Transcript - RA Meeting - July 9, 2017

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Transcript - RA Meeting - July 9, 2017

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): With that said, I call this meeting to order.
[12:05] Tanoujin Milestone: toady is fine too
[12:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Is there a motion to amend or to adopt the agenda?
[12:06] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to amend the agenda for discussion of the budget
[12:06] Sylvia Tamalyn: second
[12:06] Rosie Gray wonders where the Agenda is
[12:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's vote.
[12:06] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:06] Sylvia Tamalyn: aye
[12:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Aye
[12:06] Rosie Gray: thank you Gaius
[12:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): YW.
[12:06] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ranma?
[12:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ok.
[12:07] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Motion passes.
[12:07] Second Life: Guillaume Mistwalker gave you Agenda - 27th RA - 9 July 2017.
[12:07] Drewski Northman: Thank you, Gaius
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Is there a motion to approve the amended agenda?
[12:08] Lilith Ivory: thank you Gaius
[12:08] Sylvia Tamalyn: so moved
[12:08] Ranma Tardis: second
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's vote.
[12:08] Sylvia Tamalyn: aye
[12:08] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Aye
[12:08] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Motion passes.
[12:09] Tor Karlsvalt: I would like to make a picture of the budget, but having some difficulty with that. For the sake of quickness there is a link posted to the forum but here is a link to it.
[12:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): For the record, I have not heard from Em and she has not requested a 7-day vote.
[12:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's move on to 1b: minutes.
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to approve the minutes
[12:10] Sylvia Tamalyn: second
[12:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8151
[12:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's vote.
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:10] Sylvia Tamalyn: aye
[12:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Aye - and I found them very detailed!
[12:11] Ranma Tardis: aye
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, nice piece
[12:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Motion passes.
[12:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Herr Chancellor, would you like to present a report?
[12:12] Tor Karlsvalt: Sure
[12:12] Tor Karlsvalt: The link I passed out is the proposed budget.
[12:13] Tor Karlsvalt: I include some note on the second page that might be helpful in understanding some our financial situation.
[12:13] Tor Karlsvalt: In general the proposed budget does propose a deficit.
[12:13] Tor Karlsvalt: We are pretty much running even with regard to payment of the sims.
[12:14] Tor Karlsvalt: Most of the deficit will be from events and web hosting fees.
[12:14] Tor Karlsvalt: I am not too clear on the amounts of web hosting.
[12:15] Tor Karlsvalt: Mizou informs me that she paid $107.13 USD for the portal domain name and one year of hosting fees through May 2018.
[12:15] Tor Karlsvalt: I saw a post from Sudane that the fee was actually $119.00.
[12:16] Tor Karlsvalt: I used the higher amount given that would cover any additional expenditures.
[12:16] Tor Karlsvalt: I believe we still owe Mizou $7.00.
[12:16] Tor Karlsvalt: We also need to pay for the hosting of the recently reactivated Forum.
[12:16] Tor Karlsvalt: I am not sure how much that will be so I just used what we paid for the portal.
[12:17] Tor Karlsvalt: Both of these fees will be a big hit for this term.
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: about 240 US$
[12:17] Tor Karlsvalt: However they are fees for the year. So I imagine we will just only see these fees once a year.
[12:17] Tor Karlsvalt: The forum, if so that is a lot more than the portal.
[12:18] Tor Karlsvalt: I am told by Mizou that the plan is to fold the cost of the forum into the portal next year.
[12:18] Callipygian Christensen coughs
[12:18] Tor Karlsvalt: Alas, this year we seem to be saddled with fees for both the portal and the forum.
[12:18] Lilith Ivory: it is the SC who decides about what happens with the forum
[12:19] Tor Karlsvalt: ok, no problems with that but it is the RA that has to appropriate the money.
[12:19] Lilith Ivory: I just wanted to be very clear about this fact again
[12:20] Tor Karlsvalt: As the law does allow for CDS funding of citizen event via the Tip Jar receipts, I have budgeted for Citizen Initiated events.
[12:20] Tor Karlsvalt: I intend to offer this money to any citizen interested in creating an event for the community.
[12:21] Tor Karlsvalt: Largely this will be on an honor system with just a few stipulations. Namely that the event must be in a CDS region and not exclude anyone not already banned by the CDS.
