[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: okay, I call this meeting to order
[12:16] Bagheera Kristan: Agenda and other useful notecards are in the box
[12:16] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: yes, Kiki, please go ahead
[12:17] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): sorry..mistake
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: ah, I see you did
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, Administrative Business
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: Review and approval of the Agenda
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: Is there anything to modify in the agenda or a motion to approve?
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to approve it
[12:17] Bagheera Kristan: Is there a second?
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: Kiki?
[12:18] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): one sec cause I am being Immed about this meeting
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: okay
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: np
[12:18] Bagheera Kristan: brb, rl
[12:18] Tanoujin Milestone: k
[12:18] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): second
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: okay, agenda is approved.
[12:20] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): Lyubov would like to be informed when we get to point 4, but I am afraid I will forget
[12:20] Tanoujin Milestone: i will keep an eye on it
[12:20] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) said 2 hours waiting here for it is too long..
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: There are no meeting minutes yet. I posted a transcript from my own chat log, but that isn't official and I don't think it could be approved
[12:20] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): ty tan
[12:20] Bagheera Kristan: Well, tell him to come
[12:21] Bagheera Kristan: lol
[12:21] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): helllo Lyubov
[12:21] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Lyubov :)
[12:21] Lyubov (20180414): hi there :)
[12:21] Bagheera Kristan: The Executive is not here, so there is no executive report, there are no representatives from the LUC or the Road Committee, so we will move on to citizen concerns
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: Are there any citizen zoncerns?
[12:22] Lyubov (20180414): i'm good :)
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: concerns*
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, thank you
[12:22] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): not here
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: RA Member concerns?
[12:22] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): no
[12:22] Tanoujin Milestone: I have a little thing
[12:22] Bagheera Kristan: yes Tan?
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: I talked to Sudane lately. Remember we wanted to see and question her
[12:23] Bagheera Kristan: yes
[12:23] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) nods
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: so she would be available on weekends - Saturday ftom 10 am to 3 pm and Sunday from 6 am to Noon
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: I would ask you to keep that in mind
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:24] Bagheera Kristan: that is good to know, thank you
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: I had a concern of my own - just for the record. We talked about this after we adjourned at the last meeting. Re: website and forums
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: aw, yes!
[12:25] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): ?
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: We are being challenged in that those who manage them are not available when we need them - like right now
[12:25] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): me nods
[12:25] Bagheera Kristan: so we are a bit hamstrung. I wanted to say that now so it is on the record
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: that silly warnings, Kiki, that the site is not safe and so on
[12:26] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): Maybe it is a good idea to remind people earlier and more often about the date for RAmeetings?
[12:26] Bagheera Kristan: right. Point taken, Kiki. Thank you.
[12:26] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): yes well it is morethan a silly warning, cause it prevents me to actually SEE the site
[12:27] Bagheera Kristan: yes.
[12:27] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) not meaning to critisese you, bags, just trying to find solutions
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: ;) sure
[12:29] Bagheera Kristan: smiles, it is ok
[12:29] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) smiles at Bags
[12:29] Bagheera Kristan: If everyone approves, I'd like to make a change in the order in the agenda..
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: that is a very nice idea
[12:30] Bagheera Kristan: Lyubov came because they wanted to be here for the discussion of 4b, would anyone object if we do that next?
[12:30] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): no objection here
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: fine with it
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: you may find this link useful
[12:30] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, let's talk about 4b - CDSL 21-05 Tier Collection adn Land Reclamation Act discussion...
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone:
[12:31] Tanoujin Milestone: it is Rosies Suggestion
[12:32] Bagheera Kristan: yes, that is Rosie's suggestion and it includes some comments from Lilith
[12:32] Bagheera Kristan: Let me start, since Lyubov came for that, Lyubov, is there anything you are looking at in particular you want to bring to the RA?
[12:33] Lyubov (20180414): i just want to understannd any changes. and i don't understand notecard requirements. is this a casper thing?
[12:33] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, let me give my understanding
[12:34] Bagheera Kristan: When CDS first started, someone created a custom tier collection tool for how CDS collected tier. In 2011, we switched over to using the Hippo system
[12:35] Bagheera Kristan: Hippo had declining support and we switched over to Casper.
