Transcript - RA Extraordinary Meeting - 18 March 2017

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Transcript - RA Extraordinary Meeting - 18 March 2017

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

[11:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Since we are all here and we have a quorum, let's begin.
[11:00] Sylvia Northman (sylvia.tamalyn) is eating lunch at the keyboard
[11:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I call this meeting to order.
[11:01] Tor Karlsvalt: Hi Sudane
[11:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I would like to note, first, that Han Held has requested a seven-day vote.
[11:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the agenda?
[11:01] Bagheera Kristan: Motion to approve
[11:01] Tanoujin Milestone: wait a moment
[11:01] Tanoujin Milestone: does the agenda include Updating NL 4-23 Public Property Protection Act
[11:01] Ranma Tardis: second
[11:01] Tanoujin Milestone: ?
[11:02] Tanoujin Milestone: I do not see it - so i move to add that for discussion
[11:02] Bagheera Kristan: actually, lol, I spoke too soon , sorry, what is my proposal?
[11:02] Tor Karlsvalt doubletakes of Widget's hat.
[11:02] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:02] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I kept the language from the previous agenda on this one to be clear what we would be discussing.
[11:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I can edit the agenda to better reflect that we are discussing the updated law.
[11:03] Bagheera Kristan: yes, please
[11:03] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, well, i did not get it from the text :)
[11:03] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The new agenda is in the box
[11:04] Bagheera Kristan: much better, thank you :) I move to approve the new agenda
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[11:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): LEt's vote
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:05] Ranma Tardis: aye
[11:05] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the minutes?
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[11:05] Bagheera Kristan: seconded
[11:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote
[11:06] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[11:06] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[11:06] Ranma Tardis: aye
[11:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[11:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Would you like to give your report, Tor?
[11:07] Tor Karlsvalt: oh sure
[11:07] Tor Karlsvalt: Thank you
[11:08] Tor Karlsvalt: The major change has been the casperization of our tier collections
[11:08] Bagheera Kristan: *claps!*
[11:08] Delia Lake: yay!
[11:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): clap clap clap
[11:08] Tor Karlsvalt: As you may all know, our boxes are being converted and I believe are almsost all completed.
[11:09] Sudane Erato: alll except NFS
[11:09] Tor Karlsvalt: Sudane can fill some of the details, but NFS might be the last of the regions.
[11:09] Tor Karlsvalt: It is the largest in terms of tier boxes.
[11:09] Bagheera Kristan: *nods*
[11:09] Tor Karlsvalt: We probably lost about $100 USD last month.
[11:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Sudane has not completed the financial reports but things that is about where we are heading.
[11:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Not too bad, and considering we have had a small profit we are close to even.
[11:10] Tor Karlsvalt: Still, land sales are a problem.
[11:11] Tor Karlsvalt: We are hoping to work on this more.
[11:11] Tor Karlsvalt: As you might know, I have started my land store to pass out info on land.
[11:11] Tor Karlsvalt: Four people have made inquires and I followed up with all of them. One actually replied positively.
[11:11] Tor Karlsvalt: So I will continue this.
[11:12] Tor Karlsvalt: I am personally a sponsor for Radio Riel and use my PSA to support CDS.
[11:12] Bagheera Kristan: *nods appreciatively*
[11:13] Tor Karlsvalt: In addition I am experimenting with classifieds. So far the two I have taken out have not had any TP or looks. So not sure if that really works.
[11:15] Tor Karlsvalt: And of course I am proposing that the Rathaus be replaced with a new building by Mizou Vavoom which will actually represent the Rathaus of Rothenburg Germany and be of better quality and updated techniques compared to the one currently on the Platz. Not to mention be in accordance with the original stipulations laid out by RA in October 2005 when the building was authorized.
[11:15] Tor Karlsvalt: Events
[11:15] Tor Karlsvalt: well
[11:15] Tor Karlsvalt: We have had two successful evnets.
[11:15] Tor Karlsvalt: And actually one let to some new citizens.
[11:16] Tor Karlsvalt: One fizzled due to a snafu.
[11:16] Sudane Erato: great!
[11:16] Tor Karlsvalt: But we will be planning more and I think at least one leading up to the CDS Pride and one during should be expected.
[11:17] Tor Karlsvalt: Some of us just met with Gaius who is leading the planning for the CDS Pride events this April 22nd.
