Transcript - RA Meeting - 9 March 2017

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Transcript - RA Meeting - 9 March 2017

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

[11:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's get started then!
[11:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I call this meeting to order.
[11:00] Tanoujin Milestone: Hello :)
[11:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Before we approve the agenda, is there a motion to amend the agenda?
[11:01] Bagheera Kristan: motion to amend the agenda *raises hand * yes please
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes?
[11:02] Bagheera Kristan: I move to add an item under new business re: clarification of Section 3 under Chancellor duties regarding Public Notice for sim administration
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Second?
[11:02] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[11:02] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:02] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes.
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the amended agenda?
[11:03] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[11:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Second?
[11:03] Bagheera Kristan: second
[11:03] Tanoujin Milestone: pingpong
[11:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[11:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote
[11:03] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[11:03] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the 9 February minutes?
[11:04] Bagheera Kristan: I move to approve the Feb 9 minutes
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: i have not seen them yet
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: can i have a link?
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: Hi Widget
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): re: clarification of Section 3 under Chancellor duties regarding Public Notice for sim administration
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Woops!
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7917
[11:04] Widget Whiteberry: I thank you
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) waits for Tan's second...
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ...If you have one!
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) chuckles at their presumptuousness.
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote
[11:05] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The Chancellor is not present, so let's continue on to 1d.
[11:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there anyone who would like to report on the LUC?
[11:06] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand*
[11:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bags?
[11:07] Bagheera Kristan: This also addresses one of the agenda items - the LUC is still compiling a spreadsheet regarding government prim LI and also the spreadsheet will allow for review of sandbox placement and parameters
[11:07] Bagheera Kristan: I expect to have a more substantial report at the next RA meeting
[11:07] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone raises had
[11:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[11:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tan?
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone: *hand
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone: i wonder why the LUC produced no transcript. Have i overseen it on the forum?
[11:08] Bagheera Kristan: There has not been an LUC meeting in a while
[11:09] Lilith Ivory: wasn´t there one last sunday?
[11:09] Bagheera Kristan: there is a transcript of the last LUC meeting
[11:09] Tanoujin Milestone: But i thought it met last weekend, yes
[11:09] Widget Whiteberry: yes, last week
[11:09] Bagheera Kristan: OH, sorry
[11:09] Bagheera Kristan: I have been ill, if someone else from the LUC would like to speak on that, please do
[11:09] Widget Whiteberry considers
[11:10] Rosie Gray: it was on Saturday, Feb 25th
[11:10] Rosie Gray: the last LUC meeting
[11:10] Widget Whiteberry nods to Rosie
[11:10] Tanoujin Milestone: and is there a transcript?
[11:10] Rosie Gray: just looking
[11:10] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you very mch Rosie
[11:10] Rosie Gray: hmmm... no I don't think there is
[11:11] Tanoujin Milestone: well, okay, i note we have a little communication problem. Done
[11:11] Rosie Gray: not sure who was supposed to do that
[11:12] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks for checking, Rosie
[11:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We can move on, then, to Citizens' Concerns
[11:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Would anyone like to speak?
[11:12] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[11:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie?
[11:12] Rosie Gray: thank you
[11:12] Rosie Gray: yes I have a concern that the RA information isn't up to date on the website
[11:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): With relation to the procedures?
[11:13] Rosie Gray: I note that there are no minute/agenda links there since the last incomplete one on November 2016
[11:13] Bagheera Kristan: ((pardonme, I have to go afk for 5 minutes RL emergency))
[11:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:14] Rosie Gray: and I don't see any new laws posted either, since the last one from the 24th RA
[11:14] Rosie Gray: it's very easy to lose laws, and not much sense in passing them if the documentation isn't kept up
[11:14] Rosie Gray: done
[11:15] Widget Whiteberry raises her hand
[11:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Do you know which laws have been missed?
[11:15] Rosie Gray: I don't
[11:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I can work on this immediately after our meeting.
[11:15] Tanoujin Milestone: have we passed a law that is not posted to the portal? since then?
[11:15] Bagheera Kristan: tip jars (still dealing w rl emergency))
[11:15] Tanoujin Milestone: i think not
[11:15] Rosie Gray: I have no idea, but given the lack of Minutes to check, there is no way to know
[11:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The tip jars was not a formal law, however...
[11:16] Tanoujin Milestone: the tip jar regulation is still incomplete, yes
[11:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We have not yet passed a law this term.