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: Prior to switching to Hippo, we relied on the built in scripting to notify citizens when they were due on tier and we continued to do that with Hippo. When Hippo started failing, those notifications became unreliable.
[12:36] Bagheera Kristan: People missed payment on tier and a couple longstanding citizens lost their parcels because they were so far in arrears.
[12:37] Lyubov (20180414): ohhhh
[12:37] Bagheera Kristan: This law was amended / passed (I don't remember which) to put more of the responsibility on the Chancellor to notify citizens by notecard if they were in arrears
[12:38] Lyubov (20180414): oh oh mh ok...
[12:38] Bagheera Kristan: That responsibility is actually a very large burden on the Chancellor
[12:38] Bagheera Kristan: because people actually often fall behind - so it is not an occasional thing
[12:38] Tanoujin Milestone: no, it is a bailiff's job by now :D
[12:39] Bagheera Kristan: So, it makes sense to update the language in the law to reflect we are on Casper now - and also to reduce the burden on the Chancellor because Casper is reliable. That is my take on the situation
[12:40] Bagheera Kristan: Does anyone else have anything to add or correct?
[12:40] Tanoujin Milestone: perfect summary, my respect
[12:40] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): no, you explained it veryw ell
[12:40] Lyubov (20180414): mmm makes sense. take it off the chancelor bc casper works, but need to update the language :)
[12:40] Bagheera Kristan: right :)
[12:41] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, so - for me, personally, I had some challenges with the Google spreadsheet and I haven't had a chance to go through it properly, but the floor is open for anyone else to discuss ....
[12:42] Lyubov (20180414): re 4b? all good here. :)
[12:42] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: comment
[12:42] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Tan
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: i see Rosie has taken Lilith's suggestions in account and updated the text
[12:43] Tanoujin Milestone: I am very happy Lilith did a checkup, because she managed Hippo alone for a long time and is indeed an expert
[12:44] Tanoujin Milestone: I did not find anything more to critizise or add, so I would be ready to vote on it and accept it without further changes, but of course we can table it now as well
[12:44] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:44] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:44] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[12:44] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): I would vote for it as well, just saying
[12:45] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, could you please post the text of the law you are moving to vote on?
[12:45] Tanoujin Milestone: okay
[12:45] Bagheera Kristan: ((take your time))
[12:45] Tanoujin Milestone: i will do that in chunks
[12:46] Bagheera Kristan: ty
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone: Since 2011, CDS has used scripted rental systems to collect tier.
[12:46] Tanoujin Milestone shouts: 1. When a person first purchases a CDS land parcel, they will receive the first 30 days of tier on that parcel which will be given by an Estate Manager. Following the first month of ownership, citizens pay tier via the Tier Payment Unit assigned to their parcel. They have the option to pay for one or many months at a time. Citizens must pay tier – via the tier collection unit– on a parcel that lists them as the owner in the land tool and have it in good standing to maintain citizenship. 1. When a person first purchases a CDS land parcel, they will receive the first 30 days of tier on that parcel which will be given by an Estate Manager. Following the first month of ownership, citizens pay tier via the Tier Payment Unit assigned to their parcel. They have the option to pay for one or many months at a time. Citizens must pay tier – via the tier collection unit– on a parcel that lists them as the owner in the land tool and have it in good standing to maintain citizenship.
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: ups, sorry
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: 2. A landowner may request a refund from an Estate Manager when selling or abandoning a parcel.
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: 3. The Executive shall employ the following procedures for tier collection, reclaiming parcels under ordinary circumstances and clearing (resetting) the tier collection units.
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: - Parcel abandoned from the land tool – Executive clears the tier collection. A landowner may request a refund from an Estate Manager when selling or abandoning a parcel. The parcel is reset for sale.
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: - The Tier Collection Units shall be set to use the notice functions that alert landowners of the expiration of their tier in advance of due date, and the days remaining until they are due. The unit also announces numbers of days overdue. Landowners are expected to be in world to receive such notices and/or have provided LL with an email address allowing them to receive IMs while offline. Landowners are expected to set preferences to receive IMs when off line. Landowners who do not make provision to receive IMs in email, nor provide an email to the Executive, are still required to pay tier in a timely manner. Landowners who disable the reminder notices are expected to track when payments are due themselves and keep their tier up to date.
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: 1. Beginning three days before tier expires, the tier collection unit is supposed to begin sending IMs to the parcel owner.