[11:17] Tor Karlsvalt: ok, thats it.
[11:17] Tor Karlsvalt: I'll be around for questions
[11:17] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you, Tor ㋡
[11:17] Sudane Erato: yes... thx!
[11:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Before we ask questions of our chancellor, can we get a brief report from the LUC?
[11:18] Delia Lake: Yes
[11:18] Delia Lake: very brief
[11:18] Delia Lake: 2 things we are working on
[11:19] Delia Lake: 1 is a proposal by Bagheera to attach the prims for buildings that are publicly owned and cannot be replaced but are situated on private land, to be attached to public land
[11:20] Delia Lake: 2 is a review of CN and the public spaces there
[11:21] Delia Lake: re the first, Bagheera did a spreadsheet with listings of properties that we are working off. Widget and I have done some of the assessments so far
[11:21] Delia Lake: other people are working on this too
[11:21] Delia Lake: done for now
[11:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you, Delia.
[11:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there any citizens' concerns?
[11:22] Tor Karlsvalt raises hand
[11:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor?
[11:22] Tor Karlsvalt: Yes, thank
[11:22] Tor Karlsvalt: this is a bit out of order, but I forgot to mention one important thing.
[11:23] Tor Karlsvalt: Sylvia Northman has graciously lent a parcel in Bay City for a CDS embassy.
[11:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[11:23] Bagheera Kristan: nice !
[11:23] Sylvia Northman (sylvia.tamalyn) smiles
[11:23] Tor Karlsvalt: She had allowed us to choose between two very good locations.
[11:23] Sudane Erato: great!
[11:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) claps
[11:24] Tor Karlsvalt: I have passed the landmarks to the Guild so the builders could assess which would be best and what build to use.
[11:24] Tor Karlsvalt: Thanks
[11:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you Tor, and thank you Sylvia
[11:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there any other concerns?
[11:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) waits a minute.
[11:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there any RA concerns?
[11:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[11:26] Tanoujin Milestone: not from me
[11:26] Bagheera Kristan: Yes please, a couple follow up questions for the Chancellor...
[11:28] Bagheera Kristan: First, regarding the Rathaus rebuild, is there a timeline for when the building and/or options requested from the forums by citizens will be presented for final review, or has that timeline/process been defined yet, especially in light of NL 4-23? Second...
[11:28] Bagheera Kristan: in Mizou's initial post, there was an intimation that there were other works presented to the Guild for work? Are there? and if so, what are they? Thank you. Done
[11:29] Tor Karlsvalt: Ok thanks for the questions.
[11:30] Tor Karlsvalt: No there has not been a timeline established. However, I believe Mizou is nearing completion. She as work to do. I can give you a picture she posted on FB.
[11:31] Tor Karlsvalt: I imagine, once the build is completed, it will be introduced to the RA. I know she has already invited everyone to her building platform in order to review what has been completed.
[11:31] Tor Karlsvalt: Regarding the second question.
[11:32] Tor Karlsvalt: Yes, I requested that the Guild rebuild two houses in CN which were damaged after the resident, Danton Sideways, left CDS.
[11:32] Tor Karlsvalt: These are located along the north wall of the CN City.
[11:32] Delia Lake raises her hand re this question
[11:32] Widget Whiteberry nods appreciatively
[11:33] Tor Karlsvalt: They were minor buildings but needed updating. As they became vacant, I requested that the Guild rebuild them. The job was given to Sudane.
[11:33] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[11:33] Sudane Erato: I've just gotten started w #1
[11:33] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you Tor (and Sudane) :) I believe Delia has a question
[11:34] Delia Lake: not a question, a comment
[11:35] Delia Lake: since the LUC is reviewing the CN Forum area, we may wait to have new buildings placed down in that area until our review/recommendations are complete, just in case streets would change
[11:35] Delia Lake: done
[11:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you Tor and Delia.
[11:35] Sudane Erato: what I'm doing would not alter any streets
[11:36] Sudane Erato: just replace the builds
[11:36] Tanoujin Milestone: (but the LUC may want to alter the streets...)
[11:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there any other concerns?
[11:37] Ranma Tardis: raises hand
[11:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma?
[11:37] Ranma Tardis: I am concerned about the continued viability of CN as a sim.
[11:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there more to that concern, Ranma?