[11:17] Tanoujin Milestone: we would have to codify something for it
[11:17] Rosie Gray: what about last term?
[11:17] Rosie Gray: there's nothing since the 24th
[11:17] Tanoujin Milestone: at the moment it is no more but a suggestion
[11:17] Tanoujin Milestone: last term we updated the Govt Question hour act
[11:17] Tanoujin Milestone: thats updated
[11:17] Lilith Ivory: (and posted)
[11:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I hadn't heard anything else.
[11:18] Tanoujin Milestone: we changed RA procedures as well
[11:18] Tanoujin Milestone: i think thats still missing
[11:18] Rosie Gray: that's my point exactly, nobody really knows
[11:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I can work on that (or try to anyway) immediately after our meeting.
[11:18] Rosie Gray: unless the bookkeeping is kept up
[11:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie, could you please send me the URL for the minutes and transcripts is, please?
[11:19] Rosie Gray: sure
[11:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I know what you are talking about, but I am not sure I could readily find it
[11:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thanks
[11:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is your concern done, Rosie?
[11:19] Rosie Gray: yes, thank you
[11:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Wisget?
[11:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *Widget
[11:20] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you Rosie
[11:20] Widget Whiteberry: Yes. In light of recent forum discussions, I’d like to bring three laws to the attention of the RA (h/t to Coop)
[11:20] Bagheera Kristan: ((back))
[11:20] Widget Whiteberry: NL 7-10 IP Licensing and Content Archivist Act says there shouldn't be any irreplaceable public builds. The Rathouse was a one-off in that regard.

NL 4-18 City Building Redundancy Act says there should be backup copies of all public builds

NL 4-23 Public Property Protection Act says the Guild has to wait 10 days before making a change to get input
[11:20] Widget Whiteberry: Done
[11:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you, Widget.
[11:21] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[11:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie?
[11:22] Rosie Gray: NL 4-23 is a redundant outdated law, since the guild it refers to is no longer
[11:22] Rosie Gray: the guild referred to in that old law, refers to the original guild, that was a part of gov't
[11:22] Rosie Gray: done
[11:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:23] Bagheera Kristan: We can talk more about this when we get to the new business, but just to clarify, as I understand it - all the laws that pertained to the Guild as government were rolled over to Chancellor responsibilities. I don't have the chapter and verse to cite, but I read it last night
[11:23] Bagheera Kristan: done
[11:23] Rosie Gray nods in agreement
[11:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I would note we have a legal expert amongst us...
[11:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Lilith?
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: what you said , Bags, hear hear
[11:24] Lilith Ivory: I would have to look that up :)
[11:24] Rosie Gray: if it's documented, then that law needs to be updated
[11:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Do you have a related comment or a separate concern?
[11:24] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Lilith Ivory
[11:25] Lilith Ivory: well tow questions that belong halfways to that topic :)
[11:26] Lilith Ivory: first I know a few terms ago the RA has approved we create a second Content Avatar to store our original CDS buildings ...
[11:26] Lilith Ivory: and I wonder if this Avatar has been created already and who holds it (as as dean I am suposed to hold that password too)
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: and second I am still very curious to learn what progress the Law revies has made in the meantime to clean the mess with our old outdated laws :)
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: done :)
[11:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, our key contact there just crashed....
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: I saw (lol)
[11:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[11:28] Rosie Gray: perhaps she will come back
[11:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie, are you familiar with the first question, though?
[11:28] Rosie Gray: I am familiar with the question, yes Gaius
[11:28] Lilith Ivory: Tor might be the one who can answer my first question
[11:28] Rosie Gray: as far as I know there has been no other avatar made
[11:28] Bagheera Kristan: ((she's local to me, she may be dealing with a similar issue -- in RL one of our main bridges has a major car fire on it and people are stuck- no imminent danger but traffic chaos))
[11:29] Lilith Ivory: oh wow I see - I hope you all are safe
[11:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): If we get her back, we can return to that question
[11:30] Rosie Gray: I believe it was Widget tasked with that job
[11:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): With the first job?
[11:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): *question
[11:30] Rosie Gray: of creating a new ava, yes
[11:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ah, ok.
[11:30] Lilith Ivory: as she is the official keeper of Archie too
[11:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) shakes their fist at the poor timing.
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Do you mind if we move on and return to this, Lil?