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: The remaining time shows up on the tier collection system website, available to all Rental Managers.
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: Tier collection unit continues to send IMs until the object is reset, unless the notices have been disabled by the citizen.
[12:48] Tanoujin Milestone: The Executive sends a final notice to errant landowner notifying them when the land will be reclaimed and their items returned.
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: During times of elections or by-elections the executive shall inform the scientific council about citizens who are on the census lists but have lost their citizenship afterwards due to giving up their last parcel or having gotten into arrear with tier payments.
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: 5. At fourteen days overdue, if the landowner has failed to pay the full amount outstanding and unless absent due to a declaration of ‘special circumstances.’ then the Executive can reclaim the parcel. Objects on the parcel can be returned to the landowner and the parcels set for sale unless there are plans to temporarily take it off the market to redevelop.
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: For parcel sales to be complete, the new buyer’s name must appear both in the Land and Tier Collection Unit. If the seller neglects to clear their name from the Tier Collection Unit, the executive clears the seller’s name so the new parcel owner can pay tier. If purchased through a private land sale, the purchaser does not receive 30 days of tier.
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: From time to time, real life circumstances – either personal or technical – prevent a citizen from keeping current with tier (coming in-world and paying). On the ‘in-world’ side, Tier Collection Units sometime fail to send proper notification; IMs are sometimes capped per LL and may prevent a citizen from receiving email. We refer to these as ‘special circumstances.’
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: Citizens whose circumstances may require it can recruit someone to cover their tier. Note, tier payments made by someone other than the landowner does not confer citizenship. Repeated payment by someone other than the landowner can result in status change to ‘provisional’ and put voting rights in jeopardy.
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: Changes and amendments made to CDSL 21-05 passed by the RA on August......, 2018
[12:50] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[12:50] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): comment
[12:50] Bagheera Kristan: Go ahead Kiki
[12:50] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): one question: what is meant with : a private land sale?
[12:51] Bagheera Kristan: Citizens have the right to sell their parcel to someone else
[12:51] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): ah ok understood
[12:51] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[12:51] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, does your motion stand to vote on this?
[12:52] Tanoujin Milestone: depends what you would prefer bags, but yes, so moved
[12:52] Bagheera Kristan: Kiki, so you still second the motion?
[12:52] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): yes
[12:52] Bagheera Kristan: Let's vote, all in favor?
[12:52] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): aye
[12:52] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[12:52] Bagheera Kristan: Aye
[12:52] Bagheera Kristan: Law passed
[12:53] Tanoujin Milestone: yay!
[12:53] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): :)
[12:53] Bagheera Kristan: yay! all the Chancellors present and future breathe a sigh of relief
[12:53] Tanoujin Milestone: you bet!
[12:53] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): hehe
[12:54] Bagheera Kristan: okay, let's move back to CDSL 24-01
[12:54] Bagheera Kristan: picking up from where we left off last time.... lol.... give me a minute
[12:54] Bagheera Kristan: I'll post a link to my unofficial transcript....
[12:54] Tanoujin Milestone: http://bagheera.tv/cdsl-24-01-table-of- ... d-changes/
[12:54] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: that is the link to your very nice table
[12:55] Bagheera Kristan: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8587
[12:55] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you, Tan
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: yvw
[12:55] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) reading
[12:56] Bagheera Kristan: we had gotten through the timing of notifications
[12:56] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): /e nods
[12:56] Bagheera Kristan: The next section was "Citizen owner's responsibilities to abandon land and how to collect the refund of tier balance
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks
[12:57] Bagheera Kristan: I believe we just covered that in the law we just passed too - lol
[12:57] Bagheera Kristan: are there any comments to be made on this section?
[12:57] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): no
[12:57] Bagheera Kristan: (looking at talking stick)
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: hm, I wonder...
[12:58] Lyubov (20180414): all good :)
[12:58] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[12:58] Tanoujin Milestone: question
[12:58] Bagheera Kristan: yes, Tan?
[12:58] Tanoujin Milestone: the Casper does not give an opportunity to refund yourself?
