trowzer Boa, who I had hired as Chancellor to play at events here
[12:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): This is interesting, Bagheera, but could we return to the point of your policies?
[12:10] Tor Karlsvalt remembers I came to CDS looking for Oktoberfest.
[12:11] Bagheera Kristan: I was responding to Ramna, but it is also a very strong goal of mine that CDS continue with high quality paid for events
[12:11] Rosie Gray came to CDS initially because of a MoCa artwalk
[12:11] Delia Lake: Abby came for Oktoberfest
[12:11] Bagheera Kristan: so I actually am talking about my own goal. My other goals are mostly already addressed, thank you Tor! and there is one that I think needs more discussion on the forums before I pursue it, so I am done, thank you
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Me. ㋡
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) chuckles.
[12:12] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Guillaume Mistwalker

[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Me. ㋡
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) chuckles.
[12:12] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Guillaume Mistwalker
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): My concerns are like Bagheera's in that they are mostly cultural.
[12:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I agree in part with Ranma that we ought to encourage private citizens to throw their own events--and my ideas respond to this.
[12:13] Kate Amdahl nods
[12:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I am encouraged that some citizens have recently decided to establish a cultural group in the CDS.
[12:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): My ideas are mostly two part: one, to establish a fund for citizens' events so that they can be reimbursed in part for setting them up.
[12:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I would like to establish a committee for this.
[12:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): In addition, I would like to revisit the idea of having regional committees for cultural events: one for the alpine regions and another for the Mediterranean.
[12:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Those regional committees would be non-governmental organisations which would also receive a budget of their own.
[12:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): These are concerns that must be fleshed out more, and I hope to work on them and the others I highlighted on my forum post in the future.
[12:16] Kate Amdahl: (i'm very sorry, but it looks like I will need to sign off in a moment. Would someone be able to keep the transcript from here forward?)
[12:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sure, Kate. Can you send me what you have?
[12:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I am done. But I would like to get the ball rolling on the cultural fund.
[12:17] Kate Amdahl: Yes, but you could also just send me from 12:16 forward. Thank you!
[12:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sure! that's better.
[12:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I motion that we establish a commission to consider a cultural fund.
[12:18] Kate Amdahl: Seconded
[12:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Debate?
[12:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie?
[12:18] Kate Amdahl: I would be willing to serve on that committee if that is helpful.
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: I think this is something we should talk about on the forums first before voting
[12:18] Ranma Tardis: me too
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: depends on the amount we want to spend on that
[12:19] Rosie Gray: thanks... I was just wondering what Tor thinks about this, since it might be seen as overstepping the Chancellor's prerogative
[12:19] Rosie Gray: and the PIO jobs
[12:19] Rosie Gray: done
[12:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you, Rosie.
[12:19] Bagheera Kristan: agrees with Rosie
[12:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I actually had this idea in speaking with Tor.
[12:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor?
[12:19] Second Life: Kate Amdahl gave you Unedited RA transcript Dec 15, 2016.
[12:20] Kate Amdahl: (my apologies to all, and see you soon!)
[12:20] Pip Torok: cheers Kate
[12:20] Kate Amdahl left chat range.
[12:20] Tor Karlsvalt: yes, what I was envisioning was some sort of a subsidy that individuals could apply for.
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: I believe we have always had that, per Gwyn
[12:21] Tor Karlsvalt: We have had regional committies in the distant past. I believe they fell under the Chancellor.
[12:21] Tor Karlsvalt: The idea was to encourage priviate citizens to hold events.
[12:22] Tor Karlsvalt: One thing we might want to encourage are cultural initiatives that the government could support in part but not in a majority manner.
[12:22] Tor Karlsvalt: Control would still be private imo.
[12:22] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[12:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[12:24] Bagheera Kristan: well, I am speaking on the fly here, this needs more thought, imho, but my first concern is that, when people held quasi-government events on private land during my tenure as Chancellor, there was an ugly brouhaha about who could do what. It became obvious that merging private and public events made them ... ach, I don't have the right words, ugly for short. This would need careful attention to get right if it is done, based on my experience