[11:31] Lilith Ivory: not at all Gaius
[11:31] Lilith Ivory: I was just about to suggest it myself
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[11:31] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thanks
[11:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there any RA Members' concerns?
[11:32] Tanoujin Milestone: yes
[11:32] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tan?
[11:33] Tanoujin Milestone: please let us make sure we have a meeting including the chancellor today. This RA needs desperately to see and question him. Done
[11:33] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[11:33] Bagheera Kristan: *nods*
[11:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, we are overdue in meeting him.
[11:34] Tanoujin Milestone: maybe we can doodle?
[11:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, that's true.
[11:34] Tanoujin Milestone: it is hard to make a date with him when he is not present ;)
[11:34] Lilith Ivory: in the past it was always heöpful to invite the chancellor personally and to make sure he can make it to a scheduled meeting
[11:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Haha, yes.
[11:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I will speak with him
[11:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's move on, then
[11:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Any updates on shifting LI?
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: I expect to have full information at the next RA meeting, the work is in progress - I apologize, I have been ill so have fallen behind
[11:36] Bagheera Kristan: request to table until next meeting
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:37] Tanoujin Milestone: second if this is a motion
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Vote?
[11:37] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:37] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Event Tip Jars
[11:38] Lilith Ivory: Hi Han :)
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hi Han
[11:38] Rosie Gray: hi Han
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Welcome back!
[11:38] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Han :)
[11:38] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): Hiya, y'all. I must have missed the notice :(
[11:38] Bagheera Kristan: hi Han
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I spoke with Sudane about the event tip jar resolution.
[11:38] Rosie Gray notices Han has an interesting snack
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): She said that that wouldn't be a problem, but that it would not completely cover event costs.
[11:39] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): mine! **holds the mousey protectively** ;)
[11:39] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held) settles down looking bashful and lets Gaius continue
[11:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We also concluded that, in particular, this will likely change nothing.
[11:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:40] Bagheera Kristan: if I recollect correctly, the intent was not to cover the entirety of event costs, but to create a pot of funds dedicated to citizen-created events, it is a token perhaps, but in spirit, it opens people up to think about the opportunity.
[11:40] Bagheera Kristan: done
[11:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): That, I think, would be necessary to have a law for.
[11:42] Tanoujin Milestone: we should have a proposal then ;)
[11:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): At the moment, our vote is simply an administrative decision, not with the same effect as a law.
[11:42] Bagheera Kristan: at present, the Chancellor has the discretion to disburse funds to citizens, I don't know that we need to codify it further, except to say that the funds from tip jars can only go to events
[11:43] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[11:44] Bagheera Kristan: done (sorry) done
[11:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I think we would still need a formal law for that, but that's open to interpretation.
[11:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Shall we continue, though, on to the elephant in the room?
[11:45] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): o.O;;
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: i think if we set up a special fund for citizen organized events we should have a law with an educative text ;)
[11:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): 5a) Han Held's Rathaus Proposal/re: clarification of Section 3 under Chancellor duties regarding Public Notice for sim administration (20 minutes)
[11:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Han or Bagheera, would either of you want to speak on this?
[11:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bags?
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand but will defer to Han
[11:46] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): Yes, following discussions on the forum, I think I will withdraw the proposal
[11:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright
[11:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera? Do you want to speak on this, then?
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: yes please
[11:46] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): There are parts of it that may not stand up to SC scrutiny, specifically the requirments....
[11:47] Hannah Marie Bloodwolf (han.held): and with that, I have to run out the door IRL. Bye y'all, sorry for being late. **waves**
[11:47] Bagheera Kristan: I want to express my concern that the Chancellor has not come before the RA over the course of several meetings....
[11:47] Bagheera Kristan: That the Chancellor has not, to my knowledge, held any public meetings nor posted pending plans on the forums....
[11:48] Bagheera Kristan: and the Chancellor commissioned the Guild to begin significant work (or works) within the sims of which we only know of one item - the replacement of the Rathaus - but Mizou mentioned there were other commissions (unknown) also made at that meeting
[11:49] Bagheera Kristan: so I don't know exactly how to proceed, but at a minimum, the Chancellor appears to not be following Section 3 about Public Oversight in regards to sim management
[11:49] Bagheera Kristan: also....