[12:22] Tor Karlsvalt: Other than that it will be business as usual.
[12:22] Tor Karlsvalt: a bit of IM Lag
[12:22] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[12:22] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you
[12:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I appreciate the report on the budget, and I am sure it will instruct our discussion there.
[12:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Since that report was on the report, let us postpone questions until the relevant discussion.
[12:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): *last report was on the budget
[12:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Can anyone report to us on the work of the LUC?
[12:24] Sylvia Tamalyn: they have not met since april
[12:25] Sylvia Tamalyn: otherwise, i think we have the land shift discussion later on in our agenda for today :)
[12:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Perhaps that will stir them into activity again.
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: you whish ;)
[12:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Haha, I do!
[12:25] Ranma Tardis: I doubt it
[12:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Are there any citizens' concerns?
[12:26] Rosie Gray raises a hand
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Rosie -- and please use the talking stick
[12:26] Rosie Gray: oh sorry
[12:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you ㋡
[12:26] Rosie Gray: well, I just wanted to say I"m concerned about the lack of LUC activity
[12:27] Rosie Gray: I think if we need to depend on the LUC for certain things about the regions, it should not be allowed to languish
[12:27] Rosie Gray: and while I'm on the topic
[12:27] Rosie Gray: I feel the same about the Law Review Committee, which is even worse
[12:28] Rosie Gray: I would like the RA to direct the committees somehow, to ensure that they are meeting and reporting
[12:28] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:28] Rosie Gray: done
[12:28] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you.
[12:28] Tanoujin Milestone: me raises hand
[12:29] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I agree about the LUC, but I had thought that the Law Review was a private committee, an NGO, not a public organ.
[12:29] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): It is
[12:29] Rosie Gray shrugs
[12:29] Rosie Gray: I think that if they are going to affect the laws, which is very important, then they should be transparent
[12:30] Lilith Ivory: it´has in it´s founding document there will be public meetings but I agree they are not bliged to report
[12:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Tan?
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: you covered it, I retract
[12:30] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Callipygian Christensen
[12:30] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Calli?
[12:30] Callipygian Christensen: thank you
[12:31] Callipygian Christensen: Gauius is correct, the Law Review is an NGO and not directed by the RA
[12:31] Callipygian Christensen: Rosie, have you identified laws you wish to work on and been told you can't?
[12:32] Rosie Gray: no
[12:32] Rosie Gray: but how can I or anyone else participate if we don't know what's going on
[12:32] Rosie Gray: and what would be the purpose in duplicating work?
[12:32] Callipygian Christensen: The way the LawReview is charteredit allows any citizen to identify and start work on any existing or new law, andin no way bars RA from doing so as part of its mandate..so I am confused a little.
[12:33] Rosie Gray: well, if a person wants to join the Law Review group, how would they do that?
[12:33] Callipygian Christensen: So in the absence ofor no response from the chair, I'd contact the vice chair andfollow the process.
[12:33] Rosie Gray: I remember that there was a question from them on the forums about a year ago, as to who might be interested in being on it
[12:33] Rosie Gray: and I said that I would be
[12:34] Callipygian Christensen: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7634
[12:34] Rosie Gray: and that's the last I ever heard of the Law Review
[12:34] Callipygian Christensen: the charter is there, on the forums, nnd identifieshow to join, how to identify interest andso on
[12:34] Rosie Gray: it gives no names
[12:34] Rosie Gray: so how could anyone follow up?
[12:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I sympathise with Rosie. It is often difficult to know the composition of these groups--the LUC and the Law Review both.
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): But since we have a member of the Law Review here, perhaps he can elucidate the situation more for us. Are you done, Calli?
[12:36] Callipygian Christensen: well reading the charter provides the start up names, the transcript of the meeting probably points to something..I havent read it but this is the link for later *shrug*
[12:36] Callipygian Christensen: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7652
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you
[12:36] Callipygian Christensen: yes, done Gauius
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you, Calli ㋡
[12:36] Rosie Gray notes that it was almost exactly a year ago
[12:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Coop?
[12:37] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): Thank you
[12:37] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: RogueGeek Cooperstone
[12:37] Budget for 27th Term : Hello, Avatar!