[11:38] Ranma Tardis: Is this why we are rebuilding Rathaus? to relocate the government?
[11:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor, would you like to answer that?
[11:39] Tor Karlsvalt: yes
[11:39] Tor Karlsvalt: There is no doubt that CN is a problem.
[11:40] Tor Karlsvalt: I think, however, it has some very good parcels and we just need to push those river parcels even more.
[11:40] Tor Karlsvalt: Alas, some of this can change overnight.
[11:41] Tor Karlsvalt: And we carried LA for a very long long time before it turned around.
[11:41] Bagheera Kristan: *raises hand*
[11:41] Ranma Tardis: What about CDSL 24-01?
[11:42] Tor Karlsvalt: Atm CDS isn't bleeding money, tho we do have a small cut. I think we just have to work hard. It might help if citizens put available land in our picks and helped to recruit.
[11:42] Tor Karlsvalt: I do not think we are going to change she meeting place of the government.
[11:42] Tor Karlsvalt: In any case, where the RA meets is the RA's business.
[11:42] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[11:43] Tor Karlsvalt runs to the portal for a copy of CDSL 24
[11:43] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera, is your concern related to this?
[11:43] Bagheera Kristan: yes it is
[11:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Also, for reference, could one please use the speaker moderator on the centre table in the future?
[11:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I have noticed some have not been doing so.
[11:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera, please.
[11:44] Tor Karlsvalt: ok yes that one.
[11:44] Bagheera Kristan: first, here is the link to 24-01
[11:44] Bagheera Kristan: http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/faqs ... ement-act/
[11:44] Bagheera Kristan: I just wanted to say, as an aside, and I have mentioned this before....
[11:44] Tor Karlsvalt: I will have to review that and if it applies to CN.
[11:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I do not believe it does.
[11:44] Tor Karlsvalt: sorry Bags
[11:45] Bagheera Kristan: There is one river parcel that has interested me but I have felt- for me personally - that the "private estate" limitations make it too restricted for me to actually use, especially since it is an expensive parcel…
[11:46] Bagheera Kristan: I have suggested in passing before, it might be good to loosen that "private estate" limitation to allow for "light" commercial activity. I know this entails some work, but I think it would make some of our larger parcels more desireable. Done
[11:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Widget?
[11:47] Widget Whiteberry: I'm of the opinion that in addition to Bags's suggestion, CN would be more attractive with smaller parcels and more linden riverside access
[11:47] Widget Whiteberry: done
[11:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[11:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Delia?
[11:48] Tor Karlsvalt: Sorry
[11:48] Tor Karlsvalt: That was a timely crash
[11:49] Delia Lake: There are inconsistencies in the covenant for CN so recommendations for some changes to that document will be part of the LUC recommendation. we also are considering use of parcels in the review
[11:49] Delia Lake: so that fits well, both what Bagheera and what Widget said
[11:49] Tor Karlsvalt raises hand
[11:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are you done, Delia?
[11:51] Delia Lake: done
[11:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tor?
[11:51] Tor Karlsvalt: Thanks
[11:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): And then we really must move on...
[11:53] Tor Karlsvalt: First with regard to the law, I will have to look at the occupancy and make a determination. However, as I read it, although I may be empowered to begin to sell a sim, I have no intention of doing so, and do not want anyone to panic and think CN is going to be sold. Also, most of those parcel, the large one, in my memory, have been held for a very long time for most of my tenure in CDS. And only recently have some of them come up on the market, two of them from a member of the RA.
[11:53] Tor Karlsvalt: I would hope we can sell them
[11:53] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, in my opinion CDS already has many small parcels.
[11:53] Tor Karlsvalt: They allow for participation for all people.
[11:54] Tor Karlsvalt: We do not need more small parcels.
[11:54] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[11:54] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[11:54] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Captain Smith wasn't worried after they hit the iceberg either
[11:55] Sudane Erato: pfft
[11:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) coughs something about false historical equivalency.
[11:55] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:55] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let us move on.
[11:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tanoujin, would you like to present your proposal re NFSL 4-23?
[11:57] Tanoujin Milestone: sigh, yes, I would, if it were finished, i believe it is not, here however is the link to the forums discussion
[11:57] Tanoujin Milestone: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7971
[11:57] Tanoujin Milestone: i just edited it to exchange Guild With Chancellor
[11:57] Tanoujin Milestone: but Rosie had some good suggestions
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: since then there were no text suggestions, but i think bags had some objections to change the text further
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: Bags?