[11:50] Bagheera Kristan: in looking at the comments on the forum for the thread I started on this... Coop pointed out the Licensing and Content Archivest Act saying there shouldn't be any irreplaceable public builds. He states the Rathaus is a one-off in that regard.. however there is a difference between the theoretical law and the actual reality....
[11:50] Bagheera Kristan: we also have Jon Seattle bridge and the Amphitheater and I believe also some builds in Alpine Meadows and there could be others....
[11:51] Bagheera Kristan: so to rely on the law as it stands to protect CDS assets is a false comfort...
[11:51] Bagheera Kristan: I encourage discussion. I don't know exactly what to do, it is not for me alone to say... but something needs to be done.. this needs to be address....
[11:51] Bagheera Kristan: done
[11:51] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[11:52] Tanoujin Milestone: me raises hand
[11:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I would add as well that Coop's constitutional interpretation, in that regard, seems faulty to me. The RA has parliamentary sovereignty, within certain constraints established by the constitution.
[11:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We could amend or repeal that law entirely.
[11:52] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tan?
[11:53] Tanoujin Milestone: well, I agree with Baags regarding the critique on the CHancellors actions
[11:53] Tanoujin Milestone: i do not want to stir things up, but it was not very clever to let the public not know what he plans
[11:54] Tanoujin Milestone: we have to thank Mizou she stated something about the Rathaus on the forums at all - we would not know that otherwise till now
[11:54] Tanoujin Milestone: thats not the way to go. Done
[11:54] Bagheera Kristan: ((afk for 2 minutes))
[11:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Rosie?
[11:55] Rosie Gray: thanks
[11:55] Rosie Gray: as I recall, when the new avie to hold CDS assets was designated, one of the jobs to go with it was to make a survey of what buildings are held
[11:56] Rosie Gray: I don't believe that was ever done... but it would answer the question that Bags raises about some of the builds
[11:56] Bagheera Kristan: ((back))
[11:57] Rosie Gray: so, an inventory would be the thing to have, instead of relying on memory
[11:57] Rosie Gray: done
[11:57] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[11:57] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:58] Bagheera Kristan: My primary concern here is communication by the Chancellor. How do we ensure accountability and/or - if the current system is too burdensome - ensure it can happen in a way that works for everyone?
[11:58] Bagheera Kristan: done
[11:59] Tanoujin Milestone: what about updating that obsolete law , Which one was it? NL3-24 - let me scroll
[11:59] Bagheera Kristan: please post it?
[12:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/faqs ... ction-act/
[12:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): NL 4-23
[12:00] Tanoujin Milestone: NL 4-23 Public Property Protection Act says the Guild has to wait 10 days before making a change to get input
[12:01] Bagheera Kristan: *reading*
[12:01] Bagheera Kristan: so just replace *Guild* with Chancellor
[12:01] Bagheera Kristan: that works for me
[12:01] Lilith Ivory: this law clearly talke about the old guild which had a completely different legal position
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: Wwe exchange Guild with Executive or Chancellor and are fine, yes
[12:02] Rosie Gray whispers: sorry, RL calling.... bye for now
[12:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, but has the SC determined that that is a constitutional practice? Lilith has said she would have to see.
[12:03] Bagheera Kristan: let me look up what I read last night, we may just be streamlining language for what already exists....... please wait a moent
[12:03] Lilith Ivory: yes and I can not speak for the SC as a body anyway
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: brb
[12:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, but you can provide us guidance as a citizen and inform us previous SC decisions.
[12:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Perhaps this law should be revisited, anyway.
[12:04] Lilith Ivory laughs
[12:04] Bagheera Kristan: please wait a moment....
[12:05] Lilith Ivory: I can give you a link to the old SC transcripts and tell you that I as a private person thik it might work if the word "guild" is replaced through "chancellor"
[12:05] Bagheera Kristan: Section 9 – AC Overlap

Any power or responsibility assigned to the Artisan’s Collective by the constitution and precedent that overlaps those provided to the Chancellor in this amendment will be assigned to the Chancellor.
[12:05] Lilith Ivory: (sorry sleepy and lazy here at the moment)
[12:05] Bagheera Kristan: Article II, section 9
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you, Bagheera.
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): In which case, yes, the Chancellor must give us 10 days to deliberate.
[12:06] Tanoujin Milestone: good job , Bags ;)
[12:07] Bagheera Kristan: well, we could do like the current us gov, pass it and see if it gets through the courts, *wry laugh*
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Did Mizou say that the Chancellor was preparing for the eventuality of the rebuild or that it would in fact happen?