[12:38] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): The primary issue with Law Review is the issue we've had with so many other institutions in CDS. The people who are working are of small subset of citizens
[12:38] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): The primary issue has been, as the Chancellor is aware, often RL issues of work and family take recedence
[12:39] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): We all are not at liberty to be inworld as often as we'd like. It's a fact of working life these days
[12:39] Second Life: Tor Karlsvalt gave you Budget for 27th Term.
[12:40] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): I'd also add as NGOs go, I do not know who is a member of the Guild, or if they have had any meetings
[12:40] Rosie Gray: you can join the guild, if you wish Coop
[12:40] Rosie Gray: there is a group
[12:40] Rosie Gray: you can apply
[12:41] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): Rosie, may I finish?
[12:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's not make this into a tit-for-tat of each other's projects.
[12:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I say that to both of you.
[12:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Please continue, Coop.
[12:42] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): There are a few things I'd like to see addressed, and a few things I think as a group we should look at in the coming RA terms.
[12:44] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): We have a few things all around we as a whole should try to commit to improving, and I will strive to assist in making the LUC more visible, as an advisory member.
[12:44] RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): Done.
[12:44] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Guillaume Mistwalker
[12:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you, Coop.
[12:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I want to take this moment to address a concern which I have about some of these committees.
[12:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Namely, as a communiy of less than a hundred citizens, and far fewer active political citizens in the CDS, I find it troublesome to have a complicated system of government.
[12:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): If there are inactive organs in our government, we ought to simplify the running of our estate and be cautious of activity.
[12:46] Rosie Gray waves hello to Pip
[12:46] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Perhaps the biggest issue with the LUC is that there is no work left to do, or that there is no liaison between the RA and the LUC.
[12:46] Pip Torok waves back
[12:47] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): If the Law Review has no other work, perhaps it is the work of individual citizens to approach the RA with their proposals and for us to establish specific committees charged with holding public fora to discuss those issues.
[12:47] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Done.
[12:47] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[12:47] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ranma.
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: I agree with Gaius, if a committee or NGO is past its time, it should be eliminated. The LUC's functions can be done under the Chancellor and the LRC can be a committee under the RA as needed
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: Our government is too complex for our number of citizens and simple is better
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: done
[12:50] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Rosie Gray
[12:50] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Rosie?
[12:50] Rosie Gray: thank you
[12:50] Rosie Gray: I have to agree with what you are both saying, Gaius and Ranma
[12:50] Rosie Gray: if the committees don't meet regularly
[12:50] Rosie Gray: and report on what they are doing
[12:50] Rosie Gray: then there is really no point in them
[12:51] Rosie Gray: and in fact they would get in the way, since other people assume that they are working on things
[12:51] Rosie Gray: however, I do think that they can be relevant
[12:51] Rosie Gray: if they actually meet and get on with things
[12:51] Rosie Gray: I think that there just hasn't been any attempt to have meetings
[12:51] Rosie Gray: I know it's difficult
[12:51] Rosie Gray: I know we are all busy
[12:52] Rosie Gray: and yes, okay if the current Law Review people... whomever they are.. .don't want new people on board
[12:52] Rosie Gray: and they don't meet, or report,
[12:53] Rosie Gray: then really I guess someone else could go ahead and create another NGO for the same purpose
[12:53] Rosie Gray: I don't think that's a feasible idea mind you
[12:53] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[12:53] Rosie Gray: the LUC is another matter
[12:53] Rosie Gray: it's supposed to be official
[12:54] Rosie Gray: when was the last meeting...
[12:54] Rosie Gray: I know that it was not my job to post the transcripts for the last 2 meetings
[12:54] Rosie Gray: but I did do it, because the person who was supposed to, didn't do it
[12:54] Rosie Gray: and that last meeting was iin March
[12:55] Rosie Gray: so there you go. It seems people want to be on committees and have control over certain things, but then they don't follow through
[12:55] Rosie Gray: it is frustrating
[12:55] Rosie Gray: and I end my tirade now!
[12:55] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Callipygian Christensen
[12:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you, Rosie.
[12:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Calli?
[12:56] Callipygian Christensen: in respect of the timeframes of the agenda..
[12:56] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): ...thank you...
[12:56] Callipygian Christensen: and because responsding to Rosie's - well, whatever the hell you want to call that -
[12:57] Rosie Gray: 'citizen's concern'
[12:57] Callipygian Christensen: I'll post a response about this on the Forums. I will however point out Gauius, that you and others here were on RA at the time the Law Review came into existaence..