[12:59] Bagheera Kristan: no
[12:59] Bagheera Kristan: you have to have an Estate Manager do it
[12:59] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, I did not notice
[12:59] Tanoujin Milestone: soooo, why don't we refund "automatically"
[12:59] Bagheera Kristan: yes, we looked up on side and downt he other
[13:00] Bagheera Kristan: I think it would be because the citizen may not have cleared all their items, we want to give them time to do that
[13:00] Bagheera Kristan: we don't want to just "send it back"
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: do we need the citizens to request their refunds?
[13:00] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) thinks that should be automatically done, refunding them without hey having to ask for it
[13:01] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) *they
[13:01] Bagheera Kristan: My thought is that a person might clear their items early and get more back sooner - but maybe we should add that we would automatically refund all outstanding tiers by such and such a time?
[13:01] Bagheera Kristan: and what would be "such and such a time"
[13:01] Tanoujin Milestone: think of all the paperwork - almost the same as working through the list... so, if we set a deadline - to be announced?
[13:02] Bagheera Kristan: sure, how do you think we should word that?
[13:02] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) raises hand
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[13:02] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now: InekeB Resident
[13:02] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:02] Bagheera Kristan: go ahead Kiki
[13:03] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): I think, if the landowner clears out early, he should indeed be able to be refunded earlier, and ask for it, but if he doesn't clear his items out earlier, he should automatically get refunded without haveing to ask.
[13:03] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:04] Bagheera Kristan: good point - would either of you like to amend the proposed change - put in the wording for that?
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: Or, let me try.... (give me a minute.. I'll stop if someone adds their name to the list)
[13:05] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[13:05] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) not very good at that
[13:05] Tanoujin Milestone: me neither
[13:05] Bagheera Kristan: please give me a minute then, lol
[13:05] Tanoujin Milestone: what about this: "(4) Citizens of the region being sold are responsible for abandoning their land and may subsequently notify the Executive (Chancellor or Estate Manager) to issue a refund of their tier balance from the tier meters before the date of the sale. Otherwise they will be expropriated and refunded on a certain deadline to be announced by the chancellor."
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: sounds great Tan
[13:06] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[13:06] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): \o/ \o/ \o/
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: okay, moving on...
[13:06] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): oeps sorry
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: Are parcels put back on the market for sale after the sale decision has been made?
[13:06] Bagheera Kristan: the initial law said yes, the current proposal is no
[13:07] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): Can you explain please Bags?
[13:08] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): oh I understand already. But why have the landowners leave and then try to sell it again?
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: well - lol - in MY opinion (and others) - the original law was trying to save the sim, even after the decision to sell had been made - by putting the parcels back on the market....and that really doesn't work out well - since you've just kicked everybody off - it is a bit confusing
[13:08] Bagheera Kristan: right
[13:09] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) nods
[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: So are you okay with just striking that language?
[13:09] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): aye
[13:09] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, the original intention was to set a incentive to save the sim, but as Calli pointed out this would lead into chaos and maybe an endless loop
[13:09] Bagheera Kristan: okay, next section
[13:10] Bagheera Kristan: RA authority and process to override the Chancellor's decision to sell... at the last meeting, I think we achieved a consensus that the RA was the decision-maker, so this verbiage is no longer applicable
[13:10] Bagheera Kristan: sorry Tan, go ahead
[13:10] Bagheera Kristan: I didn't see you
[13:10] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:10] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry, I was leftover
[13:11] Bagheera Kristan: are we still in agreement that the RA is the decision-maker?
[13:11] Bagheera Kristan: or is there anything anyone wants to discuss here?
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: i am all for it
[13:11] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): me too
[13:11] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, moving on
[13:12] Bagheera Kristan: I am just looking at the talking stick, lol, if you don't click it, I'll just keep rolling....
[13:12] Bagheera Kristan: Last Chance Review
[13:12] Bagheera Kristan: Replace current verbiage with the new one that just tells everyone it is happening
[13:13] Bagheera Kristan: (or not, apparently, lol - but I am fine with the ambiguity myself)....
[13:13] Bagheera Kristan: Does anyone else have anything they want to say?
[13:13] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): to sell the sim "or not"? decission wa smade already?
[13:13] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): can the cancellor get back on the sale then?
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: Do you want to strike "or not"?
[13:14] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): yes
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: Tan?
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: any comments?
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: good
[13:14] Bagheera Kristan: okay, then
[13:14] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): what is the use of the whole procedure if at the last minute it all can be taken back?