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: ownership about who can do what, once private individuals are using public funds, can lead to hard feelings. Done
[12:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): May I respond?
[12:25] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: :) you are LRA
[12:25] Ranma Tardis: :)
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I want this commission just to consider the idea, not necessarily to pass it. The idea would of course ultimately fall to the RA. This is why the commission should form-- to consider these issues.
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): That is the motionat hand.
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma?
[12:26] Ranma Tardis: quick question
[12:26] Ranma Tardis: how about groups that take no government money, do they need to be approved?
[12:26] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): No.
[12:27] Ranma Tardis: :)
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The idea I have is that this fund is for people who have a significant financial burdenin trying to put on a cultural event in the CDS.
[12:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The Chancellor would have ultimate authority in determining who gets the money and how much based on requirements and qualifications established (hopefully) by law.
[12:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I hope that there will be a formula attached to the law to make this both equitable and ethical.
[12:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): IF there are no other comments, we can move to vote.
[12:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote.
[12:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[12:30] Bagheera Kristan: Nay (for now)
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: Aye to have a commission working on that topic
[12:30] Ranma Tardis: Nay (for now)
[12:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Since KAte did not request a seven day vote, the motion fails.
[12:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there are other points to be made on 5b?
[12:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright.
[12:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Any announcements?
[12:32] Rosie Gray smiles at Han
[12:32] Lilith Ivory: Hi Han :)
[12:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[12:32] Tor Karlsvalt waives at Han
[12:32] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held) smiles and waves to Rosie and Lilith "hi, y'all, hey Tor"
[12:32] Ranma Tardis: smiles at Han
[12:33] Bagheera Kristan: I am still putting out gifts, am going to try to get them out through the end of the year, so feel free to keep looking for them and tell your friends, Done
[12:33] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held) smiles at Ranma
[12:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Any other announcements?
[12:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright.
[12:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The next meeting is scheduled for 29 December at 11am.
[12:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Will people be able to make that meeting?
[12:34] Ranma Tardis: yes
[12:34] Tanoujin Milestone: probably yes
[12:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): If not, we can postpone the meeting until 12 Jan
[12:35] Ranma Tardis: I will be in Tokyo from 19-January to 1-March
[12:35] Bagheera Kristan: I'd be more comfortable if it were postponed,
[12:35] Bagheera Kristan: I have several RL commitments
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let us postpone the meeting until 12 January, since we are in the thick of holidays.
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: agreed
[12:36] Ranma Tardis: agrees
[12:36] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): seconded.
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): LEt's vote.
[12:36] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:36] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye.
[12:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Our next meeting is 12 January.
[12:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I will not be able to make that meeting since I will have work at that time -- you will be the LRA for the meeting, Bagheera.
[12:37] Bagheera Kristan: okay, thank you, Gaius
[12:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Since the Chancellor graciously came to this meeting, we don't need to schedule an extraordinary meeting for this month.
[12:38] Bagheera Kristan: *claps in gratitude for Tor*
[12:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor, will you be able to make next month's meeting?
[12:38] Ranma Tardis: one thing we need to pass the budget
[12:38] Tor Karlsvalt bows
[12:40] Ranma Tardis: adjourn?
[12:40] Rosie Gray: pardon... rl is calling
[12:40] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Rosie
[12:40] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): Bye, Rosie *smiles, waves*
[12:40] Ranma Tardis: I motion we adjourn
[12:40] Bagheera Kristan: 2nd
[12:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): LEt's vote.
[12:40] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:40] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:40] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye.
[12:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes.
[12:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Meeting adjourned.

^^^\ Kate /^^^

http://kateamdahl.wordpress.com - The Winged Girl Blog (lots of CDS-related posts)

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”