[12:57] Callipygian Christensen: perhaps you should g back and read some transcritps to jog memories as to why it is the form it is
[12:57] Callipygian Christensen: done.
[12:58] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Sylvia.
[13:00] Sylvia Tamalyn: i just want to point out that we have spent well over the allotted 10 minutes discussing items, grievances, whatever we want to call them, and i am not sure how much of it is anything the RA can actually do anything about. i would like to request a bit more focus if we can so that we can be productive, and my apologies if i misunderstand the whole point to the "citizen's concenrs" section of the agenda. it just seems non-productive to spend too much time on non-RA things.
[13:00] Sylvia Tamalyn: done
[13:00] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:00] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): My apologies, Sylvia.
[13:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): You are right--in the future, I will be more strict on length of time.
[13:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's move on.
[13:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Tanoujin has an RA concern.
[13:01] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Then we can move onto old business.
[13:01] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, i retract, lets go on
[13:02] Sylvia Tamalyn: wb tor
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: wb Tor
[13:03] Tor Karlsvalt: thanks
[13:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Very well.
[13:03] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): 4a.
[13:04] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Shift LI to public land for some residential builds
[13:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Sylvia has informed me that, in fact, the LUC did complete its surveying of the estate to see the impact to moving public buildings from private parcels' land impact.
[13:05] Sylvia Tamalyn nods
[13:05] Tanoujin Milestone: cool
[13:05] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): IIRC, it was at the LUC's 4 April meeting that Rosie here shared a chart portraying this surveying work.
[13:06] Sylvia Tamalyn: may i add something, gaius?
[13:06] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Yes, please.
[13:07] Sylvia Tamalyn: in a nutshell, after reviewing transcripts from meetings of both the RA and LUC, it seems to me that 1) the LUC has been waiting for the RA to vote, while 2) the RA has been under the assumption that the LUC is proceeding with the shift. so it is a stalemate
[13:07] Rosie Gray laughs
[13:07] Tanoujin Milestone: what do we have to vote on?
[13:07] Sylvia Tamalyn: well i am not sure, but there you have it
[13:07] Ranma Tardis: why has the LUC not made a report to the RA?
[13:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Can you provide the link tot eh Google Doc please, Sylvia?
[13:08] Sylvia Tamalyn: of course, one sec
[13:08] Sylvia Tamalyn:
[13:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's not point fingers any more today.
[13:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank ou.
[13:08] Sylvia Tamalyn: thank you, gaius
[13:08] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): In the transcripts, as I recall, the LUC wanted to use the Mews as a pilot project.
[13:09] Sylvia Tamalyn: correct, from my reading
[13:09] Pip Torok "seconds" Guillaume's suggestion
[13:09] Ranma Tardis: frowns
[13:09] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I checked last night, and it seems as if this work was never done.
[13:09] Sylvia Tamalyn: no, they were waiting on the RA to vote
[13:09] Ranma Tardis: yet they did not report to the RA
[13:09] Sylvia Tamalyn: perhaps rosie would be better able to address this than i am, seeing as i was not on the LUC at the time
[13:10] Sylvia Tamalyn: please, ranma, can we move on and discuss what is going on now? thanks :)
[13:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I suggest we vote to authorise the LUC and the Exec to begin work on this project and report back to us.
[13:10] Ranma Tardis: no
[13:10] Sylvia Tamalyn: is that a motion, gaius?
[13:10] Sylvia Tamalyn will happily second if it is
[13:10] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Might as well be!
[13:10] Tanoujin Milestone: fine :)
[13:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I motion to authorise the LUC and the Executive to begin work on the Mews pilot project to shift LI from private parcels' public builds to public land impact.
[13:11] Sylvia Tamalyn: second
[13:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's vote.
[13:11] Sylvia Tamalyn: aye
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks for analyzing the situation, Sylvia and gaius
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:11] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Aye
[13:11] Ranma Tardis: nay
[13:12] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Motion passes.
[13:12] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[13:12] Rosie Gray: yay
[13:12] Ranma Tardis: frowns
[13:12] Drewski Northman: APPLAUSE!!!!