[12:07] Bagheera Kristan: and the RA gets to vote on it after
[12:07] Lilith Ivory gives Bags a strict look ;-)
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Speak of the devil.
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hi Mizou
[12:07] Lilith Ivory: Hi Mizou
[12:07] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): devil??
[12:07] Bagheera Kristan: Hi Mizou
[12:07] Tanoujin Milestone: Mizou :)
[12:07] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): hi all
[12:08] Bagheera Kristan: lol, friendly devil
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Hah, you're no devil, Mizou
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): ㋡
[12:08] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We are discussing Tor's proposal to rebuild the Rathaus
[12:08] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): just in time
[12:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I have a question, though. Is the Chancellor planning on replacing it right away or presenting the build?
[12:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): it will be presented when it is done, i would imagine
[12:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): for insoection and approval
[12:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): inspection
[12:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera, are you done?
[12:10] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: oh yes, sorry, yes, done
[12:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Oh, thanks.
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: I have a question
[12:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): (Woops.)
[12:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tan?
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: do we want to recodify the NL 4-23 Public Property Protection Act
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: and if yes, who is going to write the proposal?
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): With what Bagheera has pointed out, I do not think it is necessary.
[12:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bageera?
[12:12] Tanoujin Milestone: ahhhh, ic....
[12:13] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Bagheera Kristan
[12:13] Bagheera Kristan: I think it might be helpful to update NL 4-23 and replace references to the Guild with Chancellor - for clarities sake - otherwise we are stuck with having to cross reference the law to the Constitution, instead of having the law just state plainly what it means in present time. I make a motion to do this. Done
[12:13] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Second?
[12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[12:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:14] Bagheera Kristan: Aye
[12:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[12:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: nice
[12:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We can discuss this directly with the Chancellor
[12:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): To that effect, I motion we table 5b and 5c.
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: still my second question: who is going to do the work? Forum entry first?
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, second
[12:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We should appeal to the forum, yes.
[12:16] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Do you agree, Bagheera?
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: in legislative discussion i guess
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: sorry, I am lost, lol, do I agree with the tabling or what
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[12:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): With the forum post, haha. Sorry.
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: agree aye
[12:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Poor following of parliamentary rules on my part....
[12:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote on the tabling of 5b and 5c
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[12:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passed
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: any volunteer to write that into legislative discussion?
[12:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I am too busy at th emoment, unfortunately.
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, i believe!
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: Bags, are you up to it?
[12:19] Bagheera Kristan: I wouldn't be able to get to it until next week, I am still recovering and on medication, lol....
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: well, get better soon... i will do it then
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: thanks Tan
[12:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thanks
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: if i make mistakes you can give me feedback
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: :)
[12:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We can continue discussion of the Rathaus proposal at the next RA meeting.
[12:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Any general announcements?
[12:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): see you al next time :)
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: Bye Mizou!
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: bye Mizou :)
[12:21] Lilith Ivory: well I reminded Tor again we need to hold an official Govt question hour sometimes too
[12:21] Lilith Ivory: and hope he will contact Mr LRA and Ms dean about times that work for us to be present
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: nice
[12:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): /m nods
[12:23] Lilith Ivory: nothing else to annunce from my side :)
[12:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright!
[12:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I will send out a Doodle poll for the extraordinary meeting
[12:24] Bagheera Kristan: great
[12:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I will aim for the 16th or 17th.
[12:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is that ok?
[12:24] Bagheera Kristan: yes
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: what day of the week is that?
[12:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thursday and Friday
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: okay
[12:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): If not, we can do the week after.
[12:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I am on Sprng Break then.
[12:25] Lilith Ivory: I wonder if it owuld not be possible to hold extraordinary meetings on weekends to have more citizens here too
[12:26] Bagheera Kristan: I can do Saturdays sometimes, but Sundays are not good as a general rule
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): That does not work for Bagheera, but if she is willing to humour us we can
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): We can see.
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: doodle will show
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I can add Saturday hours for the Doodle poll
[12:26] Bagheera Kristan: I can do an extraordinary saturday :)
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): So, expect that from me soon!
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: great
[12:26] Bagheera Kristan: thanks Gaius
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to adjourn?
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Second?
[12:27] Bagheera Kristan: second
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Vote?
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:27] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thanks, folks!

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”