[11:58] Bagheera Kristan: okay, thank you....
[12:00] Bagheera Kristan: I had not realized until this morning that there was anything to discuss - thus my question re: the Agenda - lol. At the last meeting, the RA voted to exchange the word "Guild" with Chancellor" and that this was to clarify and bring into "present time" the original law, taking into account the Constitution's Article II, Section 9...
[12:00] Bagheera Kristan: Let us not muddy the waters.
[12:00] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:01] Tanoujin Milestone: i would suggest we take some parts of Rosie's version. Maybe we should pospone it now and continue discussion on the forum
[12:01] Bagheera Kristan: In my opinion, there are two issues - the first - updating NL 4-23 Public Property Protection Act by exchanging the word "Guild" with "Chancellor" has been done and should be ratified as it stands... the second issue, which involves further clarification of the law as has been suggested by Rosie...
[12:01] Bagheera Kristan: please let me finish
[12:02] Bagheera Kristan: although I am agreeing with you, Tan... lol...
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: excuse me
[12:02] Bagheera Kristan: np :)
[12:03] Bagheera Kristan: the second issue would be to continue discussion on the forum and ALSO, my thought, since NL 4-23 had been overlooked for some time, is for people to think and observe how it impacts us, make sure we are following it, before making changes that might make it hard to follow what is happening (i.e. muddying the waters).
[12:03] Bagheera Kristan: Done
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I would like to ask my own question of you, however, Bagheera.
[12:06] Bagheera Kristan: of course :)
[12:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): In what way have previous chancellor's violated NFSL 4-23? The implication of what you are saying is that they have in fact violated that law.
[12:07] Bagheera Kristan: That is not what I meant at all ! but I do know .... (just a moment)
[12:08] Bagheera Kristan: That is not what I meant at all ! but I do know that - in the past - the perception of Chancellor powers had been based on the Constitution Article II Section 2 -
[12:09] Bagheera Kristan: without taking into consideration Section 9 and NL 4-23.
[12:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Yes, ok, I understand now.
[12:09] Bagheera Kristan: when I was Chancellor, the perception by many was I was doing the CDS a "favor" by holding town hall meetings and putting some things to the RA for a vote before proceeding. I knew ethically it was the right thing to do
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: not done yet, please :)
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: lol
[12:10] Bagheera Kristan: sorry so slow
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:12] Bagheera Kristan: actually, I can think if at least a couple things that maybe should not have happened under various chancellors since I have been here, but it is not worth the time to catalogue or get into debates about it - what matters is that the law is now brought into present time and the mindset about how things should proceed has been clarified. Okay, now I am done. Thank you
[12:12] Tanoujin Milestone nods in agreement
[12:13] Ranma Tardis: nods in agrement
[12:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): To my understanding, Chancellors have always brought their projects of major builds to the RA.
[12:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma?
[12:13] Delia Lake sneaks out and logs into rl
[12:13] Tor Karlsvalt raises hand
[12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Delia
[12:13] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): bye Delia
[12:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ranma?
[12:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tan, would you like to speak and then Ranma can speak after she returns
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, sorry ffor the delay
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: pk, while i agreee with you, Bags, I would like to find a way to handle that update now...
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: i think we all agree it is valid now as it stands
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: be it "guild" or "chancellor"
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: it does not matter because of secton 9 of the constitution
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: so we do not need to touch it in a hurry
[12:16] Ranma Tardis: oh ducked out for a sec
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: we can proceed according to it
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: so, if we pass it now with a minor edit, we would have to touch it twice
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: i am afraid the discussion would lose its momentum then
[12:17] Ranma Tardis: I wanted to state agrement with Bags that the CDS should own all objects on CDS land, it is whats the problem with Rathaus
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: so, my question to you Bags: do you want to pass it with the minor update, or should we proceed according to it and update it after a long term discussion?
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: you are asking my personal opinion. My personal opinion is...
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: we should proceed according to it and update it after a long term discussion. done
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: cool. I iagree
[12:19] Tanoujin Milestone: daone
[12:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you both.
[12:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Well, three.
[12:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I do not think this can be solved today, though, and that we should table discussion for the forum.