[13:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): It was made clear to me that when I asked the last RA's LUC member to report to me on work that one did not provide me with details of this report. So I think Sylvia for her research work as a competent RA member.
[13:13] Sylvia Tamalyn: thanks, gaius
[13:13] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): *I thank!
[13:14] Sylvia Tamalyn: it was possibly some overlap between sessions, but at least we are moving with it now
[13:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Calli?
[13:14] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Did you have something to add?
[13:15] Tanoujin Milestone: Calli forgot to get off the stick
[13:15] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Ranma Tardis
[13:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you.
[13:15] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ranma?
[13:15] Callipygian Christensen: arrgh..keep hitting the box or seats behind it
[13:15] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[13:15] Sylvia Tamalyn: me too calli ;)
[13:16] Ranma Tardis: I object to the proceedings, how the LUC demand the RA read their minutes. I object to the fact I was not given time to speak before the vote. Again the LUC has been given time to speak before the RA
[13:17] Ranma Tardis: I have asked as chair, does the LUC have anything to report and the answer has always been no
[13:17] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[13:17] Lilith Ivory has to agree with ranma as she has been missing an official prpüosal too
[13:17] Ranma Tardis: The LUC reports to the RA and not the other way around!
[13:17] Ranma Tardis: done
[13:17] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: Sylvia Tamalyn
[13:18] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Sylvia.
[13:18] Sylvia Tamalyn: i just want to point out that this project has been discussed in the RA since last december. i can look back in the RA minutes and see the discussion. bagheera was reporting in pretty much every meeting about where things stood. as for this term, i brought this up at our most recent meeting, but we agreed we would wait until this week because we had more pressing matters. this is not something that hasn't already been discussed over and over.
[13:18] Sylvia Tamalyn: done
[13:19] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:19] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you.
[13:19] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's move on to 5a.
[13:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): This was in response to Tor's absence and because some wanted to discuss it.
[13:20] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): However, since he is here, perhaps we could table discussing and move onto the more pressing business of the budget.
[13:20] Sylvia Tamalyn: agreed
[13:20] Ranma Tardis: do not agree
[13:21] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Would you like to speak briefly on the matter, then, Ranma?
[13:22] Ranma Tardis: Yes, I propose that the post of Vice Chancellor is created to act when the Chancellor can not. I do believe the Chancellor can appoint one and tell them when their services are needed.
[13:22] Ranma Tardis: The Vice Chancellor would ensure a cog when the Chancellor is away
[13:23] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:23] Ranma Tardis: done
[13:23] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): In my opinion, to necessitate the Chancellor to have a junior colleague would require a constitutional amendment.
[13:24] Ranma Tardis: delagation of authority
[13:24] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Unless the sitting Chancellor would like to appoint a representative, as some previous chancellors have done, of course.
[13:24] Sylvia Tamalyn: agreed
[13:25] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Would you like to discuss this matter, Tor?
[13:26] Drewski Northman: Pardon me folks. RL calls. See you all soon!
[13:26] Sylvia Tamalyn: bye drew! :)
[13:26] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Drew :)
[13:26] Rosie Gray: bye Drew!
[13:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Bye Drew!
[13:26] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Tor?
[13:26] Sylvia Tamalyn looks at the clock
[13:27] Rosie Gray gives Tor a POKE!
[13:27] Tor Karlsvalt: Sorry
[13:29] Tor Karlsvalt: Um, I don't really think we need a vice chancellor. Really this is not such a big operation. I do know that in the past Jamie Pallisaides had a Deputy Chancellor, Rose, who was really only impowered to handle estate management business.
[13:29] Tor Karlsvalt: She, to my recollection, had no constitutional authority as far as budgets or veto power.
[13:30] Tor Karlsvalt: After that
[13:30] Tor Karlsvalt: Xigalia created the position of Vice Chancellor and that let to quite a controversy as to the legality of that position.
[13:31] Tor Karlsvalt: Also, we don't have too many people. I wonder who would want to be Vice Chancellor. Traditionally, the PIO is second in command in the Executive.
[13:32] Tor Karlsvalt: I think I should apologize for being absent too long these last weeks and not clearly defining back up roles and being late with the budget.
[13:32] Tor Karlsvalt: done
[13:33] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you, Tor.
[13:34] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Anyone else?