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: right, we do not want that
[13:14] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) nods
[13:15] Bagheera Kristan: I will move on to the next section that has suggested changes...scrolling down...
[13:15] Bagheera Kristan: ah, we are done
[13:15] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: You are now On the List to Speak. You Can Click the Device Again to Remove your Name.
[13:15] Bagheera Kristan: So - let me cut and paste - in chunks - the new proposed law as we discussed in the last RA meeting and this one
[13:15] Tanoujin Milestone: comment to the last paragraph
[13:15] Bagheera Kristan: yes, Tan?
[13:16] Tanoujin Milestone: wait a moment, thanks
[13:16] Tanoujin Milestone: How to handle grandfathered sims so as to preserve the financial discount.
[13:16] Bagheera Kristan: oh yes
[13:16] Tanoujin Milestone: that is somewhat nonsense as Sudane pointed out in a recent post on the forums
[13:16] Bagheera Kristan: please explain
[13:16] Tanoujin Milestone: because all our sims are grandfathered in the one or other way
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: okay, so we can strike that?
[13:17] Tanoujin Milestone: since we took the discount offer from LL
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: right
[13:17] Tanoujin Milestone: i would suggest to strike it, yes
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: okay, is that okay with you Kiki?
[13:17] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): yes
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: okay... will start cut and paste now
[13:17] Bagheera Kristan: Please give me a few minutes
[13:17] Tanoujin Milestone: sure :)
[13:18] Bagheera Kristan: Actually we have two motions to make
[13:18] Bagheera Kristan: Let's do the first one - the name change
[13:18] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[13:18] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): second
[13:18] Bagheera Kristan: Would one of you like to make a motion to repeal the existing law
[13:18] Bagheera Kristan: oh - please write it out, lol
[13:19] Bagheera Kristan: or I can, but we should write it out
[13:19] Kiki Whatever (inekeb)Kiki Whatever (inekeb) not very good at that
[13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: I move to repeal the existing law and replace it with a law called CDSL 28-01“Region Divestment Act”
[13:19] Bagheera Kristan: Is there a second?
[13:19] Bagheera Kristan: *nudges Kiki*
[13:19] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): second
[13:20] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehe
[13:20] Bagheera Kristan: perfect, let's vote
[13:20] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:20] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): aye
[13:20] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[13:20] Bagheera Kristan: CDSL 24-01 is repealed, to be replaced with CDSL 28-01 Region Divestment Act
[13:20] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, now the cut and paste... hang on
[13:21] Bagheera Kristan: Rationale for law (no change)
[13:21] Bagheera Kristan: Rationale:
In the Confederation of Democratic Sims, it is the responsibility of the CDS government to ensure that the estate is financially managed in a responsible manner with an overall goal of keeping CDS in the black.

Tenancy fluctuations and long term vacancies can negatively impact the financial health of the estate. This bill establishes parameters for selling a CDS region if it remains vacant, in the red and a financial liability.
[13:22] Bagheera Kristan: What triggers the law to go into effect? (option 2)
[13:22] Bagheera Kristan: If the CDS fails to generate more than 90% of its monthly tier expense for and a region fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, or the CDS as a whole fails to generate more than 90% of its monthly expenses for six consecutive months.
[13:23] Bagheera Kristan: Who initiates the first action and what do they do? There was a lot of discussion about this one, but it landed on Option 2, I believe
[13:24] Bagheera Kristan: the Chancellor or anyone is to notify the RA for review to determine if it is in the best financial interests of the CDS to divest of a region.
[13:24] Bagheera Kristan: (that is the summary from the last meeting.. now to today's)
[13:24] Bagheera Kristan: What does the Chancellor do first if the decision is made to sell the region
[13:25] Bagheera Kristan: ((adding this from the last meeting, sorry))
[13:25] Bagheera Kristan: If the decision is made to sell, the Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: Timing of notice to all citizens.
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: The Chancellor must give 90 days notice to all CDS citizens of the intention to sell a region both on the CDS forum and in an in-world CDS group notice.
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: Timing of notice to citizen landowners and groups of the affected sim/region.
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: (3) The Chancellor must give 90 days notice of the sale to all citizens of the region via notecard. In the case of group owned land, the Chancellor will provide notice via notecard to the group owner.