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: (Sorry Ranma, I hope you feel not left out)
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: I move we table it for further discussion
[12:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Second
[12:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote
[12:21] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[12:21] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes.
[12:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Sudane, are you still here?
[12:21] Sudane Erato: i'm here! :)
[12:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Perfect!
[12:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Would you like to tell us about your proposal?
[12:22] Sudane Erato: well... sure
[12:22] Sudane Erato: its rather lengthily described on the forum
[12:22] Sudane Erato: but
[12:22] Sudane Erato: in a nutshelll
[12:22] Sudane Erato: I simply propose that we switch from collecting our tier
[12:23] Sudane Erato: on a US$ basis
[12:23] Sudane Erato: to a L$ basis
[12:23] Sudane Erato: the explanations are long, and described on the forum
[12:23] Sudane Erato: but I had the sense that people understood
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone nods
[12:23] Sudane Erato: so if there are questions... I can certtainly answer them
[12:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[12:24] Sudane Erato: one thing tho
[12:24] Sudane Erato: I proposed that we swicth to a L$ basis
[12:24] Sudane Erato: but I did not propose WHAT L$ number we should switch to!
[12:24] Sudane Erato: I've been trying to work that out...
[12:25] Sudane Erato: I thought it would be fairly simple
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:25] Sudane Erato: to more or less match what we pay now
[12:25] Sudane Erato: but... its a bit more complex than I thought
[12:25] Sudane Erato: we charge different rates on each sim
[12:25] Sudane Erato: sadly
[12:26] Sudane Erato: and I am determined that we should charge one rate on every sim
[12:26] Sudane Erato: to do that
[12:26] Sudane Erato: and to make sure things change as little as possible
[12:26] Sudane Erato: is what I'm trying to achieve
[12:26] Sudane Erato: anyway
[12:27] Sudane Erato: I won't change anything until I work this out
[12:27] Sudane Erato: but
[12:27] Sudane Erato: I would appreciate your approval to make the change in principle
[12:27] Sudane Erato: that's it
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker) nods.
[12:27] Sudane Erato: questions?
[12:27] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Bagheera?
[12:27] Tor Karlsvalt claps
[12:28] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you for your hard work on this, Sudane *smiles*. I raised my hand before you were done because I had one question, but as you were speaking I also had a second thought, so let me get through both....
[12:29] Bagheera Kristan: My question was - would be possible and kept to a reasonable burden - to have monthly or maybe just the quarterly reports - include both linden and US dollar values at the time of the report - shown side by side - so people could have a handle on real world values...? then my second thought....
[12:31] Bagheera Kristan: my second thought is in regard to your statement about making all the sims reflect the same rate. To my mind, this seems a different issue and I don't know that it needs to be resolved before proceeding with the transfer over.... What I was thinking was, pick a day and use the exchange rate average for that day, then just apply it to everything in all the sims... sort out the difference in rates between sims as a separate issue
[12:31] Bagheera Kristan: thank you again ! I know you do a lot of hard work. Done
[12:32] Sudane Erato: To the first question
[12:32] Sudane Erato: anyone can keep a record of exchange rate values... x L$s equals 1 US$
[12:32] Sudane Erato: if thats what you mean...
[12:33] Sudane Erato: I haven't done that... but I could generate a chart from the Balance Sheet, where they are recorded
[12:33] Tor Karlsvalt wonders if that historical info is online someplace.
[12:33] Sudane Erato: if you mean have a whole report in both currencies
[12:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): (IT is, Tor.)
[12:33] Sudane Erato: then no... that's not feasible
[12:33] Sudane Erato: as to the second question
[12:34] Sudane Erato: hmmm
[12:34] Sudane Erato: I have to set each tierbox individually with the tier amount
[12:34] Sudane Erato: with the current system, that tier amount in L$s varies each day
[12:35] Sudane Erato: there are a lot of tier boxes... something in the area of 300
[12:35] Sudane Erato: obviously we don't want to do that any more than we need to
[12:35] Sudane Erato: so I want to arrive at some conclusion... since we are making this big change
[12:36] Sudane Erato: as much as possible to do things just once
[12:36] Sudane Erato: done
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Coop?
[12:36] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Will it be based on the 'buy' rate or the 'sell' rate? The Sell rate has been a bit more fluid than the Buy rate over the last few months
[12:37] Sudane Erato: The basic thing we do here is collect tier in L$s
[12:37] Sudane Erato: Sell it
[12:37] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Some of the large holders of L$ have been cashing in big amounts of cash of late.