[13:34] Sylvia Tamalyn: no
[13:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Since no one else wants to speak on the topic, let's move on to 5b, then.
[13:35] Sylvia Tamalyn: i move we table discussion of the budget until our next regular meeting since we can't vote on it until then anyway. that will give everyone more time to review it
[13:35] Rosie Gray: hi Sudane ㋡
[13:35] Tor Karlsvalt: Hi Sudane
[13:35] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[13:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Hi Sudane
[13:35] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Sudane :)
[13:35] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Is there a second?
[13:36] Ranma Tardis: I have concerns on the budget
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: I am not sure - Tor, will you be able to attend the next RA meeting?
[13:36] Tor Karlsvalt: Is that next week?
[13:36] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): It will be on 23 July at Noon SLT.
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: i think in 2 weeks
[13:36] Sylvia Tamalyn: yes
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks Gaius
[13:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Does that work for you, Tor?
[13:37] Ranma Tardis: it does mean the Chancellor can spend no funds until it is approved
[13:37] Sylvia Tamalyn: i thought you said we cannot vote today
[13:37] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): We cannot.
[13:37] Sylvia Tamalyn: well then
[13:37] Tanoujin Milestone: thats right
[13:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Tor, can you meet then?
[13:38] Tanoujin Milestone: he crashed
[13:38] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ach, we've lost him.
[13:39] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ranma, what are your concerns?
[13:39] Ranma Tardis: it is deep in the red and that includes the tier for the sims
[13:40] Ranma Tardis: it has money for events that are Euro friendly and in the middle of the North American day
[13:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Ach, WB Tor
[13:40] Tanoujin Milestone: wb Tor
[13:40] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Tor, can you meet on 23 July
[13:40] Ranma Tardis: we need to trim down and what is the balance of our cash reserves?
[13:40] Sudane Erato: i would not describe our finances as deep in the red
[13:41] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Calli, you have a comment?
[13:41] Tor Karlsvalt: Sorry about that. But yes the 23rd is good
[13:41] Tanoujin Milestone: fine I second the motion "V"
[13:41] Ranma Tardis: -$734.16 is deep
[13:41] Sylvia Tamalyn: can we get our questions to tor prior to the 23?
[13:41] Tanoujin Milestone: [13:35] Sylvia Tamalyn: i move we table discussion of the budget until our next regular meeting since we can't vote on it until then anyway. that will give everyone more time to review it
[13:41] Sylvia Tamalyn: and then discuss at that time
[13:41] Sylvia Tamalyn: thanks, tan
[13:41] Callipygian Christensen: Just to point out that with two weeks to dicuss question etc on the forums, in either or both RA and Exec ones, having Tor present for the final vote isnt necessary
[13:41] Sylvia Tamalyn: agreed
[13:41] Callipygian Christensen: done
[13:42] Tor Karlsvalt notes that I posted a copy to the wall here and anyone can take a copy
[13:42] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:42] Tanoujin Milestone: would just be nice for questions, thats all
[13:42] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Thank you, Calli.
[13:42] Ranma Tardis: nods
[13:42] Tanoujin Milestone: there is a motion a nd a second on the table
[13:43] Tor Karlsvalt: I think, hope, I included more than what will be needed for the Forum, if indeed there is actually any cost for it.
[13:43] Ranma Tardis: nay
[13:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I also want to point out that the Cahncellor's budget does project a large deficit, but we have plenty in reserve. Our last budget also projected a large deficit, but we only lost $150 USD from our reserves of several thousand dollars.
[13:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's vote on the motion.
[13:43] Sylvia Tamalyn: aye
[13:43] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:43] Ranma Tardis: nay
[13:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Aye
[13:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Motion passes.
[13:43] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): 6.
[13:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): General announcements -- are there any announcements?
[13:44] Sylvia Tamalyn: no
[13:44] Tanoujin Milestone shakes head
[13:44] Ranma Tardis: shakes head
[13:44] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): The next meeting is scheduled for 23 July at Noon SLT.
[13:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): I motion to adjourn.
[13:45] Sylvia Tamalyn: second
[13:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Let's vote.
[13:45] Sylvia Tamalyn: aye
[13:45] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Aye
[13:45] Ranma Tardis: nay
[13:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): Motion passes.
[13:45] Gaius Tiberius Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker): We are adjourned.

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”