[13:26] Bagheera Kristan: Citizen owners’ responsibilities to abandon land and how to collect refund of tier balance.
[13:27] Bagheera Kristan: (4) Citizens of the region being sold are responsible for abandoning their land and may subsequently notify the Executive (Chancellor or Estate Manager) to issue a refund of their tier balance from the tier meters before the date of the sale. Otherwise they will be expropriated and refunded on a certain deadline to be announced by the Chancellor.
[13:27] Bagheera Kristan: Three days prior to the sale date, the Chancellor will announce his/her intentions to sell the sim in the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forums.
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: On the scheduled date of sale, the Chancellor will clear the region completely of all objects before placing the region for sale.

(7) The Chancellor can confer the responsibility of clearing the region on a CDS estate manager
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: (8) At the Chancellor’s direction, Rudeen must place the region up for sale in the For Sale By Owner group. The Chancellor is responsible for writing up the text for the sales notice and for giving it to Rudeen.
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: (9) Money from the sale of the region shall remain in the general CDS account (Rudeen).
[13:28] Bagheera Kristan: (10) Neufriedstadt is excluded from this act. Given the history of the region and the significance to CDS, Neufreidtadt will remain until it is no longer able to pay for itself or SL service ends.
[13:28] Tanoujin Milestone: typo alarm
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: Okay - that's it
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: ?
[13:29] Tanoujin Milestone: "Neufreistadt"
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: okay, lol
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: Barring typos, I think I got it as intended.
[13:29] Bagheera Kristan: You have the floor still Tan
[13:29] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Current Speaker is Now:
[13:29] XD-Moderator Speaker List v2.36: Your Name has Been Removed From the List of Speakers
[13:30] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry again
[13:30] Bagheera Kristan: Did I post that correctly? Does anyone see anything that should be changed?
[13:30] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): I think you did well
[13:30] Tanoujin Milestone: very good
[13:30] Bagheera Kristan: Thank you. is there a motion to pass this new law?
[13:30] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[13:30] Bagheera Kristan: second?
[13:31] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): second
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: let's vote
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:31] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): aye
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: YAY!@!!
[13:31] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): hehe
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: finest hour :D
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: lol
[13:31] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): we did a lot today, that feels good :)
[13:31] Bagheera Kristan: There are several other things on the agenda but I am toast
[13:31] Tanoujin Milestone: well said!
[13:32] Lyubov (20180414)Lyubov (20180414) clapps from the gallery :)
[13:32] Bagheera Kristan: I don't know if I am allowed but is there a motion to table the rest of the items and move to scheduling our next meeting?
[13:32] Bagheera Kristan: or we can go on...?!
[13:32] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): so moved
[13:32] Tanoujin Milestone: second
[13:32] Bagheera Kristan: okay, let's talk about the next schedule
[13:32] Bagheera Kristan: Tan, what were the times Sudane was available again?
[13:33] Tanoujin Milestone: Looks like we can invite sudane next time
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: that would be great
[13:33] Tanoujin Milestone: sat 10 am to 3 pm
[13:33] Tanoujin Milestone: sun 6 am to noon
[13:33] Bagheera Kristan: So, do we want to meet this weekend or the next?
[13:33] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): next is better for me
[13:33] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): not this one
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: so Saturday the 18th or Sunday the 19th
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: which would be better and when?
[13:34] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): eeh that is this one?
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: oops
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: soirry
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: lol
[13:34] Tanoujin Milestone: teehee
[13:34] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): Can't we do it on the 25th or 26th?
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: 25th (sat) or 26th (Sun
[13:34] Bagheera Kristan: my mistake, sorry
[13:35] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): saturday would be best fr me
[13:35] Bagheera Kristan: Tan?
[13:35] Tanoujin Milestone: okay with me
[13:35] Bagheera Kristan: what time?
[13:35] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): but sunday I could do aso but not too early
[13:35] Tanoujin Milestone: noonish?
[13:35] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): noon is good
[13:35] Bagheera Kristan: Okay, so Saturday, August 25th at 12 noon
[13:36] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): aye
[13:36] Bagheera Kristan: Is there a motion to adjourn?
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[13:36] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): second
[13:36] Bagheera Kristan: aye
[13:36] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[13:36] Kiki Whatever (inekeb): aye
[13:36] Bagheera Kristan: THank you everyone !

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”