[12:37] Sudane Erato: and pay our bills in US$s
[12:37] Sudane Erato: so its based on the Sell rate
[12:37] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Thank you
[12:37] Sudane Erato: we have to Sell L$s
[12:37] Sudane Erato: yw :)
[12:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Thank you for that question, Coop.
[12:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): And for the answer, Sudane ㋡
[12:38] Sudane Erato: fyi
[12:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Tanoujin?
[12:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Ah, yes?
[12:38] Sudane Erato: I use the limit Sell
[12:38] Tanoujin Milestone: first of all, yes, I support that change in principle. Two questions
[12:38] Sudane Erato: i look at the chart of the best sell rates available
[12:38] Sudane Erato: and select a value 1L$ higher
[12:38] Sudane Erato: just so you know
[12:39] Sudane Erato: sorry... done
[12:39] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I figured a Chung was liquidating some lindens.
[12:39] Tanoujin Milestone: Is this purely administrativem or do you need a legislation for it?
[12:39] Sudane Erato: i think its purely administrative
[12:39] Sudane Erato: but
[12:39] Sudane Erato: it is a big decision
[12:39] Sudane Erato: so I thought that Tor and I should get RA support for this..
[12:39] Tanoujin Milestone: great, then I would like to know about the way back in case of an emergency
[12:40] Sudane Erato: and
[12:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Historically, as well, the RA is the one to legislate tier changes.
[12:40] Sudane Erato: if there were objections
[12:40] Sudane Erato: to postpone action until the objections were answered
[12:41] Tanoujin Milestone: you wrote you would suggest to change back to dollar base if the Linden sells 3 consecutive months for over 270?
[12:41] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:41] Sudane Erato: we run the risk of losing too much money
[12:41] Sudane Erato: if LL looses control of the rate
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: hmhm. I think that is a good idea. And who makes the decision, who is monitoring it?
[12:42] Sudane Erato: oh my... i certainly do!
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[12:42] Bagheera Kristan: :)
[12:42] Sudane Erato: I sell L$s each month on the first of the month
[12:42] Sudane Erato: and record the rate
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: sure, sure
[12:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/market.php
[12:43] Sudane Erato: (and then again around the 10th for New England)
[12:43] Tanoujin Milestone: well, if you say you need no law to back you up, fine. I am done
[12:43] Sudane Erato: lol... i defer to the law people on that :)
[12:43] Bagheera Kristan: *nods, I approve if my approval is needed*
[12:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): The principle does not need law, but I believe such major changes to tier do.
[12:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Law in the sense that we need that fleshed out.
[12:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the principle of moving our treasurer's bookkeeping from USD to L$?
[12:45] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[12:45] Bagheera Kristan: second
[12:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote.
[12:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): aye
[12:45] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:46] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:46] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes.
[12:47] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Are there any announcements?
[12:47] Sudane Erato: please forgive me... RL long ago called, and I am holding them off :)
[12:47] Sudane Erato: thank you!
[12:47] Bagheera Kristan: applauds Sudane !
[12:47] Tor Karlsvalt: Bye Sudane
[12:47] Tor Karlsvalt: See you and thanks
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: we have to thank, Bye for now
[12:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): I wanted to announce that the CDS Pride 2017 will take place on 22 April at Noon!
[12:48] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Mark your calendars!
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: i need mesh :)!!!
[12:49] Bagheera Kristan: good job, Gaius !
[12:49] Tor Karlsvalt awaits a poster.
[12:49] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): And I definitely encourage people to come and march, and especially to bring a crewe (and a float)!
[12:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Alright, I won't hold people any further.
[12:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Our next meeting is....
[12:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): 23 March 2017 @ 19:30
[12:50] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Thanks Gaius
[12:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Is there a merciful motion to adjourn?
[12:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): My wings need to rest.
[12:50] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved :)
[12:51] Bagheera Kristan: second
[12:51] Tor Karlsvalt applause
[12:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Let's vote!
[12:51] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[12:51] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Aye
[12:51] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Motion passes
[12:51] Tor Karlsvalt: yay!
[12:51] Gaius Tiberius Curio (guillaume.mistwalker): Meeting adjourned. ㋡

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”